Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #6

liz- hope Tallon is going ok with those teeth.

Abby is doing ok with those 2 side pointy ones that have just come thru. She has woken up screaming a couple of times but a trip to our bed usualy does the trick.

Not much happening with her at the moment. Getting closer to crawling. Saying some new sounds but still now words.

Ran into a mum i was in hospital with at one stage. Anyway, her bub is just a month older than Abby and shes doing all these clever things like saying mum, dad, good girl, ta and she is almost walking.

Its kinda hard not to think that maybe we are doing something wrong with Abby. Im trying to encourage her and im trying not to do the mistakes my mum and sister tell me im doing... like giving in to her when she wants something. Apparently if i hold off long enough she will say what she wants ??

bit of a boo hoo really. I dont feel like a very good mum right now. Poor little chicken.

Anyway, on a happy note, i have a job assessment on tuesday. Its just call centre work but its good money, just under what i was making at my last job but this is part time. 5-10pm or 4-9pm. I hope i get it. I dont even have a bank account anymore!! I will be a real person again!!

Ok, well Abby is having a holiday with mum and dad tonight. I dont want her to go. It was organized because we weren ment to be going out for my sisters b day but she changed it to yesterday so we didnt go. Mum would be crushed if i said she wasnt coming to stay. I spose Tim and i could go to the movies and out for dinner...

ok im going to go now before i spread too much doom and gloom.

Take care everyone
    xx em

AWw Emz - don't worry about Abby. She'll talk when she's good and ready. Just be sure to talk normally to her, not in baby babble iykwim. Tallon doesn't talk either.. he does say mamama and dadada, not sure if he means it tho? Altho, he does call out to me when he's crying, so he possibly means it then. hehe.

As for not giving in.. i'm struggling a bit with this too! Tallon's taken to arching his back and yelling (not quite a tantrum) when he wants something. I try to wait for him to make a nice sound and give it to him then.. but it's hard. So i try and just "say" what it is he wants "would you like that bottle?" before giving it to him, as I know he just doesn't know how to ask yet. It's a tough one. I'm persevering with signing.. and I'm hoping that'll click with him soon. He's started clapping his hands and things the last week or so, so now that he's doing things like that with his hands, I'm hoping he'll start signing. Its supposed to break down that communication barrier a bit and reduce tantrums. But like I said he's not tantruming, it's just his way of asking at the moment.

Enjoy your night off.. definitely go to dinner and a movie or something

wow, where to start......so much to catch on!

Well done to all thosae bubbas crawling, cruising furniture and pulling themselves up. I hope the teeth are all coming in with few disturbances and not interupting sleep and eating patterns.
    Em - go with what you feel is right and how you feel you want to parent- there is not really a right or wrong way. Let people give advice and just choose to do what you and DP think is best for Abs.

Liam has progressed (when he feels like it) to some sort of crawl with a knee and a foot like shuffle. it is only when he feels the need to be in hurry to what ever looks exciting on the floor in front of him. But he usually ends up finishing with the comando type slide!!!
    Still no teeth...not that i am expecting any anytime soon as i said before Brad was just after his 1st birthday.
    lota of babbling and singing but still mainly..dadada, bub bub bub and ai ai ai.
    B/f 3 times a day except for friday when i forgot to the lunch/afternoon tea one, then wondered why i felt full and tingly before his last feed...... i felt soooo bad, but i don't even think he noticed. no biting going on hear though thank god.
    He is eating everything......loves vegemite toast/sandwiches, yoghurt, fruit-all types, mashed/chopped veges, backed beans, meat and the list goes on. He has three propper meals and a snack or two.

Liam definately doesn't like me saying no to him. he gets a little grin as though to say "you don't really mean it" and it takes a few times to get the message across that i mean business. occassionally we have tears but usually he stops.

Brad had a good birthday. we had a quiet one on thursday and had his party last night (in the rain -in the garage and in the house) and today its beautiful...no rain...no clouds...typical!!!!

anyway gotta fly presents to play with from the party and stuff to assemble.

Take care

Hi girls!

Now, where is everyone?? Hopefully you've gotten the Xmas shopping under control, I still have DP's present, one friend and the dogs' to buy for. Tomorrow... Lucy and I are booked to fly to Qld Xmas night to stay with my Mum and back on NY day. So we get two lots of present opening!! We have a family of close friends coming over for Xmas lunch, so we're going to have a very busy day. Thankfully I have a few weeks off work and am thoroughly enjoying being able to plan my time to suit me and Lucy and not work for a change.

Lucy has gotten the hang of balancing while standing now and even took her hands off whatever she was holding onto a few times on Friday. She can pull herself up behind her little push-along walker thingy and not lose it too far forward by putting all of her weight on it. And finally, breakthrough with sleeping!!! The last few days she's not made a peep from going down until we're awake and making a noise in the morning!! Hallelujah!! My bbs have been enormously full in the morning again, but that's a small price to pay for that extra couple of hours sleep without interruption.

Lucy had a bit of a fever yesterday and was really whingey and clingy but seems okay today. Must have had a touch of something. She took an extra couple of naps too. Wasn't off her food, which would have been very serious for Lucy! She's such a pig now.

Hope everyone else and bubbas are doing well. Look forward to hearing all of your plans for Xmas!

Cheers

Oh cool, my new avatar is here! Although *sob* it's all too true that my baby isn't so little any more...

I just came in here to comment on your Avatar Jennifer! LOL. I've been meaning to email my changes thru, but might as well wait now, as she's not doing them til new year I don't think.

Hello Everyone!!

Well yes it's been a very long time but I am still around just no time for BB for a long time. I have been doing quite a bit of work from home plus we have our house on the market from this week plus we have bought a section to build on in 2007, so unfortunately not much time for much else!

Well where to start? Noah is great, not crawling but close - sounds like what Abby is doing Emz! He has two middle bottom teeth and two side top teeth with the top middle teeth not far away, looks like he has wee fangs at the moment. Still breastfeeding although he eats pretty good most of the time - I try not to stress too much about that! Have had a big problem with constipation since he started solids and still not really resolved, although he is on coloxyl at the moment which is kind of helping.

Since 5.5 months he has woken in the night for a feed, sometimes more than once! But what do you do? It's easier to feed him and he goes back to sleep without much fuss.

He was 8.8kg at the last weigh in so his growth has slowed alot lately - probably a good thing though! He has almost doubled his birth weight in 9 months.

I will have a proper catch up soon but just so you know I am still around and thinking of you all.

Take care
    Amy & Noah

Hi Amy!

Good to hear from you and Noah. Sounds like he's doing really well and you've been super-busy. Know the feeling! Wow, I thought he'd be bigger by now, but at least he won't completely tower over all of the other kids!

Weighed Lucy the other day and she's 7.9 kg clothed and 71 cm long. Not bad for a baby that started out at 2.56 kgs, she's tripled her birth weight!

Hope you have a little more time to check in and tell us how you're doing. Good luck with the new house in 2007!!

Hi to everyone else as well.

Hi girls, a quick message from my family to yours

HAPPY CHRISTMAS and Best Wishes for 2007.

:P I hope you all enjoy the festive season and what it means to your family. Lets show these new bubs of ours what it's all about. I know Liam wil love the paper more than anything as he is our resident junk mail destroyer!!!

This will be a great xmas for us as DH is not working at all!!! He has worked at some point of the day or night for every one of Brad's xmas's, this will be the first one we will have him all day and night

Hello, you must all be very busy enjoying the festive season and all those new toys your bubbas got. I hope you all had a great xmas and didn't eat to much... .....i did!!!! I got sooo much chocolate it will take me a month to eat it .
    DH kept asking me what i wanted and i kept giving the same response " I want my house" so DH borrowed a friends DD's little people house and wrapped it for me. It was such a nice thought....hopefully only 5 months and i really will have my house.

Anyways, i should go......work in the morning.....stupid sales mean we will be very busy:evil:

Love to all

Ok, so i have come to the conclusion everyone has left march baby buddies and are now meeting up in a far off planet . LOL .

Hi Amy, it sounds as though you and Noah are doing well, and hopefully you will be able to visit us more often in here. It has become a rather smallish group so its not like when you log on you have pages to catch up..which is good i think.

Emz - is Abs crawling yet or still just hanging about??

Liz - how did the teeth go coming through? hopefully not to much trouble for you both.

Jen - I hope you are enjoying the break with your family and that QLD is giving you beautiful weather. Can't wait ti hear about it on your return.

During the days leading up to xmas whilst i was at work DH told me that Liam started to pull himself up on the coffee table and thinks he is extremely clever to be able to get part way around it. He would much prefer to grab hold of something or someones hands and stand and to try walking which he loves to do than to crawl which would explain why he still looks so unco when he slides/crawls along. But he is happy and thinks its wonderful now that he can get into Brads room and play cars or come and find us to make sure we haven't forgotten him. So cute!!!

He has also started to say mumma and mum mum...finally.... and also loves to look at pictures of himself and Brad mainly. He is still doing the double take in front of the mirror. He has known it is himself for a while now but still likes to double check that we are in fact holding him by looking at us directly...like the mirror could be tricking him IYKWIM.

Hi to everyone else...that is if you aren't all on that other planet i suspect you have all run off to. Ha ha, and hope to talk to you soon....i'm getting kinda lonely :frown:

Hi girls!!!!

Sorry you've been so lonely in here, Kas!! I just got back yesterday and have now reappeared from below the pile of washing and Xmas tree decorations that needed to be taken care of. Happy to say we had a lovely time, although DP was thoroughly in the doldrums after being left for so long. Very happy to see us back yesterday. If he had a tail like our dogs I think it would still be wagging now...

Thankfully the weather in Brisbane was very mild, only the last two days a bit warmer. Lucy loved all the attention and after a day of getting used to a strange house happily explored everything she could get herself into. We shopped and took a couple of small excursions, but mostly just enjoyed the time with Nana.

What's Lucy up to now? Well, she pulls herself up all of the time and can walk behind a push-along toy or little doll's stroller very proficiently. She just figured out how to steer it yesterday as well, but can't quite figure out why it won't go through the gates (bar at the bottom holds her up). She is eating everything in sight and has progressed from one weetbix in the morning to one weetbix and some vegemite toast. She has stated eating leftovers from our dinner without too much cutting up as well. She loves fruit, cherries were added to the menu last week and I can't get the pips out fast enough for her. Sandwiches are lots of fun, we're trying avocado today. She seems to prefer the crust to the rest and that's the first bit that disappears down the hatch. She is still having about four bf a day. She'll be happily playing before her morning and afternoon naps and come over to me trying to climb up when it's time for a feed. She does the same thing when she's sleepy. She's certainly not a baby anymore, she's behaving like a toddler.

I've noticed a lot more copying of things I do and say too. When I say 'wee' flying her in the air, she copies it almost exactly. I can hear her when she's gone into another room and is 'exploring' as she chatters away to herself and she gets all excited if she finds something new (that's the tip-off to check what she's into this time!). She's also very good with picking up tiny things off the floor or highchair, had to be very careful with toy packaging at Xmas. There's a lot less being put in her mouth, she seems to prefer studying it instead. And she loves music, she got a Wiggles DVD for Xmas and sat there waving her arms and thumping her legs for about 15 minutes. She's also started giving 'kisses' on cue, to either her dolly or me usually! It's so cute, she bobs forward, mouth open and plants one fair on your cheek!!!

Well, that's enough of us. How was everyone else's Xmas? Liz, I know you're around somewhere, how are you and Tallon and when is moving day?

Kas, how are the house plans coming along? Did you get to enjoy Xmas with DH?

Amy, how was Xmas in NZ?

Em, hope Abby is doing well, is she off crawling yet?

Jen, are you back from WA yet? How's the pg going?

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you and next exciting thing is our babies' first birthdays in a little while!!!!! Scary thought, isn't it?!
    Last edited by Jennifer13; January 2nd, 2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Added something

Hi every body.

I have been so slack not coming in here for ages. I hope every one had an enjoyable holiday season.
    So much has happened with my Cailan since I was last in! He is crawling, pulling himself up onto things, sitting up properly and starting to walk along things. He has been clapping for a while but now if you clap then he copies you. So cute. His exzema is still hanging around but it is pretty good, (thanks Liz!!!). DS1 has been picking him up and carrying him around, bit dangerous sometimes, he wants Cailan to play in the cubby house with him. DS2 is a little grub! He has this thing for water and likes to lay in the cat and dogs water/food. I have caught him eating the dog biscuits a few times too. I am looking into getting my tubes reversed. No more kiddies for me, DH is getting the snip. I am just in to much pain during my period and when I ovulate. It is like being in labour!!! Plus a few other things I am worried are being affected the TL.
    DH and I are going to blessed with a nephew from my sister and a neice or nephew from his brothers fiance. How lucky are we!!
    I don't have much other news right now but I hope I can get the catch up from everyone sometime!

Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Kas - How is Liam's weight gain going?

Hi Steph!

Congrats on being an aunty twice over soon. My oldest gf who I have known since I was 8 is having a bub in June and we find out boy or girl on Thurs. This will be like being an aunty for me too, since we grew up together (were neighbours). I'm very excited!!!

Haha at DS2 and the dog biscuits. Fortunately our dogs never leave anything in their food bowls, but I'm constantly getting Lucy away from the water bowl. It's a Lucy-magnet whenever she's nearby! Good luck with the reversal of the TL. Sorry you've had troubles.

I am starting to get mooshy feelings about having another baby and am very glad we've made a definite decision so I can't change my mind just yet!!! Anyone else who's not pg/trying feeling the same way? I'm wondering if it's because Lucy is now moving into the next stage, out of babyhood.

Yay i have friends again!!!!!!!

Jen i am so glad you and Lucy had a good holiday. I am still LOL at your DP and picturing him waging his tail. I am sure Lucy was glad to see daddy after her time away! It sounds as though she is almost walking by herself. She must look so cute walking behing the pram. I see what you mean about your baby growing up. I thought another bub would be nice the other day....for a minut second and then snapped myself back into reality. Two is it for us, which is why i am still BF and enjoying my snuggles when Liam goes to sleep.

Steph - sounds as if you have your hands full. Cailan seems to be coming along in leaps and bounds and i am glad his excema is imporving. Liam is due for an official way in at the start of next month but DH weighrd him at home the other day and said he was 6.7 kg with a nappy and singlet. So it is slowly increasing

Ok. bed time for one little man......glad to have some of yuo back from the far off planet. Ha ha.

Hey guys - I have been in and out of BB, but not much time! We've moved house, but are still moving bits and pieces from mums. The office is still setup at mums at the moment, so I've ducked in here whilst packing (norty norty hehe).

looks like everyone's bubs are growing up. Can't really give you a complete run down on us, but Tallon now has 8 teeth (can't remember the last update I gave you on teeth LOL) and he's still walking along the furniture. He runs if DH chases him! LOL - very funny to watch. He laughs and almost panics trying to get away.

Jen13 - Tallon STILL puts EVERYTHING in his mouth and he's been chewing on the corners of the cardboard boxes from packing ARGH! We're trying to setup a gate, so he's locked in the family room. LOL. There's a joining piece missing tho, so I have to wait! Tallon goes quiet when he's found something, that's how I know he's up to something! heheh.

Tallon is a downright PAIN when it comes to nappy changes now... almost tantrums! As soon as I lie him down, he cries and cries and cries. He wriggles to get away and it's exhausting Hopefully he'll get over it soon. We've actually had a few great nights of sleeping (in bed with us) which is good, coz we're all so tired from moving. We'll set up his room tonight, and hopefully he'll sleep ok in there. We can but try!

Anyway - i AM here, and will endeavour to visit the buddies more often! Sorry!

Take care everyone, must go and take a car load up to the house whilst mum & Tallon are asleep on the couch. LOL.

Oh! I almost forgot - we splurged in the after xmas sales We bought a 50" plasma TV, and a home theatre sound system! :eek: Very exciting tho! LOL. Oh - and we've bought a heap of furniture too - since we only ever had a 2 seater sofa bed and a small dining table... so now we'll have 2 new lounges, matching coffee table/ent unit/dining setting etc. Yay for fantastic furniture's dodgy packages! LOL. We didn't want to spend a fortune (altho we still spent quite a bit!) because we're still renting, but we're getting some nice stuff yay! Anyway.. that's a our big news. Hopefully my next piece of news will be a bfp! LOL (altho.. not officially trying until March!)

Congrats on moving Liz!!! And yay, it's 2007!!! I hope to hear happy news soon. Bet DH loves that plasma. My DP went and bought himself a whole system the month before we fell pg and thanks his lucky stars that he did, or else we would never have splashed out that much! Worth it though, 'cause we spend so much time at home. Lucy loves the Wiggles on the big screen! OMG at Tallon's teeth!! Lucy still only has 2. And I hear you on the nappy changes. I have heaps of little things on the change table and grab a handy container she hasn't played with before to try to distract her, but it's not always effective. Just as well the poos are usually 'flushable' or she'd be spreading them around with the wriggling!

Kas, bet it's nice not to be alone in here. Good on Liam for slowly putting on weight. 'Fraid his little light friend Lucy has decided to match it with the bigger kids now, she still looks very petite, but has surged ahead in height and is now somewhere over 8kgs. Light for her age, but not short, if that makes any sense.

My little man has worked out how to suck his spaghetti or noodles into his mouth if they are hanging out and does it with such charm!!! This is also the only time he wil perk his lips up and give what looks like kisses, he won't do it any other time....so i give him lots of noo noo's or sketti just so i can see him do both his new tricks.
    Brad is getting annoyed as Liam frequently takes himself into his room and pulls his cars and trucks out from under his bed so he can play. He is so fascinated by wheels and cars/trucks that have friction. My baby is dissapearing and becoming a toddler.....all to soon i say

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast