Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #4

Just popping in to say a big welcome to Tam and Olivia and i will post properly tomorrow.

Oh man.. I just realised I haven't taken Tallon for his 4mth needles! woops! shoulda signed up for the reminder thingy.

Ivana- im the same. Abby had a cold when they were due so i didnt bother taking her then, she was already out of sorts!!

We are taking her on friday. She was pretty good after the 8 week ones. She was a tiny bit unsettled but nobody else could even notice it as shes such a good baby anyway- so when i think shes unsettled people just do get what im talking about. Anyway, we will then have the weekend together to deal with any fall out!!

Dach - I have noticed a bit of hair loss but nothing major. i have noticed that it seems to be growing faster though!!!

Jen - i hope the mastitis is clearing up for you. I have noticed my bb's have been itchy at the nipple and when i looked it like a dermititis dryness. I have had psoriosis on my arms and legs before so i am just hoping it doesn't get like that .

Ivana - fingers crossed you get to move into the house your friends are leaving. It sounds like it would be great.

Emz - After reading your post about Abby's bottles the other night i kinda did something similar today. I fed Liam at 8.30am and again at whilst i was out at 12.30pm by the time we got home at 2pm he was cranky so i put him bed. He slept through till about 5pm when i gave him the solids he usually has before his long afternoon nap. I was then working out what time i would feed him before i went to bed and about an hour later realised he had missed a feed:eek: for some reason the fact that Liam had been crying and unsettled and my bb's were so full still didn't register that he was well and truly ready for some milka! Sometimes i think alot can be said for routine....and when a mother runs on auto pilot sometimes it doesn't help when the routine is changed .

In regards to solids......do what you think is right. Don't let people tell you when you should start. As much as they are trying to "help" only you/DH and your baby will know when the time is right. I was all keen for waiting till 6 months (just gave me somthing else to organise each day) but Liam was not putting on weight and did not seem content so we started at 5.5 months. I must say i felt more confident when the CFHC nurse agreed with me. Each babe is different and will be ready in their own time. I now remember why i was enjoying only b/f.....the poo's stink and i am washing so much more now cause he likes to chew on the bibs while he is eating:eek: ...messy little man!
    Now that Liam is eating solids i am starting to wonder where the last 6 months have gone. My baby is growing up so fast and it only feels like last week that he was born.
    Take care

my baby is 6.....yes 6 months old tomorrow:eek:

oh my goodness! What an old man! LOL. Isn't the time flying tho Not our little babies anymore. They're little people! hehe.

I'll be taking Tallon for his needles tomorrow. Thought I'd better get it out the way before the meetup on Tuesday, incase he gets out of sorts for a couple of days.

Will catch up tomorrow hopefully. Gotta go put the boy to bed. Cya!

Hi girls

Wow - I can't believe Liam is six months old already!!! It seems like we were all pg just last week! Congrats, Kas, on his half-birthday! Does that mean it'll only seem like the same amount of time until they're one? OMG!

Ivana - I would forget too except I book in for the next round of needles when we have one lot done, if that makes any sense. That way it's in my diary (and I just have to remember to look at that!). Hope he goes okay today. I'm giving Lucy Panadol beforehand again next time, last time I didn't and she was inconsolable in the afternoon. Ooops.

Kas - ewww, I am not looking forward to solids poos. I am waiting until 6 mths at least. Even though Lucy is only really light (5.75 kgs at GPs on Wed, only 150 gm gain in a month), she isn't waking up during the night and is happy, alert and active, so I'm guessing she's just burning it all off. She is getting longer (61 cms), just not fatter! My GP says we'll weigh her again in a couple of weeks when she goes in for her needles and make a call after that. But if she's a happy bub and sleeping well she said I didn't need to worry.

Em - hope Abby goes okay with her needles today too. Poor little bubs, all getting jabbed!

Well, I'm feeling a lot better, thanks in part to the 11 hours between feeds overnight!! She didn't wake up until 6:15 am this morning for a feed. She stirred at 2:50 am, too early for a normal feed, so I gave her her dummy, expecting her to wake an hour later to be fed, but no! It's only the third time she's gone all the way so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Lucy is moving along quite well when I put her down for tummy time. The legs are wriggling from the knees like she's trying to get the crawling thing happening. She can sit for a good five seconds on the floor without wobbling now. Her biggest obstacle is that she reaches out for toys and tips herself over. She's also now rolling over as soon as she's had enough of tummy time or 'resting' her head until she hears something interesting (she could roll pretty early, but she hasn't done it often).

I'm excited about meeting you and Tallon next week, Ivana! He looks like such a cutie!!

I think we're going to buy Lucy's cot on the weekend, I'm worried she's getting too mobile for the cradle. Very exciting!! Should have happened last weekend, but I would have had to get out of bed for that.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend and bubs are all okay after needles!

Hello everyone - where are you all?? I know some of you have been lurking around other threads!!

Well, since no one else is around I guess I'll just post about us...

I'm much better now, think the antibiotics and the hot and cold packs before and after feeds have completely cleared the mastitis. I'm thinking positively, that's the last time I'll have it!

Lucy has cut back on her naps now and the long naps of previous weeks for 2 hrs or so are out of the window. She's now down for about 3-4 naps a day of 40 mins each. BUT on the good side, she's extended her night sleep for an extra hour and I'm not waking up before 5 am now!! In fact, on the weekend, she woke up 5:30 am and then I took her into bed with us and we all slept in until after 8 am!

Poor old DP spent all of yesterday rebuilding the back fence and is so sore today he can hardly move. But there's no way now our dogs can get over or under it! It's almost 6 ft high and is dug into the ground, so any amount of tunnelling should be halted. Of course, now they'll probably target the side fence, but fingers crossed it doesn't happen for at least a few months! Give DP a chance to recover and forget what a hassle this one was.

We went cot shopping, but I'm trying to get a better price on it today. Anyone know what the issue is with switching her from cradle to cot if she isn't too big for the cradle? It's mobility right? She can't pull herself up yet, but is rolling heaps more. In fact, tummy time is very difficult now, 'cause she just keeps rolling over. And she's wriggling around so much on her back I think it'll be somersaults everywhere very soon. Now when I put her down somewhere and turn away, she's manoeuvered herself off the mat or is facing the opposite direction. I'm going to have to start baby-proofing...

Must go, work to do. Hope everyone else is good!

hi jen i am here but no one had been in so i haven't posted. Liam currently in arms so i cant do full post but i wikl either tonight or tomorrosw.
    hope everyone is well

I'm here too.. just too lazy. LOL. Will try to get motivated tonight!

Bronwyn Guest

Hi Ladies,

Great to read some of your posts. Quick introduction: I am a stay at home mum with two lovely girls. Isabel is 2rs 5 months (born 22/03/04) and Sienna is 5 months (born 14/03/06).

I would love to join your forum and have a natter about the joys amd trials of raising little ones.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hi Bronwyn! Welcome! Look forward to getting to know you

Welcome Bronwyn! It'll be great to get to know you and hear all about your little girls.

Hi Kas, it's a bit tricky to get any typing done with two extra little hands to help, isn't it?!

Hi Ivana, how was today's meet-up at the club? I'm looking forward to next week no end, it'll be great to meet you in person and catch up with some of the other gals again.

Lucy and I had a good day, she slept with us last night after having a nap from 6-10 pm last night. I couldn't be bothered staying up with her to give her a bath, etc, and it might have taken a couple of hours before she got tired, so I just took her into bed with me to feed and she went to sleep pretty quickly. I'm a bit tired though, don't seem to sleep as soundly when she's with me.

She said 'Mum' for the first and second time today!!! More of a whingey 'Muuummm' when she wanted me to pick her up, but it's nice to know I'm at least her first word!

Well, I'll pop in later to see how you're all doing!

LOL.. Jen - Tallon has been whinging muuuuum for a while now. I like to think he's actually saying mum Sometimes he really sounds like he's calling me tho! LOL Everyone says they usually say dadada first.. but there's no way.. it's always been mumumum. (yay!)

Today's meet up was good actually Just 4 of us were there with bubs. It was good meeting a few at a time.. instead of the hordes of people that will be there next week! hehe.

Oh - and Bessi - a little birdie told me you're coming up this way Hope you have a safe trip!

As promised i am back.

Firstly welcome to Bronwyn, it will be great getting to know you and your girls.

DH is away in sydney all week doing a recurtification for work so it's just me and the boys. They have been pretty good. The first night Brad didn't want to talk to DH but last night he told him he missed him and was sleeping in his bed. So much for having the bed to myself!!! I sometimes let him sleep with me when DH is on night shift but that is only a few times a fortnight.

Liam has an infected finger so he is on anti biotics to help clear it up. It is a mystery as to how it got that way but the doctor suggested maybe some food got stuck in a cut and it hasn't helped that he loves sucking on his fingers ATM so all the extra moisture and food remenants wouldn't have helped.
    Liam is having two solids servings a day now (about equal to half a tin of baby food) most of the time it is home made veges or tin apple puree with farex but today he got to try his first custard and loved it. News for him though....he won't be getting that too often! I don't want him snobbing his veges. And besides the two times he has tinned veges it has given him runny poo's and stains his clothes:mad: .

Wow at all these clever bubs "talking" and rolling. Still stubborn skills in this household.
    Since rolling over at his CFHC visit the only other time Liam has rolled over was at my parents last week . He did it twice whilst i was drying him after a bath and not since .
    As for the talking i haven't noticed any sounds that are similar to words.....oh except the tired natter before sleeping that is dad dad dad dad mixed in with cries and dummy sucking groans.

Jen - i say good ridence to the mastitis and am sending it away for good. It has a "do not return" policy! Do you have the cot yet? It's a big decision and a costly one so you gotta make sure you get a good deal. I hope your DP has recovered from the fence building and the dogs are keeping out of mischief. Hopefully if you tuck Lucy in tight enough she won't wriggle about. If she is still being wrapped it will be even harder for her if she is tucked in.
    I think Liam will have to get out of the snuggle bed soon. It is in his cot and that is all he has known to sleep in since coming home. He is almost touching at top and bottom so it won't be long:eek: . I can only imagine how small he is going to look in his cot with nothing around him, similar to Lucy i guess as they are similar in size.

Ivana - it must hve been nice to meet up face to face with some local BB members and i am sure you and Jen will have a blast next week. We had a local meet up but the day it was on it rained and it was at the park so we didn't go. I think another has been planned but its just finding the time to fit it in i guess.

Ok. so much for kids in bed asleep. Because i am in the same room as Liam he has decided that chattering to himself with the ocassional squel would be fun. It has now changed to the fake cough cause he knows i will check on him for that...cheeky monkey. I had best go put him back to sleep as he is not due for a feed for another hour or so.

see ya!

Smile

Hmmmm all alone....we are a busy group (outside of BB aren't we?)

All is well here. Liam's finger seems to be getting better thanks to antibiotics. Had to laugh...Liam is so funny ATM finding his voice. He has started opening and closing his mouth like he is trying to say ayayayayay (IYKWIM) but nothing comes out. When i do it he laughs but i think because it is a different sound/pitch to his other ones he is still trying to find the vocal chords to get it out. I am sure when he gets it he will be very excitied.

We are having a bludge day.........
    Brad had swimming this morning and since then he has played cars or watched tv, alternating between the 2 and i have read some mags and surfed on here for hours! Liam is asleep ATM so i prob should be washing up or something but naaaah!

DH is home tonight after his week away for work. Brad will be very happy to see him as to will Liam. I held the phone up to his ear last night when talking to DH and he would smile when DH talked...so cute.

I have been thinking about putting Bradley into little athletics over summer as he is to young for nippers at the surf club (DH has been a clubbie since he was a teen and really wants him to join). I can' decide though if a fri night or sat morn would be better in terms of other social activites/weekends away etc. His cousin may be joining too so i guess it is what suits both sets of parentss best.

As for the weekend.....
    Well tonight i dare say DH and Brad will be fixed to the Tv watching the footy and i will prob find myself doing the same.

It would have been my grandmas's 93rd b'day tomorrow so my bro and his fam and DH and our kids are going to get together for dinner to celebrate her life as it will still be a bit over a week before mum and dad are home from o/seas to organise her memorial service. Unfortunately my bro's wife's nana passed away at the start of the week so they had her funeral today. Hopefully we can enjoy dinner and celebrate them both.

Brad has a birthday party for one of the kids from pre school on sunday at macca's and other than that i don't think we have any plans.

Anyways take care and enjoy your weekend

Hi Kas, you're not completely alone, but I've been out and about this morning!

Glad Liam's finger is clearing up. Awww, how cute that he smiles at Daddy's voice! Lucy's always very happy when DP comes home, but I haven't tried the phone yet.

Sounds like Bradley will be a busy boy! They seem to love activities like athletics or nippers though and it's so cute to see them participate when they're little. DP used to referee rugby league and the under 7s were adorable. Getting them to run in the right direction was the biggest challenge!

We're having a good day. Lucy is in a fantastic mood and has been showering all and sundry with laughs and smiles. I took the camera out with me so a friend took some pics of me with her and I got some great shots of her smiling and laughing in the pram with some balloons. She loves balloons and has gotten the hang of pulling the string to pull them towards her. Of course, then she tries to stick the balloon in her mouth, but the size and lack of teeth mean none have popped yet!

I can't believe how mobile she's getting. She doesn't stay where I put her down now, so I can't leave the room long. She can wriggle forward on her tummy pretty well and has gotten the idea of pulling her knees up underneath her, but not at the same time as holding the top part of her body up. She gets frustrated, like she knows something is supposed to happen but she isn't sure what! She can also now sit unsupported on the ground for up to 10 seconds before having a wobble, often a face plant 'cause she wants something in front of her but forgets the ground is in the way.

She's copying some of the sounds I make now, blowing raspberries makes her giggle but she can't quite get them yet. Mumumum is her favourite and some kind of 'goo' noise.

Well, I'm off to have a nap while Lucy takes her 2 hr sleep. This is her last nap of the day now, so I have to cram everything into it! She still has two 40 min naps in the morning, but she is staying awake longer and longer, I've noticed. Thank goodness she's in bed by 7:30pm, I wouldn't be able to keep up with her otherwise!

Cheers all.

Well how's DH's form? After being away all week for work they rang him today to work overtime. In his defence though there was no one else to do it otherwise he would have said no. Needless to say Bradley was far from happy he would have to wait another day for daddy to be at home to play.

I forgot to say yesterday that Liam is also sitting unsupported for up to 10 or 15 seconds provoded he doesn't lean to far forward to play with his toes or pick something up .

Jen - it sounds like Lucy will be an early crawler, no chance of that here. I hope the photos from yesterday turn out well. That is something DH and i don't have alot of...pictures of us and the kids, we have heaps of them but not all as a family. The last family photo was when Liam was born. Brad didn't even make it into any christening photos! I think i will get a professional family one done towards christmas when Liam is more grown up.

BBL to see if anyone has been in

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast