Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #2

oh shell - hugs to little DJ. poor babies cant tell us what's hurting them.

could you go away w Doni?

trina - sorry but was what sumz did.. i know it wasnt funny cleaning it off the playmat!

Last edited by prama; June 4th, 2008 at 10:44 PM.

I just had such a great sleep. DJ slept from 10:30 til 5:15am this morning then fed for 10 mins and put him back to sleep and woke up at 8:15am for his next feed. I slept for 9 hours all up and I feel great from it I hope he keeps this up kehehehe he is much better after osteo apt, still waiting for him to do a poo though, poor bubbba he didn't do one yesterday and come to think of it I don't think he did one on Tuesday either so I think he may be a little constipated because normally he does one per day.

Prama - can't go with Doni because he will be travelling around a bit once he is up in Cairns by car with one of his colleagues and he will be too busy. At least it is only 3 nights next week, not sure about the following week but definitely don't want to go with him he will be in Wipa - right up the top of Australia haha not much to see around there, all mining town.

Anyway I am going to head for a shower, catching up with a friend for coffee later this morning so need to get myself organised.

Chat soon
    Shell xxxx

Morning girls!

Sorry been away for too long for loads f personals,

Shell- happy belated birthday! glad you had a nice day
    Trina - sorry that your hols were cut short, just in the nick of time i think though judging by the weather... DH and I dont share money as such, seperate accounts etc... but i told him that he needs to give me more money, so we set up a regular transfer of money to my account after he gets paid, that way i dont have to ask for the money.. i agree with Teach - whats mine is his etcs!!!! Hopefully his pay rise comes in and you can pack in the work

weekend wasnt so bad, DH ex is a PITA but i love having DSS around, so aside from the stuffing around it was OK...
    still angry at the situation, you are right prama, it is all about her and it drives me insane, but i guess these are the things that we have to deal with.

Woo hoo Bron on will sleeping so long, try not to worry, its a good think, the only thing i have found is that MJ sleeps less in the day as she sleeps about 11hrs at night... oh and AF comes back!

Noticed a massive change in MJ this week, she is talking back soooo much and giggling, its so great, i was in tears the other day (i was so in love!) it is just magical!
    doing a lot more tummy time, i suggested that we d it at MG meetings too as lotd of us are not doing it as much as we should... MJ is not as good as some of the other babies on her tum, but then she stands better than them, i guess you can develop everything all at once, but making more of an effort to get her on her tummy. I really wanted her to roll before this week as Mum arrived back Monday and Nina got back last night yaay

Anyway, gotta go, missed you all this week, just been so flat out

Shell yours popped up while i was posting - have a good day and yay on the sleep.

TEACH... could you please check out this thread i started, do you have any advice professionally? thanks http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/educ...ml#post1285660
    Last edited by Sammiejane; June 5th, 2008 at 09:01 AM.

SJ - DJ is the same stands better than when on his tummy. He still grizzles heaps when on his tummy. Mind you he is fine when getting his back massage or on our chests but when we put him down on his mat for tummy time he is grizzly. But he stands well so keeping up with that and trying to do more tummy time. I had a wonderful birthday thanks for your well wishes and what great news about Nina and soon your mum coming back as well, that went really quick Bet you are relieved. And I too was crying but with
    such joy when DJ giggles and smiles, it is the best thing!!!

Miss Summy finally had a fairly good sleep... She is soooo snuffly and blocked up though poor little thing. The worst thing about having 4 kids is when one gets sick everyone gets sick and keep passing it back to each other Both DH and I have it too...

Hope you all have a good day xo

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz is also standing well and hates tummy time. She is also interracting with other people and things heaps more now. Like the other day The Wiggles were on Sunrise and the Morning Show. While they were on she was quiet, smiling and kicking away very happily. Before and after they were on she'd been grizzly! After that while I was changing her I put a Wiggles CD on and danced around while she laid there laughing at me. She doesn't really laugh out loud but occasionally excitedly squeels, but I can tell she's laughing without sound coz she'll smile with her whole body and her breathing sort of gets shorter and more frequent during that time, just like a laugh.

SJ, my AF came back a week and a half after I stopped bleeding from giving birth. The first AF was terrible. I've had one since and it only lasted 3 days which is shorter than before I got pregnant. I really can't say if it's from going longer between feeds at night or from the implanon or both. One things for sure and I'm sure this is from the implanon, I don't have any cramping with AF! I'm scared of cramping now, it reminds me of labour!

Hi all.

Daniellabella - That vicks thing sounds interesting, wish I knew 4 weeks ago when Jesse was all blocked up though. He's fine now, but I'll remember next time! I'd use baby balsam though. Should work the same.

I can't believe that day care center! How can like 5 people forget a kid is there? That poor father. I'd freak!
    Bri is hopefully starting pre school next week. I can't wait to have a coupe hours a week with just Jesse. I think I'll be lost without her though. She's 3 today. 7.08 this morning 3 years ago I gave birth to her. Wierd when you think about it like that.

Just a quickie as am off out will do personals later. WIll slept form 8.30 till 6 this morning so yay again except I was awake again at 2 3 and 4 expecting him to wake up. He put on 500 grams htis month and grew..wait for it..8 cm *L* so poor little buggar is probably exhausted from all that growing.Yep on the vicks thing have done it to myself and di ti to WIll when he had his cold it really does help.
    Got to run
    Bron xx

I've done the vicks thing too works well.

I have so much housework to do am running out of reasons not to do it. Best i go do my 6 or so loads of washing....

The other day Matt was talking about his level of nappy changing skills saying he has graduated from beginner to ameture and that I'm an expert. I corrected him and said I'm higher than expert...I'm a mum!

SJ replied to your other thread. Good luck. My sister is a deadbeat mum, my mum has had her first born since she abandoned her at 4 months and now can't cope with having every weekend coz it's too stressful. Welcome to parenthood.

Paddy had his 3mth checkup today 7.22kg 63.5cm h/c44.5(boof head). He's been a bit grizzly during the day and just taking short naps so going to work on training him up to put himself to sleep during the day. Still sleeping well at night 8.30 to 6.30

We had a daycare centre shut down a few years ago for the same thing and then another one for tieing the children up to make them nap. You really have to have a look at daycares carefully, don't you.

I was just sitting here with Jesse on my lap. I had the dummy in the same hand & he slowly reached up & got hold of it. I knew he had worked out how to hit the toy on his rocker & move it, but he took the dummy out of my hand. After alot of grunting coz it was such hard work. The look of concentration was just so cute.
    Now I think he's gonna put himself to sleep. I just put him down & he hasn't made a sound. I dunno what to do. He's only 13 weeks old, but I still feel like he's growing up too fast. I'll just have to waste alot of petrol money going to visit my cousin who I just found out is due to have a baby on Nov 1. I'll annoy her while her bub's little then find someone else. LOL! I'm kidding, that sounds a bit wierd, huh. I can't wait for him to get a bit bigger, but I'm already missing my baby...

skye - that little jesse sounds like a genius in hte making! haha, good on ya, girl!
    xoxox

mumzy - where are you?

Skye: I love that look of concentration. Jazz does it all the time to try and reach for the toys dangling above her on her mobile or play mat. Sometimes she tries to touch my face too.

Teach: 3 month check up? In SA they do one at 2 months and then another at 4 months, 6 months etc. I will have to pop into the Child & Youth Health centre near me to get Jazz weighed & measured. Will try to remember to do that tomorrow.

We pick up the hand and feet sculptures Jazz had done at 5 weeks tomorrow. I'll post a pic of it as soon as I can. I can't wait to get it!

Jazz is starting to put herself to sleep more easily. It's kind of like as soon as she goes into her sleeping bag, she knows it's time to sleep and as long as she's had a feed, she'll just go off to sleep if I put her in the cot, even if she's wide awake when she goes into the cot.

She's had a lot of wind today but has been able to pass it mostly by herself. I gave her some gripe water at 3am and haven't needed to give her any since. She's been laying on her play mat popping away. When she needs to do a poo she has such a look of concentration, then pulls a funny face as if she's thinking "ewwww" and then does a bit of a poo. She'll kind of clench her fists and pull her elbows in and make the face all at the same time. It's so cute!

Just a quick one. I've uploaded a photo of the hand & feet sculpture in my gallary.

danni the frame looks fantastic you must be really pleased with it.

3 nights in a row of sleeping through for WIll yay and he is still having a sleep or two during the day must be a growth spurt I think.

Anybody got anything exciting planned for the long weekend? Not here our back yard is being demolished garage and all ready for my parents to build their new house at the back of the house we are living in. We will be spending quite abit of itme around at grandmas out of the noise and all the dust.

I bought part of my mums 60th birthdy gift today. Hard to find something for everybody who has everything so got her an experience instead. Its 2 all day cooking classes in a local vineyard and a long italian lunch. They get to prepare all ingredients cook up the lunch then match the wines with all the foods then sit amongst the grapes and enjoy. I realy think she will love it.( would love to do it myself) My dad is taking her to Raffles in Singapore for a birthday dinner when they are there in October so have also organised a cooking class at the culinary academy there as a suprise.
    I think experiences wil be my request for gifts now instead of dust collectors for the house *L* although hubby did do well for my birthday buiyng a gold heart charm for around my neck from him and a little boy gold charm from Will..that was pretty special
    ( he usualy forgets)

I bought great mirror from lamaze for Will today I laughed so hard as I realised its the first time he has seen his reflection close up He thought it was brilliant and laughed and cooed for nearly 15 mins looking at himself it was agreat investment.

wow bj sure does sound liek your little man is developng fast. Its scary all the changes they seem to make over night isnt it.

Hey prama what sthe countdown to you holiday it must be soon hope you can log on while you are away.

sj a personal question and you dont have to discuss but is there any chance of you and hubby having dss on apermanat basis so its more stable for him? sorry you are under so much stress form ex.

trina hope you guys are feeling better at your house.

teach the whole day care thing scares me and I have worked in long day care for nealry 20 years I work in a brilliant centre that I would gladly leave WIll in but cant because its against policy and the other centre doesnt cover my hours. WIll prob end up in family day care.
    And as scary as it sounds I can see how it could have happened in the centre..it shouldnt have but can.
    Ask if the children are grouped together at the end of the day and how many staff there are there to cover them all its really important.

Are you girls who are at mothers group continuing on to meet up with the other mums. I got a big hint from the hcn that I would be good at orgnaising the next group. Its the last thing I want to do.it feels like I am at work and I Just want to be the mummy who turns up with her boy and enjoys it..does this sound selfish?I know somebody has to do it but I dont want it to be me.

I just had a guy at the dor..730.pm trying to seel me insulation for the house and then when I Said no he asks me if I am a christian..wth? what has this to do with selling insulation..was not happy jan holding the door open on a cold night for that. I know its his job but sheesh good luck getting any body interested.

Anyway enough blabbing from me hope you and yours are all well
    Bron xx
    Last edited by india44; June 6th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

danni - i go to see the MCN every 2 weeks just to weigh and measure him. he's been better at putting on weight. ive just been worried about his weight gain so i go that often. else i'll go every 4weeks. the nurse is really nice so i enjoy having a chat with her.

bron - that guy sounds so strange! what has insulation and religion got to do with each other? hell?
    i will surely log on at my parents. my brother's tehre at the moment cos his house is being renovated. but i will have easy access during the day while he's at work. will be a bit hard at night as he's doing his MBA part time and has an exam at night so he'll be studying.

our MG mett up yesterday. i 'voluntered' to organise meetings but i didnt mind. but next week we are going to see sex and the city, and another mum is organising that. i think we'll just do it week by week. i think there will only be the 6 of us who'll meet regularly. anyway, someone will have to do the organising while im away so hopefully they will become the permanent one!

yeah, one of the mums' in our grp was going to send her son to the dodgy day care. i didnt bother looking at it cos it's brand new and not yet accredited by NCAC. it's just in the next suburb to us.
    the staff obviously didnt look at the sign out book. the mum rang at 5.40 and no one was there, so obviously they decided to ahve an early day!
    why would they strap a 1 yr old to a bouncer. would they force the kids to sleep by strapping them in?

nothing exciting.. just packing.. so much to do!

Ok going to try and post again, last few days Belly Belly hasn't been posting grrrr so been typing big long posts and they don't post.....

I decided to let DJ sleep through his 3-4am feed because he only feeds for 5 mins in that time and falls asleep and instead of feeding him I just settled him down stroking his head and he fell back to sleep so last night he slept from 9:30pm til 5:45am this morning woohooooooo Sure some of that time was grizzling and I didn't sleep for that entire time but at least we are getting somewhere It will be much easier on me if he continue to sleep through when Doni is away for his work trips as well

Not much else new from my end, just been busy with DJ........ And spending time with hubby. He is away from Tues til Friday next week, which isn't too bad, at least it is only 3 nights......

Prama - you must be on the final countdown for your trip away wooooohoooooo do you think you will be going to Ness' class on Tuesday? I can't remember what day you leave it was 14th or something like that..... call it baby brain, I can hardly remember what day it is...... have fun packing, you must be getting so excited

Sorry I don't have time for more personals, got heaps of stuff to do today

Chat soon
    Shell

PS: here's hoping this post actually goes up.....grrr

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast