Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #12

Sarah, I say if you don't want to wean and you aren't ready then DON'T! It was very bitter sweet for me at the time. I would've left it to Oskar but I just couldn't take the pain anymore.

Funny thing today.... he still knows and is very aware what boobies are and do ...well as far as for him...(as I said before he will come up to me on occasion and open his mouth and put it in his mouth but not suck)....anyway, back to the story. We were in Big W and walking past the underwear section and he sees some bras hanging up and goes "PA!"...lol...oh and then the undies on the manequins..haha walks over tries to pull them down to check the "memis" which yep is a penis. He thinks EVERYONE has one!!!

Wow, can't believe the birthdays have already started!! Claire happy birthday for tomorrow little one. Happy Birthday to all our little bubbas growing into toddlers.

Cass, to you. I hope you feel better. MS just sucks so much.

OMG...I just saw my ticker and it had 6 wks 5 days left until the next bub... *GULP* that's making it a little scary sounding!!
    Last edited by Ozziehoffy; March 3rd, 2009 at 09:52 AM.

Hey girls! Thought i would like to update you! We are haivng a little girl!!!
    We're so excited, she had 10fingers and toes and looks gorgeous! take care all!

Cassie, how awesome! Another princess! I'm feeling all clucky now, lol.

A HUGE hello to all the lovely ladies in here. I cannot believe how long it has been since I have posted in here. Happy Easter!!

Firstly - I must say happy belated birthday to all our lovely kids. I hope everyone had a good time celebrating 2nd birthdays. I still can't believe that they are 2 already!

Cass - you must be counting down the days now!! Good luck with everything and looking forward to hearing how it all turns out.

Cassblob - congrats on finding out you're having a girl. You must be very excited. We still haven't found out the gender..and we have it written down in an envelope in the house!! I'm just going to wait the next 10 weeks then we will find out for sure!

Well time is flying by so fast here that it is scary! I am now 30 weeks pregnant and SO not organised lol! Where do you find the time to get organised?! We spent 5 weeks from the end of Feb to end of March travelling or having people stay over...was not a good idea to try to fit so much into a short period of time. The biggest problem was that Grace's sleeps got really mucked up and it has taken us almost 4 weeks to get back into our previous routine of popping her into bed kissing her goodnight and leaving. She was requiring us to stay in the room with her until she was asleep...it felt like such a backwards step. It was only a problem because she went into a bed from her cot and realised immediately that she was not trapped anymore so she would just get up - she was also getting up anywhere up to 6 times per night. It has been a long 3 weeks but so worth it..did not want sleep issues when this bub is born. The other problem with going away so much was that it really halted the toilet training. We couldn't really continue whilst we were away as we were staying with friends and family and in resorts and didn't think they would appreciate wee all over their carpets..but it has really put things back. Before we went away Grace was doing so well with her training and telling us before she went to the toilet...we didn't always make it to the toilet but she was generally almost always telling us...but it was all stopped when we went away and because we had sleep issues and then it got cold it is like we are having to start again. From tomorrow we are back to serious training again and HOPE HOPE HOPE that she picks it up again quickly. She has told us the last few days when she had done a poo so this is positive. I have 10 weeks to get it sorted ! eek! Not getting hung up on the thought that she will be trained though...we will just see what happens..can't make her use the toilet!

Other than these 2 fairly major issues we have been great. Grace is just amazing....her speech is SO good...she can pretty much say any word (which means we really have to watch what we say), she has a brilliant memory and will randomly repeat something that you didn't even think she had heard, she strings sentences together and we can actually have a conversation these days..it's brilliant..I love this age! Having said that...she has her fair share of difficult toddler times but overall she is a good girl. She is so cute with my tummy...she tells everyone that the baby is in my tummy...she was going through a phase of saying she wanted a girl baby but now she says she doesn't want a brother or a sister! She has been putting nappies and giving bottles to her dollies lately which is really really cute. She picks them up and cuddles them over her shoulder....she is such a mother hen.

As for work I am now on alternative duties which is safer work and I have been facilitating the new employees and making sure they are all up to speed...has been a huge learning curve not to mention that I am having to drive at least an hour to work each day...luckily it's only 2 days a week. I only have 5 more weeks left and then I have 5 weeks off before baby is due...looking forward to spending some special time with Grace.

Listen to me ramble on and on about myself. Sorry for being so self absorbed. I hope everyone is doing well. Hope everyone has had a lovely easter and has not made themselves too sick on chocolate. Take care.

Congrats Cass on your new Arrival

Rachel - WOW, i couldnt not look in the envelop! hehe... 10weeks is a long time you'll be organised before you know it

Well Izzy is just growing up too quickly, i was watching her DVD yesterday all her photos from birth to 1yr old, shes just grown up so fast... Shes such a gorgeous girl, i think i am falling in love with her more and more every day! Shes so smart

I have 14weeks to go intill Beany is born we are not organised at all But will get there...

Hope everyone else is well take care!

Hi girls!! Just letting you know that we have another little man... so I am a lone female living in a house full of testosterone!!!

He was born smack bang in the middle of the month... in the middle of the week... Wed 15th April at 2:30pm weighing 3842 - 8 pound 4, head 36cm and length 51cm. He's just gorgeous and loves boob. 12 hours exactly from when I woke at 2:30am at about 9 mins apart and went to hossy at just after 10am when it was full on active labour... totally natural VBAC2

Congratulations Cass!!!!

Congratulations Cass! You are a little bit outnumbered arent you, but its all worth it isnt it! Enjoy your babymoon.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

girls

its been a while once again..

Cass congratulations on your little boy. Wonderful news.

Cass congratulations on finding out your having a little girl, i hope that will be my news next week too. I would love a little princess around the house, my prince is wonderful but a little princess would just be perfect. Good luck with the next 14 weeks, before you know it you will have a new little one to look after.

Rachel: Wow Grace is certainly developing and sounds like she has enjoyed her travelling and being a social butterfly. I hope TT works out now that your back at home and in a routine.. can I ask you what you did to get her back into her sleepiong rountine, how long a time did you stay in her room, did she wake up during the night once she had gone to sleep?..

Sorry for so many questions, we are having issues (still) with kaiden. its been over 1 month and still requires one of us to be in his bedroom all night long, he wakes up a couple a times a night and if we arent there all hell breaks loose, so now (after speaking to Ngala here in Perth) they suggested putting a mattress in his room and gradullay move it out, well that hasnt worked and now wants it in at all times and only DH can be in there with him.. AHh.. when will it stop.. I am 18w pregnant and just want it to stop, we are both exhausted. Also kaiden is not sleeping during the day unless someone sleeps with him as well.. I am waiting on a phone call back from Ngala to set up an appointment time to go and see them.

Good to hear from you Sonia. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I hope that Kaiden's sleeping gets better for you. It's no fun when it's a real challenge I know. It's very tiring and not just physically.

My baby boy now has a name... a pressie for his 1 wk birthday... it is Elijah Graeme He's doing really well and up to 4.1 kg already!!

Oh Cass i LOVE the name...sounds like he is doing wonderfully. How has he fitted into the family? Hope you are managing to get some sleep.

Cassblob...the envelope thing is funny really. I have no will power by nature so thought for sure it would be opened this time but have just realised that we really don't want to know until we are holding our little bundle of joy. We loved that surprise when Grace was born so want to do it again. I so know what you mean about falling in love day after day....they do something new everyday and it just makes you smile (most of the time!!). I love this age (minus the tantrums!). Mind you every age I think I have said ;i love this age' hehe. I just love Grace to pieces....I am still not sure how I share that love but obviously you just do...hope my heart doesn't burst lol!

Hi Sonia...Grace is definitely a social butterfly, she is definitely not a shy kid. Sleep issues are such a pain aren't they. It took us approxiately 5 weeks to get Grace back on track with her sleeping. Initially we were staying in her room (and lying on her bed) until she fell asleep, we eventually moved to sitting at the end of her bed until asleep, to sitting on the floor until eyes get droopy, sitting on the floor near the door for 5 minutes or so until we got to now where we read a book in bed whilst she has some milk then we say goodnight and tuck her in, kiss goodnight and leave. Some nights she gets back up but we just pop her back in bed..kiss her goodnight etc again and usually that is it. Initially she was waking up through the night 6-7 times a night and then needed us to stay in the room until she fell asleep. Now she wakes up once at the most and that's just for a drink and being tucked back into bed and then we go back to bed. Reading that back it makes it sound so simple but it involved a lot of tears (me in our bedroom balling my eyes out cause i just wanted my good sleeper back) and a lot of firmness when putting her back to bed. When we first started to leave the room she would wake up a few times in the evening but we just persisted with putting her back to bed and she eventually got the picture. I found persistance was the key and to not give in...once we started to leave the room we couldn't retreat and start sitting down with her again as she then thought she was in charge. Have you seen the book 'Toddler Taming by Christopher Green'? He has some good advice but it does mainly involve controlled crying (which luckily we didn't need to use it) but he says it will get worse before it gets better but it should take around 3 or so days for the child to get the message that things are changing. His controlled crying seems rather gentle...leave to cry for 5 mins, go in and cuddle etc, leave again but add another 2 mins then go back and cuddle etc, each time increasing the length of time by 2 mins...if at any time they become hysterical or frightened then you go into them. We couldn't do this even if we wanted because Grace can get out of her room so she would just come out to us. As I said, reading this back it makes it sound like it was so easy but believe me...it was a challenge..having said that compared to what you are currently experiencing it was easy. It sounds like Kaiden has become so dependent on you guys being in his room that he can't resettle if you aren't there anymore...somehow need to break this cycle. I can only tell you what worked for me, but beware that initially he will definitely scream and carry on and it will be as hard as all buggary but hopefully persistance will pay off, it may take a week or more, but that has to be better than the lack of sleep you are currently experiencing. I really hope you get it all sorted out soon,.good luck!

I am SO proud of my little girl today. So we have been seriously TT for the last week and a half. Today Grace was in nickers all day today...we had no accidents...she asked to go to the toilet everytime she needed to go...we even went to the shops and swimming in just undies and she used the toilets at the pool before we went to the shops. I know one day is no big deal but I am so excited!! I am so proud of her!! Gives me hope that being out of day nappies by the time baby comes may happen..i know it's not for certain but a week and a half ago I didn't think it would even be a possibility! Sorry, I feel like dancing lol. Night night!

Rachel, I can't believe you're only about 5 weeks off having a baby!! I am going to tell you something I wish someone had told me! It feels so much harder than it is... it is a big difference and change to you as a mummy but looking back when it felt impossible, it wasn't as bad as it felt at the time, but it is hard. You will be ok though I just wanted to share that not to scare you but because I wish I'd been told. I sat on the floor a few times and just cried cos I was so tired and Oskar was being difficult and it felt like Mt Everest but mainly because I was tired and felt really overwhelmed, but I'm ok now. So, if you need to vent or anything, you just pm me or email me and I'll "listen".

How is everyone doing??? Cass, not too long for you now either.... how have you been going with the name selection??

Oskar was driving me nuts the other day and I lost the plot with him and I mean LOST it. Not my proudest mummy moment at all! In fact I felt so bad and disgusted with myself after that I spent the next hour crying ... oh and eating chocolate. I screamed and swore and even smacked him on the butt cos he wouldn't go to sleep but was insanely tired. *sighs*. He did end up going to sleep and when he woke up all I did was hold him for so long, lucky he forgave me. Having said that he's not played up one time since when it comes to nap time. I was just exhausted that day and lost my patience. I still feel ashamed but I have forgiven myself cos otherwise I'd really do my own head in. He really is a good boy for the mostpart and I think sometimes I forget at the time and maybe expect too much??

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi

Rachel.. good luck not long now.. thanks for the advice re: sleeping. it has paid off as you said persistance is the key.
    Cassblob.. not long for you also..
    Ozzie: I love the name Elijah. In regards to loosing it, well I certainly have done that with Kaiden (not just once), and boy did i feel bad just like you but we have to have these moments dont we, we can all be supermums.. sometimes I wish i was but i am only fooling myself. I set goals for myself to limit the amount of times I say DONT to Kaiden but in the end i cant do it..its too hard I end up screaming and sending him to his room to sit on his mat until he is ready to apologise.

Kaiden is sleeping well at the moment, we are on the right track at least, he is going down without any screaming and yelling which is just so wonderful. We still wait out in the hallway but now its only for 3-5 minutes shhhhing him and sleep time kaiden and then thats it... he wakes still about 2 timees per night and we just shh and thats it he is back to sleep. some mornings he will wake at 5am and others 6 but if we are getting good sleeps we dont mind as much. although when he wakes early he is wanting his porridge soon as he wakes up. its hard to explain that itso nly 5an when they dont yet get the concept of time.. any ideas of how to make them understand that its too early.

Hope everyone is going well.

Cass, thanks so much for that information...I will take any advice/information! I will definitely try to remember that.

Sonia, I am glad that the sleeping is working out. I see from your ticker that you are having another darling boy. Is Frankie a nickname or the babies chosen name?

So only 3 and a half weeks to go here until number 2 is due...I am very much over it now...so much more achey and tired than I ever was with Grace...most likely because there is no such thing as rest this time around..doesn't help that Grace has pretty much dropped her daytime sleep as well! Great timing. As with the losing it thing Cass, I understand...Grace always pushes my buttons around dinner time and it takes all of my effort not to lose it (it doesn't always work), all it results in though is me in tears feeling so guilty! She has been lashing out at me times lately though...hitting and fighting and yelling...far more than with DH. It could also be that my buttons are very easy to push at the moment too. We have used 'go to your room' more frequently lately, just because I figure it's the safest thing to do as well...put some distance between us and then I can't lose it and she can't keep at me...it works most times and ends up with a kiss and a cuddle and luckily no tears. It's not easy though...i understand the feeling guilty thing too.

Anyway, hope everyone is keeping well. I am heading off to bed now, up way too late as it is anyway. Take care.

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted here for ages as you can see but things are going well over here. hard to believe the 'baby' is nearly 1... time is moving so fast. How exciting that there's already some other newborns and some soon to come - hope everyone is getting lots of sleep (I'm not! They are doing the teeth thing at the same time ) and settling into new routines.

Not much to tell - Sebastian is talking, running, hitting LOL! laughing, all the cute/not so cute toddler things, and seems to absorb every little detail about his world. Tabitha is a really happy baby, and find Sebastian hilarious (he often finds her a pest, but I guess that's how it is with little sisters!) and is generally a sweetie. They spend one day per week in daycare for me to have a bit of a break. I felt kind of guilty at first considering I don't even work, so what an indulgence! But we don't have family nearby to call on at all so it was a case of keeping my sanity and also allowing M and me to have some alone time, to do shopping or go to the movies occasionally, or even just hang out together at home and not have to be constantly looking after the children. I find that I'm so glad to go and pick them up and the few hours by myself seems to put me on track to relax and be the kind of mum I want to be (but sometimes struggle to be, if I'm too exhausted!)

Well, I'd better go - both are in bed asleep and since I had a horror night of about 1 hour's real sleep last night, I'd better go and get into bed myself to make up for it!

all the best to everyone, especially Rachel who was due a couple of days ago! Looking forward to checking in again soon

Hi everyone... just saw Rachel posted a BA!! She had a little boy, Noah Alexander on 25th June. YAY and CONGRATULATIONS Rachel

Bec, I hear you on the cute/not so cute toddler things. Omg sometimes I swear I could just tie him up..lol. He also sits, lays, kneels on Elijah cos he's trying to "cuddle" him. He's quite funny sometimes, Elijah will be crying and he'll go over and try to pick him up all the while saying "come on brother"...pmsl I have no idea where he got that from but it's so adorable and funny. He is pretty good overall. I understand the time for yourself, I'm thinking of putting Oskar into day care for a day a week next year cos I really need to take that time to breathe and re-energise myself. I find days where I'm just too tired or exhausted (quite often mentally) to deal with things the way I'd like to and I find myself yelling and being how I don't want to be. I don't want to yell, I don't want to smack that just isn't how I want to be.

Hey girls! I feel so slack haven't posted in here for ages!

Racheal CONGRATS! Hoping Noah has settled in well and grace loves her little brother!

Sasha good to hear from you again Hopefully you got a few good nights sleep!

son - congrats on your little boy!

Well izzy is just growing up too fast, has anyone worked out where the stop button is??? Izzy is toilet training now, she decided to do it her self! literally, she tells me when she wants to go to the toilet and she does wee's in there every time now... she still wears nappies, basically goes to toilet before and after bed and every nappy change (and also every time she sees the toilet lol) I'll take nappies off when it gets warmer...

Atm she is throwing a tantrum because i am not listening to her, brb... Ok we just had a tantrum then because she wanted me to help put her pants on (we're going through the I'm dressing my self stage) but she also wanted to do it her self, but was getting very frustrated becuase it wasn't working they way she wanted hehe! But we're all settled now, Having snuggles with mum on the couch watching cartoons...

I understand everyones "not so perfect mum moments" i've had my own... Hugs to all of you

I have 4 weeks to go until princess beany is due But i am so hoping i go earlier... I've had enough lol... the pain is horrible, i feel like i have been in pre labour for weeks, with cx and backpain But not long to go now

Cass havent worked out the name yet... we're deciding on two Addison Elizabeth or Indianna Paige ? wats everyone thinK???

Addison, cos I think that perhaps Indianna is a little close to Izzabella especially when you shorten it to Indy. Is there a reason for Elizabeth? Addison Paige sounds nice too.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast