Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #12

Good to hear from everyone recently. It's so nice to be back to just being a mummy and part time teacher, business is GONE! hooray. Ari and I had the best day today, just playing together. She loves to take you by the hand and lead you around and make you press buttons on toys - very cute. She also just put dirty, empty gardening pots into the little pockets your fitted sheets make when they are drying on the line. Not so cute.

She has just come to get me to tell me its time for a bath BBl

Oh Sarah...i'm out of the loop...what happened to the business?

Sarah, yeah what happened to the business??

OMG Rachel, Grace sounds just adorable! There's 2 girls in our mother's group who are pregnant. One due Jan and the other March. We also know some people who just had their 2nd on Tuesday and I have another friend who is due in ummmm 7-8 wks. So, I'm feeling a little jealous...lol.

Oskar is walking, walking everywhere. He LOVES to go outside and play. I have his hat on one of the posts on the stairs and he goes to the stairs and points at it grunting for it so I will take him out to play...lol. Then we have to put shoes on too. He will spend an hour just wandering around the yard, looking at plants, playing with leaves and just having fun. We were going to swimming lessons but haven't been for a few weeks as there was holidays and now the time has changed and doesn't suit us... there's a thread called What would you do... in Babies and Toddlers general discussion re: my problem. Although I think that I've made a decision about it now anyway. Ummm, think that's about it for now, will think of something when I'm not on here and then forget again!!

Where is everyone???

Hi lovelies, I've been really busy with just stuff in general. That, and I'm slighly lazy and cant be bothered to pry hubby off the computer often.

Claire is getting bigger and cleverer every day. She now says Boo (which means i want booby/book/food/toy/other random object), More, No, Bath (well its bar, but i think she means bath), Mum, Dad, Peg, Poo (i think this one is because apparently she poos heaps at daycare and its probably mentioned each time she does it), Yeh, Hi, byebye. The cutest is byebye because she blows kisses as well.

Lol Cass, Claire does that grunting thing with her hat as well. She grabs her hat and a pair of shoes then stands at the door and grunts till we open it and let her out. Or she'll stand at the door and say "more" until we open it. I dont know why more. More is just a generic word for just about everything at the moment. When she's tired, she goes into her room and points at her cot and says more.

The other night we went out to a friends house for dinner and boardgames (yes, very nerdy). Our friends have a 6 month old boy and I was slightly amazed to discover he is as heavy as Claire and almost as long as her. And he's 11 months younger!

I have tomorrow off work (hurrah for bank holiday) so I'm going to so a bit of tidying around the house. Well thats the plan anyway, but whether it happens is a totally other story! Its just so hard to clean when Claires here. She hates the vacuum!

Can I just ask you ladies.. if your little ones are being really feral for nappy changes? Claire used to be great for nappy changes, but in the last couple of weeks she has gone totally feral and wont have a bar of it. I cant even hold her down and as soon as she sees me with a nappy in my hand she starts screaming. Is this just a toddler thing or do you think maybe something happened at daycare when her nappy was being changed? She did have nappy rash the other day so maybe her bum was sore, but nappy rash is gone now. ? I dont know, its very wierd of her to act like that.

um ok now I;m just waffling and my foot has fallen asleep.

Hope everyone is well.

Karina, boardgames ROCK!! How fun! How are you going with still BFing? I'm kinda really getting over it at times. Sometimes I don't mind but I also don't know how else to settle him anyway..lol. I don't think he's going to be an easy weaner either, not if I'm making the decision. If he was self weaning I think obviously it would be different. Oskar calls it "pa"..lol. Grabs his cloth nappy (flats which are kinda like his security blankie I think, he sleeps with them) and waddles over and stands there going "pa pa pa pa". If I don't respond he keeps going but also grabs at my shirt..lol. he gets all excited when you pick him up and start to pull your top up. It is cute, but I dunno. I guess I want me back..haha.

As for nappy changes, we do go through phases of that but I try to get something to distract him first. So, I might grab a toy for him and THEN head to his room. Other times he's quite fine with it. Oskar did get quite bad around when he was 1 cos he had really bad nappy rash and I think they remember it for a little while and maybe get scared that it's going to hurt?

Oh haha yeah boardgames are good.
    Claire still loves boobies. I dont mind breastfeeding her but she does some annoying things now. Like when I'm sitting on the floor and she wants some booby, she'll just walk over to me and start tugging at the neck of my top and trying to pull the bottom of it up.. sounds like she does what Oskar does. If I just leave her, she'll eventually get a boob out and just help herself. Or if I have a bath with her and she wants some, she'll just sit on my lap, latch on to a boob and help herself.
    LOL at calling it Pa. Thats so cute. LOL. Claire nods and waves her arms too if she knows that I'm about to get a breast out for her. Sometimes I am a little over it, but she loves warm cows milk too so gets that a fait bit. I only breastfeed her in the morning once, once wen I get home from work and once more just before she goes to bed. Sometimes the last one if cows milk though if she emptied my boobs at the earlier feed. I breastfeed her more if she is sick. think I'm just a walking boob to her. lol

Hi everyone, just popping on quickly to read up on what you've all been up to, sorry to hear some of you have been so sick - we're doing well over here, with only about 5 weeks till the new arrival, and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the things I want to do/get before she gets here! S is running around like a crazy baby, not talking real words really, except for Dad (Daa-DY!) and sometimes I get "Ma" but that could just be luck I think - what I find so interesting is how much he understands now, even though he can't say that much. Also I've taught him "baby" as I thought it should be a word he needs to know but the concept of there being one in my tummy is just a bit beyond him atm, although he does find my huge belly incredibly amusing (to the point that he will try and pull up my shirt in public so that he can laugh at my bellybutton )

Anyway, really sorry not able to do personals right now, hope to be slowing down a little soon as my MIL will be arriving in about 3 weeks to help out for a month and I might be able to have a little more relax-time then and so can catch up a bit more. Seems I'm having trouble even doing that IRL, let alone online!

Hope you're all well and I'll drop in again soon to see what you've all been up to!

best
    bec
    Last edited by sasha; August 4th, 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: bad pregnant brain!

Hi girls,

business - had to sell it was just too big for little ole me and couldn't do the mummy/wife stuff that I started the business to allow me to do :-) Nothing bad, we made a profit in the sale and it was a good experience - just needed more support from DH but not going to dwell on that.

nappy changes grrr! We are loving our pull up style nappies (I guess I can say brands now I don't own the store anymore) Bumwear nappy pants. I only have two and use them as often as I can!

BF - feeling the same! love BF but a bit over the AMOUNT Ari wants, feels like evertime i sit down she is asking for boobie (nay nay???) Trying to offer other things like a sippy cup or food which usualy works but she has also has developed a habits of sleep+mum = boobie. The most frustrating thing is that she thinks she can take boobie with her. And I feel quite weird feeding in public (which we don't do often but sometimes it's more discrete than arguing with her IYKWIM)

Karina - love all the words! Aren't they cute. Don't worry about size comparisons! You know Claire is perfect :-)

Ozzie - yeah for busy little Oskar, he and Ari are going to have so much fun in september (if your still right to catch up)

Bec, OMG I can't believe it's that close now!!! WOW!!!

Sarah, it's funny how working for yourself can actually make more work. I think that to get to the stage you wanted you need to work "through" that until you're in a place to not do all the work yourself, unfortunately it's not an easy road though. Sarah, we're still fine to catch up with you guys!

Ok.... looks like we're having a baby next April.... Wed, Thurs and this morning, so I'm going with that. EDD will be 18/04. Wow, can't believe that. Kinda feel like it's not real yet though and also part of me is thinking, OMG what am I doing!!!

Aww Cass, thats awesome!! Congrats!!

Congratulations Cass!!! How exciting!!

Wow Bec, the time has really flown (for me anyway, I'm sure it hasn't for you!). So you know that your having a girl hey? Any definate names picked out yet, or are you waiting to see what she looks like first?

I really wish that we could be TTC-ing right now, but we just aren't in the right place financially to be able to do it. We have to get screens on our windows and doors (there is no screen door on the back sliding door, and to put one on it looks like we will have to replace the entire door - there is nowhere for one to go on at the moment), and an electrician in (some dodgy powerpoints that don't work, and others that are just in really stupid places, and some stupid lights that die if left on for too long), and heaps more other things first...bit of a bummer.... And then our washing machine died this week, and flooded the house, and soaked through a wall, and saturated the carpet in our WIR, so have to get all of that fixed up, and get a new machine.

I think I really need to win lotto......I don't mean like millions of dollars (though that would be good), but just enough to pay off our car, credit card, and get started on the things around the house that need to be done...

Anyway, Emy is growing and getting smarter every single day... last week she learnt 3 new words in one day.......don't remember what they are now, coz she says a lot (dog, cat, shoe, book, hat, moo, bzzzz, baa, uh oh, and some others but I've gone blank right now...), but it has really made me crack down on DHs swearing around her - I really don't want my little girl learning the F-word next!

But her favourite word is something like Nemma (n-em-ma). No-one has yet figured out what it is supposed to be, coz she was saying Emy, but now just says her new word over and over again whenever she wants something.

She is starting to really get naughty too - she always wants to be picked up, but then when I do she will give me a quick cuddle, and then start hitting me, or pinching me. I don't really know how to stop her - we have tried saying no, don't hit, don't hit mummy, gentle, and giving her a smack on her hand, but nothing has worked so far....and she has this really nasty expression on her face when she does it too. Anyone got any ideas?

Karina and Ali, thanks. Not sure that I'm not crazy though, especially after Oskar's mood today! OMG he has been just sooooo cranky and if he hasn't been able to do what HE wants WHEN he wants then it's been the almighty waterworks like you've never seen before.

Ali, to you hun. I had a quick read of your post in boohoo but didn't get a chance to reply there so I'll do it here. You've really had a sucky time of it and I hope that it gets better really quick! I hope that the insurance sorts it out for you and the lotto would be wonderful wouldn't it. I'm the same as you. Not particularly after millions (although yes it would be nice) but enough to get rid of the bills - including mortgage - and then a little to play with. Funny thing is though... YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT! I don't bother doing it cos hmmmm don't really know why, just don't...lol. I don't have any ideas for Emmy either. Oskar hits my leg if sometimes he doesn't get what he wants and he has that kinda I'm angry at you look on his face. I tend to ignore as he seems to keep doing some of these things when he gets attention for it.

Oh Cass, congratultions!!!! How exciting! Yes I agree we really did need to push through it and we had plans to start franchising and things like that but Bob wasdiagnoised with Ross River, Xander has started OT and having lots of issues at school and I was beginning to get frustrated with Ariya as I couldn't get work done while she was at home which is not the way it's suppose to be not to mention it was starting to cause issues between Bob and I BIG time - just not worth it. We are a much happier household now and I know that I can run a business now so when the times right we can try again.

Ali - I think it's pretty normal developmentally wise, they don't really understand that it hurts it's just something new to do that usually gets a reaction, sometimes it might be a way of expressing frustration but usually it's just a game. We use key words so everytime Ari hurts her self we say "owie" while it's hurting, then when she hurts us or others we use the same word so she understands it hurts. If you can try and avoid making a big deal out of it as that will reward her by getting a big reaction IYKWIM. We try to avoid tapping/smacking hands as most kids will just imitate that and end up hitting you or others back. HTH a little

Bec - hope you get some relax time and all the best for the count down :-)

Omg - just a quick one to say OMG CONGRATS CASSIE!!! thats soo kewl
    Will come back and do personals once my darling terror (opps i mean princess is in bed)

Sarah and Cass, thank you girls so much

Sarah, yeah I it's so hard working through the "pain" of a growing business. We sold ours too partially for the same reasons. We know we can do it, but wasn't really the right time nor the right business for us.

I have my first doc appointment tomorrow at 4pm, so I'm guessing will be getting the jabs done and go from there. If I can get BT's done tomorrow arvo I will - well only if I can get results Fri cos otherwise I'll go insane over the w/e!! I'm hoping not to jinx myself here, but been feeling really quite good for the most part, bit nauseas if I need to eat but I was like that with Joshua too and only vomited once, so I'm hoping for the same as with Oskar I had it a LOT worse and was feeling really crappy for quite a while and lots of vomiting! So with the lack of m/s sometimes makes me feel it's not real, so a BT with levels will make me feel better Cos I DON'T WANT m/s!

Just popped on quick to say CONGRATULATIONS CASS - it's really lovely news

OMG Cas,...congratulations!!! How exciting.

Wow Bec..can't believe how fast that time has gone. Enjoy these last 5 weeks with just you and Seb.

Haven't got time to really write much now but just wanted to say hi.

Hey Hey Hey - How is everyone hope your all doing fantastic its been a long time since i did post! All our little ones must keep us pretty busy and not sleep as much anymore we are all hardly in here hehehe!

Hi Rachel,
    Hi Bec - OMG not long now thats great Hope your putting your feet up and resting as much as possible
    Hey cass, how did you appointment go? Hows little oska!
    Hey sarah - How are you darl hope all is well
    Hey Ali - How are you? Emy sounds like shes growoing up so fast... Re: to being naughty - maybe just trying to ignore her, when she does it make no reaction and just put her down an walk away???

Everyone else helllllloo!!!

Well izzy izzy izzy! Has grown into the independent little gorgeous girl! she is just the cuttest thing! shes learning so much every day its just fantastic!

Some of the most cheekest things she has learnt lately is to go hide! If i go to the toilet she will go and hide and i will have to come out and go IZZY and she wont answer thats how i know shes hiding and then i keep calling her name and eventually i here giggles and know where she is by the time i get to her she is laughing soo much its just too cute!
    And atm when i go to put her in her chair she flexes her back so she is totally straight and i have to quickly tickle and distract her, so i can buckle her up hehe!
    She also has a very cheeky naughty side too - but its so hard to be mad at her when she is too cute (i might need help with this part hehe) When she is climbing the stairs she has the biggest smile and when you take her off she just laughs soo much! I do use a stern NO but she still does it...

Some of you girls might have read we're ttcing for another one My 2nd but our 4th, and after this thats it I think four is enough... I am so exciting and soo much want another one - i which there was an easier way to do it hehe... Go for a blood test as soon as your dtd to see if you UTD or not lol!

anyways i have to go thinks to do!
    Kisse sand huggs to all

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast