Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #7

Default Babies Born March 2005 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in March 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

March '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 3rd March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 10lb 6oz (4.725kg) - 53cm - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Sebastian John Raymond
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 6 days early, elective c-section

Forum Name: bellasmum
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB:7th March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2830g(6lb4oz)-50cm-33.2cm
    Gender of Baby:female
    Baby's Name: Isabella Rose Lucinda(bella)
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: none now
    Notes: induced 3 weeks early due to iso immunisation, cord wrapped tightly around neck, required full blood exchange at 4 hrs old, quadruple phototherapy for 4 days,double phototherapy for 2 days.3 months of age had another blood transfusion and 4 months old .

Forum Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:8 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3710gm 8lb 2oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Tehya Makenzie
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/trisharae
    Health Concerns: Mild Jaundice
    Notes: 1 day early, home waterbirth

Forum Name: Bec G
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 10 - 03 - 2005
    Baby's Name: Eliza Jayne
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: c-sect due to cervical stitch and gest diabetes 37 weeks

Forum Name: Dinky
    Baby's DOB: 17 March, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2720g - 45cm - 33cm
    Baby's Name: Hayley Nola
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Wind, reflux, nasal congestion
    possible heart problem
    Notes: 5.5wks early emergeny c/s after prom

Forum Name: ange-par (Angela)
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB:19-03-2005
    Baby's Name: Ella Grace
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emergency c-section due to 3 failed attempts at being induced and health problems
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Tanya
    Baby's DOB: 20/03/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3730g (8lb 40z) Length - 53cm (21in) Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Violet Crystal
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/insideofme
    Health Concerns: none...yet
    Notes: 40weeks 1day, NVD, breastfeeding
    __________________________________________________ _______

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: Debbie Lee
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - 34cms
    Baby's Name: Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!

Forum Name: PrincessKaileesMama
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: March 22nd, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 13oz Length - 50.5cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Kailee Adena Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Induced, born 10days overdue!! Cord around neck - born not breathing, no heatbeat - ALL GOOD NOW THO!!
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by Lea13; June 9th, 2006 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Removal of PPL from name list that haven't posted since April 1st 2006

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

Hi girls,
    I did post in the other but it got lost and I didnt have the patience to re-post grrrr
    Hope everyone is well
    Ummm I am going to read the rest of the old thread but just incase I dont get back.
    My house is hideous at the moment I have a girl that popped up 3 teeth no worries but this last one is causing problems..I havent slept for 36 hrs and I'm sure it is going to continue, I'm not sure whether it is a teething problem or a gastro problem ( she vomitted everywhere last night so much in the end I was catching it in my hands ewww the things you do for kids eh.
    Better go she is screaming again here we go
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi -
    I dont know if I could discipline someone elses child unless they were being REALLY bad.
    Totally agree there... and I put it off and put it off... but enough was enough - the teacher voice came out! There's only so much I will allow someone else to hurt my child (and she was hurting her and wouldn't let go so I would constitute that as being REALLY bad).... It's frustrating tho... when someone's child hurts your own and all that happens is their parent saying "No dear, we don't do that" while your child is screaming in agony. It's just wrong! Kids will be kids but this little girl (and you probably know who I am talking about) has been given no boundaries and doesn't even understand the word "no". She stares at you blankly when you say it like you are speaking a foreign language.

Bec - ohhh no, poor Eliza!! And poor you with no sleep! Arrrgh! Damn those teeth.

Well... the grout has been done. My sister and her BF dropped over tonight. I've sugar-soaped the ceiling in preparation for painting. If I don't get called into work tomorrow, I'll get stuck into that. God help me!! LOL

Fi, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't discipline them unless it was totally necessary. And if as inthe case of the girls jumping on the bed, I simply told them not to and to get off Noah's bed as we don't jump on beds in this house.Nobody could get upset with that surely. Have fun makig your wheat bags. What do you use them for?? As in heat packs?

Deb, woohoo on getting the grouting done. Fingers crossed you get a chance to get that ceiling painted. Now all you have to do is bite your tongue and not tell Neil before he gets home.

Bec, sorry to hear that Eliza's not well. Here's hoping that darn tooth comes through really soon. Eww at catching spew too, I have been there way too many times over the years. Still, it's better than catching poo

Not alot happening around here, not that it's a bad thing. Tehya has a bit of a cold, enough to disturb her sleep. Like she needs an excuse to wake up over night.. SHe is learning more words, it seems a new one pops up every other day. Such a funny chook to watch too. I just wonder what goes through her head sometimes. She's quiet a menace and theres nothing she won't climb or get into.

Better go, Joel still hasn't got his butt out of bed for school and Brandon is dragging the chain as usual. Kids, hey, who'd have them.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey Trish... someone told me the other day that they heard that children that don't sleep a lot are of high intelligence! So maybe their brains are working overtime so they can't sleep as long as Mum and Dad would like them to, LOL. Is that any consolation? So we may end up seeing "Tehya the Brain Surgeon" and Jenna the "Rocket Scientist" and Zander the "Something else that requires loads of intelligence". See... I can't even think of a third really smart thing, LOL.
    Ahh well... looks like Gab might be headed for teacher-hood too cos she sleeps ok, hehehe.

I've put the first coat of paint on the other arcatrades that Neil hasn't started yet. It looks really streaky and wrong.... but I think his first coat did too. Arrrgh, I hate not knowing if I am doing it right! Might save the rest of the painting for when Neil gets back. At least the grout has been done, hey? Saved him a good couple of hours.

Deb, was your brush or roller completely dry before you started? If so then maybe all it needs is another coat. I'm sure your doing a great job. Well, finger crossed that Tehya is highly intelligent then, there has to be some excuse, hmm that means she'll leave me behind LOL.

Have been on a cleaning spree this morning, have visitors coming around. Ahh well, the house needed a good clean. Now to get my leg of lamb on annd all will be set for me to sit on my butt, well hopefully. Going to try cooking it in the sc, I hope it turns out good.

Hi eveyrone,
    just popping my head in to say hi and hope you're all well.
    take care
    Colleen

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey Trish, is your house still clean from the other day?? hehehe

No work again today... I don't know why I bothered with an agency. Ah well, next term I'll go and hassle some schools and try to get my own work. Just a pain in the bum because some schools like to pay by cheque so you get paid later, have to wait for it to clear AND go and deposit it into your account. Oh, and I also have to pay in the higher tax bracket because it's considered a "second job" even though I am doing the same bloody thing (being with the agency is considered my first job). So stupid!!

Gab and I seem to be coping ok without Neil. He calls every night so that's good. He is having a good time - he reckons it feels like he is on holidays. He has driven around to look at a few houses and there's not a great deal to choose from. Hopefully something will crop up over the next couple of months.

Deb, Yup house is ummm sort of tidy. LOL. By yesterday afternoon it was back to it's usual self with toys scatterd here, kids shoes there. Good to hear that you girls are coping ok without Neil there. Remind me again what we need men for What a pain with the agency. I guess thats the only real way for you to get extra work at schools too isn't it. Can you just give some of the local schools your number and cut out the middle man??? Probably not but hey it's worth a shot.

Hi Colleen, Good to see you still pop in occassionally . Hope the boys are doing well

Not alot happening around here. Noah had swimming today and did great. We have decided to stop Tehya until the warmer weather and once she is abit older start her in swim lessons as opposed to swim survial that she was doing. Her poor ears can't cope with being submerged for the 15 minute lesson as she is on her back the whole time. I have the same problem if I go swimming and get water in my ears, I suffer really badly from ear aches, even if I am out in the cold wind. Looks like something else she has gotten from me. Fingers crossed she still loves the water when we restart. At the moment she is a natural kicker in there, heres hoping she stays that way.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - bummer @ having to stop Tehya's swimming lessons for a while. For the best tho, hey? Honestly, we decided to stop Gabby's swimming lessons because it was such a chore for all concerned, LOL. We're lazy, what can I say? I will definitely have her in swimming lessons when she is older tho. They are so beneficial. Here's hoping Tehya still loves the water when she goes back.
    I can get work at schools on my own, but, like I said, I have to pay in the higher tax bracket. The agency also gets peeved with schools if they hire me seperate from them (assuming they use the agency sometimes). But that's not my problem, hey? Gotta get work any way I can. There's no point in me hassling schools yet. With only a week and a half until the holidays, I'll be forgotten about. Best to start fresh when term 3 starts.

Why hello there Trish, you stranger you, are you avoiding me? LOL j/k - Haven't seen or spoken to you in ages, hows that gorgeous redhead bombshell doing? Tell Noah, Luke says hi. My boys are good, James walking most of the time now, damn little bugger, leaving walking till this late - lol
    Righto, outta here again, bath time for the kids

Hi All,
    Trish/Deb - I hear ya on the disciplining thing. And I know who you are talking about Deb - what a pain!
    Yay on the grouting!!! Thats fabulous to have that job done. Neil will be impressed when he gets back. have you got the house on the market yet?
    And we have stopped swimming lessons. Jenna is so comfortable in the water I'm not too fussed about it. She will happily flop around in the bottom of the shower with the water all over her, adn thats all I'm really worried about. I am a little concerned that she doesn't like lying on her bakc in the water, but I can practise that in the bath with her.
    Bec - I would offer to come and help, but I'm sooooo not interested in catching vomit.
    If you need a break though bring a bottle of wine over and I'll pretend not to touch it with you. Friday night?

1 week to go..... Its just so exciting the prospect of being unemployed!! Cna't wait! I already have all sorts of bookings over the next few weeks, its like I was never working. Good stuff

Deb - Jenna can be a plumber or a sparky - I'm happy with that concept. What use is a rocket scientist in the family? About as much use as a bloody engineer!!!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL - I suppose you're right, Fi. And plumbers and sparkies probably earn the same amount as engineers too!! LOL
    Woo hoo for only 1 more week!! How exciting!
    The house isn't on the market yet. We have to fix up a few little things before we can have people through it. The laundry ceiling has peeled because of the drier. I guess I have been using it more since Gab was born. The light is busted in there too so we have to get an electrician over to fix it (Neil tried and set off the safety switch twice... ooops!).

Got some work tomorrow!! Yay. It's only 4 hours but it's better than nothing.

ange-par Guest

Hi All

Have been lurking in the background, but not posting as it takes too long for the pages to load with a dial up connection.

Ella is doing well. She hasn't been sick for 2 weeks now!!!! WOOHOO

I had a Jigsaw party here last night and they have some of the best stuff and I found the prices reasonable. There was lots of educational stuff and best of all the consultant was really good and allowed all the kids to play with the stuff.

Bec- Yuck at Miss Eliza being sick. I know all about gastro

Fi- A lady of leisure soon. WooHoo. No more early mornings!

Got to go and wrap Mum's birthday present. She is 60 tomorrow.

Debbie Lee Guest

Happy birthday to your Mum, Angela. Hope she has a great day!

Neil comes home tomorrow night... WOO HOO!! AND it's a long weekend. Hooray!

1 week down.... 11 to go...

Deb, i hope the weeks fly for you. Did you manage not to tell Neil about the grouting? Hope you guys have a great long weekend together I conned Mark into taking tomorrow off so he has an extra long weekend

Ange, hope your Mum has a great bday. YAY for Ella being healthy for you too.

Fi, maybe when the weather warms back up you can get Jenna back into the water, Yep laying her down in the bath is a great idea, you can also try pouring water over her head so that she doesn't freak when it gets in her eyes - if she does. Tehya still doesn't love it, but hey, I'm not stopping LOL. She loves the water too, don't think I'm going to have much trouble when she goes back. Fingers crossed anyway.

Colleen, nope not avoiding you, just been busy. Tehya is going great, she seems to be learning a new word everyday. Latest one is dob (dog) very cute. Noah says hi back to Luke About time James got himself walking, lazy little man he is.

Not much happening again. Like I said I talked Mark into having tomorrow off, he's owed time so why not take advantage of it being a long weekend. Noah is at preschool tomorrow so we might even get out to lunch or something nice by ourselves (if I can get mum to watch teh) I'm sure Mark will have "other" ideas of the day alone though
    Last edited by Trish; June 9th, 2006 at 07:47 AM.

Don't know whats going on with my damn post. I wrote it out with spcae between the lines and all and this is how it came up. Won't even let me edit it. Oh well, hope you can read it. LOL

ETA, yup, tried this morning and it let me edit. My puter playing games with me again.
    Last edited by Trish; June 9th, 2006 at 07:47 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast