Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #2

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

OMG.. I am having trouble with Kaiden, he just wont go down to sleep, he is sooo hot and has a rash on his tummy and back. I dont know if its my milk causes his troubles or he is just over tired hardly had any sleep.

SOrry for not being able to talk to individuals finding it hard to get on the computer at all. He is crying again.. Girls i dont know what i am doing wrong.. WHy isnt he sleeping.. .. How do i know if he is getting enough milk.. DO i cuddle him to slepe, do i leave him to cry himself to sleep.. :-(

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Kaiden has a speck of something in his eye which is embedded waiting for Paed to call me to tell me how to get it out..

Welcome Firstkid! Glad you decided to post

We haven't really got a routine so much as just letting S choose his wake/sleep times since he has always had a fairly good clue about night and day, or maybe that was just luck! So he just wakes at night to feed, then goes back to sleep and his playtime etc is during the day. Mind you he still has moments when he doesn't think he needs to go to sleep and we know different! That usually happens around 9 am-ish and around 7pm.

I put on 18 kg during the pregnancy, I was horrified LOL but weighed myself at the chemist the other day and I've lost 12 kg. Wouldn't mind losing another 8. But I'm just taking it easy, trying to walk lots and I have to get my butt into gear and join the yoga class I've been meaning to take for ages.

Caro I read your journal and gee you've had a rough time with BF! You'll need a month of sleep-ins to get your sleep back (guess that probably won't happen for a few years tho LOL) Good on you for persisting. We burp over the shoulder, sometimes though I find if he's not burping I give him tummy time and that helps. S is fully breastfed but he REALLY needs to be burped, whatever the research says! But I haven't tried formula so not sure if it would be worse. OMG he had a massive spew today, so gross, and yes, I had to feed again him about half an hour later

Karina, how are things going - sorry I didn't ask earlier, I went back and reread your post because obviously I didn't read it properly before. Sometimes DH has a problem coping as well. And it can really p*** me off if I've had a rough day with S and he comes home and thinks that because he's working he can just relax when he gets back here - well of course I want him to relax but I also need a bit of sanity time, you know?!! We have had some 'discussions' about this and actually he apologised. I think a couple of the guys at his work may have talked to him about it.

Ooh, ooh, our cloth nappies arrived (Mandymac) and they are so cool, but I definitely need covers, otherwise they leak right through onto his clothes - stays dry next to his skin though, which was great. S seems happy with them and they are not too bulky. I just ordered a Baby Beehind tonight (Bamboo) and can't wait for it to come.

Well, I'm going to try and give a dreamfeed and nappy change and then make M's lunch for tomorrow...

Sonia, if S is like this I just cuddle. Letting him cry himself to sleep doesn't work for me and just seems to upset him. If he's got a sore eye maybe that's what's giving him grief? Don't feel guilty giving him lots of hugs, he might just need it... you poor thing, hope he gets to sleep soon.

Hi Sasha
    Thanks mate. Lastnight he had a great night sleep but tonight different story, he is now asleep but on his tummy, this is the only way i can get him to sleep sometimes, i know i shouldnt have him on his belly but when he is comfy this way i have to. I have a monitor on so that is giving me peace of mind, he is also in a grobag so he cant kick off his covers which wakes him up as well.
    I have just put a photo on my signature, hope it works.

I agree with the cuddles, I cant let him cry himself to sleep it just doesnt work for me.

Sara, Oskar has off days like that too. I hate those days...lol. You feel so exhausted cos you have tried everything and it just doesn't seem to help. You know I was watching Kerry Ann this morning and they had this doctor on and they were talking about gastro bugs...and funnily enough he mentioned the rotovirus...and I was like...oooooh ok, now I know what it is...lol. Apparently though this one only affects kids and adults get a different one which I can't remember if there is a vaccine for. I am not sure if we'll get it, I will have to chat to DH and to the doc I think.

Caro, I read your post and a huge congratulations on persisting and overcoming with BF. You have done so well and should be extremely proud of yourself honey

Sonia, what kind of mattress do you have?? When Joshua was little I had one of those tetra tea tree mattresses which they could breath through should they bury their face downwards. Sometimes I think that babies are just like us with how they like to sleep. I like to sleep in that half belly/half side kinda position. I hate sleeping on my back!! I hope you get Kaiden's eye fixed up for him soon..poor little love. I can't let Oskar cry himself to sleep...firstly the longer he cries the more worked up he is (like when I go to the toilet and he wants me...lol) and secondly I can't stand it, it upsets me too much. I usually give him a cuddle and sometimes it's just a burp, other times he needs a nappy change and then sometimes it's just that he wants to snuggle and have boob. I've slept with him in his hugabub and me propped up (half laying half sitting) sleeping cos he wouldn't settle any other way.

Karina, offer is there anyway hun, even if it's just to chat I think Andy has moments of not adjusting and I try to consciously remember this although sometimes I forget and I just take over, but I have to ask him to do things so that he feels useful and involved...even if it's hanging out Oskar's clothes.

He is currently asleep on my lap...lol...only way I could get on the computer. He seems to like to sleep on me or in my arms during the day, but he'll happily sleep in his hammock at night. Very strange, but I guess it is better this way around than the other!! If we go out he's fine in his capsule or pram though... funny little fella!!

Better go, I have the cat DEMANDING his dinner and Oskar has just woken up cos his dummy popped out and I leant down to get it and woke him...lol. Take care and shall speak again later

Gosh, it's so hard to get on here nowadays. Have been reading but have not had time to post. Unfortunately don't have time to do personals today either as Grace is lying awake on floor with nappy off and is bound to crack it anytime soon!

We are, like everyone else, plodding along and getting what we can done (when we can). Grace is still fussing on the right breast and i really believe it is due to a slow let down. There is definitely enough milk there. My GP thinks it might be that too, we had our appointment today and he was doing breast exam and I got letdown on left side but not right, but when hand expressed it is flowing fine. Must be frustrating for her, as it is for me! I will keep persisting and hope that it fixes itself soon - funny that it has only bothered her in the last week or so though. Check up went well - everything all good. Booked into mothers group today which starts at on May 10, looking forward to this as I don't really know anyone in this area so it will be good to meet local mums.

Jessica, will you be going to mothers group? I'm going to the Han**** drive centre on May 10, would be good to meet you if that is your closest and if that is when you are meant to start too.

Ooops, someone wants attention.....bye!

Forgot to say i've put some photos of grace up. link is in my signature. have to agree that everyones baby's are absolutely gorgeous.

Sonia, I'm sure you arent doing anything wrong. K is probably simply having a cranky day. Claire has them too.. I cuddle her to sleep when she is overly cranky and let her sleep on my chest for a while or in our bed... or I put her in my Baby Bjorn or pram and take her for a walk which calms her down, then when I get backk home, I feed her and this seems to knock her out for a while. Sometimes a nice warm bath helps too. I have worried about Claire not getting enough milk too (i never really feel "full" kwim?, and dont always feel a let-down) but I was talking to the nurse at the baby health centre and she told me not to worry about too much/too little milk , as long as she is still having wet/dirty nappies every day and is putting on weight...but if he has a rash, maybe theres something iritating him, an allergy or something, or maybe his eye is hurting? - can you visit the nurse or GP? Hope he settles down for you. I think it should be ok to have him on his belly, if you can see him to ake sure he is ok. He's so cute by the way! I do agree all our March babies are beautiful!

Sarah,
    i think that is what mght be bothering my DH - this parent thing is so not what he is used to, so its probably a bit overwhelming at times for him.

Bec, im looking at getting into a yoga class too! I went while pregnant, and was going to start again after Claires birth, but they told me I had to have had my 6 week chekup and I just havent got around to booking the class just yet. I loved doing yoga when I was pregnant. We're doing better now - thanks for asking - I think DH just has bad days.. combination of this whole new overwhelming experience called parenting, and work is really getting to him. We had a big talk the other night which I think has helped.

Caro, i have had people say to me that Breastfed babies dont need to be burped, though I dont agree.... If I dont burp Claire, she gets cranky after a while and as soon as I burp her she is happy again. She'll do a real ripper of a burp then go back to sleep or ask for more booby.

Cass, thanks so much. I might just add you on my msn anyway lol. We're doing heaps better now. Just a talk has helped lots. looking forward to him being home with me tomorrow.

Rachel, my mothers group is great - i was worried it might be dodgy but I have really enjoyed it so far and a few of the other mum only live a few streets away from me so that is nice. Its is good to meet othe mums in the area. Hope you have more success with your right breast. lol that sounds dumb, but you know what i mean! wow youre game to leave Grace nappiless - Claire seems to do a wee or poo when I take her nappy off, so I'm not game enough to let her go without just yet lol! Grace is such a cutie!

For those of you who are doing Cloth nappies: how many did you get?

Gosh i think i have got a haemmoroid. man it hurts! i am going to try to get to my doc on thursday or friday and see what I can do. I'm feeling a bit constipated.. have some laxative here but it has a warning about using it while breastfeeding, but its really vague and i want clarification from my doc!

I've got Claire asleep in her rocker next to me. Its been pouring rain all day and its really cold, so she is all snug in her sleeping bag thingy in the rocker. She looks so peaceful! I was going to go in to work and show her off, but then I couldnt be bothered because of the rain. I could just look at her all day!! oh wait, i sort of did... lol

I hope everyone is doing better today!
    Last edited by Karina; April 24th, 2007 at 06:39 PM.

Hi Girls
    Today got a phone call from Paed and he said to come in so the Eye Dr can take a look at K's eye. Went in and the Dr removed the object, still have no idea what it was. Now have eye drops for it as it has left a bit of an impression on his eye so hopefully with these drops he doesnt get it infected. He slept through the whole thing even with Dr poking the bud in his eye.

Cass not sure what mattress we have. We have just put him into his cot though, outgrowing the bassinet. He is really cranky tonight again, screaming everytime we put him down on this back, he falls alseep in my arms, anyways Dh put him on his belly and off he goes straight to sleep....
    Does anyone else put bubs on their tummy to sleep.... i feel so bad for putting him on his tummy because of SIDS but if this is what he finds comfy I want to do it. I have the monitor on which sounds an alarm if no movement or sound is made.

K is getting his 8 week needles on monday, very scary i think i will cry when he gets them seeing him in pain is going to be horrible. I start mothers group next thursday cant wait.

Thanks for your advice girls. It sounds like are all still finding our way through motherhood. I wouldnt change anything for the world, K is the most beautiful little angel.

I say to that the March babies are the most adorable.. hehe

Going to go and check on the man.

THinking of you all.
    Love Sonia.

Sonia, I wouldn't stress too much..like you said you have the monitor and he can probably lift his head to change sides now anyway?? Oskar will sometimes bury his face right into my shoulder when he goes to sleep on me and manages to breathe somehow.

Karina, that's cool, I think my MSN addy is in my profile?? If not, just pop me an email or ask me here...whatever is easier.

Oskar is on my boob right now ...how unusual...NOT...lol!! He seems to be doing 5-6 hour sleep most nights now which gives me around 3 hours straight sleep (which is better than 2!) cos he goes to sleep too early!!

Can anybody tell me if they'd be concerned about time spent with someone who isn't getting their baby immunised?? I am not sure if their baby puts Oskar at more risk IYKWIM?? Particularly before Oskar has started getting his needles, so far he's only had his first Hep B.

Hi Cass
    Trying not to worry about putting K on his tummy. The monitor certainly keeps my mind at ease. He lifts his head and turns from 3 weeks of age so no worries on that front.

I am not really concerned about having K around others that arent immunised. K has been around other babies who havent had their needles yet and all is ok. I guess its just a personal thing really.

K is sleeping at the moment I really should be getting some rest myself but rather be on here talking to you guys.\

Love Son
    xx

Oskar is sleeping on my lap at the moment. He likes to sleep on me during the day.

Sonia, the baby I'm talking about is 7 months old...and I do just get a bit concerned at times...like whooping cough and that kinda thing. I will have to have a chat to the doc if I remember...Oskar will be getting his needles in a few weeks.

Oh that old.. Well yes you will have to ask the Dr about that, i must look into that as well, is it a close friend that has the baby?? Can you talk to her about it??

Yeah it is a close friend. I remember when she first told me they weren't getting him vaccinated, I was shocked and I had to really hold my opinion cos I know they have the right not to have this and they have the right to have their opinion. She isn't getting it done cos she is a carer for a guy who had a severe reaction and is brain damaged because of it. When I asked the midwife about this she said that ingredients which were used (the ones which were causing most reactions like that) that long ago aren't used now and the vaccinations are made up differently. So, I do understand why she isn't, but I still don't agree with it because a simple case of the chickenpox if he's not vaccinated couldn kill him! Right now though I'm more worried about whooping cough or the likes. He doesn't go to daycare so it shouldn't be a huge issue, but I am still worried.

I wouldn't know what to say to her about my concern I don't want her to think that I think badly or anything, I just don't agree that's all.

Yeh i agree with you and also would be hard to say something. Maybe just limit the visits with Oskar and her little one. Its a hard situation your in, I am hoping all my girlfriends have their litle ones vaccinated.

I am going to take K to a Bowen Therapist (like a Chiropractor) to check him out just in case K's back is sore and thats why he wont go down on his back.

Cass - I had a friend that went deaf because of an immunisation she had... But that was when she was a toddler so 20years ago, the advances in technology and medicine that we have today make immunisations so much safer then not having them... Does your friend realise this? Not to mention all the other children she's putting at risk... Sorry i know it's a personal choice, but...
    i agree with Sonia, maybe you could try talk to her?~? Otherwise i would proberly limit the visit, up untill oskar is immunised...

Sonia - I'm going to do the same with Izzy - Hope k is fine

And for everyone else, hope your all doing well, i would reply more, but lil missy has woken again, and all ya'll replies are on the other page and i forgot what ya's wrote lolz!

Take care,
    Cass

Caro I'm very much the same with attachment/gentle parenting but we also have decided to vaccinate, there really is a lot of info out there Cass if you want to google it but it's hard to find unbiased info (people are either very much for it or very much against it and there's not much in between!). I would be worried too about whooping cough etc. I had it when I was 13 and it's not something I would wish on anyone, especially a little baby.

Sonia glad to hear you got K's eye fixed, bummer that he has to have a/b but you certainly don't want an infection! Isn't it weird the stuff they will sleep through? I'm sure I'll be upset when S has his needles, he goes next week.

I'm trying to give S lots of tummy time since he favours his left side very strongly and is developing a flat head!! I've tried so hard to stop it, but everytime he goes to sleep he turns his head to the left, and I'll gently put it back to the right only to go back later and see that he's turned back again! But it seems to be improving - we are doing lots of stuff like when he lies on his back, talking to him on the right side so he has to turn to look at us, etc. I also made him a mobile with some coloured circles to try and get his attention over to that side.

Went to parents' group for the first time yesterday. Great to meet some other parents - I only have one good friend with a baby and she lives in a different town, plus her baby is about 3 months older than S, so it's not quite the same, yk?

Kind of annoyed at my sister. She told my mum she was worried about me - which I guess is kind of nice that she cares but also it just annoys me because she doesn't think I'm coping and that I should be out more doing stuff. We're such different people; I have really enjoyed staying home with Sebastian a lot over the last 8 weeks, getting to know him and working out a kind of routine. She's much more keen on going out everyday and night and socialising, and that's not really me. Not that I don't like making friends or meeting them or whatever, but I'm just a bit more of a homebody. Also we have very different parenting techniques, and I think she's judging me on what she does, mind you her first baby was 6 years ago and I think she might have forgotten what it's like to have your first one. Oh, I'm just whinging a bit, I know she means well but it's frustrating, yk? As if I'm not capable of deciding what I want for my baby or whatever. Grrr. When I was over there last my brother's g/f was visiting and I kind of felt like they were talking down to me a bit because they've got older children... ANYway, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, it works for us and they can stick it somewhere else! So there!

Hopefully it's sunny here tomorrow, I need to get some washing dry! Am seriously considering getting a dryer - never thought I would, but it's going to be so difficult to dry stuff otherwise, especially since I want to go over to cloth nappies fulltime eventually.

take care everyone!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast