Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #7

Well I guess I have a milestone to report LOL. We have our first real sickness He's had a couple of bouts of teething sniffles before, but this time he has a cough and a runny nose etc. Actually - he's not THAT sick, but I'll count it as the first time he's actually sick. He still plays happily, but this morning he had that sick look in his eyes poor little man. There's no temperature or anything so he's not too bad

Wow Kas - way to make us all feel bad doing all those personals! LOL.

Gosh - are we abnormal still having so many b/f's a day? All you guys seem to have cut down quite a bit! I think I'm gonna have a 4yr b/fer on my hands here LOL.

OK.. will do a proper post another time.
    Cya!

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LIAM FOR TOMORROW!!!!

Our first belly buddy baby is turning one... Gosh, where did the time go.

Hope you guys have a lovely time and what a wonderful idea with the letter. I keep a diary that only gets a big burst on significant occasions, I've been writing in it since I was a teenager, so I might use Lucy's birthdays to follow your lead! Thanks for the idea, Kas.

Oh, didn't read everyone else's posts before I posted... Doh!

Liz - Lucy is still having 4 bfs a day and shows no sign of cutting back. The 2nd morning one is sometimes quick, but the rest she is desperate for. So we might be making it to 4 with you! Hope poor little Tallon is feeling better.

Em - hope you are feeling better too. OMG on all Abby's teeth, Lucy only has three! I'm thinking the fourth isn't far away, but obviously she's going to have a fairly gappy smile for her first bday!

Hey everyone - where are you all??

Kas - how was Liam's bday? How is Brad going at school? Hope the house is coming along well!

Liz - hope Tallon is feeling better and not keeping you up all night.

Jen - how are you going? How are you coping with picking up Tayneesha when you are getting bigger?

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all well.

After having trouble getting Lucy to fall asleep being cuddled when she wakes during the night last week and also after my gf babysitting her took 30 mins to get her to fall asleep I decided things had to change here! So, I started putting her to sleep in her cot. I stay with her until she falls asleep, but lie her back down if she sits/stands up. The first day was hilarious, she got the message after the first nap lying her back down about 50 times, that that wasn't going to work. But then she started getting up and laughing at me (ie whingeing and crying weren't getting her anywhere!). Then she tried throwing her dummy and her stuffed toy out of the cot numerous times (me trying not to laugh at her giggling in delight). And she was tired! BUT it only took a few times and she got the hang of it really quickly. Daytime naps were the easiest, now it only takes her minutes and she's asleep. I had one horrendous night where she woke up at midnight and I ended up camping on the floor 'cause every time I left the room she'd cry. But she hasn't repeated that and has now made FIVE nights of sleeping from 7-7:30pm until after 6am without interruption (to us anyway, I did hear her wake up and talk to herself for a couple of minutes b4 going back to sleep one night, but no crying). It's bliss. She still gets a quick cuddle and a kiss b4 I put her to sleep but is needing no patting at all hardly now so I can just stand beside the cot and wait. The cutest thing is she fiddles with her ear when she's falling asleep. I should have noticed she started doing it a few weeks ago, about when it stopped working cuddling her during the night when she woke. She was probably trying to tell me she wanted to settle herself. I think my taking her out of her cot was a hinderance, not a help.

Anyway, that's our major achievement for the week. We are also looking for a new place to move too ASAP after one too many disagreements at this place with our real estate agents, plus the place being too small. Hopefully we might have found something already, I'll know tomorrow with any luck. Fingers crossed. HATING the idea of moving, but loving the idea of more space!

Happy Birthday to Liam!!!!

Jen13 ~ Yay for Lucy falling asleep on her own, that is so great for you. Lack of sleep for the parents is the hardest thing to deal with I think.

Cailan has just got another tooth through so that makes 7 for him, he is having a horrible time with them, it is funny how different all the boys have been. Cailan has been having severe nappy rash and runny poos, pulling his ears while the other two didn't have many problems at all. DS1 didn't even cry when his teeth were coming, and even his 2 yr molars didn't worry him. Weird.
    Talk to you all later!

Yay for Lucy putting herself to sleep! Feeding and cuddling to sleep doesn't always work here anymore either..but neither does just putting him down! He does NOT stay still. I tell him to lie down, so he collapses down with a big grin on his face.. rolls over, bum in the air, rolls over, sits up. I tell him to lie down, so he puts his head back down. He seems to think if his head is on the bed, that that's enough - he stands up on his legs with his head still on the bed. grrr. LOL. He then gets himself way overtired and gets really upset, and THEN he wants the cuddles/feed to sleep. So I think we're transitioning as well.. although I think it's gonna be a while before he puts himself to sleep.

Tallon's much better, no more coughing.. that only really lasted one night.. but still got a gunky nose. He's been sleeping with us the last few nights from the outset, so that ensures good sleep for all whether he's sick or not. hehe.

He's starting to walk! He crosses over between the lounges now - about 4 or 5 steps! yay! And he'll waddle over to someone if they're not too far away. He still prefers to crawl tho, coz he's such a speed demon when it comes to crawling LOL. But we're getting there!

Dont think I posted in here about his signing. He did his first 'proper' sign the other day. He's been signing for a long time now, but uses the same sign for everything. But at least I knew he understood that he could tell me things with his hands. Anyway, he signed "book" properly.. and omg it's so cute.. his little hands opening and closing like a little book. We went to rent a DVD the other night, and he thought all the movies on the wall were books and he was so excited and signing it all the time LOL. He also now signs please, so when he yells at me for something, I just say to him "that's not how you ask mummy for something.. what do you say" and he signs please. So cute Sometimes he says ta, but I like the signing better He always watches my hands when I'm talking about things.. he's tried to sign "bird", and he does "eat" as well. It's really starting to take off.. and it's so handy to know what he's wanting! lol.

OK.. must go, gotta do some work before I go out.

Cya!

Hi Steph - you're right, it can be tough not having sleep. I hope Cailan isn't keeping you up with his teeth, poor little man. My biggest problem with Lucy is that a lot of the time she would sleep through fine, not a whimper, but some nights she would wake up once or twice and it was just getting impossible to get her back to sleep. So then I would be wondering what the hell I was doing wrong, since I did the same things with her on both the nights she was good and the nights she wasn't!!!

Hope Braxton's bday a last week was fun for everyone too! So now you have a 3 1/2 yr old, a 2 yr old and an almost 1 yr old! My goodness, you must be superwoman!!!

Yay to Tallon for walking - what a clever boy!!! Now he'll be able to run away from Lucy properly. And big claps on the signing. We're still trying to learn a few things like clapping and I think Lucy's much better with talking than with her hands. Do wonder if I should give the signing a go, but I'm working on one word commands (from her) like "out" for when she wants to get out of the bed, etc. LOL at the head down, Lucy does wriggle around for a little bit when I put her in. They get the message eventually.

Hi girls,

Gosh been quiet in here.LOL! Well the news at our end is as follows:

I have had a bad flu/cold since Saturday night, it just hit me like a mac truck out of no where and it has been so tiring on me especially when have a toddler and pregnant as well. Went to the dr and he has prescribed me with amohexal which is safe to take while pregnant. So i have been a bit down i the dumps and feeling really $$$$ITTY!!! I have just realised how hard it is to live away from family especially when you are sick thats for sure as you are all by your self and just have to deal with it..... . Cairns to Perth is a long way really.

Anywy Tayneesha is walking everywhere and getting into everything you could possibly think of. She is a real girly girl as well and so definate in what she wants and needs. I think it is a good thing as well as a bad thing? She has about 4 more teeth coming through down the bottom so she is teething bad, but seems to be ok with it some times very clingy and sooky but what can you do... I give her nurofen for it and she seems to be fine once thats kicked in etc. She loves iceblocks as well in her Tommy Tippee feeder net thing that she sucks on. (the best thing ever.)

She is talking alot more and signing (pointing) alot as well. If she doesn't want something or had enough she will push your arm out the way and shake her head to say NO! gotta laugh.

As for sleeping she will go to sleep by herself as Jen said i did this some time ago to get her into the habit early. It is bliss i must say and such a relief as well. I have caught her though sittin gin her cot just playing with her teddies and dolly and talking to herself and then the next minute she is dead to the world cuddling her dolly.

Oh also a BIG CONGRATS TO US AS WELL we just bought another block of land and we will be building our dream home on it in the next few years. The house we own now will be our investment property so we are really happy that we have been able to do this in such a short time. The only reason why really is beacuse DH worked overseas for a while and we could pay the mortgage of in 10 years not 25years! Yeah we are really proud of ourselves....

Ok time for personals:

JEN13 - Wow Lucy you are such a big girl now.A huge CLAP and big cuddles going your way for being a good litle girl and going to sleep by yourself. Mum you must be relieved, Oh bliss is wonderful isn't it.

Yeah i am gettingbigger but i must admit this time round has gone so fast i am like my gosh where has the time gone, i am due in 4 mths time. AHHHH!!! I have an ob appoint tomorrow to make sure everything all ok etc. Will let you know how it goes etc.

Did you get your new house. I hope yu find a nice comfy one to live in with more space. fingers crossed for you.

Kas- I hope all well for you and Liams b'day was a blast! one already time flys doesn't it. Great idea too by the way!

Liz- Gosh what a hungry bubba you have! Not abnormal at all as long as he is happy give him as many as he wants, who cares if you are still b/f at age 4.LOL!
    clap clap clap to Tallon as well for starting to walk. I am glad his cough and illness is clearing up poor little might it is so stressful when they are sick isn't it. How did the portraits go as well!

Jim steph- Oh teething don't you just wish that their teeth would come through all at once and be done with it!Tayneesha has had her ups and downs as well. One minute all happy the next sooky lala. I mut say though she hasn't been too bad compared to some bubbas.

Well hi to everyone else that i have missed.
    Gotta put Missy to sleep for her nap....

Take care all and bbl

Jen

sorry for the errors in typing i had someone trying to help me at the same time.

Yay for Tallon walking, what a clever fella! You'll be kept on your toes even more now Liz!
    Jen (mum2) ~ What a great acheivement to pay your home off so quickly. Congrats on the block of land too, you'll have so much fun designing the interior of your house. I have big plans for when DH and I decide to build too. I can't wait. I always have these dreams where I am renovating a house, picking out colours and fabrics or watching the builders put up the frame and I'm wearing a hard hat, they were really constant when I was pregnant with the boys, I would have reno dreams all the time! How exciting for you and your family!!!
    Last edited by jimssteph21; February 22nd, 2007 at 10:16 AM.

Hi girls,

Well Liam had a great time on his birthday! Got lots of lovely gifts, and ate himself stupid- fairy bread, cake, meatballs, chicken, biscuits, frankfurts, pretty much almost everything i catered.

He is getting better at walking behind his bike/walker we got him and thinks its so funny when his feet can't keep up and he falls over.

I too am thinking about the cot and Liam putting himself to sleep. We have tried a few times but its painful!!!! He too likes to comtinually stand and throw his dum and blank out, thinking its a game. DH puts him in there when he has him for his day sleep and after a little cry he is asleep, i think he likes to pull my heart strings by carrying on!!!!!
    Got weighed at the chemist today....Last time 2/2/07
    Dressed weight - 7.63kg - up by about 250gms last time hit was Bare weight
    Length - 68.5cm - up by 2cm
    head - 43.4cm - same

Well done to all the bubbas now walking. And by the sounds of it everyone has teeth.....NOT here though! Liam has another week or so to beat Brad when his first came through so we will wait and see.

Well. Our house has a frame, fully bricked to the bottom of the upper story and all the scaffolding is up so i am guessing by the end of next week the rest of the bricks and the weather board will be done and possibly a start on the roof tiles. We chose the tiles for the bathrooms and kitchen/laundry yesterday, so we are well and truly getting closer, its getting exciting watching the progress take shape.

Hmmm, still need to change ticker.........will go have a look now.

Hi Kas

How exciting that your house is taking shape. Now for all the fun shopping!

Glad Liam had such a good day, all that eating -- I wonder where on earth he's putting it??! I'm sending out invitations to Lucy's party on the weekend (I'm one of those anal types who likes to send out invitations and thank you notes for everything! Keeps me happy and I like to design and print my own...). I'm making a cake out of cupcakes so everyone gets their own. We're having a picnic down at the Wildflower Gardens down the road. Really nice secluded clearing with undercover seating for heaps of ppl, toilets, gas BBQs and a lot of playground equipment and room to run around for the kids. And free! We'll do the food, just sausages and rolls and a couple of salads I'm guessing. Although, if you're free Kas, you can come down and cater for me!

Steph - hope your reno dreams will soon be a reality. Are you still living with your ILs? Had any quiet time with DH yet?? LOL

Jen - how did you go at the ob? Hope everything is going well for all of you! We're looking at the house we think we want the most tomorrow and I'll let you know how we go. I really hope it's just what we want and we get it no hassles. It would be one less thing to have to worry about atm. Good on you guys for paying off your house! Must have been hard having DH overseas, but it was worth it in the end. Hope you're over your cold now.

Liz - hope you're feeling better too matey.

Gotta go, DP bringing home a friend and pizza and we're going to play a new board game I got for my bday. Very excited!!

Kas ~ Liam sounds like he did well putting away all that food. He'll be weighing more in no time if he eats like that!
    Jen13 ~ lol no 'alone' time with DH yet, prolly not for another 2 months. As for the reno dreams, we'll have to see what the years bring. Still hoping for that 4th baby

No walking for Cailan yet, the other two have been running circles around him and he is feeling left out I think. Nothing much else to report from me.
    Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Hi girls, - LONG POST HERE SORRY!

Well i have been exhausted thats for sure. I have no idea how i am still going.......

Last week was ok had a few sleepless nights as Tayneesha has been waking up a couple of times and i thought just teeth as she would go straight back to sleep.

Anyway this week has been a different story she has been up and down like a yo yo every night this week and it has just killed me as i am getting about 4 hrs a sleep a night sometimes less and then still going during the day! DH works hard in the heat as a carpenter and needs his rest so its up to me to run the household, clean and all of that Iukwim.
    Anyway she went to daycare on Thursday and they called me in the arvo to tell me that Tayneesha had come up in a rash all over her. I FREAKED OUT! Took her to the dr that arvo and he told me that she had this thing called
    Roseola Infantum -A mild disease of infants and children characterized by fever lasting three days followed by an eruption of rose-colored spots called also exanthem subitum.
    She also had a red throat and some ulcers on it as well so this was making her feel even worse.

This explains why she had been so unsettled all last week! He told me to give her panadol and nurofen together and keep this up until she becomes normal again. Yesterdasy was her best day of the week thats for sure but last night she was very unsettled and i am sure it is her sore throat. She had a great day at daycare though and her old self was back the girls told me....
    The DR told me that In far nrth qld - Cairns this is going around in all the daycare centres at the moment as well as another disease Foot and Mouth which is similar! I told the daycare centre and the director's baby 10mth old had had it last week so tayneesha would have got it off her as they are good friends. Scared me and has been hard on me thats for sure when i am doing it all alone and me being sick still too but not to worry I just try and think of other people who are alot worse off than me!

Ok so enough of down in the dumps stuff - Tayneesha is walking everywhere she is so cute and just does not want to crawl. had her check up a while ago and she is 9.7 kg her height is 78cm and head - 45.5cm all going really well and very happy. She is till eating the fruit, veges and all of that but meat no meat still. Any tips from anyone i have tried everything.... I may have a vegetarian on my hands?

Jen - I went to the ob and all going really wel no probs at all, blood pressure good, baby all good, still a girl which we now call Shayla as that is going to be her name. Yes it was hard for my DH to be overseas for a long time i only saw him three times a year for three weeks only each time. But his boss did fly me to Africa Tanzania for a holiday and paid for it so i can't complain i had a trip of a lifetime out of it. No still not over my cold or whatever it is but i am over it totally and just wish it would vanish. Oh i hope you get this house how exciting, a new house a new year. I love moving into new homes and all of that. for you and you family.

Kas - If only Tayneesha would eat like Liam. Sounds like he had a great time, hope you took lots of pics. Yeah for the frame and that going up on your new house kas, you must be so excited that things are moving along for you. I would be going there every day and looking in excitement. LOL

Jimsteph - Oh poor Cailin with the others running rings around him. He will be off one day and you will be gobsmaked. I say the longer they crawl the better....
    I hope you and DH get some time alone to yourselves, maybe you could go out to diner somewhere without the kids? Or maybe have a picnic on the beach and take the kids with you and et them run riot while you and DH have a break? I hope you do getto have a small amount of time together, it will do you voth the world of good.

ok well must be off i can smell stinky butt!!!! LOL

JEN
    X

Well finally Tayneesha has recovered and i had a great nights sleep. The only problem now is DH is sick so i am looking after him now! LOL

Have a good weekend everyone
    Jen

Hi all

Jen - I think I'd rather Lucy was sick than DP IYKWIM. Actually, no, I hate Lucy being sick for her sake, so I'd rather it was me!!! My DP is the worst patient ever. He thinks he's dying if his nose is running and I swear he has this miraculous ability to be able to throw up, even if he's just got a headache... In the middle of the night of course! Hope your DH is feeling better and isn't keeping you up! Poor Tayneesha, one of my mothers' group friends' little one had the same thing and she was really sick for a week. Must be awful. I don't think foot and mouth is anywhere near as bad. One of DP's employee's daughter had that.

As for eating meat... I find the easiest is mince meat in pasta or mixed in with vegies (choose some she really likes). If she doesn't like meat, maybe she will do better with a sweeter or lighter meat, like chicken or pork? I'm not much help, Lucy is clearly NOT vegetarian as she tends to pick the meat out first! LOL

Steph - 4th bub, huh?? So when's the tubal ligation reversal booked in for?? Here I am thinking maybe I should back off trying to convince DP to have 3 'cause maybe I can only keep up with 2 and you're thinking of double that amount!! 2 months, never mind, you can mark it off on a calendar! Oh well, back to the back seat of the car, huh? Bit like being teenagers again, sneaking around behind your ILs backs!

We are having a bit of a rough time of it. I had an awful week last week, big contract I've been hanging out for fell through as the company got taken over. Just as well I've been chasing up other work or I'd be even more devestated. This is the second one that's fallen through this year, and while that can be fairly standard, it's sooo much harder to get these deals with Lucy. So she's now going to my gfs on a Monday to give me some time to focus on work. I'm having my gfs little boy who's 9 mths on a Friday so that works out nicely. Free child care for both of us, and we're both a bit funny about who looks after our littlies.

The places we looked at aren't really suitable, but we've widened the search and there is a slightly cheaper area nearby that looks like it might come off. I'm ringing about a couple of places tomorrow. So fingers crossed it's under control this week.

DP and I had a whopper of a row on Friday. I'm not sure if I've forgiven him yet, but we're not fighting now so that must be a good sign. Stupid idiot pulled out some line about him not being able to make any major decisions and how his life has been shifted in certain directions without his say-so, to which I told him I was done making his decisions for him and if he didn't want what he had then he was free to do whatever he chose. In slightly different words... This tired old line gets bandied about whenever he wants to have a whinge about [email protected] and is looking for someone else to blame, ie me. Family trait, only his mother is 100 x worse! Anyhoo, seems to have worked 'cause since I think he's decided he'll just drop it and stay put. I think he sensed I was really over it. Which is entirely true 'cause I spent an hour looking for places to rent on my own!

Enough of my problems, if I think about them I'll only get depressed. This would be so much easier if we weren't under quite so much pressure from our businesses. I hope this pays off in the long run...

Oh Jen,

SOME HUGE :hugs: GOING YOUR WAY!

Oh i know what you mean about DH being sick and its as if they are dying it is just pathetic. They will never have any idea of how much we do for them and the family some times. My DH tends to be similar to yours can never admit he is wrong and finds someone else to balme (me).... I have though lately got him out of this habit and he has admited he has been wrong a few times so i am happy about that.

Oh i hate a big fight i feel so down in the dumps and he makes me feel as if i am the one being a b###ch and he is the nice guy etc etc...... We rarely fight though thats for sure and when we do i just hate it as it is always a massive one and then the next day i feel like crap.

Anyway i hope it all can be sorted out soon for you and that your business gives yu some stress relief soon as well.

Take care

Jen

Hugs Jen - i hope you and DH are back on good terms and you find somewhere suitable to move to soon! LOL at catering Lucy's party.....I could start a new business couldn't I??????? Nahhhhh!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast