Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

Hello my favourite ladies! How are we all?

Trinity -- how is Cookie feeling today? I really hope she is feeling better soon! Have you looked any further into seeing a chiro?

treena217 -- I am so jealous of your long sleep! When I get 4hrs in a row I am happy these days hehe. How have her nights been since? Hopefully still impressive! Did you end up finding a solution to the velcro bub?

kellbell -- How is Ella's sleep going now? Good to hear the tummy thing is helping!

tiggerlinda -- Sounds like a good chunk of sleep! Charlotte looks so adorable, what a fantastic photo!

Hollo -- have you tried the CD yet? We have been part-time co-sleeping and I am getting a bit worried that soon DD won't want to sleep in her bassinet at all so wondering whether the CD has helped at all for you? Hope the moving preparations are coming along nicely! How exciting.

MrsC_Aussie -- Hope you are all getting some better sleep! We have been having a few unsettled nights, I think from all the chocolate I've been having from Easter!! We have our 6 week check-up at 8 weeks haha but our pead said that since there doesn't seem to be any problems then it should be fine and we can always call earlier if something does come up.

Big to anyone I missed, it is far too early!

Not much to tell here. DD has been a bit unsettled lately and I am back to solo nights (1 done, 4 to go). Had a bit of a fight with DP but it is mostly sorted now.

Take care everyone!

wow MRsC, thats awesome! i would love to go and learn some stuff from him. nothing like that ever happens up in QLD! i have found the CD to be working (its not like she is falling asleep by herslef and sleeping through though) i am finding that for the last two nights she has been settled enough to sleep in her cot for the first 2-3hours. when she wakes i just bring her into bed with us. i wish i had the booklet that comes with the CD though, i'm sure there are more tips in it.

i am finding that from 5am-7am Chelsea is making all these grunting, groaning noises in her sleep and it is really hard for me to sleep!! so i might have to work at putting her back into her cot during the night or i wont get any sleep even while co-sleeping!

i wieghed her yesterday, she is 4.7kg already! i cant believe it! she looks big too! :-)

jitterbug- when we had DD1 my DH had to do night shift as well, i found it SO hard! especially cause she was a terrible sleeper and i had no one to help me, cause he had to go to bed early to get up early and i didnt want to wake him to help. i used to drive her around in the car at midnight, so tired! we had a few fights too, but the money was good.

RazRock Guest

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself finally! Gosh it took a while to get back online!
    I have quite a few pages in this thread to get to, and I will, I promise.
    So glad we have groups like this - I can't wait to become a part of it!

My little boy Edison was born on the 30th March via C-Section at 38 weeks, he was so tiny when he was born, but sooo long - 51cms and was 2.865kgs.
    We had a nicely planned Hypnobirth which all went out the window when Edi didn't turn - he was breech and there was no way to budge him. I did have time to prepare for the change in birth plan, so I have no issues with having to have a c-section in the end.

He is such a good little bub too, calm most of the time. Except a shocking day last Friday with wind! How hard is it to watch your bub cry and turn red with frustration and you can't do much to help them! - in the end I gave him some drops and some warm water on a teaspoon - advice from my midwife and then we rolled him a bit and he finally had a feed and went to sleep on the boob - I didn't move for a good 1.5hours just in case I woke him up... Thankfully my arm didn't fall off

I watched an amazing DVD called the happiest baby on the block and it has some great tips to settle a bub - I use these tips everyday! One tip is the swing, which I haven't got yet, but I will, little Edi is still quite small so I don't think he will fit in it just yet.

We are not in a routine as such yet, but he does do a good sleep during the day about 5 hours and one at night about the same, although, sometimes his night starts at 8pm, so I don't get the benefits of that sleep. He does feed about every 2-3 hours when he is not having his big sleeps, and for a good chunk of time. I love seeing his little 'milk drunk' face after a good feed.

Ok, I think that is about it at the moment... I could write and write but I know we are all WAY too busy for that.

Hope everyone is having a nice calm day!

Hi everyone,
    thanks for the tips on how to help David stay settled of a night. Things are going well he has been going back to sleep quite well, i've been keeping the lights dim and only changing nappy if its dirty/very wet.

Had our maternal health checkup today (David's 2 weeks) god that's flown. All went well, he is 4.6kg and 56.7cm long, every growing steadily luckily he just gained the average weight this weke unlike last week when he gained 300g! The family who had their appointment before us asked how old David is, they were a bit suprised when i said 2 weeks as he was nearly as big as their 3 month old. Although I think I have to buy some 0 size clothes as he grew 3cm and the 00's are starting to get snug length ways.. either that or hubby did shrink them slightly in the dryer

good to hear thing are going well for people

I agree with Hollo about the sleep school, They focus on the Feed, Play, Sleep routine & are known to be very strict with it & from what i can tell they do some control crying techniques and i personally don't think i couldn't handle that. I was referred to one on Saturday after i told the nurse about Cookie's 5hr crying episode but i don't think we need to go now as Cookie is doing a lot better. I'm being really cautious of her shoulder & she seems to be a lot calmer & happier.
    Still trying to find a Pead Chiro done this way, Gonna call some more places tomorrow.

JB-Hope Immy settles down for you soon, Seems like a lot of are having issues with unsettled babies.

Auzzie Wow David is doing really well with his weight & height you should be proud.

Welcome Razrock & i also love that Milk drunk face, it's just too cute.

Hollo wtg Chelsea on the weight gain.

Mrs C Cookie had her 2wk check-up when she was 4wks old. The Centre stuffed up & now all her visit's are 2wks out.

Linda Yay for Miss C giving you a nice sleep.

Wow this thread is just going crazy!! Sorry everyone that I am really far behind with all the personals. Josh is having some really unsettled days now too, he just seems to want to be held constantly, and has had some pretty bad up-chucks too...hoping like hell this is just a phase that will pass soon! I still havent mastered the art of getting anything done while holding him....thinking I might have to look into a sling or carrier type thingo if this keeps up! It just breaks my heart to see him so upset, and the poor thing looks so stunned and confused every time his feed comes back up! His Nana & Pa are coming for tea tonight for DH's birthday...hopefully some grandparent hugs will help him! Honestly, how long til the poor mites can deal with wind better??!!

RazRock Hi and welcome, its great to have you here Congrats on the birth of Edison...I hope he is still settling in well....its great to have some more blue on this thread too

Hope everyone else is hanging in there and all the bubbas are starting to get more settled again I will try to get back in for personals real soon!!

Hugs to you all

Miss C is having a sookie unselttled day wants to be held all the time I hope she is ok very teary today even when she is being held. Had to sleep with me all last night por bubs xx

Aww poor Charlotte! Chelsea is doing the same thing, though she is doing it late arvo through to 2am! i think her day/night might be a bit mixed up. oh well, we'll get through it. wish i could have a nap during the day though, but Hannah wont let me!

We just had a quite watery stool which was fairly strong smelling so I'm keeping an eye on DD and letting her hang out on the boob all day. So far, nothing further and her temperature is perfect so hopefully it was just an extra loose once-off rather than diarrhea... She hasn't been unsettled or crying which is a good sign, I think.

just a super quick post as i am almost out the door - Sascha slept from 7pm-3.30am and then to 8.30am! It was soo good to catch up on some sleep.

Come back later to catch up

loose is aparently ok hun according to my book

Well dine pm with Sascha

Hollo thanks for making me feel better with the support xxx

Yah my money from kevin rudd came today, now what to spend it on

Ella has been sleeping better, i put her on her tummy now and she is much more settled. She still dosent sleep through the night, oh well!

We had a super day out with my friends and there babies -had a look at baby swings at the shops, holy moly some were $300+ think i will look for one second hand

Hope everybodies bubs are settling down and give us all a good nights sleep!

RazRock Guest

Got an unsettled bub today as well! Helen_au, Hollo and tiggerlinda

Wants to be held and fed all the time, although I think some of the time it is a comfort suck - well, at least he settles, although I do feel like all I have done today is feed and cuddle. He hasn't had many naps either, keeps waking up after about 20mins. He has slept since about 2.15pm today and is still asleep, it is now 5pm, so will see how long he sleeps for - not too long - I want the long sleep at night!

Edison was up every 2 hours last night to feed and took forever to settle, so not sure what is going on - growth spurt or just extra hungry maybe?

Jitterbug - Got loose stools here as well... I heard it was ok too.

Edison seems to grimace in his sleep a bit and also pulls his head and legs into his body whilst he is sleeping, not sure if he has an upset, windy tummy or is doing a poo - which he doesn't seem to like at the moment...

I too wish they could wind themselves Helen_au! Poor little things. I hate seeing him in pain. I tried the sling, but he kept turning himself around in it and couldn't flip back around so I think he might be too little - but I know what you mean about trying to do things during the day - sometimes I find it hard to even pee!

Poppysmum - I want that type of sleep - fantastic! Sascha knew you needed it!

Hope everyones night is a good one.

I'm sorry you're all going through really tough unsettled days too guys, but its encouraging for each of us I'm sure that we're not alone. Susie was unsettled from 8:30 till 11:30 last night, then slept till 4am! fed her and then DH burped and cuddled her till about 5:30 and we all slept till 7, another feed and she settled within half an hour, then we had a couple more hours sleep.

she's asleep atm but thinking she'll prob wake up in the next half hour (or sooner..shes making some grizzles now) or so cause she last fed at 4 this avo. I haven't had any milk/cheese/chocolate at all today and will keep that up for the next couple of days to see if that is causing her upsets!

its been a really lovely day though, she had a bath and was really content in there, then we had half hour nappy free time too cause theres a bit of nappy rash starting to form on her bum so thought we better start doing some daily nappy free time - wondering how we're gonna do it when the weather turns colder?? any suggestions guys?

yay for all of you that have been having good sleeps, thats great! oh there's Susie now! better go! will come back later!

hi girls,
    good to hear about the bubs who are starting to sleep for longer periods. cant say that is happening here yet! :-) some nights i get her in her cot to begin with and she stays ther for a few hours but most of the time i put her down in her cot, get ready for bed myself, jump into bed and little miss wakes up, then she isin with us. kind of frustrating at times, just as you are stretching out in a child free bed and just on the brink of sleep, she is ready to snuggle with us!

she has had a few crying episodes at night too, has woken hannah up which is hard. DH has been staying up quite late with me, i really like the company but i feel guilty cause he does have work the next day!

jitterbug- i just read your birth story! well done! it sounds like a perfect birth experience. you handled the pain so well! (i too dont understand why they gave you the enema AFTER they broke your waters)

big hello to everyon, but must have a clean up while chelsea is asleep and hannah is at day care!

I have just had my peanut shell sling arrive and we went from crying to asleep in 5 mins has been asleep since 11.30 yay!!!!!!!!!!

Linda gotta love those slings, I'm gonna get a Hug-a-bub this time, as after awhile those shoulder slings start to hurt my back.
    Glad Miss C is more settled for you today.

Hollo Cookie slept from 12am till 5am once, but now she is back to waking up every 3-4hrs again, so your not alone.

JB Maybe you ate something that didn't agree with Immy.

Kell Cookie is a tummy sleeper as-well.

Raz Hope Edison is more settled for you today, I would say he is trying to build up your milk supply if he is feeding so frequently.

Mrs C- I put the heater on & give Cookie free time that way & i have a little heater i use in the bathroom to keep it warm for when i bathe the girls.
    Cookie has a really nasty case of nappy rash, that just doesn't want to clear-up.

Helen-Maddi was about 3 months before she could deal with wind better, I guess every bub would be different tho.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast