Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #6

Liz, it can be so hard when your baby cries and it feels like you can't help them. Just try and remember it will pass and that lots of other people all over the world are going through the exact same thing. I think you're doing a great job - little Talllon knows that you're there for him when he's upset which IMO is a great lesson. I think that if our babies feel that they can always look to us for help when they get older and have more difficult desicions to make they'll be in the habit of knowing that they can trust us so they will feel more comfortable asking for our advice IYKWIM.
    Imran is the boss of our house ROFL and so far its working great. Its so rare that he wakes up in the night and when he does I just give him a cuddle and a bit of boob and he goes back to sleepy land in a flash.

Thanks Dach. My mum told me off for picking him up once... she said he stopped crying as soon as I picked him up, so he's learnt that he just has to cry to be picked up! LOL - well.. yeah.. if he needs me, that's the only way he knows how to communicate at the moment! Am I supposed to wait until he politely asks "mummy... can I please have a cuddle?" pfft. LOL.

We were just talking this morning about how he doesn't look only 9 months old. And how he's such a little boy now. It's amazing watching him learn and grow. And he sooooo understands what goes on around him. He now knows not to crawl towards the shoes and chomp on them... if he heads that way.. he sits up and turns around and looks at me waiting for me to say "no". hehehe. So smart I said to DH, see - we just have to be consistent.. and he learns! If we were to let him climb into all the shoes and chew on them just once.. he probably wouldn't remember all the "no's" we given him for it.

OMG - how hot is it today??! It feels hotter than those 40 degree days I reckon! must be more humid. Getting lots and lots of washing done and dried tho

Take care everyone!

OK.. in another thread I was recommended The Wonder Weeks book..so I read the excerpt on amazon - and yup! we're in the middle of a developmental leap right now! I had to adjust Tallon's "age" because he was 2-3 wks early. That's amazing! I'm gonna get this book, coz it goes on to talk about each leap and how to help them through it. Yay! He's not crying for no reason! (not that I ever thought he was )

ETA: the next one is at 42-46 weeks So brace yourselves girls! LOL.

Hi All!

Sorry I haven't been in much lately, it is hard to get a minute to myself when we live in the same house as the PIL's. We haven't DTD for ages, but our 4 year wedding anniversary is on Thursday, 14th December so Friday night we will be going out and maybe we will have to 'park', it's like we are teenagers!
    My boys are all going well. DS1 is starting to speak a lot more now there are four adults around him. His fave saying lately is Merry Christmas. Quite funny.
    DS2 is getting more adventurous and finally went down the slippery dip by himself, it was so exciting for us. Here comes the indepence.
    Cailan is crawling and also trying to pull himself up onto things. I don't think he will crawl for very long, the other two run around him all the time and he wants to run with them.
    :frown: I am having the worst pains right in the middle my cycle, it is like labour pains, I have never had anything like this during my cycle before. I have never even suffered from period pain but when my period comes around it is agony. I hope it is nothing to do with the tubal clips.

Jen13 - Your pic of Lucy is just gorgeous. Are you looking forward to her first Christmas?
    Jen - You look like you are getting into the spirit of Christmas, your pic is beautiful. How's the morning sickness going? We thought of Caden when I was pregnant with Cailan, our first pick was Miller but then on the way to hospital we changed our minds, plus I wanted to have an ABC theme. Now everytime I go out somewhere and people ask my youngest's name and I say Cailan they think he is a girl!!!
    Liz - I hope things with Tallon are going better for you. Thanks so much for the soaps btw, Cailan's skin is so much better, it is the best he has been for months. Hardly any trace of the eczema.

Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Hi girls, still here just flat out ATM. WE are all well. Brads birthday on thursday so i am busy organising that and finishing xmas shopping. Iwill try to get in to post in next few days.

Huga and kisses to all.

:eek: Imran bit my boob!!! Naughty little monkey - I hope he doesn't do it again.

LOL Dach - sorry, I know it's not funny.. I've been bitten too! but your post made me laugh!

Well - our sleeping problems now include the fact that he's rolling himself over all the time now, and sitting up - even when he's asleep - and this wakes him up! *sigh*. LOL. So I think we're in for a couple of nights now of him working out that he can move around and stay asleep! Oh well.

Gotta go, mr crankypants wants me.

Hi girls!

Sorry I've been so slack, had HEAPS of work in the last busy period to Xmas but all seems to be going quiet now so I'll be back to getting my BB fix on a daily basis!!

LOL Dach at Imran biting your bb. Lucy hasn't done that to me yet, although she did have a nibble on my shoulder a couple of months ago. Her 2nd tooth just came through on the weekend, or at least, that's when I first noticed it. Lucy's thing is pinching the skin under my arm when she's falling asleep or feeding. Ouchies! She's decided crawling is not anywhere near as much fun as standing, so she pulls herself up on everything, even the wall. The steps are starting to come so I think she'll be like I was as a bub and walking by 10 mths.

Liz - Lucy has been the same when she wakes up during the night, although not really any trouble to get down. I figured it was developmental 'cause it started so suddenly and has almost stopped completely now. Hearing her call out to me when she didn't settle quickly was annoying and heartbreaking all at once! I don't leave her to cry either, I hate the idea she's alone in her cot in the dark and doesn't know where I am. All she wants is a little cuddle and she's fine... All I want is a little more uninterrupted sleep, but I guess I'm not the boss here either!

Kas - a huge happy bday to Brad on the weekend! Gosh, it won't be long until Liam's bday either now, just a couple of months. Are you doing something fun with Brad?

Jen - hope Xmas with your family goes well and the morning sickness is easing up for you. Love the Xmas pic, great family shot!

Lucy cut out another bf this morning, the usual 11:15am one. She's ditched her 7am feed in favour of breakfast (one whole weetbix mixed with water and EBM - she must have overheard you, Kas, at the dinner and decided 1/2 wasn't enough!) and now it looks like she's ditching another so she can fit more lunch in. She's such a pig, I have no idea where she puts it all! She eats so many things just like a person now, banana, watermelon, biscuits, corn/rice cakes, sausage, meat, *sob*, where has my baby gone?! I was feeling a little emotional on the drive to work when she didn't want a bf before I left... Much too interested in playing. Don't know how I'll cope when she ditches it all together! Let's hope it's a way off.

Steph - hope you guys have a lovely wedding anniversary. We only have one baby and DTD seems to have taken a complete back seat (haha, no pun intended) atm. I keep promising myself I'll make more of an effort every evening, but then I get to bed and can't be bothered! Poor DP, lucky I'm going to be working a lot less for a month!

Well, must go, time for Lucy's bath and DP is working a little later tonight so it's my turn.

Hope everyone is well!

Great to hear from you Jen13! <-- need to differentiate between you both now! hehe.

Wow at Lucy's eating! LOL. Isn't milk still supposed to be their main diet tho up to 12 months? I might look it up again myself. I always give Tallon a bf before food... or at least make sure he's had a bf some time before he gets food. But we've progressed onto bigger better finger foods now... I plucked up the courage to let him have some. And he eats it like pro - and coughs up any chokes like a pro too! LOL. He loves fruit (except banana - but that's ok.. they're expensive! LOL) and he has a biscuit now and then. He's had meat, but only with his mashed up vegies.. I was considering giving him a sausage to munch and squish everywhere tonight. LOL. I swear half of the food ends up in the highchair rather than his tummy!

We don't have a biting prob at the moment with feeding.. it's a yanking off the boob without releasing the suction problem! it HURTS! My nipples have taken a bit of a beating the last week or so No cracks or anything yet.. but I'm waiting for them! Tell you what... it'll be nice to have a little newborn suckling again for a change. LOL. I was thinking the other day how different feeds are now compared to back then.

OK.. better go and think about dinner.

Oooo Liz, thinking about a newborn again, I guess you're really serious about #2 now!

Lucy still has four feeds a day, even cutting out the 11:15 am feed. I know I've got heaps of milk at each feed, she must be having about a litre a day. As far as I know she's been having more than most other bf bubs up until now. She only cut out the breakfast feed a couple of weeks ago. She has one at pre-5am, one at 8-8:30am, then at 4:30pm and 7pm. The one at 11am was b4 I leave to work (only 2 days a week, but I thought it would be easier on her if she wasn't used to feeding while I'm gone...). But it's been up to her really.

Gotta go, dinner time!

Sounds like heaps I can't even give times for when Tallon feeds... at the moment it's all day! and all night!

Well, Abby and I feel a bit behind the times. Shes not crawling, talking and not even considering cruising the furniture!

We do have 2 more teeth tho.. those big sharp ones on the sides up the top.. is this cross cutting? still no middle top ones... just middle bottom and these 2 new ones.

As for food, eating anything really. Still has 3 and sometimes 4 bottles tho.

With the crawling, shes can get around, i just dont know how she does it... even when im watching her do it i still cant figure it out. She goes to crawl from a seating prosition, one leg gets stuck under her and the other one goes behind her like it should... she rocks back and forward and then some how moves or starts sooking. weird, but she wont stop doing it so im guessing shes going to figure it out very soon.

anyway, i have to run, the xmas tree is up and ready to decorate. yes its very late!

take care everyone,

xx em and abby apples

Emz - that's what Tallon was doing! Abby will be crawling before you know it. CHERISH the rest of the time you have without her on the go! LOL. omg.. it completely changes everything! And you MUST get a photo of her with 2 bottom teeth and 2 top side teeth. hehe... that'll be so cute.

Well, I'm deciding whether to stay up and do graveyard shift (get some work done into the night) or go to bed now and get up early to work. Think I'm leaning towards going to bed. Know what they say.. an hr before midnight is worth 2 in the morning! Think an early night will do me wonders.

Oh - update on Tallon - he's going to sleep easier now... no more tantrums (for now) ... just gotta work on getting him to stay asleep. Like I said earlier, he's moving around in his sleep now and waking himself up.

Mum reckons he's teething again... coz he's sooooo cranky today. He'll have a short happy play, then snap into a miserable little man. And sometimes when he chews on things he cries as if it's hurt him... so she's probably right that his teeth are coming. Don't know which tho? Can't see them. Tho I can never see them until they've actually cut thru anyway.

OK.. bed time! Night!

Hi girls

Great to hear from you Em, and Abby sounds like she's doing just fine. She'll be taking off in no time.

Proud Mummy moment - got to flush Lucy's poo down the loo for the first time this morning!! They've been pretty solid up to now, but not 'removable' from the nappy, iykwim. Oh the things that tickle my fancy now!!! LOL

Well, I'm off to finish Lucy's lunch and then we're going to the movies to see Charlotte's Web.

Woohoo Jen! LOL. Gosh I've been flushing poos for ages! but then I use cloth, so have 'dealt' with poo for about 8 months now! hehe.

Ooooh! I want to see Charlottes Web! Let us know how it is Are you going to a mums & bubs session? I'd love to know how they work too.. and if the bubs are distracting! LOL. I wonder if they have the sound quieter.. I'd be worried about the volume.

LOL Liz, you and your kids movies! It was good actually, and hardly anyone in the cinema. I've been to a few sessions with Lucy, she behaves perfectly and usually sleeps for half. Today there were only about a dozen other Mums there. At Macquarie the Babes in Arms session is in the Silver Screen theatre, so comfy seats and everything. And it's still only $8.50, bargain!

I did just about the rest of my Xmas shopping afterwards, nothing really left now. Just one or two friends who I can't decide what to get for (but some are DP's so I think that should be up to him!). Getting very excited about going to Carols in the Domain on Saturday night, Lucy's first Carols!

Well, must go finish my Xmas cards (using Lucy's pic, same as in her ticker). Hope you're all having a great evening.

hehehe I know I love kids movies. Poor Tallon is gonna get dragged to all the girly ones too. LOL. But I haven't been to a movie since - I can't remember!!

Well, we're getting a new tooth. I knew it! LOL. I knew he couldnt' be this restless at night for no reason! It's the bottom left tooth. I felt it last night. Still was grizzly through the night last night, but is sound asleep at the moment. Hopefully it'll ease up soon.

OK - scratch that - we're getting TWO teeth! The 2 bottom side teeth are breaking through. Poor little man

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast