Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #3

Sarah - I can't believe Ari is over 6kgs!! I have to wait for my next appointment with CHN to see what Grace weighs, she feels VERY heavy! lol! That's a bummer about mother's group. If they don't notify you how are you supposed to know about it? I really need to get some more MCNs, having only 3 is no good and the flats are just not cutting it anymore, the always leak no.2s. The other problem is the bamboozle which I absolutely love takes FOREVER to dry. An hour and a half in the dryer still doesn't dry it!! Trying to hang out till we got to adelaide so that I can check them out for real.

Richelle - it is unbelievable the differences in weight gain and things that they do isn't it? We are all individual, shows why we really shouldn't compare babies!

Nat - great to hear from you. Aren't the immunisations horrid? Grace did a similar thing after hers, we gave her baby panadol and she slept the rest of that day away and the next day too.

Well...I tried a different routine last night and I skipped the late feed that I normally wake Grace for to see if it made a difference to when she would wake. So, I fed her at 6pm, play and bath then top up and bed. Normally I would have woken her at 10pm or so for a last feed before I go to bed. I didn't last night. She woke at 1.30am for a feed and nappy change then slept again until 6.45am. She used to wake between 4 and 5am if I gave her that late feed and then sleep again for another 4 hours. Not sure if what she did last night is better or not. Will try it again for another few nights and speak to DH who was at work last night and work out what to do!

Going to a friends house tonight for the first time since Grace has been born, can't wait to show her off! Her daughter has had shingles so we didn't want Grace exposed to that obviously but she is all clear now thank goodness. I suspect it is going to be a tiring night for Grace as my friend has 3 girls who are so excited about meeting Grace! We will do the best we can to prevent an overtired little girl.

I just hung the nappies out on the line to try and get them dry and avoid using the dryer...then it started raining! Bugger! Did the dash to get them in.

Have a great weekend ladies...

Updated photo's again for those of you that are interested.

Hi ladies,

having a lazy day today at home...

Weighed Claire yesterday and she is now 4.6kg... she feels so heavy now! then I read some of your little ones are 6kg! I'm going to get very strong arms I think.

Natty,
    good to hear eveything is going well!

Richelle, I'm not really setting my own routine either - I more let Claire set it for now. The last 11 weeks have gone sooo fast for me. It feels like only yesterday that I was still pregnant and hoping to go into labour soon.

Rachel, hope your night at your friends is not too full on. 5 hours of sleep is pretty good. We are still getting 3-4hours between feeds. Sometimes only 2 hours. Your website tells me there are no photos?

hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    Last edited by Karina; May 19th, 2007 at 05:48 PM.

Had another yucky day today, don't know if I am just being oversensitive but DH and I are not having a good time at the moment which is very sad as we have been together 10years this June and it just feel like everything is falling apart. add to this DS chucked a huge wobbly about getting his hair cut today. i normally have to work him up to it about 3 days in advance but I forgot it was sat and we have our photos on Mon so after a huge tanty at home and then at the hairdressers I gave up and we both came home in tears.

Gottta go ari is up again

Sarah - I hope things get better with you and DH. Everything probably seems so magnified at the moment with a new baby on the scene as well as a 4 year old. I am sure things will settle down for you all soon.

Rachel - seems Grace has set a pretty good routine, I wonder if Nicholas would sleep longer if we didn't make him for the 'dream feed'. We usually feed him at about 10.30 - 11pm each night. He will go 4 hours between feeds during the day and sometimes up to about 5.5 hours at night. If we feed him at about 10.30pm though we only have to get up to him once in the night.

Cass – I hope you are feeling better.

Sonia – I am fine to catch up on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. We are going to Busselton next Thursday to Sunday, so maybe the week after that?

Richelle – Hi! We had a change at about 7 weeks as Nicholas has reflux and the medication only started working for him at about then. I think he has only just had his first major growth last week and put on about 300g in about 6 days! Before this he was struggling to gain weight. I hope Kailee gets over her cold soon. As for routines, I have had Nicholas feeding every 4 hours during the day and our routine is basically set around getting my other 2 girls to school and then picking them up again.

Jessica – Hi! Sounds like Tate is going well. Glad to hear from you!

Caro – how’s Michael going on the losec?

Bec – I hope Sebastian is feeling better soon, poor darling. All these babies with colds!

Nat – It sounds like Taia is doing really well. Can you post some pics?

Well, Nicholas seems to be having some trouble sleeping during the day at the moment. I think I have been going out too much as he won’t sleep in his bed during the day any more! On the bright side, he does love his HAB which is a godsend as I am able to get things done around the house while he snuggles in and sleeps in it. He seems to really love the piano, so when I sit with the girls to do their practice, he settles straight away. Other than this, things are going great. He is putting on weight at a steady pace, he is about 5kg now. He had his 6 – 8 week check with the paed on Thursday and was all good and healthy.

Has anyone thought about contraception yet? I know those breastfeeding at this stage probably don’t have to worry too much, but I had my 6 week check the other day and my Ob suggested Mirena, which is an IUD. I have a g/f who had one fitted last year and thinks it is fab. I have all the paperwork and he has booked me in for June to have it fitted, but I am a bit scared! They fit it under a local anesthetic, or you can be knocked out completely. I know I gave birth with no pain relief, but am not too sure about this!

Sarah, i hope everything is ok with your DH and you. hope everything works itself out soon.

JoMarie
    , Yay that Nicholas's appointment went well. Thats great news. I have put a small amount of thought into contraception... but I am such a wimp we havent even had sex again yet!!! DH went out and bought some condoms the other day (lots of them too - he wishes!!!), so we will probably just use those as its not as if much action is happening around here right now lol. Maybe later on I might talk to my doctor about something else. Definately not mini pill though - i probably wont remember to take it! How long does the IUD last for?

richelle_84_2004 Guest

With the contraception, as I had to stop breastfeeding so early, I went straight back onto my regular pill and have the alarm set on my mobile to go off at the same time every day so that there is no chance of forgetting it. I have also heard a lot of people talking about having the implant, but I was too chicken to find out about it!

I have another question... I stopped going to the early childhood centre and the parenting groups when K was about 4 weeks old as I got the blues really badly and couldn't handle K when she got overtired after being out. Since I have gotten over it, I haven't gone back, but I was wondering, do you have to go see the ECHN? If so, when? Because we are in a sort of small area and the centre basically had one nurse she never did a home visit or anything and so never told me how it all works, and I don't want to go see her as I'm not too happy with her.

Hi everyone.

You have all been chatting too much for me to do personals, I cant keep up!

Rachel and I met for coffee this morning which was lovely, we are becoming 2 'ladies of leisure' - not that we dont deserve it!

DH organised a night away for me and a girlfriend Sat night. He went well with the 2 boys and I had a 2 hour spa treatment, it was AMAZING! I have a new found love for facials!

Tate had his longest break between feeds ever last night. Last feed was around 7pm and he woke again at 3:30am, amazing! He was ready to party at 4am so I had to sleep on the couch with him until about 7am when DS #1 woke me up with 'I'm hungy!'. I have had 2 good sleeps in a row now, which has been fantastic for my head, especially those huge bags that were hanging around!

Tate had his needles before and he was a brave boy. Just a little cry after they went in. So far so good...

Rachel, do you have a chat program?

Hi ladies...
    Had a brilliant time at our friend's house on Saturday night. Grace was a little angel - made mummy and daddy very proud! She slept when she was meant to, she played when she was meant to and she happily let everyone hold her over and over. One of the girls was holding her and her head slipped off her arm and Grace jolted slitghtly, she didn't cry! I was waiting for the scream and the sad face. She was very good, it was a great night.

Hi Jess...long time no speak! We definitely deserve to be ladies of leasure! No I don't have a chat thing. I think I can get MSN messenger somehow but would have to ask DH about that! I'm glad Tate was a brave boy for his needles, hope he is ok for you this afternoon. And by the way - you really didn't have bad bags!!!!

Sarah - I really hope you and your DH have some better times soon. It must be tough. If you ever want to talk or just get stuff off your chest feel free to phone or email me, happy to listen.

There's a problem with the link to Grace's photo's at the moment since I have made the photo's private - I am working on getting the new link up and running, hopefully get it done tonight.

Jo - we are just using condoms. I have a script for the mini pill but I'm not confidant that I will take it at the right time every day and don't want to risk anything just yet!! Hope Nic starts to sleep better during the day for you.

Well, I tried skipping the late feed again last night and we had success. Last fed at 7.30pm, bath, bed by 8.30pm, woke at 4am for feed, then woke at 8am. I hope that continues! All I have to do now is get myself sorted and go to bed earlier than 11pm! Can't even blame belly belly last night as couldn't get on, lol!

Went out a bought some cute little tights for Grace yesterday and a fleece dress. I have to wash them but can't wait to put her in it, so cute! We have so many dresses but needed tights to go with them otherwise she would get cold. It's hard to find tights to fit her yet but finally found a shop that did that had nice colours. We actually just wanted white tights as they go with anything. Also got some pink ones. Have to go and get her a nice outfit for the wedding in Adelaide on the 3rd. Does have to dress worse than the bride so that you don't take the focus off their day apply to babies, lol! That will be hard if that is the case - plus no one has seen her yet that will be there so I am afraid that she will be sharing the lime light, I know that the bride to be won't have a problem with this, luckily!

Oh well... better get off this computer and try and get some tidying done.
    Last edited by Rachel; May 21st, 2007 at 02:58 PM.

Shhhh I'm sneaking in again as my next assignement is due in tonight and DH is watching the kids so I can get it done. I only have 500 wds to go and they are my personal reflections so easy to do.

Things are a little better with DH at the moment we had a nice day out yesterday, took the dog to the beach and today we went and had our family photos taken - sooooo gorgeous. Haven't got them yet but just saw them on the screen. Made me really wish I had gotten those pregnancy phs taken as they use such nice lighting and everything. Oh well nothing I can do about it now.

Rachel - about the bamboozles, I find the beehinds are the same and they are getting worse the more I wash them, I guess they are becoming more absorbant which means they are absorbing more washing water as well. Yeah for Grace's amazing sleep, I don't even want to comment on Ari's but I am very glad someone made concealer for dark circles under eyes. Have fun shopping for a nice outfit for the wedding. I bought ari's christening dress the other day which is just stunning.

JoMaire - Ari only goes about 5 hrs between feeds at night too, pleased I'm not the only one. as for contraception we are using condoms until DH gets the snip but I will also be going back on the normal Pill for endo and cysts once we finish BF but at lease with DH getting the snip if I want a break from the Pill it won't be a problem.

Karina - hehe on being to chicken to dtd, you must have a very understanding husband. I have a script for the mini pill too but I know I would forget to take it and I just don't see how it can be effective when it doesn't stop you from ovulating.

Richelle - If you have a look in your baby book it will tell you the times when you should get K checked, you can just go to your GP if you don't want to go to the CHN. I had Ari at a private hospital and they run their own clinic there.

Jessica - so jealous about the sleep and the spa! woohoo!

OK better go finish this assignment off.

Hey Sarah, good luck getting your assignment in. Was so dissapointed. Went to put the bamboozle on and I put it under Graces bum, she wiggled, it moved slightly and then she wee'd on it! So couldn't use it then as I can't put a nappy on that I know is already wet when I put it on! So now it will probably be another few days before I can use it because I Had already done a load of nappies today, blah!

Time for a new thread everyone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567