Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #3

Whoa! alot of talking here! i'm gonna try remember wat most ppl are talking about and do a general post....

About nappies - i started of with baby love - then went to huggies - n then tried snugglers!!! huggies are soo much better! back to huggies now!

Saram - yes - got a sling they are wonderful creations! yes she falls asleep on me - normally the only place she does - although she getting better.... not to worried bout the housework i've got a lovely cleaner! b/f is just a nagging pain - iz got good attachment...

Karina - i bet DD not only likes you but loves you too they can produce alot of noise hey???

Yikes look at the time gotta run got play date will be back with more later!

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Hi Everyone, I'm new to these forums but am hoping that I will be able to get on here a bit more often. I have Kailee that was born 11th March, who has just got her first cold. Its so horrible seeing her all blocked up and not being able to do much to help her. I have been giving her a little bit of Demazin which seems to be helping get rid of some of the muck but she is still pretty grumpy and only wants her daddy, which sucks because he works and is away from home for 11hours. K is my first, and we have certainly had our ups and downs together, especially through the 6 week change. Definitely those first 8 weeks were the hardest for us to cope with, emotionally too after having problems with breast feeding and my milk stopping production. But finally now, we sort of know each other a bit better and are all getting along, it seems much more pleasant. I'm wondering though, was I imagining that the 6 week change was terrible or did others go thru it with their bubs too?

Just reporting that I'm still in the land of the living. I was pretty sick last night ...was really dizzy and ended up vomiting. I have no idea where it came from or if it was a bug or what. I woke Andy about 3:30am to get me a bucket and he stayed up with me rubbing my back. Oskar woke around 6ish and I wasn't too bad by then and fed him then he went to sleep in bed with me till around 9:30am and I was feeling even better again. Andy stayed home to help me which has been great. I really hope that Oskar doesn't get it if it was a bug though cos he wouldn't be able to tell me he was dizzy and that was the worst part about it He was great last night though and went between 9 & 10hours!! *touch wood* ... Anyway, going to go and have a bath now I think cos I'm still not feeling 100% and that might help.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Welcome Richelle... I hope K is feeling better soon. My K went through the 6 week change but it was more the fact he was feeding every 2 min.. well felt like that.

Cass I hope you feel better soon. I have also had dizzy spells, went to get my bloods checked but im all ok for iron etc so god knows, dr suggested more fluid intake so have been trying to drink more water and I havent been as dizzy, lastnight felt sick in the tummy but nothing came of that. Kaiden has a bit of a cold so might be getting it from him.. who knows.

Sarah & Karina: - K is also dribbling and eating anything he can get his mouth onto especially his fingers well his whole hand actually quite funny to watch.. hehe

Caro: Glad things are getting better for you and M.

K has been feeding 3hrly today so who knows I got him into that routine, i guess he is getting older and putting himself into it. He slept 10hrs lastnight and then fed him at 7am and went down from 8pm till 11am.. Good boy he is.. Still suffering with bad wind so have him on the infacol at the moment and seems to be doing good. Oh he is calling me for him 9pm feed..

Hope everyone else is well.

WA girls let me know when you all want to catch up. Will be nice to meet at a park before winter hits.

SOn
    xx

OK after reading all of your post Ari and I have def failed sleep school :-) The longest she ever goes between feeds is 5-6 hrs but that is sooo much better than her brother who only ever made it to 3-4 hrs at night (a that was at 6mths old!) so I don't really mind.

Ozzy - hope your feeling better soon and fingers crossed Oskar odesn't get it.

Richelle - welcome. Ari went through the 6wk growth spurt too and u think we just crossed the 9wk one too. The 12wk one is a dooozey from what I remember from DS.

Karina - hehe on Claire getting everything in her mouth too.

Sonia - woohoo on the 3 hr feeds.

Made my first sling today, it's great made a few design changes so that you can carry your keys/wipes/purse etc without them poking into bub. Oh better go ari is finally asleep and I need to go and make scones for mothers night tonight at kindy - DS is soooo excited

Sonia, I'm glad that I'm not the only one... it was awful and I still felt a little off this morning but just drank a few glasses of juice, had some porridge ooh and a cry...lol...and felt a lot better by around the middle of the day.

Sarah, they say it's quite normal for Ari to be sleeping for only that long. She might just be a thirsty or hungry little girl.

Richelle, welcome to our little world.

Oskar gets the dribbles too...it's really funny cos then he blows bubbles. I think sometimes he tries to find his thumb but hasn't worked out that he needs to unclench his fist to get it to stick out...lol. He sucks on my shoulder ALL the time and I get a beautiful wet patch on it. I love it though cos he's so cute.

Just popping in to say Hi Cass!!

pmsl Jessica. Hi honey!!

oooh I hope that's the start of new things for you Caro How exciting... I'm touching all the wood around me for you right now!!! Michael, your little twin is daring you to do it again!!

Caro, you must be feeling so much better after some sleep! Sleep is soooo underrated!

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Thanks for your welcome.
    I didn't know there was a 9 week change, and after the 6 week change I don't think I'm ready for another one just yet, so if the 12wk one is only a fortnight away I think I might foster her out till its over! She has her first cold, and the demazin drops are a godsend... though it is funny on how groggy she gets from them.
    I do have a question though... my husband and I have a weird routine because of his work, so I haven't tried to get K into one, she just seems to have sorted out when she feeds and sleeps herself and we stick with that, is there anything wrong with her controlling her routine?

Hi Richelle and welcome. I think that there is really no other way than letting her sort out her routine and you slot in with it. The only routine we have is generally around feed times - that is we feed then play then sleep. The other routine is in the evening when we feed, play, bath then put down for the night. Other than that, she is in control. WE try to stick to 3 hourly feeds as a minimum but sometimes she has other ideas! My DH and I never really had a routine because of our work either so this semi routine is new to us!!

Caro, yay on the sleep, how did it go last night.

Ooops, a little girl want me.....

Hi everyone,
    just a quickie, hope you're all well. Bought some more cloth nappies yesterday (while DH is away, the mice will play, or in this case, me!) 3 different pockets, 1 x haute, 1 x happy heiny and another one I can't remember. Looking forward to them arriving next week.

Welcome Richelle, your little girl is gorgeous! Whatever routine is working for you is best I think, and she will change it and demand that you change along with her so not much choice there I think!

Sarah would loe to see the sling, great idea to have more pockets on it to put stuff.

Going to pick M up from the airport tonight, yay! He's only been away two nights, how pathetic am i?!! Went to visit my aunt and uncle for lunch yesterday, first time they've met S, and of course they were suitably impressed LOL, then went to my sister's for dinner, so didn't have to cook all day!!

OK well S is sleeping - has a cold poor honey, have been dripping breast milk up his nose to try and help, I'd better get some housework done!

OMG Ariya has been a little darling today (not) She stayed at home with DH last night and downed 200ml of EBM (there goes my whole stock) then she woke every 2-3 hrs last night and this is the first sleep she's had today. She's been down for about 30min but we have to do the school run in an hour so she is going to be overtired again and we have little athletics tonight which i dread as it is nearly impossible to BF as they move around so much and she is sooooo heavy to walk around and feed these days. Add to that I've just discovered my next assignment is due in 4days - why didn't anyone tell me it was the 18th today and where on earth did the month of May go! OK now I've had my little whinge, thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

got Ari weighed today she is 6.055kg woohoo and 62cm long. Went to ask about the mothers group at CHN and was told she is too old :-) Apparently they are from birth to 12wks and as she is already 10wks it is too late. But did have a nice time at the ABA meeting today.

Will post a pic of the sling just as soon as I can get a) someone to take it and b) find the usb cord

Bec - buying nappies is addictive isn't it. I've only stopped as I want to start distributing them here and don't want to pay full cost if I can get them wholesale.

Richelle we had a very flexible routine with DS as hubby works different shifts so we are a bit all over the place. I didn't find it was a problem until DS was older. Ari just goes with the flow at the moment alrthough I am trying to change her bedtime routine at the moment as she is staying up late and sleeping more in the morning which is great now but not something I('ll appreciate in 6mth time ;_)

woops she's awake bye

Sarah, 6kgs for Ari that is fantastic!

Tate too is 6kgs ... and I just heard him 'squawk'! Back soon.

Bec, havent heard the b/milk up the nose before, how does it work? Tell me more!

Richelle, as long as you are in A rountine, doesnt matter whose it is! Kailee is gorgeous btw.

Caro, v funny about sleep depravation. Soooo true though. And you know what the best part is, now that we are Mummy's, sleep will never be the same, not for the next 20 or so years anyway!

Cass, HI!!

Sonia, 10hrs that is AWESOME! The longest Tate has gone is 7hrs. It's funny how different our bubbas can be huh.

Taia's Mum Guest

Hi Everyone! Long time no post!
    Well little muffy had her 2mth injections yesterday! She SCREAMED! I had a few tears myself! But we got her onto the baby panadol and she was ok. Today she was constipated but cleared the pipes this evening! She slept most of this avo and is back asleep now - I think she still might be getting over it - either that or she won't sleep at all tonight when I want to!
    She is still waking at least twice a night but I'm over the whole sleep thing and as long as we sleep in till 9am I'm fine! Which is good!
    She now weighs 5.04kg! She is putting on 200-300gms per week! Tubby Taia will be her new name I think! But as long as she's healthy I don't mind!

How is everyone else going? Sorry I haven't been in to catch up but she is doesn't leave me much spare time during the day!

xoxoxox

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Well I feel better knowing that its ok not to set the routine! She is doing well, only waking once through the night and still having good sleeps during the day when we are just home for the day. Its sort of hard to believe that almost 10weeks has already gone by, and she has changed so much. She is on S26 now and has feeds 4 hourly, until the days where she wants to have half a bottle in between feeds as well as her normal feeds which can get frustrating because she barely sleeps on those days!

Reading through all your posts, its amazing to see how babies all around the same age are just so different. My girlfriends little boy was born the day before K and is just so huge compared to her, into 00 where she is still mostly in 0000 and they started just 50gms different at birth. Shows how invidual each bub is though.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast