Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #2

cass - gorgeous picture of oskar.
    sonia - hope you feel better soon.
    cass - grace is still in 0000s too but not pants with feet, she fits some 000 but not all. she doesn't really fit 000 wondersuits anymore, not at 5.24kgs!
    Grace is smiling, laughing and talking to anyone that will listen. sometimes it sounds like she is trying to say hello, it is hilarious. not having a good afternoon in regards to containing her waste. she was upset so i took her nappy off as sometimes this settles her, it didn't so i picked her up to give her a reassuring cuddle before putting nappy on and i got widdled on. then after her feed tonight i was cuddling her and she was really restless and i looked down and she had pooed and it had leaked out and all over me. 2 tops i have gone through this afternoon!

Caro, doesn't it just melt your heart.

Lol @ twins...but they are aren't they!! Lucky little fellas!!

Yep it is a rocker. It's a babyco brand. I actually picked it up from a second hand place for only $40! It's a large one, a lot bigger than most I've seen so it's great!! Most of the ones I've seen seem to be almost half the size across so they're really squishy looking and also at least twice what I payed I had seen other ones in second hand shops but always grotty and then I saw this one and it was nice and clean and BIG so I snaffled it on the spot!! I still washed it an all, but I love it and Oskar likes it, but only in the morning ...lol.

Rachel, thanks, I just love the first smiles they give. I was looking at some clothes for Oskar today and it's so hard with some things to work out sizes cos his feet are long and they don't fit properly in some things with feet either!

Tomorrow we are going to a kids and baby market. They are held every 2 months (I think in just about every capital city?) so I'm off to check it out, apparently you can get label brand clothes for crazy prices..eg Osh Kosh jacket $5 etc. Also fisher price toys mega cheap. Most things are used but some aren't. I am really looking forward to it!! Will report back on what I think. If anyone wants the link to the website for the markets and when and where they're held just email me.

Seeing as everyone kept saying how much Oskar looks like Andy I got Andy to get his dad to scan some pics of him as a baby and send them down...and OMG HE IS HIS FATHER!! I can't see it when I look at them now, but a pic of Andy as a baby and Oskar...OMG scary but cute!!

I have just added a few more new pics of Oskar to the website.

Oh it is sooo nice to be on the net without having to study at the same time! trying to upload more photos of Ari but it just ain't happening. ari is such a brillant little girl she fell straight back into routine today like she read my mind but has been overtired all day due to the fact that she only had that 6hr block and then little naps today but she, like her brother is convinced the world is going to pass her by if she closes her eyes during the day.

She had a beautiful bath tonight kicking around, I think she has finally discovered that she is actually incharge of those arms and legs, she had been sitting intently for a few days now just throwing her arms around.

Sonia - you cracked me up when you said about K smacking himself in the head (maybe tired giggles :-) Ari does the same thing and then squarks at us like it's our fault :-) and yes more than anything I would like to leave DH at home with the kids for a couple of days just so he understands but I think we were both having an off day, he has been very sweet today so I think he feels a little guilty :-) And pick me pick me i am feeling like crap too. Pleased to hear I'm not the only one still experiencing dizzyness, I thought it would go once the pregnancy was over but apparently not and somehow this week I have managed to put on 2kg WTF! i don't think I will ever get out of my maternity clothes

caro - Years ago they told parents to sleep babies on their tummy thinking that if they vomitted in the night then tummy sleeping would prevent them from choking on it, then about 10-15yrs ago they changed it and said when sleeping on their tummies some babies can suffocate themselves but I think the most recent research has shown there is actually a chemical reason for SIDS, something to do with serotonin so i don't know where that leaves tummy sleeping. We sleep her on her tummy during the day just in case she puts her face right into the bed and at night she sleeps on her side or back but is more settled as we cosleep.

Rachel - I know what you mean it is very daunting. I'm determined to stick to one size nappies because I don't want to be forking out that much everytime she grows and to be honest the one I have had the most trouble with is the sized one (berry plush) the one size are working well. i like the pockets as they are quick to dry and have the inbuilt cover. The baby beehind feels lovely but it needs a cover (why make a pretty nappy that needs a seperate cover?) i just bought one of the new baby-kanga from their online store. With the currency conversion it sost the same to buy from the US as any nappy costs here in Australia so I will let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by ~Saram~; April 28th, 2007 at 10:19 PM. Reason: sleep deprevation = unfinshed sentences

Just a quick hi as we are attempting to watch a DVD tonight. It has taken us over 3 hours to get Nic to sleep tonight. He is really crying! Everyone keeps telling me that their crying peaks at 6 weeks, and it seems to be true here. He has been crying more in the last 2 days than ever before! I also started to cut back on his Zantac (for reflux) by only giving it to him once a day, but I think that may be part of the reason he is miserable, poor boy.

I got more smiles today. Nic was laying on my chest and he looked up and smiled right at me, so cute! He is talking a lot more too, cooing and babbling, it is beautiful. I talk to him noon stop, so he is probably telling me to give it a rest! I am taking him to the CHN next week for his 6w check. I am interested to see how much he weighs now since going onto the bottle. He certainly looks and feels a lot bigger and is fitting into some of his 000's now. He is still feeding every 2 1/2 - 3 hours and hasnt stretched that out at night yet, but I am hopeful this will come soon.

Cass - I am glad to hear you and Izzy are alright, that is really frightenning.

Cass - I have tried to look at the photos of Oskar too, but can't see them on your website. I am glad to hear he is powering along, looking forward to seeing the pics. I will have to get my act together and post some more of Nicholas too. I hate it when Nic cries in the car too. We are buing a new car next week, so I will be able to sit in the back with him if he gets too carried away, atm I can't fit in the back with all the kdis and their stuff!

Caro - we sleep Nic on his tummy during the day as it seems to help with the reflux and wind pain, but at night he is on his side or in with us. I used to sleep Jas on her tummy too, and she still always sleeps like this now!

Saram - well done on finishing your assignment. What are you studying?? I have deferred for a year as I have been studying part time/full time on and off for the last 6 years, so thought I would take a break this year. It feels like I am never going to finish my degree though. As for housework, it is really hard to keep up with it all isn't it? I am lucky that my DH is working at home at the moment, so is very helpful. I can't seem to keep up with all the washing either! I have 3 baskets to fold and put away, a MASSIVE amount to wash and I am too scared to look at the ironing! Three kids certainly make a lot of washing, as does Nic throwing up on us constantly, but that's life I suppose!

Hi to everyone else, sorry to those I have missed!

Hi everyone, sorry just a quick post to say hello, glad to hear you're all OK, especially Cass, you poor thing, car accidents are scarey enough but when you have a baby in the car, awful.

We have had some unsettled evenings lately but S is sleeping now, I'm about to wake him a little for a dreamfeed and hopefully he'll sleep through till about 3. Last night I was so tired I fell asleep in front of the TV and M came down, turned everything off and went to bed and left me sleeping, I didn't wake up until S stirred at around 3:30!! And I was sitting up on the couch, not even lying down!

Will catch up with you all soon,
    best,
    Bec

sorry cant remember who it was , that dropped the expressed milk i soooooooooooooooo feel your pain then u poor thing id been the same way thats terrible its heartbreaking alright , oh well we can cry over that spilt milk thats for sure totaly understandable.

busy day today out at our block we have started building the pad for the shed and were doing a septic tank for it as well as we plan to live there until we get our house lifting rocks and thowing them in the soon to b garden

had a unsettled day with taylen today he cried on and off i have given hinm a bath a little while ago and a bf and his fallen asleep in my lap has been for quite sometime now .
    btw taylen his cooing while he smiles almost ;like his trying to say something while his laughing so cute i love him i could just stare at him all day

cass i hope u r all ok?? its very scarey i know

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi All

Hope your all well.

K has been an absolute angel, friday night went out for dinner till 10.30 slep tin the pram the whole time then lastnight went out again to fremantle and he slept from 7-11 in the pram through all the noise etc. We said though that that was it for going out till late, we have just had too many things on, we are going to start saying no to going out for a while, although its good to get them out an about i dont want him getting to out of routine. When we got home gave him a feed and then he didnt wake until 6am, put him back down after his feed and didnt wake till 9.30.. Such a good boy at the moment. Im still so tired though i really have to start sleeping with he is sleeping.

Caro: All chemists should sell Stomach Calm, it works for Kaiden...!!
    '
    Hope everyone is well.

Sonia
    xx

Just a quickie.. the new pics are all the ones in Oskar's folder after the 2wks 2 days with Joshua pic I think, so that's everything after pic number 10. They come up for me when I go to the website. Let me know though cos it should work.

Went to the baby and kid market today and you can certainly get yourself a bargain on some clothes. Got Oskar some nice little outfits some of which were new still with tags on them!! Everything I got looked new. You can pick up some baby activity centre things very cheap too, but if you do go I suggest getting there at least an hour before they open cos they started at 9, we got there about 9:15 and there was a HUGE line up and it took about half an hour to get in and all the big things like high chairs and activity centre things etc were already sold. Oh and I'd suggest that you don't take a pram! I was so glad I decided to put Oskar in his HAB cos there were prams everywhere and it made it a little difficult to navigate. Anyway, it was fun and Oskar slept the whole time which was great!!

Chat again later, I hope all the unsettled bubs feel better and give everyone a break

Cass, yay on the bargains on the clothes and stuff for Oskar. Never heard about the kids and baby markets here in Syd - I might have to look out for them too.. The smile picture is gorgeous! What a cute little guy he is.

Sarah, yay on finishing your assignment! how do you find the time!

JoMarie,
    the smiles are soooo beautiful. i still get so excited everytime I see Claire smile! I hope Nics reflux settles down - poor little thing. Must be so frustrating for them.

Cass blob, wow how scary re the car incident. Cant believe the other car didnt even stop - what a jerk! Glad to know you two are ok though.

Sonia, i am not so sure about going back to work either, but I told my colleagues I want to, lol. Hunter valley was nice - but soooo cold! Much colder than I expected and I didnt bring enough warm clothes! Claire was so cranky though! I have been feeling off lately, but i think for me, the reason is that I am so tired and dehydrated. My skin looks terrible at the moment.

Claire had such a big weekend. First, a two hour car trip to hubbys parents, then when we got there everyone wanted to cuddle even though she was cranky and tired - I think I was as cranky as her because she was getting passed around lots. Then we went out to do some family photo thing ... Claire wasnt interested at all, and was way more interested in my boob than having her photo taken, so we are not in many of the photos. I seriously thought the photographer was going to photograph her on my boob though. She then tells me to take Claire off my boob so the rest of the photos can be done!! OMG lady, do you have kids at all?? You'd be anoyed if I took you away from your lunch half way through and made you pose for photos... plus she's only 8 weeks old. btw the portaits weren't my idea. Anyway, poor thing - the camera just got her more worked up and people just kept passing her around and all she wanted was to cuddle with me or her daddy. Then we were back in the car another two times before we went out to the restaurant for hubbys mums birthday. There was 70 people there and soooo much noise and it was quite cold.... poor Claire, she had definately had enough by that stage and just cried the entire time. I ended up spending like an hour out in the car feeding and cuddling her to sleep. I dont blame her - I'd have been as cranky as her too!
    I ended up having her in the bed with me last night because it was so cold, so we co-slept all night. It was sooooo nice actually, I really enjoyed it, but hubby wont let me do it. He is so scared of her rolling out of bed or him squashing her because he's a biggish guy and a heavy sleeper. She was then cranky on the way home this afternoon so we stopped on the freeway and moved all the stuff fro the back seat to the front so I could sit next to Claire, and she fell asleep almost immediately. Just wanted compnay I suppose.

ok wow I just rambled on so much there. I dont want more weekends like that - you can expect such a little baby to co-operate like that! Hoping that she'll have a good sleep tonight.

sooo tired, need to eat, then have a nice long sleep i think. Maybe a bath as well.

take care!

Caro - I have used the colic relief when Ariya has bad lower tummy wind, when they bring their legs up to their chest, it works really well. The Brauer range is fantastic and they have lots of different solutions so you might want to try some of the different ones but yes some aren't recommended for young babies.

Ozzy - that market sounds fantastic, where abouts are they held?

karina - you poor thing and Claire too, that's what it's like everytime we go home to Brisbane, which is why we don't go very often :-) Xander hates cameras because of traumatic expereinces with his obsessive aunty. And what a horrid photographer, bet she doesn't take many kid photos.

Took some more pics of Ari today will post a link when I can find it.

Caro - That's funny, Ari hates it too, which is strange as DS lapped it up but he also loved panadol ick! I guess each bubba is different and takes to different things. When Ari was throwing up lots I was told by the ABA to take her off the breast after about 3min give her a burp and then put her back on and to also try and take her off when the let down came in, this has helped heaps with Ari's vomitting/possiting

Oh I found that link for ari's photos too

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/Browse...2099224&page=1

Hi all. Karina - you poor thing. Grace hates it if she gets smothered by cuddles when we go to family things too. I think it is the overstimulation and lots of strange people. We have taken to saying no to cuddles for anyone initially until we know that she is settled into the environment. I hate it when people pounce as you walk in the door. I also have a rule that if anyone is fighting over who gets the next cuddle then no-one does, it's as simple as that. Has worked well since I started doing that, although I agree it is harder to say no when the people don't see her very often. That photographer, what a moron, definitely doesn't have kids with an attitude like that. Sounds like it was quite a stressful time for the both of you. Hope you are relaxing back at home and feeling warmer.

Sarah - tried to look at your picks but it asks for a member sign in? Well done on finishing your assignment, you must be wonder woman to look after 2 children, clean the house (!) and write an assignment. Amazing. I purchased a tots bots bamboozle yesterday - it's a snappi fastening one which are discontinued so they are selling them really cheap at cleverpants. Also got another cover.

Had the most unsettled day and evening yesterday, I was exhausted by the end of the night. She was very clingy and even grizzly which is so not Grace. Felt like she was on the boob almost all day and then in the evening she was on every hour as it was the only way to settle her, she'd suck briefly then fall asleep then wake again as soon as we moved. She still had brief moments of smiling and cooing and she still enjoyed her bath but she just wasn't happy in between. We checked her over completely to make sure there was nothing wrong that we could find and we found nothing so I'm hoping it's just a phase. It sounds like everyone is having periods of unsettled babies recently so maybe it's just what happens at this age. It is so horrid though, when she screams, makes me cry! Which probably doesn't help. Was desperate for a sleep yesterday afternoon so when she fell asleep on me i went down to our room and we lay on the bed next to each other, she slept really well and so did I, it was great.

Anyway, Grace is stirring so must go and feed. Have a good day ladies.

Time for a new thread!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678