Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #6

WOW i feel so left out.......not being able to leave bubs and find him in the same spot when i return....and him getting into everything.....NOT! Hehe, I am sure Liam will be following us around and getting into mischief soon too. I thought we were that close last night i got out the video camera. I just hopes he uses his knees not just feet with bub in the air -which is how he has been rocking lately?!?!?
    Gotta go - preschool drop off, CFHC check up and then shopping with mum and SIL...yay!!
    Have a good day!!

LOL Kas - I was worried Tallon was gonna crawl like that, up on his feet. Thankfully he crawls very normally! Very boring hehe. He did no interesting commando crawls or antyhing. Perhaps its a personality trait coming through.. he waits until he can do something properly before doing it. Like his rolling! hehehe.

Hehe, Kas, hopefully Liam will at least wait until after Sat night!

I had my first "she's very quiet" moment just a little while ago. Instead of following me she'd gone into her bedroom and was 'playing' with her bin. Which fortunately I emptied this morning! It's too cute when she comes looking for me though, so proud of herself! OMG she's just pulled herself up onto her feet beside me on the coffee table. Better rescue the phone...!

Went to an open day at one of the schools this morning. Very scary to be thinking about that already, but thought we might as well take a look, jic.

Must go, work to do and Lucy's godfather and his wife coming over for dinner tonight, so I should make the house a bit tidier...

Hope everyone is well!

Hi all,

oh kas don't worry and don't feel left out Liam will be up and away in no time every baby is different remember, enjoy it while he still can't crawl! Cause when he can you will be like this :eek: Hee hee hee.

Well i think i have got Tayneesha settled at night and got this tantrum, seperation anxirty fixed Yeah. She went down last night at 7pm and slept till 4.30am so i went in lied her down and sat next to the cot in the rocking chair for 10mins and she fell asleep again, so it is worknig as this is the third night so far. it stays like this. Somtimes she sleeps through too!

She is teething badly at the moment thats for sure, she is dribbling every where the poor thing i can see about three or four teeth under the gum trying to cut through so today she has been a little sooky and cranky so panadol and bonjella today and tonight i'll give her brauer and see how we go! Oh her poo was runnier than normal today too so i hope to god these teeth get here soon. It taks so dam long i wish they would cut through in one day and be done and over with!

Walking taking small steps hanging onto things, but not doing it herslef yet so i am sure soon though. I can't remember if i told you all we had our sant photo taken what a hilarious day that was, she was a little scared and concerned of this big fat white bearded Father Christmas but in the end kept pulling his beard and it was a real one oopps!!!! Poor guy.

We got a paint tin full of jelly beans the other day and god knows how we are going to eat them all it will take a good year or so i am sure! My partner is a carpenter and the owner of this house ordered some paint and cause it cost a certain amount he got a free tin of jelly beans some promotion thing.

Is there any other tips i can use for teething as it is really hurting tayneesha. My sil told me about nurofen infant drops anyone used these????? Aparently you need to know the tricks around the pharmasist to get it though which she told me but i can't tell you sorry. She works in a chemist - if you don't know i can try and hint discretly......

I am going to go in the pool soon as it has been hot here today and being preggas again i need to have a relax Tayneesha loves it as well which is a good thing at least. Dhwill be home soon so he can play with her while i sit in the spa end i think!!!!

Jen - god you sound flat out girl!!! I envey all women who work and juggle family life as well. I hope yoU are getting enough sleep and Lucy is starting to understand that it is sleep time not tantrum waking up time!!! IUKWIM. I hate that when the mum word comes out but i have learnt that it is a trick, They are smart aren't they you really would never think so but geez they are.

Well i hope all well for everyone else

Take care and talk soon

jenxx

Jen,

we must have posted at the same time, school i have done that too already Peace Lutheran in Cairns we have gone for. Bins what is with that Tayneesha is the same she pulls the bin out under the change table and her nappies and plays with them then the teddy bears, i just let her go it keeps her occupied at least so cute though!

Well good luck with dinner tonight you busy bee

Jen
    x

Jen - Nurofen for children (6+ months) is available online.. so I doubt there's a secret handshake for getting some! hehe.

Well my sil is full of it then isn't she. Ill have to shoot her down as she thinks she knows it all and so good etc etc.

Sil you know what they are like or can be like.......

Thanks Liz for letting me know that!

Jen

Maybe infant drops is different? for under 6 months? I never had a need for it, so never tried to buy it. hehe. Only had panadol on hand.

Jen (mum2) - Is Tayneesha into fruit. A good thing for teething is frozen grapes....maybe not for her age due to the size of them but i was thinking like orange/manderine watermelon/rockmelon. Brad loved it when he had teeth was a bit older. It's nice cause its cold and soothing yet also something to eat so may take ger mind off the discomfort. Just don't freeze solid...kinda in the middle of cold anf frozen IYKWIM

Well. Liam has only put on 50gms his head is half a cm bigger and he is no longer since the start of November. We went to the CFHC for his check up yesterday and i told them about Dr's visit and blood tests and this lady said she didn't see the need for him to go in the first place....some consistancy please!?!?!? Anyway he is due back there at the sart of feb. So until then i will check him every now and then and home.
    The FCHC lady reckons we will have crawling action within a week or two....and the more time he has on the floor the more i think it will be sooner rather than later. He gets the cheeckiest grin when you praise his efforts and speeds up the rock and falls over...so cute!

Thats all from here, i need to do a quick santa assesment before i pick up Brad from p/school cause then we are off to the shops.

Take care

Jen - it was lovely to meet you and great to put a face to your name on sat. night. Pip and i had a great time and enjoyed the o/night stay in sydney. Liam was a bit of a terror with his sleep - i think prob. cause of being in the porta cot as he woke every few hours to have a whinge. Needless to say i had a bit of a nap when we got home yesterday to catch up on the sleep i had missed.
    I hope Lucy was well behaved for your DP and he survived the night alone with her.

Hope everyone is well!

Hi girls!

Kas - it was great to meet you too! Now I've met both you and Liz so it feels a bit less like cyber-land and a bit more like real life in here! Liam is such a little cutie, although I'm sorry he didn't sleep well for you. Lucy kinda behaved herself for DP and at least he's now gotten the hang of it, 'cause I'm going out on Friday night as well! Although I'm not sure how I'm going to time it, I need to leave a bit earlier. Hmmm... might have to convince Lucy to take a bf half an hour earlier.

Hope everyone is going well, I had to work yesterday afternoon instead of today so have a million and one things to catch up on!

Bye for now.

Hi all,

I have not posted for a while i know sorry!!!!

I have had my head in the toilet bowl for a while now and felt really crappy IUKWIM!:mad:

Well all is good at this end, confirmed all the bookings we have made ie - hire car, flights and all that you have to do before going on Hols. Oh one tyhing that really sort of shocked me is that taxis don't have baby capsuals or baby car seats they just sit on your knee with the seatbelt around you???? What happens if someone smashes into you??? Is this in every state or just QLD...... Let me know as i was a bit concerned or am i overreacting being preggas.

Anyway back to the babies, OMG Tayneesha has grown up so much my jaw has been dropping she has been standing unaided a few times in the last two days for about 5secs AHHHHHHHH!!! I am assuming the walking will happen soon? She sleeps all night now from 7-7.30pm till 6.00am which i am enjoying. She eats like a horse and is very definate in what she wants and when she wants it etc, easy for me to pick as well and makes life easier too. Her teething has been ok lately but STILL NO MORE TEETH ! I have no idea whats going on in her gums, she is just putting up with it i think now. I bought the nurofen drops too and have used it once which helped better than panadol so that was a good thing.

I have my first Ob appoint with the new bub on Thurs so fingers crossed all good and i get to know an exact date i will be due at least.....

Well thats really all for now guys i have a busy day today organising for Perth still and all that.....

Hope all of you well and i wish i got to meet you too .

jen

Mum2 - i hope all went well at your appointment yesterday and you have a more definate due date.

no time to post now we are heading out....will try to pop back in later.

OH yeah but i need to mention.......my boy has started to move in a forwards direction......it's not pretty or fast but at least it is forwards!!!!!

Hi girls,

were is everyone? christmas shopping maybe? hee hee hee

,y ob appoint for the new baby wnet well all good and healthy so far due the 26th June 07. Freaky as Tayneesha was due the 26th March 06 but came out the 22nd.....

Tayneesah has been really good for the last at least 2 weeks she has slept from 7-7.30pm till 5.30-6am so i am very happy about that indeed, plenty of rest. She has grown up so much it is just amazing and i am sure all of your bubs have as well, bubs can't really call them that now cause they are turning into tots before our eyes :eek: ! As you all know off to Perth Next Sunday. Tayneesha keeps going to this picture in the bookshelf of her nanny and grandad and pulls it out and says nananan so cute. It is the only one she will pull out. She is standing for 3-5secs unaided now and thinks she is so smart! She might start to walk soon who knows!!!

We have decided on a girls name for the new bub what does everyone think of Shayla Marie for a girl or Cailyn John for a boy or Kayden John for a boy?

YEAH KAS on your littel one moving forward a big clap to him.

Well i must go and do some washing and all the housewife stuff we have to do otherwise i will feel slack.

Hope all is well for everyone and talk soon.

Jen

Jen - Yeah, they're growing up aren't they. Tallon's almost standing on his own.. but he doesn't realise it yet thank goodness! LOL. If he realises he's not really holding on, he quickly tries to grab something and wobbles and falls down. hehe.

I love Shayla Marie! It's beautiful! Is Marie special in your family? I notice Tayneesha's middle name is Marie too.

Yay for the sleeping too. Tallon's improved..sleeps longer at night.. once we get him to sleep! He's sooooo stubborn at night now. He pretty much didn't sleep thru the day yesterday, and I thought.. ok, fair enuf, if he wants to drop a day sleep, I'm fine with that, so long as he goes to bed earlier.. but nup... 10pm he finally went to bed. It's normally 9-9.30, but with no sleep all day, let me tell you, his temper was flaring up by 10pm! LOL. But he's bright as a button and just shows no signs of being tired until he kinda snaps and says .. ok.. i'm tired now..waaaaa! He's been giving me some pretty horrid nappies the last 2 days too... so perhaps he's got more teeth moving around? who knows.

Must go... got LOTS of washing to do. Had swimming this morning, so haven't got anything done yet!

Hi everyone, Imran has new teeth - four of them!!! They popped through without much warning - about a week ago there were 2 and yesterday there were 2 more. He had a restless night last week so the teeth may have caused it - who knows. Babies are such mysterious little people lol.
    He's so fast now. He has a funny thing about not liking his knees on the carpet so if he's not in a hurry he spider crawls with his bum up in the air or cruises the furniture but if he really wants to move quickly he gets down and does the classic crawl. We have a play tunnel and Imran will spend ages in there crawling up and down and chasing Yasin.

Everyone's babies are growing up so fast. I can't believe how many teeth they have and all the milestones they're achieving. Imran doesn't even need help attaching to the boob anymore. I was feeling lazy today so I just lay down and lifted my top and he climbed on top of me and attached himself lol.

Hey Liz,

Yeah Marie is my middle name and Tayneesha's it is in the family so carring it on down the track. If it is a boy this time round the middle name wil be Dh middle name John tradition in the family IUKWIM!

Tallon might be doing what Tayneesha started to do a while back, she would go to sleep then wake up every hour screaming - as in tantrums... she has got the message now and goes to be fine which is great for us. Fingers crossed Tallon improves for you as lack of sleep is damn hard especially when hubby has work during the week and isn't there to help!Aparently they go through this stage between 8mths to two years tantrums we put a stop to it eraly it took us at least 3 nights but i tell you best thing we did cause she now knows whos boss!

Well must be off still organising for Perth and all that

Have a good weekend and will post next week sometime

Jen
    x

He's fine through the night.. settles quickly if he wakes... but it's that initial going to bed at night that is a nightmare. He's really upset - ends up with the funny breathing hiccups after crying (kwim??) poor little man. I'm hoping it's just a teething thing again... he did this a bit when he was cutting teeth.. we've had HORRID nappies, and a bit of spewing too (which he hardly ever does now), which might mean teething. He's furiously chomping on everything.. but with teeth he actually wrecks stuff now! LOL. Not sure it's a case of him not knowing I'm boss, as he doesn't settle when I pick him up atm... he's really upset even in my arms I'm happy to wait it out and see how we go, as it's not affecting my sleep - just my evenings atm! I don't want to ever resort to leaving him to cry himself to sleep, so I'm going to re-read my books on gentle methods for sleep. But like I said, he seems to have stages of it. *shrug* We'll see what happens. hehe.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast