Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Everything OK Trina??
    Hope you can get it out soon & feel better.

Jesse slept heaps better last night. He still woke every 2 - 3 hours, but only fed & slept again. & he's still asleep now. Poor baby's catching up I think.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz's cough is getting worse. Matt's going to take himself and her to the doctor this afternoon coz they are both barking terribly.
    She does keep making her excited "fire engine" squeels. Very cute!
    She went to bed at 8pm last night like normal, but then I heard her wake up at 12:30 just after Matt came to bed. He said she woke up at about 11pm and had been fussing ever since. She refused the bottle at 11pm but took it when he got up to her at 12:30. Then she woke herself up coughing at 5am. He got up and cuddled her for an hour, he didn't want to feed her coz he knew I'd want to breast feed her. He came in at 6am and woke me up to feed her.

All girls, your post just popped up. Hope everything is ok. Thinking of you. Hugs.

Danni - I just watched that video of Jazz. She's so funny!! & so cute.
    She sounds like a mouse squeaking away!

I went to the gym then went to the horse and just got kicked and trampled it winded me really bad not sure what damage is done still in shock, he got me in the right boob, ribs, hip and tummy just had a shower now going to lay down in front of the telly geez what a great day so far...

oh trina sweetie, hope you are ok.
    if you need to vent, just vent in anyway. thinking of you. xoxoxxoox

danni - hope jazz will be ok. xoxox. poor baby

skye - how's jesse today?

shell - was it cold up at the mountains?

just fed poopy pumpkin and tofu, he seemed to like it. i put his narrow spoon against his top gum and leave it for a few seconds and hten slide it out. he seems to be able to swallow it and not spit out.

poopy rolled over in his sleep and slept on his tummy half the ngiht. he was ok, he slept with his cheek against the matress. so im not as worried now. once we get back, i'll start using his sleeping bag.

gotta run xoxox

trina your post just came up.
    are you going to see a doctor. oh, honey it's not fair. you were already feeling yucky. im so sorry

Trina - r u OK? Do you think you should see a doc or will you be alright?
    I really hope you day gets better. Let us know how your going OK?

Hi girls,

We had a lovely afternoon in the mountains yesterday with our friends. It was really warm in the sun. DJ was great and didn't winge at all. He loved being outside in the sun. We are going up to see them again on Friday so Doni can do some electrical work for them and they are cooking us dinner.

Trina - life changing - hope all is ok with you and hope you feel better after the horse kicked you.

Prama - thats great on the pumpkin and tofu. When Steve sees him again he will fully be on solids

Everyone else, hope all is good, sorry it is a short one....

Shell xxx

Matt got antibiotics for his cough/virus thing but coz jazz is so young she can't have any. Hopefully though if Matt gets better that will give Jazz a better chance at fighting the virus. She's generally happy, just with a bad cough.

Tonight she was really eating her food rather than playing with it. She ate all her veggies and wanted more so I gave her pured apples. At first she made a face coz it was different to what she's had, she quickly decided she liked it and ate most of that too.

Danni - thats strange? Jesse's on Amoxil antibiotics.
    I think Bri had them for the first time at about 8 weeks old. Jazz should be able to have them.

Hi guys,

FYI antibiotics dont work against virus's, only bacterial infections.
    It is possible that Matt has a bacterial chest infection hense the anti's, but Jazz has a cold which is Viral and the antis wont work with them... even though they may look like they both have the same infection, it could be different.

Also babies at this age cough a lot due to their dribble, they dont manage it as well as we do and therefore they cough a lot more as it trickles down the back of their throats...

Has anyone looked into Baby led solids? I am thinking of heading down this path instead of the mashed/puree foods. think that it is more the way i would like to do things.

Trina hope you are OK

Hi everyone else

Sorry its a short one.
    feeling tired and run down
    Osteo with MJ tomorrow

I am ok everyone thanks xoxox got kicked in the boobie not sure if that can damage milk ducts??? anyone know?? as well as ribs stomach etc i was so upset esp after having other dramas just before it all. Was very upset that this horse is SUPER quiet and the kids walk around him all the time and it was just a freak thing that frightened him and if it was them it would have done some major damage cos he is so big.

Might be asking the obvious but what is baby led solids SJ? sounds interesting.

Jazz would be allowed anti's if needed might be viral like sj said.

Summer's teeth are clearly visible now they are very very cute, still bothering her as they have to push all the way up so still lots of dribble, chewing and red cheeks, luckily no sore bottom and/or the runs

I'm off to clean the house seems to be a nightly ritual i have at the mo.... gets it all done when all are in bed and it's quiet.

Trina - glad your feeling better.
    Have no idea if that could've done something to your milk or not.
    Hope those teeth come through soon.

Danni - yeah thats true about the viral/bacterial thing. Antibiotics only work if its bacterial.

SJ - I'm with Trina. What are baby led solids??
    Hope things go well tomorrow.

Shell - Soulds like you had a really good weekend. Lucky you!

Prama - Jesse is feeling heaps better. Thanks. Hopefully his sleep will be better tonight too.

Yeah, it's viral so antibiotics wont work. Matt said that the doctor said that it looks/sounds like they both have the same thing, but there has been no research on suitable treatments for babies hense why Matt got prescribed something and Jazz didn't. I ended up ringing the parent helpline to find out if there is anything they could suggest to help relieve her sore throat but they just suggested all the things I'm doing: panadol, vaporizer, very small amounts of cough medicine. I'm happy she can have the medicine. it's not recommended for children under 12 months, but the pharmisist and doctor at work looked into it and said that it would be fine to give her 0.3ml twice a day. I give it first thing in the morning and just before bed. There is a bit of alcohol in it which I guess helps her sleep so I don't mind that.

They both have to go back to the doctor on Thursday.
    While Matt's still feeling bad, I'm gonna try doing the overnighters even though I have work in the morning. Shouldn't be too bad though. Apart from last night, she sleeps all night anyway. Ah well, I've started drinking coffee almost every day since I've started working. I used to only drink it every few months.

hmmmm.. the suspense thickens.. what is baby led solids?

trina - do get some rest.. did you go see a doctor? is summy chewing on teething rings etc?

danni - when lakshman was sick and the paed said eh had viral infection, she gave him some anti-histamines, but still said it would take abty 10 days to get better.

poopy did a pumpkin poo just now.. eeeewwwwww

oh yes, danni - he also got a cough mixture, which helped.

OK -I think that maybe it sounds more exciting than you think

im not an expert as i have only just started to read into it - but from what i can understand, basically you give you baby more soild foods in fingers. they learn to chew straight away and eat the same veggies and fruit that you would.
    They also feed themselves, as aposed to us feeding them - the thought is that they will not put in their mouth what they are not ready for.
    Also there is evidence that they become less fuss eaters and regulate their nutrient intake better as they crave and chose foods that they need.
    Here is a link to one of the sites that i have been reading up on.

What is baby-led weaning?

There is more info, that can be found by googling it Also there are a couple of threads on here that have been started.

Let me know what you all think

SJ - Thats really interesting. I think I'll look more into it.
    I think I was giving vegemite toast to the girls by about 6 months, but they were having pureed foods too.Maybe I'll put him in his walker tomorrow & put a bit of mash on the tray, just to see how he goes. I won't try finger foods til he's over 6 months though.
    It sounds easier too. Instead of cooking, mashing & feeding them, he could have pretty much the same as us & feed himself - even if he doesn't eat much yet.
    I'm definetely going to give it a go.

Morning

Anyone else found that your bubs ahve started waking at night?
    MJ wakes at around 2am EVERY night now for a feed, sometimes if she doesnt make it, it is 12am AND 6am ahhhhh it was better when she was newborn. To start with i thought that maybe is was the one off, but it hs continued for more than a week now and she is genuinly hungry at that time.
    I hope solid introduction will help, but i am not hopeful

Off to MG and Osteo today... will let you know how i go

Trina - dont know about the milk ducts and the injury, but if you find feeding painful or notice any blood go see a DR immediatly
    I hope you are feeling better now, you must be so sore

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast