Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #7

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls I am keeping an eye on you! heheheh I am just struggling a bit at the moment with a shocker of a headcold, so most of my replies are pretty short!

I will definately pop in and let you know what we are having.

Steph, I have missed a fair bit, are you having your tubes reversed to have another bub?

I am in the middle of toilet training Campbell, it was going really well for a couple of weeks, but have alot of accidents at the moment. Did you find that?

Hi girls.
    I'm having my tubes reversed for health reasons. The Dr. thinks I might have something called Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. Fancy word for saying that the clips aren't a good option for me. I have had so many problems since having them clipped. The biggest one for me to begin with was my milk drying up but now I am having so many other problems ie: with my periods and ovulating. Plus, menopause-like symptoms. It isn't very pretty. I haven't even had a period this month, overdue for it and I just want to be regular again. DH doesn't want any more babies now, he would've liked a girl at one stage but he has changed his mind saying he is happy with our beautiful boys. I am too, maybe I will always wonder but no more is the right thing for us. I will probably go for an IUD, any tips on which is a good one?

Relle ~ I have been training DS1 since before Cailan was born. He is still having accidents, we went away to Bundaberg and things kind of came unstuck with the long dist. travel. He was going so well, finally got the idea that poo goes in the toilet and now he is having poo accidents in his undies. I think we may have had a breakthrough yesterday, he pooed in his undies and then he started crying and telling me it was "nucky" (his word for yucky). So we'll have to see how he goes today. The key is peserverence don't you reckon?

Must dash, talk to you all soon.

Hi girls,

Well we have wonderful weather up in cairns today. Yeah! I have been out in the garden and dh can mow it when he gets home. the grass up here grows fast in the wet season you can basically watch it grow. LOL!

Well we are still awaiting a reply to our dealing on a block of land so i suppose no news is good news! Gosh we actually feel as if we are getting somewhere for when we retire. It is a good feeling thats for sure.

Jimsteph - :hugs: to you and i can not imagine what you are going through. It must be very frustrating for you as well as trying to run a household and to deal with your own personal things it must be stressful for you. If you need to vent you know that we are all here for you.

Your toilet training with DS sounds hilarious! How can you not laugh they are just so gorgeous at that age and learning, so inicent and when they finally get the idea it is just the best thing ever for them. Good luck though with it all and i am sure one day he will just go off and do a wee wee and poo poo all by himself and tell you with this huge big grin/smile on his face. Its like a huge reward for them! LOL
    WELL DONE ON THE WIEGHT LOSS AS WELL, KEEP GOING GIRL! YOU SEXY MUMMY YOU! LOL

Emz - haven't heard from you for a while. How are things going with your littlie (Abby), any luck on the settling at night at all? Hope to hear from you soon so that you can tell us how things are going.

Relle - A BIG CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY , you must be so happy and excited at the same time. You must let us know if it is going to be pink or blue if you do find out otherwise we could all have a date guess when it will arrive and if it is going to be a boy or girl.

Jen13- Gosh Lucy sounds so grown up Jen. You are a great friend to have thats for sure by the sounds of things. That must have been very interesting to listen to and see what they had to say and all of that. Lol about Lucy that is just so cute really. Poor darling she probably didn't know what was going on.

Tayneesha and i are donig great thanks, we have now advanced to waving goodbye to people and a littel bit of signing as well! Not as much as Liz though.

Daycare Tayneesha loves, aparently she is like mother hen in the nursery and just adores babies and will go up to them and stroke them on the head and give cuddles. LOL. I cried leaving her there the frist day but got over it as she loved it so much. She is also learning a heap of things as well from the older toddlers so she is growing up fast - Too fast i think. Ahhh!! She loves boys and likes to play with everyone really but she loves boys - DH not happy bout that one as too young to start that yet. Lol

Tayneesha is going to be a big sister we are having another girl! She will just love to be a big sister just to see her at Daycare with the little babies is just adorable and amazing at how gentle she is with them as if she knows! We can't wait till she arrives. We have chosen the name Shayla Marie as well for her. The nursery is almost done just need to get a wardrobe and a double pram and its all done, so organised really. Bonus as well for us as we have already got everything it saves money too! The main thing we wanted to know was it (she) healthy and growing correctly and all is 100% ok.

Well must be off and will BBL probably next week some time.

jen

Congratulations Jen, on having another little girl!!!! How exciting for you! It'll be lovely for Tayneesha to have little Shayla so close to her in age. I bet they become the best of friends.

I believe Relle is going to find out on Monday, so can't wait to hear if she's having a girl or boy as well.

Thanks Jen (mum2). I know I can vent in here, it is good especially when I don't see much of my friends here, we are all so busy with our children. When we do catch up I don't want to ruin the time talking about problems. CONGRATS ON HAVING ANOTHER GIRL!!! How exciting for you! Are you keeping the same middle name for them as a family thing? You know that Cailan can be a girls name too? lol, just a thought. One of the moderators is Cailin. Thats where I got the idea for Cailan's name from. It is quite funny toilet training. He has done a poo all by himself, but he has forgotten that poo goes in the toilet. I have to remind him now. Oh well, he'll get there. No point in putting pressure on him, he will go back wards completely. I did read in a book that boys are a lot harder to train then girls, (that should be some comfort to you!) and sometimes they can take until they are 5 or 6 to be fully trained. I hope it doesn't take that long with mine, there are 3 of them to get through afterall!
    Love to all mums and bubs. Talk later.

Hi All.
    We had a lovely day on Sunday celebrating DS2's birthday, we went to the park with some friends and their children, the kids all had a great time eating choccy cake and getting very messy. I couldn't beleive DS2, he was so funny, he was covered in dirt but still shoved handfuls of chips into his mouth. DH just laughed, I guess a bit more dirt won't hurt him. He actually sits under the egde of the house and digs into the dirt, finding the soft, wet dirt that he likes to eat, he comes out with dirt all aorund his mouth. It is red dirt so his clothes are stained too. I am not worried, I just wish he would eat more food!! Anyhow, I need bed, extremely painful periods atm, just horrible. Sleep tight all mums and bubs.

Hi girls, just thought I would pop in and let you know that we are having another boy! So three boys, my house will be chaos for the next 25 years! Oh my!

I can smeel pooey bums, so had better change them, but will pop back in later!

Oh congrats Relle! You'll be a much loved mum by all your boys

Not much news on our front. Still trying to walk unassisted, no new baby signs yet.. he just does the one sign for everything atm, but apparently this is common, and is a good thing coz he knows he can tell me things with his hands.. he just has to co-ordinate the different signs now. Umm... teeth - no more yet.. the way he chews on things is like his gums are itchy hehe.. so I dunno what's going on.

We're getting portraits done today down by the river. Mum gave us the session as an anniversary present back in Sept!! We couldn't tee up a time for us to do it as family, and the photographer is 30wks pg, so we decided to just use it up on Tallon. hehe. So we're gonna have some nice photos taken. Hope it's not too wet down by the river this arvo tho.

OK, gotta run... got sooooooooo much washing to catch up on coz of the rain. Don't quite know how I'm going to dry it.. but I need to wash! Cya!

Congrats Relle!!!! Looks like we are going to have even more in common: 3 little boys, 3 and under. How are you feeling about it? If you want to have a chat anytime, feel free.

Thanks Steph! I am amazed at how there the boys all seem to come in 3s!

Thanks so much for the offer to chat. I must admit I am feeling a little down about not having a girl, but more because I am pretty sure this will be our last, and I would have really liked to be able to experience both Boys and girls ykwim.

This pregnancy was a surprise as well, so to then have a girl would have made the shock actually exciting I think.

Don't get me wrong I know I will be happy when he is born, just taking a little adjusting to that is all!

I can't remember where abouts you are located? I am in Melbourne.

Jen - Congratulations on another little girl you clever chook! Too late know, but I should have asked you what you do to get girls! LOL

Liz - Goodluck with the TTCing hun, Thanks for your congrats, I guess I will just have to be a great mum so my boys do dote on me! hehehehehe

Well we have also had renos done to our 2 bedroom house to make it into 3 bedrooms, so things have been crazy here, not to mention living with the ILs for a couple of weeks! Never again! If we have to move out for more renos, we will be going to a motel! LOL

Hope everyone is well, look forward to catching up on all of your news!

Hi girls

Relle - congrats again on your little man. He'll probably grow up and do something spectacular or be the easiest of all three of your boys. How are you going with names? Btw, our 'trick' (don't know if it can be called that, since we weren't trying) to have a girl with Lucy was to DTD a fair bit in the week I Oed. Altho, having said that, no one in my family seems to have many boys, so maybe genetics were there as well.

Liz - hope the portrait session went well. You'll have to post some on your site so we can all have a look. What a great gift from your Mum!

Steph - you poor thing, hope you're feeling better today. LOL at DS2, boys are so cute!! I dearly hope my next child is a boy, altho I won't be disappointed if I have a girl again either. Just would love to bring up one of each, IYKWIM.

Well, don't know if I've reported on Lucy much. She has three teeth now and the fourth is about to come through. All on the bottom (so much for the top teeth supposedly coming next). She now walks around very proficiently and has picked up a bit of speed as well. Yesterday she almost ran she was going so fast and bumped straight into a box before falling backwards, flat on her back! She fell in slow motion (didn't hurt herself), DP and I nearly wet ourselves we laughed so hard (she thought it was hilarious and lay on the floor giggling). She did it again and bumped her head on something hard, not so funny that time. She also tried to say 'bye bye' to the video camera when I told her to. And this morning I asked her to say something else on the change table and she was getting the sound pretty close. Pity she doesn't listen to 'No' quite as well!

Well, must be off, a few things to do this morning before I go out for lunch. It's my 30th birthday today and a friend and I are going to celebrate. DP made me a cake for tonight, which we'll have with pizza and a movie. We're even going out for Valentine's Day tomorrow (a first!)! Going to see a movie in Gold Class.

Hope everyone is well!

Hi girls,

HAPPY B'DAY JEN 13!

Well i thought i would write in a different colour other than black today. LOL! Were do i start?

jen13 - Sounds like lucy is all grown up! Walking with speed how cute.
    Gosh you sound like you are being spoilt rotten for your b'day and so you should be. Double spoilt as well as it ties in with Valentines day. What movie are you going to see? Gold class you will love it! Have a great day and enjoy every minute of it!

Jimsteph - Oh i am sorry that DS is still not eatng as much as you would like. My sil's son also has this problem and he is 10yrs old. They give him milkshakes with all the nutrients in it which he tends to drink very slowly. He seems to be fine just doesn't like to eat for some reason. Even vegemite with toast he will turn his nose up at it. Not sure why he is like this but when i was alone with him and said you better eat something otherwise you will end up like a scarecrow he did take a skull of the drink and ate some toast. Made me happy. Maybe he does it for attention?

Not sure about your DS on why he doesn't eat as much but i have this toddler taming book for ages 1 - 4 years and it has some info on this so i will read it and let you know what they say! SIL gave this bok to me for Chrissy gosh it has some interesting and very good tips in it.

Relle - Oh wow how exciting but disappointing for you at the same time. I am so sorry that it turned out to be a boy. They do say though that boys are a handful when young but when older (teens etc.) they are just a pleasure and easy peezy. You will enjoy every moment of it thats for sure. When they are older and start getting girlfriends you could maybe have one or three as your half daughters IUKWIM........

As for tips on falling preggas with a girl i have no idea at all, just love DTD alot. LOL! I think it is luck though as well. So don't be too hard on yourself.

Liz- Sounds like the portraits would be great fun. We had some and they are alot of fun thats for sure, and they always turn out to be beauties! Good luck in Trying to concieve as well hope it happens soon for you!

Emz - Are you still around be great to here from you!

Well as for us not much to tell you all still all the same, Tayneesah waves goodbye to everyone now when they leave, still loves daycare, not eating meat still but everything else. Yoghurt is her favorite. She has 6 teeth 2 bottom and 4 top ones and another few are coming through the bottom somewhere. AHHHH!! Feeling a littel tired the last two days mostly because of being pregnant and running around like a headless chook!

Well thankgod i made dinner for tonight last night cause i am stuffed, spag bol it is. Must be off going to have a cold drink and chill i think.

Talk to you all soon

Jen

Great to hear from you Jen, thanks for the bday wishes. Hope you are taking it easy on yourself. Don't know how you do it, running around after one baby and baking another!

I forgot to mention one more milestone for Lucy - she used a spoon and fed herself a whole tub of yoghurt!! Now I have to give her a spoon as well as try to feed her. It's taking a lot longer but she's surprisingly good at it. Not too much mess either, although it's a little trickier with pasta, since it's hard for her to dig it in and get it out. IYKWIM. Mostly drops on her bib if she doesn't quite get it all in the mouth. Kinda funny to be sitting there watching her eat though. I feel so useless! Just as well bb is still her favourite!!

OMG at Lucy feeding herself! The thought hasn't even crossed my mind with Tallon! LOL. What's the usual age for that? I used to give him his own spoon to keep him distracted coz he always grabbed my spoon. But if I let him spoon feed himself now, it'd end up everywhere. He's taken to throwing everything these days.

Well it took a while for Tallon to warm up for the photos, but I think there'll be some nice ones in there We make an appointment to go in and view them, then select which we want. Might see if she'll sell us all the digitals on cd as well.

OK.. gotta go start dinner. DH has requested that dinner be ready when he gets home coz it wastes his evenings LOL. sheesh - the life of a housewife huh. It is true tho if I wait for him to get home, then we feed Tallon and put him to bed, I always end up cooking dinner at 9pm. Much too late. heh

cya!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GIRLS!

Hi Girls,

Well thought i would wish you all a happy valentines day today! Hope you all get spoilt rotten........

No news here i only just posted yesterday arvo.LOL

Jen

Well, excitement of the day for me - my cousin had her baby last night (on my birthday), a little girl they've named Amy Lynette, 7 lb 14 oz. She was actually born at the same time at night, 11:25 pm, as I was 30 years ago!! We're all very impressed!! Very excited about our next trip to Melbourne, now both of my cousins there have baby girls not far from Lucy in age.

Relle, I told you it was genetics that brought us girls. I think there's one boy in two generations (mine and the new ones coming through) and my uncle is about the only boy before that. I'm going to have to get tips off you in breeding a boy here!

Hello ,

ok i have had time to read and take notes.

Jen - CONGRATS on the news of a baby girl, I am sure time will fly and she will be here in no time. Tayneesha sounds like she is enjoying herself in all aspects of life and I am sure she wil lmake a great big sister.

Relle - CONGRATS on the news of more testosterone joining the family. Three boys will be great fun. And whilst at times they will fight i am sure they will be best of mates. I know what you mean about the girl. I had an instinct the Liam would be a boy which is why we found out and I was happy with that. It wasn't until i thought further into the future about stuff like i do with my mum that i got a little ...not upset .....but ....kinda saw what i wouldn't have IYKWIM. It took me a month or so after we found out to digest it but from the moment i found out Liam was a boy knew i wouldn't want it any other way. Besides i have 2 beautiful neices and godaughter who i have been told i can borrow at any time!!!

Steph - CONGRATS on a great weight loss achievement I am so happy for you. As for the car i wouldn't mind a new Holden Calais in a deep blue colour. No rush... just when you are ready.

Liz - Well done to you and Tallon on the signing. I can just picture him doing it. I can't wait to see one of the photos you had taken, it sounds like they will be lovely.

Jen13 - Claps for Lucy walking, running and laughing at herself when she falls over...how cute. Happy belated 30th too!!! I hope you had a great lunch and dinner. Liam too has tried to spoon feed himself, it doesn't happen for long as i dread the mess he makes so i do the majority and let him do the end. Congrats to your cousin as well, and on your b'day ...how special.

Hi to everyone else!!!!!

Well, still no walking except around the furniture or behind the walker. No teeth, and still not much hair! Still booby fed but now only morning and night so i am happy to be back in normal bras. Liam loves grapes cut in half, banana, and still phases in and out with sandwiches, toast. He loves weet bix and has been having cows milk on his cereal for months and has been having a drink of milk at lunch time for a couple of weeks.

Brad still loves big school and is starting to adjust better to early nights and the tiredness levels. I think he is a bit more settled now he has a new interest and we have also registered for his first year of soccor, so that should be entertaining!!!

We have the frame for our house up and the bricklayer started a few days ago!!!!!!!! Today we looked at carpet and flooring for downstairs and next week we need to pick all of our tiles for kitchen, bathrooms, laundry. I am so glad it is finally on its way. We are hoping to be in at the end of May. So fingers crossed there are no hiccups along the way.

Well i am in Birthday preparation for Liam for Sunday. Can you believe it, my baby is ONE in just 2 sleeps . The funny thing is i can remember this time last year as though it was yesterday, the conversations, the thoughts we had, the anticipation.....oh...sob, sob.
    The food is no probs and i love making their cakes. Liam's will be a number 1 iced blue with premade icing (comes out like wedding cake finish) with a small teddy sitting beside it. On the cake, you make with the icing stuff a pillow and quilt so it looks like teddy is about to hop into bed and the shapes you cut out of the quilt go to make star and moon decorations for the top and bottom of the cake. It is in the Womens Weekly kids birthday cakes book and is just sooo cute. I also need to find the time to write his birthday letter. I have done it for Brad for all of his birthdays. It's just a letter to him about his achievements over the year, our thoughts of him, mentions of outings/holidays, friends and family etc. Just so when they read them later in life they can see what they meant to us and what went on in that year. Photos tell many stories, i just like to put it into a few words.

Yikes, that means i will need to pick a new ticker!!!!!!! I looked a few months back but time has flown that the decision is upon me. I guess i should do that tomorrow night!

Ok thats all from me, Hope you are all well, and give the bubbas a hug and kiss from us!
    Last edited by kas; February 16th, 2007 at 04:13 PM.

Hiya everyone,

Im sorry i havent posted in such a long while. Ive been around, but not really up to date on everything. Will be at mums tonight so that will give me some baby free time to have a good read.

Abby is sleeping better- the teeth are thru, she now has 8! Only issue with her sleeping is that she still struggles to go down at night, but its managable and if it all gets too much we get in the car and go for a drive. Not the best way to put a baby to sleep but hey, it works. Shes back to enjoying being cuddled to sleep, but now she lets us actually hold her where as before we would be laying next to her in our bed cuddling her that way.

Shes not long learnt how to clap and thats pretty entertaining. Nothing really different to add really.

as for me, work is going great. Made some great friends and making some amazing money- tho i have spent my last 2 pays on just crap.... but then i always do that with a new job. will start putting it into the savins account as of next pay day.

Ive been sick with the worst, most painful cold ive ever had, and i had 2 days off work because of it. Boo hoo cos im casual so it will be a smaller pay this week. I was sick on valentines day! I got a beautiful watch and some flowers, and tim cooked a great dinner. I got tim his "man perfume" and a leather journal with his name embossed on it. he thought it was the best thing ever. was very cute.

anyway, id better get going, i just found out we have a dinner to go to tonight and i cant really be bothered. Tho, there is a Jazz festival going on in the town where we are going so we might take abby for a walk after dinner and listen to some jazz.

ok gotta run,
    xx em

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast