Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #2

I did respond last night but it didn't go through again grrrrrr

DJ was back to his original sleeping from 9:30 til 2am arghhhhh was a rude shock and couldn't settle him back to sleep so had to feed him for 10 mins and then he settled down back to sleep. Of course then he woke up again around 4am, grizzling until 6am for another feed, then wanted to play so put him in his cot with mobile going so i could get some sleep. Heard him laughing and playing around and then he started to get overtired and wouldn't go back to sleep. So, probably had a solid 4 hours sleep last night arghhh hope he is back to the sleeping through night tonight....... I had him sleeping with me and normally he sleeps really well, but he must have known Doni wasn't in the bed as well. Actually that happened last time as well, he wouldn't settle in bed with me and sleep well and I think he could sense his daddy's smell in bed but no daddy. Poor bubba

Prama - of course you can have some soup kehehee but you have to come and get it. How is Poopy doing after his needles? is he still unsettled? the baby panadol worked well for DJ. I am not looking forward to getting DJ immunised in 3 weeks time eeeek will make sure Doni is in town for it.

SJ - good to see you back on boards, we have missed you.

Skye - no choking on his own drool here, something to look for I guess

Trina - how is Summer's snuffly nose??

anyway girls, I better go and have a shower and get ready for mothers group today. DJ is due to wake up again for a feed in 30 mins so better make it a quick one haha I wonder if I can manage to wash my hair hmmmm

shell xxxx

skye - yeah, i think they can get quite particular but im sure it's cos they want to make sure it's at the right age. but then i would think a day or so doesnt make much difference. we usually get a letter advising us when to go. but we hadnt got it but needed to get his needles. if the immunisation centre refused we would have gone to his GP.
    DH held him and he had 2 nurses giving him needles on his legs.

shell - so sorry to hear dj wasnt settled. maybe he was missing doni.
    enjoy your mothers group, how much longer?

sj - so sorry to hear about DSS's situation. poor kid, he's so young and probably feels he needs to do the right thing by his mum.. i guess not good to get DOCs or anyone involved.

poopy didnt have any panadol last night, and went to bed easily, tho he was a bit fractious. this morning he was more unsettled and didnt feed so well. so i just gave him a little panadol.

im off to our mothers group meeting. we are going to watch sex and the city in mums and bubs cinema. hope we get tix.
    see you all later!

Hey Prama I'm going to the mums and bubs session as well. Not a big follower of sex in the city but I hope it's good.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz slept a bit longer last night. She woke at 12:30 so I put a dummy in her mouth and she fell back to sleep for an hour so I fed her. Then she woke at 4, put the dummy back in her mouth and she slept until 7. She's asleep now and I hope to get at least 30mins nap before she wakes up. I have a couple of things to do first, like hang out washing when it's finished and sort through some clothes which I've put on the bed. I've decided to go through my wardrobe one shelf at a time. Yesterday I pulled stuff out and put it on the bed but didn't get to it so I put it all back in before I went to bed.

I was so upset last night. Matt & I have been talking heaps about me going back to work. I just broke down and said "I don't want to go back to work yet" he reassured me that all the talk about it was not meaning that he wanted me to start looking for work right now, he's just talking about when I do. He's happy for me to wait a few more months. I'm so relieved! I was stressing out a bit!

We have decided though that when I do go back to work we're going to save some money so I can get a certificate 2 in Nail Technology which through the Nail Technician school of SA takes only 6 weeks part time which is 3 nights a week plus some home practice and then I'd be fully qualified to work in a salon or start my own home business.
    Last edited by danniellabella; June 11th, 2008 at 12:54 PM.

hi girls,
    it was nice to go out to the movie, tho im not a big fan of sex and the city. the movie was ok, just like an extended episode.
    i think the 5 of us get along really well, and hopefully we'll become good friends.

danni - glad things are sorted! it will be really good to get your nail tech cert! one day you could have your own business!

off to mil's for din2. cya all later!

Danni working from home might be the best option as working in a salon is crap money and they work you like a slave, i have worked in salons and day spas and it was the hardest most physical and draining job ever i will never go back.... Most places only pay you $15 an hour unless you hire a table in a salon then you either have to pay a % or set fee. Not trying to put you off in any way just giving you my thoughts on salons.

Glad you had a nice time Prama.

Back to the gym tomorrow for a group personal training session haven't been since before i went away, have had sick kids and i've been sick so it's going to be hard plus i start work tomorrow night hope im not too sore.

Feeling cranky and low again, not sure what's going on, everything is hard work at the moment. Never have money and over it. Anyways sorry for the whinge that's why i have been keeping away I think a black cat walked in front of me....

All girls - don't worry. I'm feeling the same. DH hasn't worked for two weeks. No money & running out of everything else.
    Going back to psycologist tomorrow, think DD1 might have ODD (Oppisitional Defiance Disorder).
    On top of all that Jesse just won't settle. This morning we were up at 1am, 4am, 5am, 6am & 7am. I'm so tired & stressed about it all.
    I think thats why I'm so addicted to belly belly. I read about everyone elses problems, give some advice if I can & forget about my own for a while.

trina and skye - sorry you're feeling down. if you need to talk, we are here..

skye sorry to hear about dd1. im just reading about ODD. hope it goes well tomorrow. xoxox

poor poopy has a fever and has been crying a lot this evening which is not like him. he's finally settled after some panadol and has gone to bed.
    i understand now, how heartbreaking it is for a mother when her child is sick.
    going to bed, so tired..
    mil was trying to comfort him and then dh tried, and he was better, then i cuddle him against my bosom and he fell asleep straightaway. it made me feel special that he was comforted by me...
    Last edited by prama; June 11th, 2008 at 10:18 PM.

I wish Jesse would settle. It's 10.20pm. He's on the boob right now. Only fed him about 20 minutes ago. I just want him to go to sleep. BRB.

Yay. 10 minutes up over my shoulder & he's finally out! Hope he sleeps a bit better tonight. He shouldn't be hungry for a while anyway!

One good thing - Bri starts pre school tomorrow!!! Yay! A day without both the girls at home! It'll be quiet. I really can't wait. Might drop them both off then go home & sleep all day.....Sounds so good. I don't think Jesse'll like that idea though.

Skye, it's tough when there is stress hey but it is so much worse when you add lack of sleep in the mix. Hope you had a good sleep it makes you feel a little better. Not sure what ODD is i'll have to look it up (Prama you are so good)

I had better get ready for the gym its gonna hurt.... I have no idea what i am going to wear to work maybe a sack!!!

Allgirls: Thanks for the info about salons. I am planning to work from home/be mobile but just thought to get started doing one or 2 days in a salon could be ok to get more experience. Anyway, probably wont be doing the course for a while yet, will have to go back to admin work to save the money first unless $2000 magically falls from the sky.

Jazz has discovered how to kick the dangly toys on her playmat, it's cute! I'm thinking about getting her a Jolly Jumper soon coz she loves to stand up and is starting to jump while she's standing. Apparently it's really good for leg muscles and some kids start walking quicker when they've been exposed to the JJ from an early age.

OMG OMG OMG. I'm lost!

Jesse went to sleep around 10.30 last night & slept til 4.30 this morning. Then til 7.20. Then again til9.
    Bri is at Daycare, her first day & Jaz is at school. I got so much to do, but it's so quiet. I don't wanna. I just wanna sit & stare all day with no play school or winging in the background.
    Again....It's so quiet!!!

skye - lol! what did you do then? have a nice long shower, wash your hair! it gets a bit strange with it's really quiet isnt it.

trina - hope you have a good day at work. hopefully those strange women dont come back.. at the one that used to take her bra off!

danni - the mcn during our mg told us that jolly jumpers arent very safe cos they are hooked to the ceiling and can potentially come off and hit bub or bub could be thrown off. also they said bubs will bounce on their tip toes and that's not good for when they want to walk.. just some fyi.

All pretty good here, considering Doni still away for work. Last night DJ slept from 10 til 3am and I just put his dummy in his mouth and fell back to sleep then started grizzling so just let him grizzle on and off until 5am then fed him and he woke back up at 8:30 for his feed so that was good He has been pretty good today. Used my baby bjorn carrier today and found it worked really well so I could do heaps of things but found it hurt my shoulders and he wouldn't fall asleep as I thought he would..... so that wasn't a good thing doh!!! He hasn't had a good sleep today so hoping that will mean he will sleep well tonight kehehee

Skye - that is fantastic - you have to love it when that happens. I remember the first long sleep that DJ had during the day I was like OMG what do I do with myself....I felt lost as well haha

Prama - the final countdown!!!! You must be soooo excited. Are you all packed now? How has Poopy recovered from his immunisation? All ok now?

Trina - hope today goes well for you and your personal training session as well. I feel better after doing some exercise

Well think I might make my cuppa and get ready to feed DJ and watch Bold and Beautiful kehehe My mum is coming over at 6pm so that will be nice

shell xxxx

hi shell - poopy was fractious yesterday but then developed a fever last night. gave him some panadol, tho he spat it out he settled a little.
    and he has been clingy and fractious all day. no giggles or big smiles. he had a bit of temperature and had a little sleep. and has been crying most of the day. poor baby. i miss his happy self. it's so heartbreaking to see him sick. i just cry with him.. my poor poopy.

doni comes home tomorrow doesnt he? enjoy your time with your mum.. you'll be able to rest a little.
    poopy's actually sitting in his bouncer now, he wanted to be held all day. he's trying to play with his rings but i can tell he's trying but the fever's bothering him..

Thanks Prama. There is so much conflicting information about the jumpers. I know you can get stands for them rather than attaching them to the door frame or ceiling.

I went clothes shopping today, felt so good. My sister came along and looked after Jazz while I tried stuff on. She has free tickets to a cinima so we are going to the mums & bubs session to see sex & the city on Thursday (unless my sister has to work, she does temp work).

DH is quitting his job tomorrow and going to full time taxi driving at nights (5 nights a week). When he's not sleeping during the day he'll be able to look after Jazz if I need to go out. This does mean that I may have to go back to work in a month or 2 but will try to stretch it out until Jazz is 6 months. I think I'll just do temping to save some money for the course. I figure there is no point getting a perm job if I'm gonna quit as soon as I do the nail technician course, doesnt seem fair to an employer to quit after a few weeks.

Quick question for those who are still BF almost all the time: Do you find that you're hungry all the time, or not so much hungry, just feel like snacking heaps?

BF full time and I don't find I'm hungry much but I will snack if there's crap in the house.

Jolly jumpers are great. Never had one fall even with a toddler pushing it like a swing. Like most things everything is good in moderation and SUPERVISION.

I enjoyed the m&b session. It was great to be able to go to the movies again. Thoroughly enjoyed Sex in the city even though I didn't really watch the series.

Had our first official playgroup today. It was fun even though we were all a bit lost because babies don't do much. Good to get out and chat though.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast