Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Has any one noticed winges have changed? When Jesse's bored he doesn't have the baby winge any more. His mouth is moving more or something. His bored winge is starting to make mumumum & bububub sounds. I can't wait til he's bored now! I love hearing it.
    If he winges for any other reason he doesn't do it though.

Anyway. Its late. I better get to bed. Gotta start getting more sleep.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Well Jazz slept from 8:45pm until 5:20am this morning. Matt got up at 4:30 to check on her. When she woke up I figured it was near enough to 6am which is what I had my alarm set for and my boobs were really full so I had to feed her. She's back in bed now. At 6:30 I'll start getting ready and get Matt up to help. We are dropping her off at day care together and then Matt is taking me to work because our other car broke down (again) so he needs the car to get parts etc.

Oh poor jesse hope he is ok.

Good luck Danni typical they sleep when DH going to look after them through the night.

DH probably home wed not sure when i have asked him about4 times in the last few days.

I have found a horse pick him up Friday, he is monstrous going to take some work to get going with what i want to do but i loved everything about him so hopefully he will be easily trainable will have to get some pics of my two boys together.

Hope you are all well

Trina xoxox

Skye - could he be teething? dont they pull at ears when their gums hurt? hope he is OK and you managed to get a sleep.

Shell - MJ has just finished a growth spurt, she needed an extra feed and seemed to be at the boob for longer... hard to gauge amounts though

Those that give their bubs EBM - how much in one feed???? dont know how much to leave for Mum on Thursdays,
    Although i dont have to worry about that for another 4 weeks as they are going up the east coast as we speak, so MJ will be coming to work with me for the next 4 weeks - a bit harder on me

What is farex???
    to those that have started feeding the nurses were telling us that you should introduce feeds in the mornings only to start with, as if they have a reaction, you are more likely to pick it up, plus business hours are better to get help.

I am going to start MJ on Pumpkin that i cook when she is 51/2-6mths old... not keen on buying things cos of the sulfur that us added, but if you havent worked it out yet , i prefer to do things the 'old fashioned' way (cloth nappies etc) not that i think that what you are doing is wrong, just my choice iykwim

Have a great day Danni - hope all goes well

Trina - good luck with the horse

Good luck back in the real world Danni. Hope your baby brain kicks in.

SJ Farex is a brand of rice cereal. It's great for the first food because it is bland and very few babies have reactions to it. You can mix it with vegies to thin them out. I am planning to introduce the blander vegies first like potato and carrot then I'll go pumpkin. With DS1 I had to buy the pureed vegies because he would gag but I checked the label and all they contained was the vegetable. It took ages for him to handle food with lumps.

My babies gone. I feel lost. SIL took him for the day. I don't think I'll last the day. A few hours maybe. They've been gone all of 20 minutes & I feel like I'm going to go mad. I miss him.
    There's no baby on my boob, no baby in my arms, no baby in the rocker, no baby on the lounge, no baby in my bed.....There's no baby!! I feel empty. Lost.
    I was never this attached to my other 2. I was, but I didn't find it this hard when I left them somewhere.
    I want my baby back!!!
    I'm gonna go enjoy a shower I guess. Well I'll have a shower. I dunno if I'll be able to enjoy it with no baby.
    Right. I need to get over it. I'm not going to, but the girls & I are going to walk down for a milkshake. They are getting impatient, so I guess I better go.
    hmmmmmmmm..............

Skye, as soon as he is back you will need to go to the toilet and he will cry lol!!!! Enjoy your hower

Teach - is pumpkin after because of the sweetness like fruit? better to introduce the less flavourful first? thanks for the farx infor our CMHN told us that rice cereal is now going our of fashion as it has increased iron and if the baby is still recieving BM or enough FF they can get bound up... so many opinions... in def going to the starting solids lecture !!!

there's a thread on the type of solids, i'll go check it out.

mum said traditionally they cook some rice with lentils and then when it's really really soft, give a little to bub. she said as the first food, it helps w digestion.
    Im going to try as much as poss to make my own, but will buy some for those emergency moments.
    I'll make a batch and freeze it in ice cube trays.

skye - he'll be back soon!!! xoxoxo

poopy's 5mths!!! yaay!

is it correct that you dotn have to sterilise bottles once they are 6mths?

Prama - Apparently you don't really have to sterilise at all any more. Just soapy hot water. I still do though. I think it is 6 months when you can stop. I think I sterilised Jaz's things til she was around 11 months & Bri's til around 8 months. That was before I found out you could stop at 6 months.

Jesse's back where he belongs. It was only 2 hours, but it felt so wrong. It did make me realise I'm gonna have to loosen up a little bit though. I was standing in the shower seeing myself in 3 years time still not wanting him to go anywhere without me. Sad. Then a teenager & still not wanting to let go of him. Thats when I told myself I'm just gonna have to do it. I'll have to send him over there more often I guess, so we both get used to it.

SJ - at least if he cries when I go to the loo I can pretend its coz he misses me. He went so happily this morning. Big grins at his aunty. Wasn't too worried about me

I was told sterilising wasn't necessary at all these days just washed in hot soapy water and rinsed well, but like everything else there is 1000 different opinions, no wonder it is confusing the first time around.

Bought a highchair off ebay only paid for it yesterday and it arrived this morning, Summy loves sitting in it, up nice and high and it has wheels so i can move her around. Pretty impressed with it.

Summy wont have a nap she is being grumpy bum of course until she is picked up then it's all smiles. Better go so much to do just couldn't be bothered.

Trina - I'm going to get Jesse a high chair next week. There's one at the chemist here now, but she doesn't want to sell it to me coz she thinks its not worth the $190 they want for it, so she's ordering in a $70 one for me to check out. I really like the more expensive one, but I have to agree with her. I might have a look on ebay.
    I've decided not to worry about a jolly jumper too. I think I'll just get a walker. There's one at Toyworld called a Rock n Roll walker. It has different settings & you can lock it so they just sit & play. I think it'll get alot more use.
    I'm going to attempt making pumpkin soup. Yum. Hope it comes out as good as mums!

Afternoon girls,

Hope you are all well. I am good and DJ is good. Better today but still going for his gums so I do think there is a tooth coming through..... fun times ahead....haha

Sterilising bottles - omg that is music to my ears that I don't have to sterilise bottles after 6 months Yeeeehaaaaah

Rice cereal - I tried it once with DJ and he didn't like it, I think it was still a bit lumpy for him even though I kept mixing it more and more haha but veges and fruit might be the way to go. They say to go with veges first..... then something like pear.

Trina - oh you lucky thing on the high chair. I have been watching a few on ebay but haven't been lucky enough to win one on auction. I was told by a friend to get one that adjusts at different heights so they can be part of the table etc. so been researching and researching..... better get one soon though....

Skye - I am like that as well, but as long as I am occupied I find that it isn't as hard..... The other night we were out and I couldn't wait to get home. I missed DJ so much.

Prama - yeah my boobs have stopped lactating now, well only if I squeeze them I get something out, but no more squirting, no more engorgement wooohoooo all good. I feel like myself again. Best decision I ever made.

SJ - yeah I think yesterday was a growth spurt, much better today, still eating alot more but I think he is just a growing boy. Hubby put him on the scales last night and he was 7kg but that was with clothes, so he must be 6.8kg without clothes.... and yeah I agree on the pumpkin. I plan on making my own baby food also, so much better for him. I have the freezer cube thingies and will just get some jars etc for emergencies....

Anyway girls, I better get going. Need to check on my soup simmering away. Doni is away for 2 nights this week so I find soup is just easier when I am on my own. We are both just counting down the weeks before we go up north for a week. Can't wait!!!!

Shell xxxx

quick one, will coem back for more personals

sj - i was told to start solids at around lunch time, not the first feed but second or third.

shell - where did you buy those freezer thingies? are they specially for baby food?

I got them as a gift just like ice-cube trays but for baby food with lids..... I saw them in Babies Galore

I;ve got some of those trays too. Do they have lids? I haven't even opened mine yet. Mine were given to me too. Guess I better open them & have a look.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I think I've only sterilized twice. Now I have the dishwasher and wash everything on a hot setting. I've actually found that Jazz has been fairly healthy compared with my friends baby who is a month older and has everything sterilized. Must have something to do with better amunity.

I'm exhausted from information overload today at work! Tomorrow I'll be left to my own devices for much of the day so I should start getting the hang of things. I also found out they are quite relaxed with all times and it all works on a flexi time system. So, I'm allowed anywhere between 30mins and 2 hours for lunch as well as a couple of paid 15 min breaks. (ah the joys of working in government!). I guess the bonus of 2 hour lunch would be if I wanted to go to the uni hairdresser or to the shopping centre down the road or something.

I only had to express once today. I'm finding that I feel full at about 10, then at lunch, then about 4. I can skip the 10am express without problem, have to express at lunch time, then I hold off on the 4pm until I pick Jazz up about 1.5 hours later - then I BF.

She's just fallen asleep on my lap. It's only 7:30 but I feel like I could go to bed too. But I have to get things ready for daycare and finish all my employment forms.

I can say this about returning to work: It's nice to have structure again!

danni - your hot setting i think would sterlise anyway, i think it's the same as microwave strelisers.
    hope you get a good rest, it's going to be a tiring week

shell - thanks, i looked up the cubes and they are called baby cubes, the 10pieces of 35ml are abt $15 and 8 pieces of 75ml are about $16 i think. I'll get a set and also those plastic microwave steamers from wollies called starmaid to steam food.
    i forgot to answer your question - things are ok at home, parents arent arguing as much with poopy around, he's making everyone happy.
    do your boobs feel lighter after stopping bf, mine feel like tehy are 1 kg each sometimes!

skye - just fyi - we were told in our mtohers group not to get walkers cos there are so many accidents from it and it doesnt really help w bub's development cos he doesnt use his body weight to walk. just thot i'd share that.

i just found out my penpal from years ago from finland got divorced, she's been divorced for 3 years and was tough on her. no wonder i had hardly heard from her. im really sad cos she was so in love and exciting, i remember all her wedding pix. so sad that he met someone else.
    I've known her for about 21yrs. hehe skye - that's almost all your life!

Prama - yeah they are so much lighter, I still fit into my maternity bras, plan to get a bra fitting in next few weeks so I can wear some good underwire bras again. I don't fit into my normal bras at the moment. My boobs are just now floppy, droopy and have stretch marks..... arghhh used to be so perky now they droop. I suppose that is what breastfeeding does to them....

Last night DJ was all clingy and felt really warm and clamy - no fever but really was getting into that gum of his so I think there is a tooth coming through for sure now. He was crying for no reason last night but managed to sleep like normal, mind you woke up a few times grizzling and waking up which is unusual for him because he normally just sleeps right through. Definitely think he is starting to teeth. I better get him one of those teething rings keheheee

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast