Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #2

hello, just thought i would pop in, got my arms full with a grumbling miss ariya who is being very fussy, only feeding foir short times, going to sleep and waking up hungry and DS has come down with a cold - yeah and my assignment is due in 10 days! on an up note the craft fair is this week so hubby is on babysitting duty and I'm going nuts on quilting fabric and a new machine!!!!!

Hello Ladies

gosh Claire has been a booby hog alllll day and has been cranky and not settling. I just took her for a nice walk and she has finally gone to sleep so I can now eat dinner!
    I'm so tired, so its just about bed time for me too.

Hope everyone is well.

Hi all...just thought i'd pop on quickly before I hopefully head off to bed. We're all feeling much better here now luckily, although have realised that spicy curries/indian food and Grace do not agree! Had a hot curry last night (not intentionally hot I stuffed up!) and Indian on Saturday night and both of these nights, Grace hasn't gone back to sleep between 4am feed and next feed! May just be coincidental but this has happened both nights. She hasn't been screaming or anything, just very awake. She has now been asleep since 8pm in her rocker, i am guessing that as soon as I try to move her into her cot she will wake, so i will feed her then too and hope for another 6 hour sleep. Not much else happening here really, she is getting cuter and cuter(if that is even possible). Anyway, I really should go, DH is at work tonight so it is just me and I am pooped! Hope everyone else is doing well and getting enough sleep. Take care.

well that was an interesting event. After I got off the computer I took Grace to her room and decided to change her nappy (she was still asleep) and thought that would wake her and she would want a feed. I managed to change her nappy without her really stirring. Then I ummed and aaahed and decided I would try to feed her before going to bed, she fed without waking! I burped her and put her to bed and she didn't wake - very bizarre. I thought I might be lucky to get until 3am as she had been asleep since 7.45pm. She woke at 5.30am!!! I couldn't believe it. Fed well then went back to sleep until 9am!! She is such a good girl. Mind you she had been awake nearly all day. She has a snotty nose too so maybe that is making her tired, i don't know but it made for a very good night for me.

She has more red spotty things on her face and neck today, i believe it is this hormone rash they get around 6 weeks or so, hormones really do have a lot to answer for!

I've noticed this morning that the disposable nappies that we are trying to use up before she grows out of them are leaving crystals on her, you know the stuffing from the inside, is this ok for her skin? It's not even when they are really wet. They are the babylove ones. Weird.

She is such a spoilt little girl, she is still getting presents! Some really cute stuff. I have decided though that when it comes to all in one suits they really need to make the feet larger. She has some really gorgeous all in one outfits but because she has long feet a lot of them won't fit for nearly as long as they should which is a bummer. Hope everyone else is well.

Hi...Just thought I'd quickly pop in to let you know I'm not really MIA...just had a majorly bad night Sat night and Sunday all he did was be a crankypants and didn't want anyone but me...so that made doing anything at all so difficult. I was soooo tired and I ended up crying Sunday night cos he still wasn't settling and I just wanted to sleep and when he did go to sleep I was afraid to put him down in case he woke up!! It took a couple of days to get over it cos I was so tired.

He's been a lot better since and may have been having a growth spurt. We went to the baby clinic yesterday and that's what she thinks anyway. He has put on 930 gms since birth...that's just over 300 gms a week!! Little porker...lol. He's grown 3.5 cm in length...my little man is growing up too fast already!!!!

Better run, he's whinging for the boob AGAIN!! I hope everyone and all bubs are doing well. Sorry I have not caught up on the posts since I last posted, but haven't actually been near the computer in days. Take care and keep smiling

Hey i got an interesting fact today... don't know too much truth in it... But they say that the mother's breast milk has a drug in it ' which does the same effect as a sleeper pill!

Just a quick note to say hello! Me and Izzy are fine - just resting up...

Soooooo tired. Just when Tate seems to be feeding every 4hrs at night (feels like a miracle after 2hr feeds for the past fortnight), DS#1 decides to get out of bed many times between 2am and 4am. I had a mini meltdown this afternoon. I had my heart set on napping when DS#1 was napping, but Tate had other ideas and cried for 1.5hrs. So I decided to feed him (AGAIN), and he has been asleep since 3pm, it is now 4:30pm, and DS#1 has been AWAKE since 3pm. ARGH! Hang in there me................!

Aaww Jessica, hang in there. It will get better as you know. I think though when you are used to your baby being so good and getting good sleep overnight, when they don't do that it really hits hard, well it does for me anyway.

Well I can't believe it. It's just after 7pm and I have had dinner! Grace is asleep in the rocker after her bath. She has been so good today. She slept between her feed at 11.20 to 2.20 which is unusual for her, I started to think something was wrong, lol. I am so used to her being awake all day that I forget she is actually supposed to be sleeping in the day. I hope it doesn't effect her overnight sleep though as DH is at work again. Fingers crossed. Have a good night ladies.

Rachel , interesting how Grace didnt wake when she fed. Claire also has a red spottiy rash on her neck - looks like its clearing now though. lol I have trouble with the all in one suits, especially Bonds Wondersuits - they need to make the cuffs around the wrists bigger.

Cass, thats great about Oskars growing. Cant believe how much bigger Claire seems already. Hope you have a better night and get some sleep.

Cass blob, hmm very intersting about breast milk having something in it which puts bubs to sleep.. must be the explanation to why I can knock her out with my boob.

Jessica, i hope you manage to get a bit of rest!

Weve had a pretty good day. Claire slept for 5 hours last night, and another 5 hours today. Had some trouble settling her last night but after taking her for a walk and giving her a nice long feed and bath she had a good sleep, then I ended up waking up soaking in milk because I had filled up and leaked all over myself and the bed - lovely! I am really loving this Baby Bjorn thing I have. When she is in it she just stares at me, so cute! I have taken soooo many photos of Claire. I am trying to get one when she smiles, but I am too slow.

How long are your bubs awake between sleeps? Claire is usually awake about 1-1.5 hours, sometimes even up to 3 or 4. Just interested to see what other babies are like?

Cass blob...the sleeping pill thingy with the boob needs to be stronger in my case...lol. He doesn't sleep long enough when I put him down!! He's ok at night usually, just in the day!!

Jessica, to you. That's so how I felt the other day when Oskar was waking every hour in the night and then wouldn't settle the next day and didn't want anyone but me. I just wanted to have a full on melt down! I hope you get some rest hon.

Rachel..I have to check Oskar if he sleeps like that in the day...just to make sure he's ok cos he doesn't sleep in the day!!

Karina have you got some pics to share?? She looks so cute in the ticker pic. I am hanging for Oskar to start with the smiles...I love how cute they are when they are little and start smiling.

Hi everyone. Sounds like everyone is tired, and babies are all doing well...feeding like little troopers!! I had forgotten how tired you get in this first few months.

Cass - Oskar sounds like he is doing really well with putting on so much weight and growing so much.

Well, we have had a pretty tiring week so far. I have finally been able to find out what the pain in my breasts has been after each feed, it is called vasospasm or Raynaud's of the nipple. I saw the lactation consultant on Monday who knew exactly what it was...I have been treating thrush for a week, but it wasn't that at all. Anyway, the LC spent 2 hours with me and Nicholas and came out with a few different things for all the trouble we have been having. He has a disorganised suck which means that he can't do the suck, swallow continual breathing he needs to do to feed. He goes suck suck swallow, big breath, he kind of holds his breath instead, then pulls away from the breast to breath. He also sucks his bottom lip in instead of flanging it out, and he has reflux. By Monday night, I was in tears as my breasts were so painful after feeding him and then he was screaming because of the reflux. As he hasn't been feeding well, he wasn't getting the hind milk and this can apparently make the reflux worse. I decided to start giving him a bottle at night to see if this made a difference, and it did, so I have decided to give up breast feeding altogether and give him formula. It is a really emotional decision, and I am still doubting myself, but I just couldn't stand the pain after feeds, which was lasting for up to 2 hours (throbbing pain). Nicholas has also not been putting on weight, so hopefully now with the formula, he will start thriving!

Anyway...we are now on formula and Nicholas is on medication for his reflux. Hopefully we will have a better night tonight. He has only been going 2 hours between feeds, maybe 3. He is such a different baby than Chloe and Jas, they were so easy!!!

Hope everyone is great, all the babies seem to be doing what they are supposed to. Take care everyone!

Cass, yes, i do have pics. Theyre on my website - the link is in my sig. I am obsessed with taking pics! The smiles are so beautiful! I hope Oskar gives you a beautiful smile soon.

JoMarie, sorry to hear youre having trouble with feeding. Glad you now know what the reason for it is though. Please dont beat yoursel up over not continuing with breastfeeding - You gave it your best shot, and little Nicholas needs you to be in good shape to care for him. I hope the medication helps his reflux too.

Just typed a lovely long reply and in my tiredness pressed the wrong button and lost everything.

Thank you for all your sympathy girls, I know you all understand!

I am def feeding Tate too often. He asked for more after 2hrs this morning and I cuddled/patted/rocked instead and he slept another hour. Same thing happened this afternoon and he lasted another 1.5hrs. So the cheeky monkey will have to stop expecting milk everytime he cries! He is absolutely stacking on the weight so I am happy with my decision to try other things before feeding him.

Jo, well done you for lasting this long. B/feeding is VERY hard, without the pain, difficulties.

well just when i thought i was doin fine i dont think i am , im so tired apart from last nite i put taylen down around 8 pm and he work at 2.45 am i couldn bleive it, thats the best ever ....
    but he got in a bad habit o f wakin 12 am then 3 am but wanting to stay awake 4 about 2 hrs and then go back to sleep walking up around 6 am . this waking up in the middle of the nite and wanting to stsay awake is a killer any ideas on wat to do for this.

i go for my 6 wk check today , taylen as well. so i lok forward to find out how much weight he has puit on im sure its alot.
    and i got my baby tomy carrier this week , ive used its great just takes a little while to get use to though

Jo, don't beat yourself up hun!! Just a question...could you express for him?? I don't know if you still get the pain then or if it's too late now or not.

Karina, you have some gorgeous pics of Claire! I love the one with her little knitted beanie on..it's soooo beautiful!!

Jessica, Oskar is a lot like that during the day so I just go with it cos he seems to sleep fairly well most nights. The past 2 though he's woken at 3 and fussed around for an hour or more before finally letting me put him back in his bed!!

He did go to sleep just after 5 yesterday and went through till just after 10...pity it wasn't from 10 or midnight that he did this...lol. Oh well, I did get to make and eat dinner without him crying and wanting to feed.

Savina, all the best with your checkup!!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

hey all!
    I took Izzy to the health Nurse today - She is (you ready for it) 5.06 Kilo's!!! My big baby! Heh no1 can't say i'm not feeding her right My little guts!~ I now have to recline my chair right back when feeding her so she has to work harder for it - otherwise if i sitting up, it comes out to fast and she chokes and splutters everywhere...

jo - soz bout your troubles with breastfeeding... But he did get the best part (colostrum)... Don't bet your self up hun... YOu did well!

Savina - Maybe try keeping him up a little longer during the afternoons... I found if i fiddle with izzy a little more cuddles playing floor time with no nappy etc - when its time for her to sleep she has generally 7ish to 10ish then shes awake for big feed and burb then bed till 5ish (this dosnt work all the time) but generally has... Since leaving the hosp, i havn't had her up 'awake' at nights - just awake for fed and back to sleep!

Good luck with your check up - I go next thur for myne...

hope everyone else is well! take care

Hi all, keep trying to get on to say hi only I get interrupted by a certain someone. We're doing well. Grace generally sleeping 6 hours at least overnight which is great. I am finding though that she will go back to sleep for 3-4 hours but then will take a lot to settle after that, i'mk not keen on getting up around 5.30-6am just yet so we are working on this! She has started to fuss with her feeding especially on the right side. She will feed really well for 5-10 minutes but when she first comes off it is sometimes a struggle to get her back on, I actually think that the letdown second time around takes a long time on my right side and she gets frustrated because if I can keep her persisting until then she will feed well again. It's so frustrating though, for both of us, she gets so cranky and then it's even harder to get her on.

Cass- Izzy is just growing and growing! Well done.

Savina - can't help you i'm afraid, but I hope you start getting more sleep overnight soon. How did your checkup go?

Jo - well done for breastfeeding as long as you did, i hope things improve for you now.

Hope everyone else is well. Take care.

Cass blob, Wow at Izzy being 5 kg now! Claire is now 4.1kg. Taking after me, I suppose lol.

Savina, yay that your appointment went well. Claire sleeps for longer at night if I keep her up for a bit like what Cass mentioned. We play for a while and then she tires herself out, I give her a huge feed and she sleeps for about 4 - 5 hours. usually it works.lol also settles quite welll if I take her for a walk.

Cass thanks i think Claire is pretty gorgeous. The beanie was given to us in hospital. There was a lady going around handing out beanies! Yay at being able to make dinner without having to attend to Oskar! I have been having cold, late dinners lately. hehe. Just looked at your website too. Oskar is soo cute - the boxing picture is sweet. Youre into the Wondersuits too! I have heaps of wondersuits.

Jessica, yay Tate will settle with a cuddle. He must be having enough to eat if he is putting on lots of weight. Claire is such a booby monster lol.

I am at home by myself again tonight. DH is out. I am worried about him actually. He seems really down and depressed. I try to help, but he doesnt seem to want me to help.

Claire is just sooo obsessed with my boob. Does anyone else find their bub grabs at and squeezes their breast when feeding? Claire does and she digs her nails in too!

How long do you play with your bubs before they get bored or cranky?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast