Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #7

Fi, Just a question, Did Jenna seem to be awake during this yet unresponsive or was she alert?? The only reason I ask this is because at around the same age my little brother started to have night terrorrs where he would seem like he was awake but was infact asleep and having these terrors. If that is what it was the only thing you can really do is sit ith her through out it. Otherwise goodluck on finding out what it is...

Oh yeah and on the spew, it was chunky But not nearly as bad as the one that followed.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh gosh, Fi. Poor Jenna! How scary that must have been... and what a mystery?? Maybe Trish is on to something with night terrors?? Poor little chicken. Hope that she has a better night tonight.
    How did your appointment go? How are you feeling? I guess I'll see you tomorrow and you can fill me in then, hey? LOL
    LOL @ shift workers often being fat. I think Neil will be someone more inclined to keep busy and do constructive stuff, like you said. He hates sitting around and prefers to keep busy. He is hopeless if he's on holidays for longer than a week... if he doesn't have a purpose, he feels lost. He's the complete opposite to lazy-bum me, LOL.
    It is great having family around to help. Just had my sister and her BF over for dinner. I had a beef casserole cooking in the SC (still making big meals so I can freeze some for Neil) so I figured some company wouldn't go astray. I will miss them when we move.... it's gonna be tough! Esp. when we all get sick. Mum won't be able to just pop over and look after us.

Trish - I guess it would have taken a bit of getting used to sharing again once you and Mark moved in together. I guess there are some positives to single parenting, hey? Must get lonely at times tho.

Gabby's routines has gone out the window... arrgh! She slept in until 10am this morning. As good as that sounds, it's way too late. Naturally, she wasn't ready for a nap until like 4pm and that's just too late. So I had to string her out. She was in bed by 7pm so hopefully that will get her back on track. Too many late nights and late rises in a row.
    She has the "yes" and "no" thing down pat. I asked her this afternoon when she was chucking yet another tanty if she wanted a dummy and she nodded!! OMG! She'll quite happily shake her head for "no" too... usually when I ask for a kiss... little turd! She also runs away when she knows I want to change her nappy or her clothes. She'll run off cacking herself laughing. Cheeky monkey!

Aww Deb, Gab sounds too cute. LOL @ her refusingthe kiss too. Noah's usually the only one around here that can get them when asking Tehya. We usually have to wait until she is handing them out. Funny how soon they learn the Yes and No hey. I asked Tehya something this afternoon and she said NO to me. Hmmm, better get that out of her The answer is always Yes Mum!!!

Buggar about her being out of routine. Fingers crossed she sleeps good for you tonight and wakes up at a reasonable time in the morning.

Yes it was very hard adjusting to share parenting again. It is so hard to sit back and let someone else tell your kids what to do, not that Mark rushed in or even said that much but YKWIM.

YAY on your dinner turning out great. My SC has been given the last 2 nights off, and probably tomorrow night too. Mark cooked spag bol tonight. I don't minnd it but these days when he cooks thats all we get, if I want something really different I have to cook it. Abit of overkill on the spag I think.

Fi, if you check in I hope tonight is better for you guys Hope that your appointment went well too.

Hi All,

Didn't end up going for a drs appt. Didnt seem worth it as she was pretty much normal yesterday. She threw a couple of tanties towards the end of the day, but I think she was just so tired.
    She didn't sleep well again last night, but at least there was nbo hysterics. Shane adn I are both thinking she had a sore tummy as she did 3 poos yesterday afternoon - all hard. Her bum is also red, so maybe some tooth action going on too.
    She has had night terrors before Trish - so I dont think it was that - this was a real conscious awake "pain" cry.

LMAO on the yes no Deb. We get that too. We also get more, more more!! And she is always happy to kiss the cats, but not always us! They are so bloosy minded aren't they?

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - LOL @ Mark only cooking spag bol. Neil will only cook meat, potato and veg usually. He loves his "blokey" tucker, LOL.

Fi - LOL @ Jenna kissing the cats and not you guys. Damn animals get all the lovin'! Twas good to catch up today. I had some photos to give you but forgot so remind me to hand 'em over when I see you next week.

Awww... Gabby said "baby". It was so cute. She brought a dolly out to the kitchen and gave it a cuddle (she says "awwww" when she cuddles her toys then we have to do it too... and give them kisses... though our kisses don't have as much drool and snot as her's, LOL). Annnyway, I said, "Are you giving the baby some cuddles?" and she said "Baby" loud and clear! Can't get her to say it again tho, LOL.

Had a delightful day today. Visited a friend for lunch (homemade pumpkin soup... yum!) and Gabby had a nice, big sleep in her portacot. Then we went to a play centre to hang with Fi and Jenna and Bec and Eliza and one other lovely lady from our ANC. The kids had SUCH a great time and it was much better once the bigger kids left (some of them are SO rough and shouldn't be playing in the toddler section.. grrr!).

Deb, sounds like you girls had a great day out. How cute on Gab saying BABY. All wee get is bubba and thats usually at other "bubba's" who are much bigger nd older than Tehya... Got to love that pumpkin soup hey. I grabbed a huge butternut and sweet potato yesterday so I can make some.

How hard is it not to tell the bigger kids to go and play in "their" section. Once they are gone atleast you can relax then.

Hope that whatever it was disturbing Jenna has left her alone now Fi. Tehya would love to be able to kiss the cat that resides here. We inherited it when we bought the house. He looks so much fatter and healthier now, but he's not aloudinside the house. Mark hates cats to start with so it's lucky that Noah and Tehya took a liking to it or it would've went be bye's by now. The talking I had to do to save him Plus I'm allergic to him.... I sneakly let him in one rainy day when Mark was at work because I felt sorry for him and I could not stop sneezing and my eyes were that itchy and runny. Hmm last time I feel sorry for him like that. LOL.

Tehya is much better now thankfully, had a small chuck this morning but nothing to worry about. Now I have Joel at home - yest too, with a virus. He has a shocking cough, aches and pains. Just sounds like the flu to me.

Better go, Tehya just came over to me and told me Pooo and did the hand wave. Yup, she sure has. Blerrrggggg. At this rateI might get her telling me before she goes sooner rather than later

Debbie Lee Guest

Lucky cat, Trish. Neil hates them too so there's no way we will ever be able to get one. I am allergic to cats too... pretty strange since I grew up with them! But my eyes itch and my nose starts running. Doesn't stop me from patting the cats at my Mum's place tho. They've been around longer than Charlie (my dog) so I'm not going to stay away from them! I refuse!! LOL

LOL @ Tehya telling you about her poos! Clever chook.
    Hope your soup turns out delish... I'm sure it will!

We have my sis (a different one from the other night) and her BF coming over for dinner so I have porcupine meatballs cooking away in the SC. Smells yum!

Went back to the playcentre this morning to meet with the playgroup girl's this time. I got there early because I saw how feral it was yesterday and I wanted to grab a couple of tables. Well, half of them were reserved!! Grrr... I managed to find two big ones up the back but had to defend them with my life. I had Mum's trying to take chairs and park themselves at the tables. Had to spread all my stuff out so it looked like there were heaps of people already using the tables, LOL. Thank goodness the girl's all rocked up and put their stuff down so that I could stop being a table-nazi!

Gab had a riot of a time. She's so clever in there. She must have had enough practice yesterday because she was whizzing herself down the slide unaided. It's amazing how fast they pick things up!

Hey all,

SOo funny Deb - we went back there yesterday too! Guess what jenna did - in and out of the cars for an hour!!!!! Shane thought it was great.
    We just had dinnenr out at a mexican restaurant intown. I swear that child will eat anything! We are very lucky - I reckon we could go to Asia and eat street food and she would still be happy. Maybe not her bum.....
    I am now unable to order myself acoloured drink without having to share it! She cracks it if shes not getting some too. And thehigh chairs were atrocious. I dont think restaurants realise how much harder life is for families when they have badhigh chairs. There is only one place in Geelong where we have had success with the chair - and the food aint crash hot

Glad to hear you are a softy with cats too Trish - just a shame about the allergies!! And how clever is Tehya with the "poo comment". Jenna will get us a bib now, so we are slowly working up there.

We finally figured out what the tummy upset was about. We got a berry smoothie fromone of the juice bars the other day, and Jenna had HEAPS. It must have taken a day for all the berry acid to work itself to her tummy (and nappy area......) Her bum is already on the mend.

I hope all else are well!

Fi

hey ladies
    I wish Bella would start to talk!I get part sounds but nothing else! I get mumma or dadda but thats all!
    I suppose when you have older brothers and sisters you don't need to talk.

Jess I have found that both Teyya and Noah learnt to talk quicker having the bigger kids around. I guess it'd different for all bubs. But I do KWYM about the bigger kids talking for the younger ones.

Fi, isn't in fantastic having a baby that will eat anything. Tehya is the same, although I'm sure around the age of 2 we will be saying they don't eat anything. Poor Jenna's bum, hope it's better soon. It's pretty hard up here to get a decent CLEAN highchair too. The last thing I want to do is put Tehya in a filthy chiar with some other kids half eaten food on it. With Tehya and her telling me she's done a poo, everytime shes done one I will go "Poo Tehya, you done a poo?" Now she knows what it is and what it's called she tells me.

Deb, hope that your dinner turned out nice too. The porcupine balls are a hit around here. I really should make them again. Sounds like you all had fun at the play centre. YAY on Gab getting abit more assertive and sure of herself. Just what we want, more assertive young girls. LOL. Mark says Tehy is just plain stubborn and I said maybe now it's a hassle but when she's a young woman we will be happy because she won't get trampled upon. Well, thats the plan anyway

I went out to raffles again on Friday night, didn't have a lot of money and was even thinking of not going, but then Mark came in late from work (he stopped at a mates house so I thought stuff it, I'm going. I spent about $40 on tickets and because I had rejoined the club a got a book of vouchers, 1 of them a $10 meal and another $10 worth of free tickets. Everytime I say I'm going to get some last minute tickets they go on selling for another 5 minutes which is heaps more numbers. Anyway this time I go and get them when he says there is 1 minute left and he actually stops when he says he's gonna. Anyways........ I won!!!! Yep and not just a meat tray this time.... I was the 3rd person out for the major prizes and I won a 68cm flat screen tv.
    Shame it wasn't a plasma but hey beggers.....

We are going over to pick it up this afternoon as there wasn't the room in the car on Friday night. Looks like now we will be double shuffling tvs. We are going to put the other big tv we have in the lounge into the big boys room (God only knows where we will fit it) and of course the new one will be inside, and the boys tv (56cm I think) will be going into our room. Now every room apart from Tehya's has a tv in it.

Yesterday we had a friends son's birthday party and then I went from there to Joels footy game (he was only on for about 20min in the second half) he's still pretty sick so the coach was keeping him off. Then after the game back home, Marks Dad and his nieces were up so we had them back at the house too. Busy Busy... Today will be quieter. I hope

Hope that you all have a great Sunday.

ETA. Tehya's webpage has been updated. The 15 month folder. Have a look if you want.
    Last edited by Trish; June 25th, 2006 at 08:57 AM.

Hi girls

brrr it's cold!

Violet will talk your ear off!! She runs around the house after Wato saying "daddy, daddy"... sounds so cute! I wish I could get it on camera but it is busted! I think I need to take it in to be fixed!

Trish... well done on the tv!!
    Violet know when she has done a poo... although she hasn't told us yet... I ask her if she has poo and she grabs hold of her nappy.

Deb, how did the dinner go?

Jess don't wish for Bel to talk too soon! you know how annoying a talking child can be!! lol

Fi, it's great when they eat what ever you give 'em, huy? Violet is the same... we call her garbage guts . Luckily she doesn't get sore bums. SHe did have a fair amount of eczma on her chest but that is clearing up since I change our bread. I will only buy bakers bread now... no preservatives

Goiing to the movies with one of my sisters today We are seeing the Di Vinci Code... I've heard it's crap, but I still want to see it. Loved the book
    Also there is a craft show on in Shep, I might see if she wants to go to that b4 hand.

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - hope you had a lovely day today. Was the movie any good? I don't know if I'll ever get to go to the movies again, LOL. Dinner was good... this time the rice was cooked just nicely (last time I made porcupine meatballs the rice was still a little hard... but still edible).

Trish - SCORE! Well done on winning a new TV! Always an asset! LOL @ there being a TV in every room except for Tehya's.

Jess - you're probably right there. Mum said that my youngest sister, Erin, wasn't a huge talker. She said she could say the words just fine but didn't really need to talk a great deal because it would mean having to compete against her 3 older sisters, LOL. The same went for housework when she was older. Somehow she got out of a lot of stuff because she was just too darn slow so we'd end up doing it for her. Slow?? I think not. Cunning?? Yep!

Fi - LOL @ Jenna playing with the car for so long. She loved them, hey?? Gab was like that at first too but I think the novelty wore off when she got one for her birthday. What did Shane think of the play centre? The one time Neil has been with us, I think he had more fun than Gabby did, LOL. Still... it's nice to sit back and watch Daddy's play with their kiddies. They're just so darn good at it! Glad you found the culprit to Jenna's tummy ache. Damn those berries!

Neil has gone again for yet another week. I'm starting to feel it now. Nearly cried when he drove off (I know... sooky la-la). We spent the weekend cleaning the house up some more (my GOD it is filthy, LOL). I was scrubbing the walls while Neil was pulling things apart in the bathroom to clean it all out. It's amazing how nice it all comes up! I've told him it's something we will have to do at least once a year in our next house.
    Gab is doing well. She has been delightful lately... just really happy and hardly sooky which is great. Probably lulling me into a false sense of security

Awww Deb... It won't be long and you will have him back full time It's funny how we miss them... I love having Wato just hanging around the house.

The movie was good... they left lots out and change a bit, but it was ok... Now I can't wait to see Pirates of the Caribbean

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo yeah, that'll be a good one to see, Tanya. I loved the first one!

Went to the gym today and dropped Gab off at the creche for the first time. She had a ball - didn't even notice I wasn't there. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing?? LOL
    She was playing with crayons when I came back later... cheeky monkey knows she's not allowed to play with them yet (because she eats them, LOL)

Hey Ladies

Thought it was about time I caught up with you all again. Slack arent I?

Hayley is doing really well, teething again but not too bad. If only she would sleep better I would be very happy! She is now walking everywhere, and is into climbing in a big way! She is a little slow on the talking though, which I guess is to be expected with having the 2 older ones around. She has also taken to telling people off, shaking the fingers and talking gibberish, very funny! The other thing is she knows when she is naughty, so when we ask are you being naughty? Do you need a smack? She nods and smacks herself in the head LOL! Guess she will discipline herself!

My sisters new boss had her baby yesterday, a little girl born at 28w, severe PE. Weighing 600gms. I hope that she copes okay. But she is breathing on her own, so that is a really good sign.

Not much else happening here. I decided that I would get the girls up early today, bout time, but now they are all laying on the couch sleeping. I have a list a mile long of stuff that I need to do today, and they cant even get out of their pj's! I guess thats what holidays are for!

My psychic reading happened last week and since then I have been sooo happy, not sure why! I got a few messages from my Dad and Mum, so that was really nice. Not as good as I would have hoped but guess it takes time. She told me that Shannen is struggling with her grief, and when I questioned her about it, she broke down, blaming herself for me not being with my Dad when he passed. Hopefully I got it through to her, that it wasnt meant to be, time will tell I guess.

Looks like DH is off to Sydney possibly tomorrow. Gotta love their notice!

Just have to organise dinner for tonight, should be fun! Tayla has requested shepherds pie, so thought I would put heaps of vegies in with it, they arent eating that well right now. Since the butchers has a special on mince, I thought Chow Mein for tomorrow night too. That will save me running around tomorrow too.

My adorable(NOT) sister is coming over tomorrow night for dinner and to steal half my tools, hope she brings them back!

Anyway, huge HI to you all, will try to pop in a little more often...but then again next week I am stripping wallpaper and painting so maybe not?

Hi All,

Tanya - great to see you. I enjoyed the movie too. I loved the book - not as much as the rest of the world, but it was still a good read. I'm looking forward to Pirates too!! That might be my birthday present if its still on in Gold Class in a few weeks time. Woohoo!! 30 years old. joy.
    Jenna is the same witha poo - you ask her and she looks all guilty. A couple oftimes she has come to us grabbing our arm for a nappy change, but they are few and far between.

Deb -Aw on neil going back. As tanya says - it wont be too long til you are back together for good driving each other nuts Dont you just lvoe marriage?

Trish - Fantastic on the telly!!!! What a fabbo thing to win. Lucky you

Funny thing today - I wsa at Kmart getting a new umpiring jumper, and a woman in the checkout line said - "Aw - look at her lovely curls". I said back "yeah - you should see how long it takes me to do them in the morning!". She looked at me very strangely until I started laughing, so I have decided that is my new line when people comment on the curls. I have also started clipping a small amoutn of hair off to the side, its super cute so that she looks like a girl. Lucky thing having her mum home. No more dirty eating of worms and snails and things, and fun times all about girly stuff

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Fi... all pink and frills now, hey?? Good call on the curls. How funny that the lady thought you were serious! Woo hoo for turning 30!! No big party??

Fi, LOL At Jenna and the worms. How nice is it to be able to put clips in. Tehy ahs girls too, don't know where she got them from though, both Mark and I have straight hair as do our parents Love your comment very funny, I just just imagine the girl standing there with THAT look on her face. Too funny. 30 Years hey, you old thing BTW I love your new avatar.

Deb, All too soon Neil will be back at home and under foot. What is it about absence making the heart grow stronger? Hugs hun. Sounds like your family have been around a fair bit to keep you company too, although not the same I know. Your a good girl going to the gym, wish I had enough ambition to get off my butt and get into one. LOL at Gab with the crayons too. I think they all like to eat them at this age.

Dinky, good to see you in here and feeling abit happier. Good to see that Tehya isn't the only one that doesn't sleep. Shocking isn't it. That bub is so tiny, I hope that she continues to grow big and healthy. LOL @ Hayley smacking herself in the head, would be beter if it were her hand though hey.

Tanya, I've been complaining how cold it is up here but can't even begin to think how cold it is down south. It's down to 0degrees tonight here. Violet sounds like Tehya being a chatterbox. I'm hearing you on the children talking, sometimes I wish they had a mute button.

SO we went and picked up our TV on Sunday afternoon and bring it home, open the box and it's nota flatscreen like they had told us It's pretty much the same as the one I already have in the loungeroom. Oh well, it cost us nothing. We did think about whacking it on Ebay and hopefully selling it but we know the minute we do that something will happen to the other one.

It is sick kid house up here. Tehya still seems to have her spewing bug, everynight she is vomiting, not sure why. She is also getting this flu that Joel has and Noah has got a touch of it too. Both the big boys are barking like dogs, Joel has been off school since last Thursday. Back tomorrow though,they finish up for the term on Friday.

Better go,Tehya is still roaming the house. Doesn't want to give in no matter how many attempts I make....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast