Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #5

Default Babies Born March 2008 #5

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in March 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here; http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-4-a.html

Hi girls,

hope all is going well.

am so zonked today. i;m starting get more and more tired. poopy is a pretty good kid, but i just cant shake being so tired.
    sorry for whinging. have a big day out tomorrow to the LC and elsewhere. im just tired of going out and having to pack/unpack, worry about how to feed him etc...

sorry for the whinge

Prama don't forget to get some rest in the day. I have to constantly remind myself that just because I've gotten used to less sleep/managing a little one doesn't mean I don't need a nanna nap! Also maybe some iron tablets or a multi-vitamin.

Danni you'll soon be addicted to cloth nappies. What sort did you buy? I'm finding it quite easy to manage the washing especially now that you don't have to soak them.

I thought Paddy had outgrown his wind but it came back with avengence last night. He sobbed his little heart out and crashed at 10.45pm after lots of farts. Slept till 445am which was good. I bought some Infants friend today and it seems to have worked a treat. I tried infacol but didn't seem to make much difference.

Good night

Had a fairly good night so I feel rested but tired..... getting so many smiles from DJ now, it is sooooo cute, I totally melt Yesterday, I went out for a 35 min walk with DJ and pram which really works you out especially up hills!!! So, going to try go to for a walk again today if I can especially since it is another nice day.

Prama - I am really tired too, but I just have to remind myself to get some sleep when DJ is asleep. Hope all goes well. Let me know how you go. You know after us talking about attachment, now DJ is starting to play up on attaching, by not opening his mouth wide enough.

Teachmum - same with DJ, such a problem with him so when its bad and we can see he is in pain I just give him Donnalix and it seems to settle him down a bit. Looking forward to the 10-12 week mark coz I was told wind should calm down a bit for him. Lets hope.

Question - I have always had engorged breasts when breastfeeding and in the last few days they haven't been engorged at all, just spongey like normal. Is that normal? I just worry that my milk supply is low, but when I squeeze them it does squirt out, so I know it is there. Just wanted to check I was right.....

Hope you are all well.
    Shell xxxx

shell sounds like your milk supply is settling down. Mine are like that through the day (they get engorged when he goes for longer than 3 hours between feeds). It's so much easier to feed when they're not engorged... means much less mess (and no hosepipe nipples). I think Will is a grumpy bum - I get the odd smile here and there but not lots like you are.

prama it's so hard to get motivated to go out when you know how much effort goes into just getting ready! Don't forget to rest when poopy rests. It's easy to just keep going (especially when there is cleanign to be done and not to mention the huge pile of laundry... or is that just me? ) but you need to make sure you look after yourself

Kitty Yes! so much washing. Always some kind of housework to do. It is making me feels bad cos I just can't get on top of it. I guess I'm just not a superwoman!
    Shell My breast are hardly ever engorged, unless it is longer than 4hrs between feeds overnight. I'm sure that DJ would let you know if he was still hungry, but if you are really worried get him weighed to make sure he is still gaining and not losing weight. My mum inadvertently started starving me when I was about 3mths old. She had dried up and had no idea until the MCHN weighed me and said I'd lost weight! We are getting heaps of smiles from Flynn too! Had him round at my parents yesterday and he put on a great "I'm the cutest baby you've ever seen" show. was such a delight!
    Teach Why don't you have to soak the nappies?
    Prama I agree with Teach, maybe try a multivitamin. Know what you mean about all the packing and unpacking, I think I tend to overpack tho!!

Wow, you ladies really weren't kidding about chating lots, it just took me an hour to go through all the posts that I have missed! I think i might have to jump on a little more often!
    Prama- I was just saying to DH thois morning that I was sick of being tired so I know exactly how you feel, as I'm sure most if not all the mums in here do! Hang in there, I'm told it only lasts about 18yrs or so!
    I have a question, does anyone have an easy way to do tummy time? Noah just gets really cranky and kicks his legs instead of trying to use his arms or lift his head. I have tried rolling up a towel and propping him up a little but same thing. In fact he is only content when he is swaddled but I dont want to keep swaddling because this will stop him learning to roll etc. Any suggestions would be good!
    Have a good day!
    *Paula*

Paula, tummy time can be him on your chest if you are on the couch just recline back a little, that is meant to be just as good. Some of my bubs hated tummy time and Summer likes it but not for long usually except after a bath when she is getting a massage, wouldn't it be nice to get a massage...... wishful thinking hey.

I am tired today too, this working out thing kills me by the end of the week. Tried to get my house back in order after school hols today but Summer wanted my undivided attention just as well she is so cute. Went to the gym this morning and all the girls were fussing over her and getting passed around for cuddles.

Don't talk to me about washing!!!!! I am so over it, i don't mind the washing bit it is the folding and putting away. I have done 4 loads today and there is still a substantial pile waiting. Wouldn't it be nice to have a house keeper? for some of the week anyway.

Summer slept for 9 hours last night, woke up at 5 then went back for another 3.5 hours after a feed, but of course hasn't had any more than 20 mins sleep today oh well. She will wake up tonight though it seems to be a pattern sleeping through every few nights. Gotta have one baby out of 4 that is a good sleeper.

Better go, we have a kids fitness program on this afternoon and soccer training.

hi girls,

quick one. another exhausting day. Poopy has been crying a lot.
    The visit to the LC was good. it was a follow up from last week. She noticed that once he latches on, he pulls back and sucks. so he's sucking on the nipple. there's nothing wrong with the way i hold him or attach him which is good news.
    we went to a speech pathologist to make sure there's nothing wrong with him. she was just lovely. there's nothing wrong with him, so im really happy. he just isnt opening his mouth wide enough.
    she suggested giving him some rooting reflex exercises and changing his teat on the bottle, to use the old style ones which are long and narrow and it will get to the back of his mouth and it will get him to open up. the newer ones have short teats which make him suck to the equivalent to my nipple.
    so will see how it goes.

thanks for all your thoughts on my tiredness, the LC said something that I had completely forgotten.
    I have Lupus which makes me tired very easily, and i need to have a long long sleep to get over it which i havent been getting. i just got an hr's nap but that still makes me tired. hope to get a long sleep on the weekend. i will go see my gp if she can recommend something. oh, while i was feeding the speech pathologist said my right nipple which gives me the most grief was whitish, i told her about the white spot. she said it might be vasospasm which would describe the pains im getting, so need to ask GP that too.

re tummy time, Lakshman doesnt like at all when he's on the mat and he doesnt want to lift his head and just kicks. he's better when he's on my chest.
    i asked the lc about this, and she said try on the floor as it;s best and lie down with him (didnt really make him lift his head just now) and if it's on the chest, get as horizontal as poss. and it better if dad does it cos their chest is flat and also cos bub will get confused with our boobies.. whether to play or eat!

bbl

I prefer for my breasts to be engorged so I know how much milk I have..... with them being so floppy type feeling I can't tell how much is there, i can't feel it..... I just tried to feed him and he wasn't getting enough so decided to give him formula which he didn't drink, and still unsettled like he is hungry but tried to express and not getting alot at all. So I am not sure if my milk is settling, I think it is low.... He is still getting wet nappies so I am obviously feeding him enough. I will get him weighed tomorrow to check how his weight is because it has been 3 weeks since his last weigh-in.

Prama - sounds like your LC apt went well. Over the last few days when my boobs have been less engorged, DJ hasn't been opening his mouth wide enough. So, not sure what is going on. Will go to baby clinic tomorrow.

Trina - i know how you feel about washing, all I ever do is wash haha and yes how nice it would be to have a housekeeper haha maybe add it to our wish list for mothers day

Hope you are all well.

Chat soon
    Shell xxx

morning,

Paed appointment went well, Mollys Hips are ok the DR was brutal though and she screamed and screamed, it was awful, especially as she is not a crier at all - he said yep their fine, i am sure they are and then rotated them again after she had settled, i felt like punching him and saying well if they are fne f**k off and leave her alone dont do it again you bully!

Shell - my boobs feel soft all the time, MJ is fussier at the boob too, pulling off and then going back on, i think that it is because she has to work harder as the mlk is not pouring out! she is getting enough though - as long as there is wet nappys DJ should be too.

Tummy time - Molly sticks her bum in t he air, the health nurse pushed her bum down and she started to lift her head, maybe try this, also if she is on the edge of somethng - like our bed or change tableand she can look down she tends to lit her head to look at me (i stand or squat in front of her)

I think everything is catching up with me - since having Molly i have not had one day time nap (i find it difficult to sit down) i dont feel tired in the day, but when i am at mothers group or listen to you guys and i hear that everyone is taking time for themselves feel sad.
    we are up every morning at 7am and i dont really stop, the only time i get a bit of me time is when i hop on here and then i feel guilty.
    Yesterday i was at the factory from 9.30 to 5pm and felt like the worst mummy in the world, Molly was with me and she was fine, but she didnt get enough interaction from me as i was working.
    spoke to DH and i think that we are going to look at getting someone in to do the books so i dont have to be in so much (especially as we are getting busier)
    I feel like i do have to get the place tidy each day and the washing done, and feel really guilty if DH walks in and the place is a mess and there is nothing organised for dinner - he couldnt care less at the state of the house and would be happy with cheese on toast but i would feel like a failure.
    anyway, that was a bit hard to admit i think that i am going to do a few things for myself a it more. Speaking of which i decided yesterday that i would meet up with Jo for a coofee, so i am really looking forward to that tomorrow...
    Sorry guys, i seem to just come on and whinge lately, but it has been a very hard few weeks.

to you SJ, I know what you mean about wanting the house tidy when DH comes home and organizing dinner but sometimes it is impossible to do in my house. Try not to make too much of a habit as my DH expects it now, even when i am working. My first night home from hossy when i had Summer he asked me what's for dinner WTF??? I'm sure your DH is much more understanding than mine. You need some you time, when Molly has a sleep whack on a movie and lay on the couch and if you feel like a nap then go for it but if you don't at least you laid down and had a rest. It is very important as a Mummy to look after yourself cos if you don't you'll find yourself years down the track just burnt out. Feel free to whinge any time hun, you have had a rough trot lately. Can you go have a massage with your sis?? Maybe that would make you feel a little pampered.

I am soooo tired this morning, Dj now sleeping 4 hours so I shouldn't be sooo tired, but I am..... arghhhhh Going to try and get some sleep later today, tried just then to get another hour but the phone kept on ringing arghhhh don't you just hate that?!! Might just have to let it ring next time.... My milk seemed to be better this time.

SJ
    I think I was just so used to them being big and engorged all of the time that I figured it was my milk dissapearing but good to know it is just settling. DJ definitely getting wetter nappies so nothing to be worried about.

Great to hear paed apt went well but how mean of that doctor we have to get DJ's first immunisation next week and I am not looking forward to it because a friend had her little boy done a few weeks back and he wouldn't stop crying at night from it..... arghhh Must buy some childrens panadol. I gave what we had left to them.

You need some time out hun, even if it is just to watch some tv or read a magazine. Get yourself a copy of the latest Practical Parenting mag and get a cup of tea and sit outside if it is nice weather. I find that is the most relaxing thing to do. Nap times are hard, I don't feel like I have a full 1 hour nap because DJ always stirs with his wind while sleeping.... I don't worry about the house anymore.... Our carpet and tiles are filthy as!!! I haven't cleaned them since before our baby shower which was in Feb!!!! Just haven't had time since DJ has been born and hubby been busy as well. We are having friends over on Sunday for his birthday and I told him he needs to give me a hand around the house cleaning the floors and he said he would phew.....

Have a great coffee with Jo tomorrow

arghhh I am soooo tired, having a cuppa now and hoping I might get back for a sleep which I doubt it because DJ due a feed shortly haha

Shell xxx

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I'm heaps tired. Not coz I was up with Jazz, she slept from 11am until 8:30am. I just couldn't get to sleep until after 2am. My mind was racing and DH was snoring so bad. I ended up waking him up to tell him to shut up and I took a zyrtec to help me get to sleep.

I'm thinking about returning to the workforce. My friend has emailed me about a job going at the hospital she works in for an admin reliever position. It's mainly 9-1 but occasionally will be 9-5. I'm partly ready but at the same time, part of me never wants to return to the workforce. The thing with this though is it's a government job so the pay is good and if I'm still there when I have my next bub I'll get paid maternity leave, plus it's also very easy to move around in government once you're already in. But if I apply and get it then it means I might be starting in the next couple of weeks.

Jazz has her 8 week injections tomorrow.

bugger - just typed a whole bunch w one hand and lost it!

sj - dont you feel like rotating the paed's hips over and over again & see how he likes it!!
    i know what you mean about feeling guilty. i feel like im not doing enough or doing it right. he still doesnt want lift his head when he's on the mat, i feel like i havent been doing enough to help raise his head, or i must be doing something wrong. and sometimes i just want to sleep but he doesnt and im trying to get him to sleep so that i can rest. he only does 15, 20 mins naps during the day, and I think my Lupus making me more and more tired.
    pls dont feel bad hun. i know it's easy to say and we all feel the same. i guess we ae all trying our best, to do our best for baby and still fulfill our responsibilities. it can really get to you cant it.
    good idea about putting bub on the sofa/bed, will try that.
    i just got back from hornsby westfields, i sent my car for service nearby and wandered the shops. he slept almost the whole time and only woke up when he was hungry. i should have just gone to the parents room and slept there too.

shell - we got some baby panadol and that helped settle lakshman. he was very brave and didnt cry when he had his needles but was feeling yucky at night. he didnt cry but was very restless, and felt a bit warm. the panadol helped him sleep. i gave him once that night and the next morning and he was heaps better by the next evening.

DH has been promising to vacuum for weeks, i keep reminding him as we put bub on his playmat on the floor and i dont want him breathing in stuff from the carpet. but i'll let him go this weekend as he's feeling fluey, poor hubby.

i saw a Star wars lego set at one of the shops today, was tempted to buy but too expensive and too early. i thinking of getting some cloth books. all these things to do, and i feel guilty for not doing them or reading to him, and am soo tired. i sing and talk to him all the time but at times i have to force myself. im sure he must sense that.
    he;s asleep now.. should do some cleaning up..
    trina - take care

shell - im not the best person abt bf-ing but mine no longer feel engorged even in the morning, tho the LC said i have enough milk. nd she said sometimes they pull back when they have at a lot if milk at the start and need a breather.

Just been to baby clinic and DJ now weighs 5.1kg yipeee so that is 1kg gain in over 3 weeks time which is soooo great. No wonder he is so heavy now. I have him in my sling so I can do stuff around the house and respond on the fourm. He is sooo heavy, I get a sore shoulder

Prama - that is good to hear hoping he will be ok because the only days I can go is thursday and Doni is away in Melb for work so hoping he won't be too bad from it. Might get my mum to come over just in case to stay the night. And thanks for advice with b/f it is so hard to tell if they have enough, you almost wish for x-ray vision in your boobs to see that they have enough in their mouth and belly kehehe Sounds like you had a nice day out at Westfields. I love getting out of the house.

Doni's birthday today so DJ and I gave him a card this morning and going to bake a cake for him. It is also his dad's birthday and he is coming over tonight as well, so that will be nice. Speaking of food I am hungry......

Shell xxxx

*L*@ everybody talking about having the house clean...as I sit here with no dinner ready or the washing put away. Hey you all keep saying we need time to ourselves so I am. Hubby was so sweet though and ran me a bath last night and Isoaked with some trashy mags which was lovely.We seem to have gotten our routine down here at last though I am sure Will will change his mind soon enough. I am still comp feeding 3 feeds a day..well two realy as hubby gives bub his earlly morning feed as he finds it easier than being woken up. So Will has his last feed at about 8 ish is in bed my 9 and wakes up about half 2- 3 ish. Daddy does a feed at 6.30 7 and he moves Wills bassinet back into his room and I roll over and sleep for another hour. It seems to be helping us all with our sleep.Bub is still enjoying booby and I Seem to be producing more as now he doesnt top up everyfeed
    He is growing so much mum and I went shopping to find s ome more grow suits. I have this real thing about babies looking like babies not mini me's or dressed like adults ( its just me no offence to anybody just always been that way) So now he is wearing some 00's which is really scary *L* Have been wanting some all in one suits like wonder suits for just around the house and also bought some tights for those outfits that need feet as he just doesnt manage to keep any socks on.
    He will be weighed next week and also have his needles so I think I will panadol just in case.
    I went out today to the supermarket and a walk through the shops which Will loves but when I got back to the car and all sorted I coudlnt put the dam pram down and havent been able to do it just once I feel like such a fool and end up just lifting it up and putting in the back still up ( thank god we have wagon) I really must practise at home but I have a mental blank when I am out trying to remember everything.Mum happened to pass me on the road and called in on the way home she had a chuckle and thought she better call in an show me how.

Prama hun I understand how your feeling atm though Dont have lupus my auto immune disease is creaping back out of remission ( after diving during pregnancy) my plattletes are low and the tiredness is un real. You have to try rest and listen to your body. As for Lakshman..he wil lfit his head and dostuff in his own time he may do this later and walk super early tyr not to stress or beat yourself up too much. Take it from someone who although has only just had a baby has worked with under 3's for nealry 20 years and the gammet of normal time for milestones is enormous.

Hey guys are you excited about mothers day? FOr most of us it wil be our first are you doing anything special?
    We are going to do a nice lunch with my mum and aunt. Its their first without their mum who passed away in Jan but my first so trying to have anice balance.

OK had better go get dinner ready hubby has to eat I suppose..I could survive on m&m's
    Love Bronxx

hi girls.

just got back from reflexology, SIL gave me a voucher for my birthday. it was lovely wish it could have gone on and one.. my pelvic and uterus points were very sore.
    i came home and Steve told me Poopy did a humoungous poo, it even went out of his BBH nappy and onto the cover! He said it was hilarious!!
    Steve has a cold and im not feeling the best. Poopy was good today and had a 3 hr nap this afternoon, he must have been tired from all the pram pushing i did! i managed a 45min nap. i thought he was going to have a short nap, so i cleaned a little and mopped the kitchen and had lunch. the was still asleep so i had a nap. he started grizzling so i woke up but he was cheeky and went back to sleep for another hr. but it was a good 45min nap.

shell - great to hear on dj's weight gain! you are very brave to look after dj on your own.. not sure if i can manage for so many days. you're fantastic! pmsl at the x-ray! yes, and a gauge would be good too!

bron - sorry you're feeling well it sucks feeling tired, huh. hehe i had pram issues this week as well, ask shell!

yup, getting excited about mother's day. every year, mil, sil, bil, dh and i have a picnic for mil. this year mil and i will be special (sil doesnt have any kids) i bought Mil a nanna mother's day card, Sil a card from her cat(which i have secretly given to bil), and a another mothers day card for sil that's a mother's day card for someone who;s like a mum. Steve's birthday is on the 16th so ive got him a daddy card! i posted my mum's grandma card to day, all written by her grandson (ahem!, he also says on the card that he's very clever that he can write already!)

din din time.. some yummy lamb curry from last night.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast