Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #7

Debbie Lee Guest

Simone - hooray for having Anneliese home and double hooray for Declan taking his first steps!! Clever boy! 3 kids under 3... woah! You're a braver woman than I!! LOL

Neil and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last night (it was on Thursday) - we just got some Thai take-away and a bottle of bourbon, LOL. Such exciting lives we lead! At least because we don't see eachother all week we've got loads to talk about.
    We had the estate agent over this morning and we signed some papers so the house will be on the market next weekend. Getting photos done on Tuesday so I at least have a few days to pack away some clutter and having it looking ok for the photographer. I really, really hope it sells quick... I am hopeless at keeping the place tidy!

Ok... I am meant to be painting (we missed the wall behind the fridge... DOH!). Gabby is with Neil for the morning running errands. Hooray!

Just catching up with everyone. Bella is running around and absolutely loves her brother, sometimes too much!She tries to sit on me if I am feeding him.Will catch up on personals when there are no children around.

Hi Girls...

sorry about my slackness!! I thin it is because I am so darn boring, that I don't catch up more often!! LOL.
    Violet did a runna yesterday!! I near **** myself!! We live on the main drag in Shepparton so we have a pool gate to get out the front... anyway I let the girls outside to play while I got the washing out of the machine. I was putting another load in the washer and Emily comes running in..."baby's alright! Baby's alright!".
    "baby's alright is she?" I reply with a smile.
    "yep"..
    So i peek around the corner and see the gate is open!!!! I crap myself and run out calling her name, thinking she will just wlk straight onto the road!! Luckily she didn't and walked into next doors front yard!! *phew*

Deb, congrats on 4 years

Ange, well done on returning to wark... brave girl!!

Bec, centerlink just let you think you won!! LOL
    Hi Trish, Fi, Sarah, Jess and Simone

Sorry for the crappy catch up

Tanya

****....how did Violet get out?????
    As you said thank god she didn't go onto the road!

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - I was just gonna ask where the hek you were! I don't think you're boring!! OMG @ Violet getting out! Nothing like an event like that to make your heart leap into your throat. Glad the little mite is ok and didn't venture onto the road.

Sarah - where are you??? How's things going with the business? How's Zander?

Jess - I bet life's pretty full-on with you atm!

Just had the photographer take pictures of the house for the ad. Gabby was asleep the whole time so he didn't take any of her bedroom... that's annoying because he took pictures of the spare room instead which isn't nearly as cute. Ah well. I guess it'll be a surprise for people on inspection, LOL.

Had dinner at a friend's place last night. Gabby managed to get hold of some beads that their 6yo was using to make a necklace. I fished some out of her mouth and made sure she didn't get into them anymore. We had a shocker of a night last night with Gab waking up every hour. Poor sausage. But now I know why! A couple of beads were in her poo this morning!! She had swallowed 3 of them. They weren't big enough for her to choke but I bet they made her tummy sore (thus the shocking sleep!). Poor thing! Gotta be more careful when we are at friend's houses with older kids!

I will reply, I will reply

Another slacker here too lately. Kids are still on holidays so not as much time to do proper posts.

Tanya, crap at Violet getting out. I've had way too many experiences like that with Noah, my little escape artist. Thank God she didn't go onto the road.. Do you think Emily may have "helped" her escape or is the gate beyond her???

Deb, shame about not getting Gab's room photographed, but you'd probably be more annoyed if he had woken her up. Well, I would be give Teh rarely sleeps So now it'sall coming together for you hey. Poor Gab and the beads. Atleast they came back out. I remember Joel swallowing a $2 coin, I waited so long for it too come back out I wanted interest. Shame a $50 didn't come back out LOL.

Jess, good to see you've popped in. Life is busy with toddlers and a newborn hey!!

Simone, how are the kids going? Giod to hear that the boys are loving Anneliese.3 under 3, you sure would have your work cut out hun. Remember that you still need you time too

Not too much happening around here, as I said the big boys are still on holidays but it's not going too bad with them at home. Watch it all stuff up tomorrow now that I've written that.

Tehya is finally healthy!!! No runny butts, runny nose, or hacking coughs. About bloody time too. Noah is doing well too. Sitting down quietly watching ABC at the moment. We went out today to The Wiggle Playcentre with some friends. Had a great but long day there. We got there around 10.30 and left around 2.40. So we used up our moneys worth. Tehya is asleep, absolutely exhausted poor chook.

Better go, want to load the ics from today onto my puter and check them out. If theres any nice ones I'll show them

Sorry havent been in here much, Anneliese has started waking up more (especially at night) and so have the boys. Xander with nightmares, and Declan's teething (he only has 4 teeth atm) and he has tonsilitis. poor lil thing!! I feel sooooo stuffed, keeping thinking "what the hell was i thinking to have them so close together?!" But they'll get older, and then i'll just get lucky again... hehe
    Sorry girls, way too stuffed for personals... just hope your all getting more sleep than i!!

Sorry havent been in here

Jenna is covered in spots...... They aren't dark or bad, and she doesn't have anyother symptoms - just the spots
    Dr today, hopefully she can shed some light on it!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no! Hope it's nothing too serious, Fi.

Simone - woah! Any wonder you were exhausted. Like you said, you'll come out the other end and be all the better for having the kids so close together. I don't envy you atm!

Trish - woo hoo for Tehya FINALLY being fit and healthy. Make the most of it, girl! Those play centres are great, hey? I wish they were around when I was a kid. I would have luuurved them! But, then, Mum probably wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway, LOL.

Gab has been a bit worse for wear too. She woke up early yesterday morning and was a little sooky (had a cough) but still ok. I put her down for her nap at 11am (earlier than normal) but she had woken early so I didn't think much of it. When she woke up at about 1:30pm and just clung to me. She outright refused to go down on the floor and just wanted to cuddle. She wasn't interested in food at all and just wanted her dummy and cuddles. She also felt a little warm. We were meant to be meeting some of the girls from MG at a playcentre so I let them know we weren't coming. Instinct told me to call the clinic and try to get a spot for the arvo. They were booked out but when I mentioned she had a temperature, they told me to come in at 4:30pm without hesitation. My sister came over for a cuppa and a chat. Gabby had half a bottle of milk but just wanted to lay on her little couch. She even slept for a bit. She stirred at about 3:45 and started crying. When I picked her up she was even hotter. I tried taking her temp again (just under the arm). When my sis and I saw the temp hit 39.2 we hopped straight in the car and headed to the clinic early. I'm glad we did. The doctor checked her over and said that she had a chest infection. So I have to give her panadol and some antibiotics. Poor little chook! We had her stipped down to her singlet but she was still roasting!
    Neil came home at about 5:30pm and Gab was still lethargic on her little couch. Not half an hour later, she suddenly stood up and started running around!! The panadol must have kicked in. She went to the kitchen demanding food and was back to her old self except for some coughing. My goodness it was amazing how quickly she bounced back! Cheeky monkey!
    We didn't have the greatest night last night - she woke up several times but it was nice having Neil home to get up to her some of the time. She was up with the sparrows again this morning but has so far been asleep for 2.5 hours. We had to go back to the Dr. this morning for him to follow up (and get charged another $52... grrrr!) and he was happy with how she had recovered. She's still pretty crackly in the chest tho.

On a brighter note, we have people looking at the house tonight which is good. Wouldn't it be great if we sold it before it was even advertised?? LOL In a perfect world, perhaps!

FI, I hope that Jenna's spots aren't anything too serious like chicken pox... Have you had it?? Let us know how it goes at the Dr's.

Deb, it's amazing how quick they bounce back once you knock that fever on the head. I think the fever is often the worse part for them. If my kids are warm or sooky like that I generally give them some panadol or nurophen and hit it before it gets too bad. When Tehya's temp is up her hands get boiling, this is when I know it's bad because even with just an low grade tremp their hands and feet should be relatively cool. Buggar about the extra $52 but hey, for peace of mind....
    Fingers crossed that your prople coming through tonight love your house and want to snap it up right away.

Was going to get some pics doen of Tehya while I was at the shopping centre today today but Tehya decided to be very non compliant. LOL, she even threw the teddy the lady gave her. She did fall asleep though on the way home so she was obviously tired, which I already knew but thought I'd give it a go anyways...

The big boys are out in their room searching for any of their PS2 games to trade in at the game shop, apparently if they have X ammoun they can trade them plus $50 for an XBox. I have tried to talk them out of it as I already laybuyed them the brand new xbox 360 for christmas and that costing me $780. But don't want to insist too much for fear of giving up my suprise... Oh well, it will see them through for the next 6 months, Their PS2 has died, they would be better off seeing if it could be fixed but they have their minds made up.... Just wish they had've decided that before I gave them $40 for the movies this morning, plus another $30 for a computer game. Geez kids are expensive!!!

Hi All

Trish, a new Xbox... WOW!! They'll be happy that's for sure!!
    There is no way Emily could have open the gate is a BIG one. Alecia didn't close it properly on her way to school.

Deb, I am glad Gab is on the mend... I hope the house sell quickly, that would be a weight off!!

Fi, I hope you can get some answers to the spots... maybe an allergic reaction. Alecia had some misterious spots when she was 1 or so and I think we figured out that it was tha mouth wash that she got into (she got into everything!! She was a nightmare!!)

Not much going on here... stress stress stress!! LOL Isn't that what ttc is all about!! Wato and I are doing really well, which is a bonus

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo yeah... ovulation day, hey Tanya?? Glad all is good with you and Wato so that you can make the most of it Hope you can catch the eggy!! If not I may just have to join you in the TTC threads in August... ooooeeer! Still... I hope you've graduated (or about to graduate) by then

Trish - LOL @ the boys. Once they get their mind set on something, there's no stopping them! What a great Chrissy present tho! They're lucky!

Tanya, hope you guys have a great night

Deb, so your going to go again hey?? Good on you. You girls are all trying to make me ckucky aren't you... It won't happen

Ok so we went back into the shops and stuffed around from one game shop to the other and ended up swapping 10 [email protected] games and got a 2nd hand X box for $10 Then we went to another game shop and swapped their PS2 controls and something else (can't remember) and got another X box control and a game for it. The boys decided they would walk off and get Noah an icecream from Macca's so I stayed put with Tehya oout front of the game shop for over 20 minutes!!! Apparently Brandon had misheard me when I said I would wait here and thought I said I would wait at the car. As you can imagine I had the craps well and truely. Knew that I couldn't walk off though incase they came back. Little turds.
    Boys are trying out the Xbox now and apparently the control doesn't work. Need not think I'm going back in tonight to get it sorted out for them.

Tehya was feral in there and on the way home decided to stink the car out by spewing everywhere. Oh I did say she was getting better didn't I....

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to let you all know whats wrong with Jenna. She has a skin conidition called Pityriasis Rosea. Doa google search if you are interested - it seems common, non-contagious, and doesn't need treatment although it does explain the cold she has had as this appears a couple of weeks before the herald spot (the main spot on her belly I thought was eczema) which then precedes the little pimples all over her torso!!
    So she's not dying, and it should all be cleared up within 6-12 weeks!

They dont know how it spreads really, as it doesn't actually seem all that contagious so thats streange, but who knows, maybe some of the other babies she has played with recernyly have it, or will get it!!

Better go and get the child to bed - I turn the big 30 tomorrow - Happy happy, Joy Joy!!

Fi, glad Jenna is ok, and that she isn't contagious!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a ripper of a day (y'u ol' codga...j/k )

Trish, how annoying... the boys going to the car and not back to the shop!! I would have been fuming!! Males... only hear what they want to hear and then make up the rest

Deb, I think I will be joining you... Oday was the day before my ticker said... too lazy to change it!! Anyway, big drama on O day!! Wato's body decided to betray us and not perform (well not the important bit anyway)!! Urgh!! (not once... not twice, not three times... but FOUR TIMES!! In a row!)... We eventually got one in, but I think it was a bit late Oh well...

Anyway, we have swimming today... other than that, not doing much.

Tanya

Fi HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you sweets. Your catching up to me

Tanya, what a buggar about missing the big O, and how dare Wato not perform hehe. Noah's swimming has a break during the school holiday but we're back next weektoo.

Had a friggin crappy morning. Went to take Noah to pre school and tehy are doing road works (in peak hour!!!) anyway they have reduced the only road over the other side of the bridge to one shared lane, so they have the bloody lolly pop sstopping the already backed up traffic on the brigde. Anyways took me over 10 mintues to get over the bridge so I was well and truely late. Being the impatient person that I am I decided to make up time. Yup over the next bridge was a bloody police car. The stupid thing is I know that they it there and I'm usually the one warning everyone else that they sit there and rarely speed going over it. Of course he got me, I slowed down - but not enough. Bloody $230 fine. Not a happy woman. Got to Noah's school and promptly burst into tears.

I'm supposed to be savign to go visit my midwife in Port Macquarie and that was my airfare. i have 21 days to pay it but it just feels like I'm throwing my money in the bin Is my lesson learnt, probably not....

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Trish! It's always the bloody way! People that normally drive safely get busted the moment they have to speed up and yet the rat-bags out there seem to get away with it all the time. $230 is a lot of money! Can you write to someone and ask to pay it off over time??

Fi - happy birthday for yesterday, mate. I'm spewing that I didn't get a chance to jump on the puter so that I could have said a proper happy birthday. The big 30, hey? Glad Jenna's rash isn't anything too serious. It certainly sounds like a bit of an odd thing to catch!

Tanya - bugger @ not catching 'O'. Still... it ain't over until the fat lady sings!! LOL

We had an open for inspection today and OMG... we were soooo disorganised! Neil headed off to Perth today so he had to pack. He also had to change the carby on my car because it nearly broke down on me yesterday on the way to work (in Bacchus Marsh... about an hour's drive... lovely school but a bloody long way to have to drive for 1 day of work!). Gab still isn't 100% and is actually very congested, the poor chook. So we've been having crappy sleeps and last night wasn't much better. I didn't even have time to have a shower because I had to tidy up the place then get the hell outta dodge. The plus is that we had quite a few groups of people through and a number of them showed interest (one would like a building inspection and another wants a second inspection). Fingers crossed we sell quickly!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast