Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #2

Hello, just popping in to say hi, Ariya is finally asleep and I have an assignment due in tomorrow. OMG my house is such a pigsty I can hardly stand it. anyone else having housekeeping issues? I feel bad asking DH to help out as we have an understanding that when I'm not working I happily look after the housework but I cannot keep up at the moment! DH is starting to make comments about it so I am feeling really bad :-( Add to that I had a couple of days of bleeding and I think that's what was making Ariya so fussy as I think my milk dried up a little, it's back in force now and the bleeding has stopped - hoping it's not AF already - that would be my luck. OMG i am so jealous of those of you that have cold rainy weather :-( it's still so hot here

Sonia - I always put Ari down on her tummy - it is the only way she will settle, DS was the same. I am taking her to the chiro as she is fussy on her left side also but I think it's also because she has a strong startle reflex and wakes herself up when she is on her back. At night we cosleep and she sleeps on her side mostly but she can also roll over by herlself from back or front to her side but as long as K can lift his head he shouldn't have any trouble.

Ozzie - the4 vac shouldn't be too much of a problem as the rate of vaccinated children in Australia give protection to those unvaccinated, I would make a point of not going over if there is an outbreak of measles etc in the community but generally it should be OK. also your BM will offer protection until Oskars own vaccinations kick in

Karina - i love my clth. I have 12 terry flats plus 1 berry plush, 1 baby beehinds 1 bumgenius pocket some pilchers and a couple of snappis. we use cloth all day and disposables at night and when out and about. I am just buying nappies slowly and building up my stash - it's addictive! i do do a lot of washing but they all go in the dryer and as I buy more I should have to wash less.

rachel - those pics of grace are precious, she is so cute and soo much hair :-)

sasha - sorry to hear about your sister, it's hard when other people think they know what's better for your bub. It's so good that you are strong enough to stick to your guns. i love staying home too so I completely understand. I love my dryer, I bought it when DS was 6wks old and we were living in Maryborough where it rained everyday! def a good investment

OK gotta run - so much to do and so little time :-(

OK gotta go do this assignemt

Sonia Ė glad Kís eye is all fixed. Canít believe he slept through that! Grace doesnít really like being on her tummy, sheís getting better but definitely wouldnít sleep on it. Yeah, the needles are not going to be nice to see them get. Canít let grace cry herself to sleep, it breaks my heart! I didnít think you were supposed to let young babies cry it out?

Karina Ė glad to hear things with DH are working themselves out. You have my email so feel free to email anytime if you need to. Grace does wee and poo with her nappy off. We put a mattress protector underneath her and a flat nappy and clean her as needed, she loves it. Sheíll smile and coo away, sometimes she cries when we put her nappy back on! We only have flat nappies at the moment and we have 36 which allows washing every second day plus use for a vomit catcher etc. am looking at getting fitted though because she really wets these and usually needs to be changed after 2 hours or so, therefore sheís not in them at night. Ow, I had a haemorrhoid the other week, it cleared up but owe!

Cass Ė Grace is the same. Will not go in cot during the day but no probs overnight. Strange huh. Iíve done the hab prop also! Whatever works I say. Yay on the longer sleeps, just need to push it back a bit later now? I probably would be worried about the immunization thing until at least Oskar is immunized, what a hard situation you are in. I had whooping cough when I was 15 ( I had been immunized it just didnít work) and it was really scary, I definitely wouldnít want a small child to have that.

Bec ĖHavenít heard of mandymac nappies..where did you order that through?

Welcome Firstkid and congratulations. We have a loose routine with Grace. We feed 3hourly through the day (9am to 9pmish) then let her call the shots. I always make sure that she has had 6 feeds between midnight and midnight. We have done this from early on and we have routinely got 6 hours of sleep overnight since she was about 3 weeks old. I actually got 7 hours sleep the night before, was blissful. I put on about 18kgs during the pregnancy and Iíve lost 12 kgs since Graces birth and definitely want to lose more ( I was in the process of losing weight when I fell pregnant so want to get to pre pregnancy weight initially and then more), I have given myself 6 -12 months as I donít want to overdo it, kwim?

Jo Ė how is the massage going? Iím glad your first one went well. I did really well with the expressing the other day, I expressed in the morning instead of the night and managed to get 90mls! I was very happy, didnít work the next morning though. Will keep persisting, need to get some bags to store the milk in as Iíve run out of the containers. I could stare at Grace smiling all day it is so cute, yay for your first personal smile.

Caro Ė I burp on my lap and support Graceís head at the front under her chin, but when she is finished I put her over my shoulder to keep her upright for a while. Well done with everything you have gone through.

Sarah - thanks, I think she is gorgeous too. Yes, she was born with that amount of hair it is just longer now!

Have to go and have a shower now as Brother in law is going to arrive shortly from Adelaide. Iíve tried to respond the best I can in the time I have, sorry if I have missed anything. Hope everyone is ok. Try to catch up soon.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Bec - I have that with my SIL. Sometimes I feel she says things to me and Im not sure if I am taking it the wrong way but it feels like she is talking down to me beacause she has two boys and been through it all, I like to get advice off her but then i like to make my own decisions.

Sarah yay for Claire also liking it on her tummy, K lifts his head and changes from side to side so not really worried there, only thing i sort of worry about is if he vomits and has his face in it.

Rachel: - not sure about not letting young babies cry it out, i guess its up to each parent, K screams if i dont feed him straight away i let him settle a bit before putting him on the boob cant get his way all the time.. hahaha.. But i dont like to let him cry when i put him to bed, he mainly just grizzles and thats if he has wind *and he has alot of that.. He eats way to fast.

Kaiden slept lastnight from 9.30-3.00 this morning.. SO HAPPY, he is soo happy in his room on his belly, i am now used to the Tic noise the monitor makes with each of his movements, it like i have him in the room i do miss him being in our room but I do prefer him to get used to his cot IYKWIM. We co sleep in the mornings from 6.30-9.00 then we get up and have breaky and feed him at 9.30 then go for a walk back in time for a bit of sleep then feed him again at 11.30 then maybe head out for the day or stay home, i do like staying home but it can do my head in and have to go out and meet some friends or go to my mums, dont like to go to the shops to much because i dont have the money to spend.

Well off to sort out his room i have clothes everywhere, sorting them into sizes and what i have washed and what i havent washed.

Hope everyone is well.

Love Sonia
    xx

wow u gals i m finding it hard to get on these days with my 4 kids , and i get lost behind with all your chatting i will tyry to do personal replies but it will take me forever to catch up today
    but welcome to firstkid, i put on about 20 kgs to ive lost about 10kgs, but still have another 10 to go hbut my belly is a reall prob still, its really fat and gross making it hard for me to wear anything still in my maternity clothes which are a little to big but yet all my other stuff is to small i reaslly want to start walking but im so exhausted with everything between 4 kids and house cleaning im finding that just a bit 2 hard yet

im really worried as i m a matron of hornor in september, so i feel extra stress about the weight

Taylens really good today he slapt from 8 to 3am last wat a dream but i watched biggest loser last nite so i didnt get the whole sleep my own fault oh well ,

all babies are lookin real cute in your pics

talk when i can
    Savina

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Evening...

Lastnight well this morning the monitor alarm went off and i bolted out of bed, ran to kaidens room fell over on our concrete floors and bruised my knee luckily stopped my head from hitting the ground. I have been feeling dizzy all lastnightand early this morning so probably didnt help that i got up so quickly.

Today Kaiden has been on my boob most of the day, im finding he is sleeping for about 1 hr then wanting a nother feed.

Can i ask how much everyones bubs are having?? When you express how much?? And how long are they staying on your boobs for at one time?

Sonia, i hope your knee feels better soon. Claire loves booby too. I wouldnt have a clue how much she is having, but she has some every 2 or 3 hours. Smoetimes overnight she might go 4 hours. She will stay on anywhere between 10 minutes and 30 minutes. I dont do both boobs, I just do one. When I express, I dont get much at all - maybe 30 mls and it takes me sooooo long just to get that amount. I express by hand because I just cant get any sort of seal with my pump so nothing comes out at all. I also find i just need to get out of the house - just a walk is good enough for me! I dont like the shops either, I'm a bit poor atm (2 cars up for rego within a month of each other!!) so I cant buy all the cool things I see! thats great Kaidens eye is better - what a champ that he slept through the whole thing!

Cass, to be honest, i would probably be concerned about Claire spemding too much time with unimmunised children, especially if there was an "outbreak" of something. We've decided to immunise Claire, and we're going to have her 8 week vax done next week. I personally dont know whether I'd say anything to the parents of the kid though - I am not so good with words and would probably just end up sounding really insulting and losing a friend! so sorry, cant really give you any advice on that one! I totally respect that some people dont want to immunise, plus there is talk that there is a link between immunising and things like autism, though I dont know how much research there is in that, so I'm sure people have their reasons for not doing the immunisations.

Savina, wow 8 pm - 3 am, thats a great sleep! Ikwym about missing sleep due to TV. I always say just till the next ad break then I'll go to sleep, and before I know it an hour has passed and I'm still watching TV. lol. Good luck on your wight loss journey, I'm sure youll look great for this wedding later in the year.

I'm really tired today but i just cant get to sleep! I took Claire into work yesterday to show her off and she was so quiet until the second I got in the lift, then she started screaming, and didnt stop till I got back in the lift to go home... she mustn't like the office or something. lol. i dont blame her! it was nice to say hi and catch up though.

I love Claire! I've taken so many photos of her - always got a camera in her face lol. I finally got one of her smiling lol, well DH did actually.

We're taking Claire on her first big drive tomorrow - we're going to the hunter valley (about an hour and half to two hours drive from our place) to visit hubbys parents for his mums bday. I hope we go ok, might have to make a few stops along the way i think!

take care everyone!

Just a quick catch up glad to see everyone is doing well.

savina - good on you for getting on here at all with 4kids, you sound like you are doing a brilliant job

sonia - ouch1 hope your knees feel better, was everything OK when you got in there! Ariya had a couple of boobie days and is just settling down now although she has gone ack to 1.5- 1hr feeds this arvo as it has been stinking hot today. i think there is a growth spurt or something around 6wks cause I can remember mt sister telling me with DS not to feel bad if I felt like ditching BF around 6wks as it feels like they are constantly on the boob (which is how I am feeling right now :_)

Caro -woohoo on the weight gain!!!!!!!!!!! Know how you feel about that precious BM it's worth more than gold!

To everyone else hope all those gorgeous bubs are doing great!

Hi all..have a few minutes and thought I'd pop in and say hi before I go and work out what modern cloth nappies I want to buy. We had another good night, fed at 7.30pm and woke at 4.30am. Really can't complain, but have had an ordinary day today. Grace has been really irritable and cranky today. She has had moments where she has worked herself into such a state that her face is bright red and her eyes are all puffy from the tears - it breaks my heart as it was a cry that I had never heard her do before. She is SO overtired as she didn't sleep between her 7am and 10am feed which she normally does so I think it has taken it's toll. Hope we have a good night as I am pooped. Had another child health nurse appointment today. Grace is now 5.24kgs adding another 660grams in the last 2 weeks! I can't believe how quickly she is growing, she is 58cm long now. I'm tired because I walked there which was a 25minute walk and then afterwards I walked another 25 minutes to meet DH and BIL for lunch and had to walk really fast and sing at the same time as she was crying her eyes out. It is the biggest walk i've done since having her, I am so unfit! I had to stop singing because I was puffing, luckily she had fallen asleep by now. I must've looked stupid almost running with a pram holding a screaming baby and me singing 'here we go round the mulberry bush' but not knowing all the words so making them up as I go. It worked at least.

Sonia - I have had to take Grace away from the boob today as she has cracked it and not feeding well so I have had to hold her up and give her her dummy and let her calm down - she hasn't liked that either. It's so hard isn't it? I could never leave her to scream in the cot. Mind you, as I said above, she was screaming in the pram today and I couldn't pick her up but I just made sure she knew I was still around and she eventually fell asleep. I was talking about this with my BIL and the problem is that no-one really knows the best thing to do and you need to do what you feel comfortable with. I hope your knee feels better soon you poor thing. What a fright you would've gotten when the alarm went off. I assume K was ok. This was the reason why DH and I decided not to get a movement monitor as there are times when babies don't move and the alarm would sound and I would FREAK OUT! But that's just me. Lucky you didn't hit your head. In the last day or two Grace has started to get her full feed in about 15 minutes, sometimes 25minutes, not sure how much she gets but her weight gain indicates that she is definitely getting enough. As for expressing, i was getting 70mls a time but lately it is really variable, especially depending on the time off day I do it. I was getting 30mls but I managed to get 90mls last time I expressed, very variable.

Oh...a while ago I posted that I had been told you give 20mls/kg of EBM - this is not correct, it changes as the baby grows, sorry.

Karina - I know what you mean about the photo's. We have taken over 650photos in 7 weeks! Thank goodness for digital. One day I took 100photos as I was just clicking away! We will be very thankful in years to come that we have them. Good luck with your drive and enjoy the day.

Caro, yay on michaels weight gain, must be a relief for you. Maybe Grace has the same problem as she has put on approximately 300g per week and she possits alot too, very messy business. Oh, my heart goes out to you, I too would be devastated if I had dropped the EBM, it is such a task to get it, especially after midnight!

Take care and have a great weekend.

Last night I came on and wrote a lovely big reply with personals and all...I went to post it and it had kicked me out so I had to resign in...but it wouldn't let me!! GRRR...so I gave up in disgust! So, obviously now 24 hours later I can't remember most of what I said!

I do recall this... I agree with everyone on the immunisation issue. For the risk of a severe allergic reaction is less than the child having a severe case of chickenpox, measles etc..and either having a lifelong problem from this (deafness, blindness, infertility etc) or even possibly dying.

Karina, there is not actually a proven link with autism etc. I've read quite a lot of different things, but I do think that our life today without polio and the likes is a lot better than what it would've been 50 years ago. Good luck with your trip!! I have to stop just going an hour away sometimes cos the little man decides he's hungry! All I can say is I'm glad that I don't have to plan ahead and have to decide how many bottles I may need. We're also photo mad.

Sonia, I hope your knee gets better and that you feel better too!! I take it that the alarm was a false alarm?? I couldn't tell you how much Oskar gets from the boob. During the day he can feed anywhere from 1 - 3 hours between a feed. Keep in mind though that they also want the boob if they're thirsty from being a bit warm or something. He will feed usually within 30 mins but has been known to want to just stay attached and use me as a human dummy...lol. If I am just at home then mostly I oblige this and just let him stay there as he's happy.

Savina, that's an awesome sleep!! I know what you mean about tv at times. Sometimes I really want to watch something and know that I should be in bed cos I'm tired...oh well, cest la vie. Other times I'm good and tape it...lol

Caro, I'm so glad to hear that my birth buddy's little man is doing so well now!! It's such wonderful news. He's such a special little man. I haven't actually made a decision on if I should or shouldn't say something to my friend. I am a firm believer in the choice to or not to, however having said that...I don't think that not immunising is the right thing unless of course you have suffered a severe reaction and needs further discussion with the doctor then.

Oskar smiled his first real smile on Wednesday and today I managed to get a photo of it...it is just so beautiful, he melts my heart. He had a bit of a bad afternoon today though and just wasn't a happy camper. He's been asleep now since about 8 though. I'm touching wood whilst saying this... but he's been doing really quite well at night and going up to 7 hours (usually around 6 hours) between his feed and then about 3 hours on the next one, so I'm really only having to get up once a night then he's up around 5:30am but I do stay in bed with him for at least another 2 hours even if I have to have him attached to my boob so I can have a bit more sleep. This morning though I did try him on his belly even if it is naughty and he went to sleep almost straight away for about an hour and a half. I felt ok with this decision as he was next to me and he can lift his head really well cos he does this when he's asleep on me.

Anyway, shall leave it there for now, will speak again soon. Take care until next time

I tried to edit, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Caro, I forgot to add that I would've bawled my eyes out if I'd dropped BM. I haven't acutally expressed as yet. I have a pump but haven't done it. I wouldn't use it atm though. I am afraid of letting Oskar so much as have a bottle once yet cos what if he likes it better than he likes my boob, then I'd really cry

Rachel, that's like Oskar was today. We were in the car and the poor little mite was crying and worked himself up so much and he even had little coughs in between his cry every now and then and he also had the little shaken cry sound (don't know if that makes sense). I went to pull over in a park and was driving to find a parking spot and he fell asleep so I leave and thought I'll get fuel on the way home as he's asleep now...well, he woke up and then cried all the way home (about 10 mins) and I was talking to him and telling him I was still there and my heart was breaking and I just wanted to stop and hold him but I knew it was better if I just got home. He then spent the rest of the day (from about 3:30pm) in my arms until he went to bed. Oh apart from having a cuddle with dad for a little while and his bath.

Hey ladies...
    Took izzy to the nurse today regarding her unsetlling week, and nurse has put it down to thrush an bad wind!~! Didn't put much weight on - only 70grams... but we're hoping that's because of unsettled week , and she puts more on next week... Still going to docs and chiro just to double check my monster is A'ok!

Scarest thing happen tonight! I tell you i have never been so scared in my life! Driving out to my mums, and was on the straight 100k/hour stretch and a car went past and hit my mirror which smashed my window and showered glass all over me and izzy. I pulled over to the side of the road never been so scared in my life! The other car didnt even stop! I was only 2mins from mums house so i went there. there was glass everywhere, my hand and face got most of the blow... AND very very Thankfully izzy was unharm~ Didn't even wake her!

But i quickly chucked her in the shower with me and made sure she wasn't hurt anywhere... Then the police came and took details - but because i couldnt get rego for the other car, there's nothin they can do...

I've been in car accidents before... But just that chance izzy could be hurt, was the most scarest thing! i freaked! i was a mess! still am... Still pulling glass out everywhere too!

So thats my night, i'm going to go lay with my izzy... night girls!

Woohoo finished my assignment - at last! Now if only I can get my house clean everything will be perfect :-) DH and I had a bit of a heated discussion about it yesterday but hoping things have settled now. I feel like such a bad mummy as I have bween staying up late doing this assignment and Ariya has been staying up too - have no idea why she changed her routine, mayube she can tell I'm not in bed but anyway... she slept from midnight to 6am (that's our longest iin ages) and is now curled up in bed with dad. Hoping we get back into routine though, don't really want to be staying up until midnight every night.

Cass_blob - OMG so good to hear you are OK. i can't believe the other car didn't even stop. Having kids in the car makes driving so much scarier.

Caro - i thi8nk babies like there tummy because it stops them from waking themselves up with the startle reflex and it can also help them pass intestinal wind as it relaxes the bowel.

Ozzie - Ari hates the car and does that everytime we go driving - it hate it! Actually I'm lying we have had a few trips in the last couple of days where she was a bit more settled but it doesn't last for long. It's so hard isn't it. But if you've got to get somewhere, you have to get somewhere. And congrats on the smile!

Rachel - have fun buying your nappies. have you seen the new one from Jamtots (make berry plush) called kangasomething (looks good) I just bought another pocket a haute it think it's called amd looking at getting some hemp flats. I am loving cloth! Would have loved to have heard the song you were singing :-) we were told at Gymbaroo that it's good to change the words of nursery rhymes, so technically you were doing something educational :-)

Cass - you poor thing. that would freak me out. glad you r both ok.

Caro - funny the mixed info we get. i was told it is good for them to hold their head up as it strengthens their neck muscles which is really important. it's dangerous to let them sleep prone if they are unattended in case they face plant and can't move their head and then can't breath, but if you are watching them u can help with that, at least until their neck is stronger.

Sarah - if changing the words for nursery rhymes is good then grace is lucky as i can never remember the real words. you are not a bad mummy btw, i can never get the housework done unless dh is home so we do it together while juggling grace. haven't seen that new nappy. there is so much choice its hard to no where to begin. i'm still struggling with do i go AIOs, AIO pockets, pockets, fitteds? so confusing....i was looking at the haute nappy, let me know what u think. found some bamboozles at a good price so trying to get opinions on them. impressed with our peapods just need the poo test.

Thanks girls... i'm still freaked out... i dont want to drive with izzy in my car!
    And i've decided come monday i am fixing the window and mirror (which being a new car is going to cost me a fortune - but not as much as the excess in my insurance) it's getting fixed - and i am out looking to bye a new car! because i have had too mnay close calls in that one! I think my guardian angel is running her self thin! time to trade in!

Katrina - i just read that your DD is still in 0000! Oh my gawd! Izzy don't fit in them no more! i had to put them away! Even some of her 000 are getting to small!

Karina how was Hunter Valley?? Sounds like a lovely day trip. When I took Kaiden into the office he wasnt really settled either, must be the office vibe.. i really dont want to go back to work..

Caro: OMG dropping the breastmilk, i hold on to mine for dear life, every last drop of the milk is precious. Kaiden was also putting on around 700g in two weeks, he eats so much thtas for sure, he also spews alot but doesnt have refux or colic because he doesnt scream at all, just discomfort. I have stomach calm (brauer) which works a treat for him. He has just gone down to sleep after throwing up quiet a bit, th epoor darling eats so quickly as my milk just comes out so fast.

Cass: - Jesus Christ im glad to hear you are ok. your poor thing, that would have scared the living day lights out of me.. Glad to hear you are both ok.

Sarah: - YAY for finishing your assisngment.. Thank god i have my mum to help me out because i certainly wouldnt be able to keep up with all the housework, DH has no right to say anything i dont think, you are a full time mother who is studying as well, how are you supposed to fit in housework too.. Your not super woman.... SOrry vent to your DH

K sleeps on his tummy mainly because he has the startle reflex and its out of control and knocks himself in the head everytime.. Even when i got to put him on the change table his arms fling out.. Poor little fella. He sleeps in the grobag so i cant swaddle him so stomach it is, if that is the only way he is going to sleep soundly then so be it.

Everything was ok with K and the alarm, he moved off the line of the sensor pads so it couldnt pick up his breathing.

I have dermatitis under my eyes so i look like death warmed up, feeling gross and very unhealthy, been very dizzy and feeling overweight.. Anyone else feeling a bit off??? I am off to Dr on Monday to get checked out, anyone know of any nautral stuff I can take to get my energy back.. DH went Jetskiing today. .. Ahhhh least he can still live the life, im certainly not getting into shorts/bathers etc.. My body just aint ready for that.

Caro, definitely a smile!! I was mucking around with him laying on my lap and I had his arms and was calling him a cheeky boy and he smiled...that was the one I caught the pic of. I will have to send it from my phone to comp and upload it ..will try to do that tonight.

Cass, how frightening!! I can't belive some people, they would've known they'd hit you too!! It good that you and Izzy are ok though.

Sara, yay for finishing your assignment, and yay for Ariya sleeping!!

Oskar has startle reflex pretty bad too. He had a nap on his belly this morning so I could have more sleep as well.[/I]

Kaiden is smiling, laughing and talking to us and his grand parents he is one little alert boy.. and its definately not wind..

Ok...smiling pic is now on website. Click on Oskar's name.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast