Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

storm, i like em but DH cant use em so its no use. wont buy anymore. i heard if you get the next size up they are easier to put on.

linda- where did you get your photos done? i heard that a place called 'little images' at alderley are really good and dont cost an arm and a leg like 'portrait place'. i emailed them last week and they havent gotten back to me so i dunno if i will use em after all.

jitterbug- did you see my post in your other thread about where to weight bubs?

mrsC-
    thats great you are getting some good sleep periods out of bunny! i am finding that from around 8 -12 or 1 Chelsea is really fussy at the boob, and cries a lot but then she will sleep for a good 4 hours after that.

poppysmum- i understand that it is a very busy time, so dont worry if you cant do heaps of personals. i am making the most of DH being at home still, next week is probably gonna be a different situation and i wont have much time to get online, or scratch my own bum for that matter. :-) i dont know how i am gonna get through next week without DH home! ARGH!

anyone got their stimulus money yet? i am checking and re-cheking each day! HURRY UP! :-)

Oh i hate being at home alone, any noise i think is some - one coming to get us

I like the Bonds Easy suits once i figured them out. My hubby hates them, he just gets confused LOL he wont change her when she is in them , so i have put them away

I want my stimulus money too, nothing today from the postman :-(

Ella weighed 4.2kg and 56 cm growing so fast

Jane Anne Photography she comes to you tell her I reffered you she is really good did my belly shots on Face Book too

Hollo -- Yes, thanks! I called the health care nurses but the one in my area is only open Tuesdays... they gave me a few names of chemists in the area that have facilities, though so will check it out sometime this week!! I probably should have responded in that thread but I got the number and then called them up, then sort of forgot what I was doing but thank-you for that! I'm gunna go sprinkle some rep on you since I just worked out how to do that

Hi, I thought I'd put a quick post as I couldn't find some of the overdue mum's from the bellybuddy thread in the baby's born in April thread.

I was due on 27 March but was 8 days overdue in the end with

David Charles arriving on 4th Apr weighing in at 9lb 11oz or 4.42kg

delivered by emergency caeseraian after a long labour we're all doing well.

PM- Sry to hear about your b/fing problems, you did so well to get to 4wks you should be proud.

JB- I also love how busy our group is.

Linda- I bet the pics of Miss C turn out great, i got some of Cookie taken at 8 days & they turned out so well.

Jo- I love the easysuits & still use them on Maddi as it's they only outfit she can't take off.

Kell wtg on Ella's weight gain, i don't think Cookie is far off 4.2kg.

Auzzie- Nice to hear from you, i was wondering how you went.
    So glad you & David are doing well.

Wow this thread sure has gone nuts lately huh!! Its awesome!

Auzzie Hi and welcome...and welcome to the world David So glad you guys are doing well, I hope David is settling really well for you.

Hollo Nope no stimulus money here yet either...I keep checking the bank everyday just in case lol. Got some maternity pay thing from the government today tho...still waiting for my letter to explain what that was!!

Josh is starting to get grizzly after each feed to....except for the middle of the night one thankfully!! Im not a huge fan of being home alone even in the day time....so big hugs to all of you who are doing the night shifts alone!!

Is everyone else doing the Mummy's Group thing??? My midwife never mentioned it to me, but a friend just told me one starts here on the 13th May and recons I should just invite myself along!!

Sorry for any missed personals, every time I sit at the pc Josh seems to get grizzly again!

auzzie.chick -- Welcome to the world David! Good to hear you are doing well.

kellbell and storm -- we have a few of those Bonds Easy Suits (they are so cute) and it is the opposite here, I can't figure them out but DP has them on and off like a pro. I always make sure she is changed into something else before my solo nights but I am getting better at it haha

Hollo -- also haven't got our money yet. Really looking forward to it because we are going to splurge on a washing machine! I never realised how much a little thing could dirty and even though the laundromat is on the end of our street, it is still a bit of a mission that I am keen to cut out of my days! Here's hoping we all get ours soon!!

Helen_au -- I was told about a Mummy's group in my area but I am a little nervous about joining! I might check it out and see how I go, it will be good to know children of a similar age so that DD can have some playmates but yeah, I'm a bit socially awkward!!

We are going alright here. Last night wasn't too bad... I was a little panicky for the first hour because the day had been constant feeding and I was worried it would continue through-out the night and that I wouldn't be able to cope on my own. Surprisingly, though, DD had a feed around 1am and didn't wake until my partner got home at around 6:20am! It is probably a once off but it was good to get such an extended period of uninterrupted sleep. One more night till the weekend...

Take care everyone

i joined a mothers group when i had my first DD and we still meet every week. there are 11 kids in our group now because most of us have had more babies. we are all really good friends. if tehre is one thing i would reccomend it would be to go to the very first mothers group meetings because once a group forms it can be quite hard to 'fit' in with the everyone. (before i found this group i went to a a group that had been formed for a year already and i found it very hard to fit in).

Jitterbug- the health clinics that i was telling you about organise a class for first time mothers from about 6weeks of age and this is where our group formed. from memory it was called first steps or early steps program.

welcome Auzzie- glad to hear the good news about the arrival of your little one. i couldnt even find the april group when i started posting in here. i think i will stay here though. :-)

Took Cookie to the Dr's because her belly button looks infected & the Dr said she has a Umbilical hernia. Gonna ask the MCHN what she thinks on Saturday as the Dr (not our usual one) didn't know anything about babies. Poor Cookie keeps crying likes she's in pain & there is nothing i can do for her.

Oh no Mo. Both Zac & Angel had those, they were horrible, but they just had theirs tied off again & they fell off, & now they have lovely belly buttons!!
    Hope everything is OK.

Hi to everyone & welcome Aussie, congratulations on David's safe arrival.

Must go finish tea....

Oh sorry Mo to hear about cookie, hope it all works out. The prof pics on facebook look great, where did you get them done?

Im going to a new mothers group my health nurse recommend at the end of the month, i hope they are nice, be good to meet up with other mothers with babies the same age

We want a new bed with our stimulus money, hope it comes today

Ella only wants to sleep when shes being held, are you supposed to let them cry, im not getting anything done between the breastfeeding and the carrying, any ideas?

Thanks everyone, David is settling well apart from a night time.
    He seems to sleep for about four hours during the day, wakes for a feed then after a cuddle and nappy change drifts off to sleep again a litle angel. He is much the same of a night time except the occaisonal night where he becomes a gremlin..he takes a few hours to get to settle. David sleeps in basinett in our room, or in our bed depending on how long we've been trying to get him to sleep. Can't seem to work out why he fusses so much, like last night he spent a few hours of an evening not settling and then again at 4am with a good sleep in between. Other nights it seems to be first off and then once he's been asleep and woken 4 hours later for a feed he goes off to sleep in the basinet.

It just seems he has a feed, and drifts off to sleep in arms and then as soon as you put him in the basinett he wakes crying. can't work out why...

Auzzie a lot babies do that. Do you wrap David? He may wake because he likes the feeling of being held so wrapping can help with that.
    You can try sleeping with one of his blankets & then using that blanket the next day so it smells like you, that may also help. Some babies just have days where they want cuddles.

Jo I really don't trust anything that Dr had to say, she had to use the internet & a medical book to look everything up. So I'll ask the health nurse tomorrow what see thinks about everything.
    It's good to know both you kids have cute belly buttons makes me feel a lot better

Kell here are some idea's for you.
    1. trying using a sling, they are great for doing things around the house & most of the time they keep baby happy.
    2.Trying wrapping Ella up tightly, she may just want the feeling of being held.
    3. She may have wind.
    4. if you feel comfortable doing it, you could putting her down on her tummy after she has fallen asleep.
    As for the crying that's your choice, some people will say they only cry at this age for a reason, others will say let them cry. It really is a personal choice.

Thanks to all of you re the support towards my bf problems it really does make me feel better.

Mrs C - feeding at this early stage does take a long time, but it gets quicker each month. Bunny is learning how to bf just like you are and I bet she is loving being so close to you.

Jitterbug - I felt the same as you towards Mothers group but you all have your babies in common and that gives you all something to bond and talk over. I really hope you go and like it. I liked that we all went through the same stages with our babies and could offer support. It is also fun to watch your babe interact once they are older.

Treena - Poppy is also my little helper and is surprisingly good at it, fetching me nappies, wipes, dummies whatever i call for really. She is growing up so fast now its scary, yesterday she had her 1st haircut and peed in the potty!!

Hollo - I had DH for one week and I hang out for him to get home each night. The day goes by so fast, it still amazes me! We are also waiting for our 'Ruddy' as we call it. Though it is going into our debt. We will buy a few things but not much.

Kellbell - I agree with all that Trinity said. Its really normal behavior for little babes and mine is the same. I find that wrapping her really helps not to wake her as i transfer her to the cradle. And i keep a hand firmly on her chest as i put another blanket over her and tuck it in firmly.

Sascha is settling into a feeding and sleep pattern now, she sleeps at night from 7pm to 2am and feeds again at 6am. During the day she eats around 9am and every 3 to 4 hourly after that. I bath her each night as she loves it and it has really helped to settle her. My DH and I cherish the quiet nights we have been getting with both girls in bed. Though last night Poppy was up crying till about 2am with her last molars breaking through. I have learn't through her that routines and patterns always fluctuate and to enjoy them when they are stable!

will be back later for personals just letting you know we are still alive

Will do personals later, have a couple of friends dropping by so just need to be quick! Did a weigh in today and Immy is up to 4.16kg!! Her last weigh in was 17 days ago at 3.1kg -- so quite a large gain (1.06kg or about 440g a week)... now I am going to be stressing that she is gaining too much... yes, I am a paranoid first time parent hehe!

No night shift tonight

Jitterbug I am the same way with social situations....I even freaked out going to town to get my sisters b'day present...I kept thinking what will I do if Josh starts screaming everyone will stare and think Im a bad Mummy (I do know thats silly, but I freaked anyway) Im glad I will know one of the other Mums going into it! Glad you got a good chunk of sleep and no night shift tonight Enjoy it Awesome weight gain too...you sound so much like me, I get paranoid with everything like that too!!

Trinity I hope the MHCN can be of more help with Cookie's belly button on Saturday, its so annoying when the Dr doesnt seem to know what they are doing!

Auzzie I would try wrapping as well if youre not already....plus scenting a blanket, or even using a shirt you have been wearing is a great idea too!

Finally we have seen some Ruddy money here Only one lot tho....Im thinking its mine cos DH's probably got sent to the accountant, so I guess they will pass it on to us (well I hope they do anyway!!) And I figured out what the other government money I got was.....Baby Bonus (duh me I forgot that was coming lol) So now I have to be very good and try not to spend it all (glad I didnt realise it was there when I went shopping this morning lol)

As for Josh, he is doing pretty good.....he still has a few little chucks thru the day, but it doesnt look like a bottles worth each time so thats gotta be good His sleeping is still rather unpredictable, but Im getting used to the randomness of it all if that makes sense (My Dad says that means Josh finally has his Mummy trained lol)

Hope all is going well with everyone else

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast