Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

Cookie weighs 4.1kg & is 52.5 cms long.
    Health nurse can't figure out why Cookie is in pain either, she said it may be reflux so to try some mylanta & we did notice her left arm doesn't go as high as her right so she suggested a visit to the Chiro. She does have a hernia but said it should go away by it self.

hey all,

poppysmum- yeah for peeing on the potty - jayden is slowly getting there.

auzziechick- congrats on david! - i had the same thing with ally as soon as i put her down she would wake up and would get her hands out which is how she was waking herself up so she is now a tummy sleeper and she goes straight to sleep. all my kids seem to be tummy sleepers never liked lying on their backs i was lucky thought they could all lift their heads as soon as they were born making it easier.

kellbell- its up to u if you want her to cry i let ally cry for a few minutes to excercise her lungs just a few times other times i pick her up straight away. maybe a swing would help so you can get somethings done around the house.

helen - i am lucky that i have a few friends with bubbbas close in age to ally so we get together every week or 2, i am quite a shy person and dont think i could go to one- i never did with the boys- but they always had playdates with friends kids the same ages.

mo- sorry to hear about cookie's sore belly button hope it gets better soon!

AFM- we had a great night last night ally went to sleep at 9:10pm and didn't wake until 6:10am - yeah it was the best night sleep i have had in at least a year. no wto try and get her to do that everynight. during the day though unless she is asleep she just wants to be held all the time. i am looking in to getting a swing as i think this may help.
    nope no rudd money here yet

take care

Thanks for the advice. I put her on her tummy to sleep the last two days and she had been more settled. Except at three o clock this morning, she was so widddeeee awake

I think ill go look for a swing, what swings are you guys using?

Kell can't help you with the swings as we dont have one because Maddi would sit in the swing and break it plus she'd never leave Cookie alone in the swing.
    The Fisher Price swings do look good tho
    Got the pics done by Sammi (Raven on BB), as she lives pretty close to me. I think she did such a great job with the pics.

Treena-What a great sleep Ally gave you, gl getting her to sleep through every night

Cookie is fast asleep & Maddi is off visiting her Nanna with DF, So nice having toddler free time lol
    Last edited by Khaleesi; April 18th, 2009 at 04:16 PM.

Well Ok here I am to Catch Up I promise

Miss C and I went to the Dr's yesterday and he is happy with my CS wound and he thinks she is a great advanced little bub. He is also very impressed with my expressing and the amounts she is drinking. Miss C is weighing 3.48 Kgs and DH and I got the whooping cough booster and me an iron shot which we all knew I would need.

We had our photos taken and I should get the disk next week there is a preview shot in my signature

Kell - I got a swing from Deals Direct for $60 a Graco one Miss C seems to like it!

Treena - Yay on the sleep through the night

Mo - Sorry to hear about Cookies Hernia

Jitterbug, Poppy's Mum, Helen, Storm, Hollo and Aussie Chick and anyone I may have missed a big

We are ataking it 1 day at a time she is feeding every 3 hours and has had some grumpy patches over the last few days so Mummy is going to buy a sling so she can be a little more hands free

tiggerlinda- oh my goodness charlotte is so gorgeous, she looks so small!!! love the pic! i bought one of those side slings for DD1, used it about twice cause it was so hard to get her into. i borrowed a hug a bug this time and it is a lot easier to use and more snuggly.

anyone using the sounds for silence CD? any success with it? Chelsea is beginning to get a little more restless and fussy. want to try and get her used to the cot a bit more.

sorry for lack of personals, been busy packing the house and now you know who is awake! we are moving in a few weeks, into our first home! YAY! gonna be on a tight budget from now on though.

got a peanut sling from Mel today so hopefully that and th carrier will be enough i needed something i did not have to tie so it is easy when dh is out

oh we'e had a rough 24 hours. dh and i both been in tears! susie has been suffering with the wind more...i did have garlic in my dinner last night so i'm hoping thats why. she took 1.5 hours to settle and stop being windy after her 10:30 feed, and then an hour after her 5:30 feed. the 2:30 feed i think she was just too tired and only took hald an hour...but then we've had more wind throughout the day today!! i have a splitting headache!! tried infants friend last night and it didnt seem to work, but tried it this avo after 3/4 hour and she was asleep within 10 minutes...woke 1.5 hours later with wind again but only took about 15 minutes to get it out of her system.

phew sorry just needed to debrief!! hoping for a better night tonight for all of our sakes! really want to take her to church tomorrow!

Mrs AC sweetie I had a night like that did you try the free excerices from treat colic it works well with Miss C when she has wind too. Gets it moving

MrsC- we have all been there at one stage or another, its not easy, or fun but you just deal with it as best you can and get through it. before you know it she will be able to burp by herself and it wont be a problem anymore. just gotta take it one day (or night) at a time.

during the night time feeds are you keeping the lights low and trying not to be super chatty with her? she might be thinking that it is play time after her feed.? i would probably only change nappy at night if it is dirty or if super full of wee, to encourage bub to stay asleep.

also, i find that if i hold chelsea upright against my shoulder (rather than sitting her on my lap and holding her under the chin) to burp her seems to work much better and it encourages her to fall back to sleep cause she is all snuggled up against me.

plus, i dunno about bottle fed bubs, but bfed ones can get a bit fussy at the breast to sustain the milk supply. thats what i remind myself when chelsea will not get off my breast and wont fall back to sleep without it anyway. :-)

hope you get a better night tonight!

tiggerlinda - thanks!! and that is such a super cute photo! looking forward to seeing more!! I havent tried those free exercises cause he said to wait till bub was relaxed and wait for an hour after a feed...well that pretty much leaves when shes sleeping lol! have u done them shortly after a feed??
    she seems a lil better atm, we sat her upright for over half an hour after this feed, put her down, 5 minutes later she had a bit of wind, dh sat her upright for another 10-15 minutes, she had a bit of a chuck and she was ok and is now asleep again!

sorry for the lack of personals before guys! hi to everyone!!

glad you found us Auzzie!! congrats on the birth of David!!
    yay to the sleeping through Mo! hope a trip to the chiro helps settle cookie down!
    Yay to the moving house soon Hollo!

hoping everyone has a good night tonight!!!!

I have done them just after a feed and before if she is asleep to get her to wake for the feed

Thanks for the comments on the photo I can't wait for the others

had another rough night last night, between 10 and 3 susie only had 2 half hour sleeps, and 3 feeds but although she was awake and windy she wasnt crying constantly, we managed to keep her calmish, she just didnt sleep lol! will just keep persevering with the differnt lil tactics we've got!

so we didnt make it to church service today, we rocked up just as it had finished, but we got to see everyone who was there over morning tea so that was good, really needed the extra human interaction!!

one of the ladies at church mentioned her daughter had gone to a day stay clinic when they were having issues settling their baby...they were feeding fine but were having lots of trouble with settling. I had heard of day stay clinics for breastfeeding problems, but had never heard of them for settling problems! will definitely be keeping that in the back of our minds if we keep having problems!

Mrs C next time you see your health nurse if you mention that S has been unsettled she'll recommended you to a sleep school. Hope you find something that works for S soon, it's not fun having a unsettled baby.

We've also had a few rough nights here, Cookie was crying 3-10pm on Friday, was unsettled last night just not as bad & is still unsettled today finally got her off to sleep after being awake all morning. Figure I've eaten something that is giving her an upset tummy or maybe her shoulder is bothering her.

ahh ok, thanks for that Mo! we're due to go in on friday for the '2 week' visit so will mention it then if we're still having problems..thought it was odd it was so late though cause shes 2 weeks today! so she'll nearly be 3 weeks lol!

sorry to hear you';ve been having unsettled times with cookie too *huggs* hope for a better night for you all tonight! have u tried a chiropracter? brett wants to take Susie to a chiro just to get her checked out to make sure shes all ok, theres a great clinic here in ballarat called chiro kids, our next door neighbour recommended them, shed taken both her sons there and they were so much better afterwards!

i would be a little careful with those sleep schools though. i havent had any personal experience but have heard they can be a bit strict and full on. fair enough if thats what you want and it gets results but i dont think it would have suited me very much, i am a big softie! :-)

i jusy found out the paed who put together soundds fot silence cd runs the paed clinic here in ballarat! cool hey

wow that is great!!!!

Miss C went from 12 feed till 5 this am did have cuddles with mum at 2 though

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast