Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Just so you know. If you do buy the jars of baby food, you can wash them up & reuse them. Thats how I used to do it. I used to have 6 - 8 jars in the freezer.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Thanks everyone for your info about solids.

Jazz wasn't interested in eating last night. I wanted to wait until we were having dinner so she could eat at the same time and start learning about family meal time. But she got too tired and all she wanted was a bottle. I might try giving her about 50ml of bottle to satisfy for a short time before I give her food coz I really want her to eat at the same time as us.

I didn't BF at all last night or this morning. I'm feeling fine, not really feeling full at all. I'll see how I go today. I may need to express later. I haven't BF since yesterday at 6am so it's been more than 24 hours and I'm doing fine. Maybe it's over now. (could be time to treat myself to some sexy bras. Matt said he wants to come with me when I go shopping for them and pick out something nice).

Hi danni - in all the info that i have read, regardless of whether you are going to start the mushed food or the harder stuff, you should give you baby a full feed first and then let them pick at the food.
    This way they get to cntrol the milk and fluid they get.
    HTH

MJ has a cold this morning, her uncle gave it to her and he feels sooo bad.
    Was awake at midnight and again at 4am - took an hour at 4 to get her off.
    She is sleeping now, got a health visit today so will get her weighed and measured.
    Going to tell her about her hips and leg and see what she thinks

have a good one every one.

Trina - all ok?

Brn - how are you? havent heard from you in a while, your Mum and Dad back yet

I'm ok thanks SJ xoxox

I am so cold today can't warm up.... Had a bath but ran out of hot water Have Tahnie home today had Paige home yesterday can't wait for warmer weather.

Hope everyone is having a good day

I hope MJ gets better quick

Jazz's cough is getting even worse and she's dry reaching when she has a coughing fit! Her "voice" is sounding horse now too.

Her and Matt are off to the doctor again tomorrow.

Oh, and today I feel like I'm getting the cough too! (great!)

sj - hope appt goes well. what can or is there anything needed to be done for mj's hips?

trina - hope your feeling better

shell - lol so much for food going well. poopy didnt like his rice+lentils+tomato.
    maybe cos he had pumpkin the last couple of days and this wasnt sweet.
    thats why, i suppose, they say give vegies first then introduce fruits cos if they get use to sweet stuff they wont want blander stuff.
    i just realised that i have training on the tues i come back and paed appt the tues after. which brings us into sept. does that mean i wont see you at all, cos you start work in sept, dont u.

danni - how's the feedign going.. hope you dont get sick eitehr. xoxo

he's also been restless today. kid woke up at 2am and finally went to sleep at 4.30. i was so tired and upset. i rang steve at 4.30(6.30 sydney time). each time i put he down, he'd wake up w a big smile. he ahd 2 bopb feeds aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post
    danni - how's the feedign going.. hope you dont get sick eitehr. xoxo
    Do you mean BF? I haven't BF or expressed since 6am on 5th August. My work day is almost finished and I'm not feeling sore at all. When I get home I might just see if there is anything in there. I haven't leaked, my breastpads don't feel full when I change them. I really think my BF days are over (Until the next bub in a few years).

Jazz is having approx 4 hourly FF during the day so our family day care lady tells me and I've read in her daycare books that during the day she often has 2 sleeps for 1-2 hours each now. I do wonder if I mess up her daily routine during the weekends. It's hard to know now coz I only spend 2 full days with her a week so she's kind of used to doing things a certain way at day care. I don't mind that, I just have to get to know her daytime routine. It's really helpful that the family day care lady writes a detailed journal about her day.

It is so detailed that it goes like this:
    8:40 - drank 200ml of bottle in 10mins then played on floor until 9:30. 9:45 changed wet nappy & put vicks on, 10:00, did leg, arm & head exercises, 11:00 fell asleep in my arms - put her in cot, woke at 1:00...etc
    so I get a really, really good idea of what happens in the day. I wish they had time to be that detailed at the daycare centre.

Prama - oh bugger on the food I just pureed some sweet potato and put in the freezer thought I would make a start ready for DJ. I go back to work on 2 Sept so yeah I won't be going to Ness' classes when I go back, but Ness said once the weather gets warmer she will start up another class so I might join in on that one, providing it is a Monday or Wednesday.

Heading over to my sis-in-laws place tonight, Doni away in Wagga so she invited me over for dinner. DJ will be in heaven - lots of cuddles from his aunty, uncle and cousins.

Well better get organised coz he will wake up soon.

Shell xxxx

i worte a long reply and my pc restarted!!!! aaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGTHHHHHHHHH

danni - jazz is a good girl!! 200ml in 10 mins. lakshman takes forever to even drink 180.

shell - bugger. waht days do you work?
    i just tried to put him to sleep and he keeps waking up and wanting to play when he's in the cot. pick him up and he falls asleep in my arms but is bright eyed and bushy tailed as soon as i put him down.
    this is what happens at night!!!
    arrgghhhh

Hi guys. How are we all?

I am in so much pain! Anth lost the car keys, so I had to walk the girls to dancing. Its only 3 or 4 blocks, but coz I've still got pelvic problems from having Jesse it hurts so much. I am seeing a physio soon & she told me not to do any exercise til I've seen her, but as hard as I try I just can't do nothing. Just doing the washing up & hanging a load of clothes on the line hurts. & I've still got the rest of the house to clean.

Hey girls,

Hope all of you are well. I haven't heard from my husband in a few hours, he tried to call me around 6'ish and I was at his brothers place for dinner so missed the call and tried to call back but no answer, and still no answer..... hmmmm hope it is just a trade show that he is at.... He is travelling by car and I always worry when he is driving around the country. I won't be able to sleep until I hear from him.

Prama - I will be working Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays. Oh no on the sleep routine for Poopy.... Hope he sleeps better for you.

Skye - hope your pelvic problems improve and you aren't in so much pain.

Well girls, I am off to watch some tv and hope that my hubby calls me soon.

Shell xxx

Just got the call from hubby all good..... he was busy with presentations to customers.... arghhhhh I told him I was worried. He has a trade show tomorrow night so at least I know I won't get much contact.

Glad he called Shell. My darn DH went over to my brothers at about 9.30 this morning to help him put up a fence & I still haven't seen him! I have spoken to him a few times though.

My pelvis is feeling ok for now, but in the morning when I wake up it'll be really burning pain, right in my pubic bone. Its always like that the day after I do too much. It's better than being pregnant though. I was crying in pain at the end of every day then. It started at 5 months & just got worse. I was waking up at 5 months just to roll over. Not fun.
    If I do too much walking I waddle too. I don't know how noticeable it is to others, but I can tell the difference. Thats so sad. I never got the waddle with the girls.
    The first time I get it & it doesn't go away. Do you know how wierd I feel waddling when I'm not preggers??

shell - so glad doni's ok! it's always a worry when they are on the road.

skey - you poor thing, go see a physio or chiro. you've been suffering for a while.

poopy's gone to bed, went to sleep really fast, so i expect he will wake up 2is or so! aarrrgh

Prama - I'm on a waiting list for the local physio. I was told not to do exercise til I see her, but thats impossible. I'm going as public coz its free to see her, but I have to wait about 3 weeks. I could go as private & pay, but Anthony isn't working atm.

Yep sj folks are back lots going on

Skye, Hope your pelvic problem is fixed soon.

Matt said yesterday that as soon as both he and Jazz are better he wants to drop one day at the child care centre and have her. For the fortnight it ended up costing us about $75 for 5 days at the child care centre and only $9.05 for 5 days at family day care...huge difference which is why he wants to drop down to one day at the centre.

I was telling my friends about how we are starting to teach Jazz to say mum and dad and one of my friends whose youngest daughter is 1 month older than Jazz said "sounds like you are in a hurry for her to grow up" I couldn't believe she said that. I said that I'm not in a hurry, I'm just following her lead and when she shows she's ready for something I'll start doing it whether it's earlier than "normal" or not.

Thanks girls, I always worry about Doni when he is on the road. I am pretty good today, DJ had a good sleep still teething and no sign of a tooth yet, but my mum said my brother went through the same thing for several months before his first tooth came through. I got some dribble bibs yesterday so hopefully I won't be going through as many bibs each day haha

Skye - the things our bodies go through from pregnancy..... My knees, ankles back, neck and shoulders are just stuffed..... Well my knees and ankles are more so and I have found it ever since DJ was born. arghhhhhh hurts so much and i feel like and old woman walking around the house.... Hope the physio can make you feel better so you aren't in so much pain in your pelvis.

Prama - sending Poopy some sleeping dust from DJ he is now back to waking at 5:30am which is great and then back to sleep and didn't wake up until 8:45am haha so I had a great sleep.

Danni - that is a huge difference indeed, wow!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast