Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #3

Hope everyone had a lovely mothers day! We went to my mums place for lunch which was nice, and for once Claire actually slept while we were there. She is now on my lap making faces at me.

Bec, oops about washing the sposie! Yay that the HAB is working well for you.

Jo, great to hear Nic has been sleeping feeding better. how cute about the gifts your girls made. I remember all the stuff I used to make my mum.

Rachel, good that the immunisations went well. Claire had a big long sleep after hers too. Its good when theyre quiet in the shoping centre. I get so flustered when I am walkng through the shops and Claire is screaming. I usually wont wake claire to feed her. If my breast are exploding I just express and feed her that when she wakes up. tbh I have no idea on appropriate clothing for a funeral. I dont think it needs to be black, maybe some other dark colour like brown if you have no black? I wore a purple top to my nannas funeral because I wanted it to be more of a celebration of her life too. I hope its a nice service on wednesday.

Cass omg at a 9hour sleep, thats amazing. bet youre wishing for more of those. thanks for the info on the huggies special.. we need more nappies for our poo machine baby lol! Ive been using babylove nappies but they seem to leak almost every time!

well Claire hasnt woken for her 2am feed the last 3 nights, but I have woken up at that time.. i suppose because i am used to it. ISo she has been sleeping from about 11pm to 4am. I am hoping this is the start of her sleeping through the night!

ohh little miss Claire has woken up. better go!

I'm confused as to whether or not Huggies make the Infant boy nappies in the box size?? They have the bulk 48 (which are also on special at both Coles and Woolies and I bought them) but I can't seem to find them in a box. Do they not make them in that size??

Cass I don't think they make them in a box as I can't find them either. The 48 pack is the biggest I've seen. I bought some of the Crawler in a box when they were on special a couple of weeks ago, but they are still a bit too big for S I think (6-11 kg). Thought I would just take advantage of the special while I could since I'm sure we'll use them!

Caro I emailed you

I havent seen the bulk box for infant nappies... only the smaller 48 box. I havent even seen the big ones in baby shops. Someone said in another thread you can get them from bulk nappy places, some online stores i think?

ok, google aussienappies

you can get them there. in 100 box. they even have them in 300 box! thats alot of nappies.
    Last edited by Karina; May 14th, 2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: adding info

They dont do WA By the looks
    typical!!

Karina – I tried Baby Love nappies as well, and found they leaked every time, even if I changed them more often. I have gone back to Huggies, they might be a bit more expensive, but it is better than having to change the sheets on the bed every time Nic has a sleep! Oh, every time I see that pic of Claire on your signature, I smile. She is just so cute!

Bec and Caro – I am in Karrinyup. Would love to meet up some time. Caro, I love the HAB, though I know what you mean about it taking so long to put on, I am getting quicker now though, and managed to put it on at the shops today. I usually put it on at home, then drive to wherever we are going then put him in it. He slept in it for 2 hours today at the shops while I was wandering around, then I almost got into the car to collect the girls while I was still wearing him!

Cass – Nic loves being really close to me, he really snuffles in to my chest. Maybe it is because I am not breast feeding anymore so this is his chance to get as close as possible to my boobs! WTG on the 9 hours, Oskar is a little champ!

Rachel – I think it is fine to wear colours to a funeral. It’s not like you are wearing a bright red frock to stand out. I think you should wear something you feel comfortable in. I wore brown and cream to my FIL funeral, and lots of people wear colour, especially for someone so young, colour seems a bit happier, more like a celebration of life, as you said.

I haven’t seen the bulk box of Huggies Infants either, but have just bought another box of Newborns without thinking that Nic will be growing out of them pretty soon. He is almost 5kg.Oh well, it’s not like you don’t use plenty of them every day, I hope they still fit him for a while.

Well, Nic has been fabulous again today. After dropping the girls to school, we came home and he went off to sleep with no trouble. I had to wake him at 11.30am for a bottle, then we went shopping. I put him in the HAB and he slept for 2 hours. I then picked up the kids and went to piano lessons where he fed again, went off to sleep and when we got home, he had a shower with his daddy and I put him in the HAB again while I cooked dinner. He loves it in there, he just went off to sleep then woke at 6.30pm for his bottle and then went off to sleep. He is so gorgeous, he can put himself to sleep most times now, so clever! We are going to mother’s group for the first time tomorrow, should be interesting. Well, that’s it for my run through, had better put the girls to bed.

Hi to everyone else!

Hello all, sounds like we all had a fab mothers day. I got a beautiful pasta shell necklace and a silver pasta shell photo frame from DS and we have Mothers night at Kindy this Thursday. Honestly I think he was more excited about mothers day than I was :-) which was sooooo cute. I also got my super sewing machine from DH - LOVE IT! Can't wait to start quilting on it it will be absolute bliss.

I think I now have one of every type of pocket nappy available and I can't decide which one I like the best thye all have they're advantages. Rachel I don't really like the fit of the peapod but they are much cheaper than the others.

I can't remember who posted what so i'll just blabber.

HAB - I tie mine before going out, I probably look like a dork getting in and out of the car and driving but it makes it much easier. I actually bought material today to make my own - do you rekon it's copyrighted??? It's basically just a strip of material, can they copyright it when it is such an old form of baby wearing?

Nappies - snugglers are pretty good for during the day too. As for why they don't make infant boxes - because they make more money off the packets and they know we need the boxes :-) I bought heaps of infant because I remembered DS stayed in them for ages but Ari is heading into crawlers (aren't they ridiculous names crawler, toddler etc - I think DS was in toddler before he could even walk)

Cass - I know how you feel, my mum lives a long way a way too and we left our home town Brissie when DS was just 6wks old. he was an unsettled baby too (the reason we waited 4yrs to have another) Have you got a sling? I know it is still a pain to carry them around but at least it gives your arms a rest. will she fall asleep on you? Sometimes just letting them get a little sleep will help them settle. My favourite saying when Xander was little was "this too will pass" and eventusally she will be happy on her own. in the meantime just enjoy her even if it means the housework never gets done. You are doing a super job! Also my postpartum bleeding lasted 7wks and I had another little bleed last week. apparently avid feeders can cause bleeding as the sucking cause contractions. BTW BF still hurts me too? Is it still really bad or just a nagging sensation? Have you had your attachment checked.

OK can't remember any thing else but just wanted to update RE our whoops last week. I'm am really starting to freak as OB said I could have had my period at 7wks and now I am dizzy and getting headaches and having CM like when I was first pg. OMG I seriously can't be pg again! Anyway just had to get that off my chest.

caro i ddint have it as a link as such.. but changed it anyway incase the mods are fussy about it lol. It says they deliver *anywhere*.. so i dont see why they wouldnt deliver to WA??unless they only do deliveries in Vic? false advertising if they dont deliver to WA too!!!!

Jo, thanks thats so sweet that my pic of Claire makes you smile. I just stalked your website and little Nicholas is so cute and your two girls are gorgeous too. wow you looked really good straight after giving birth - I looked horrid!! pmsl!

Sarah, what a cute pressie you got! Woohoo on the sewing machine too. with the HAB being copyrighted... i am not sure?? but I think another member made her own HAB too. Fionajill, i think?

OMG Claire has been screaming so much tonight.. and spent like an hour on my boob. feels like my nipple is going to fall off! I went to the library to get a book out and she was quiet but awake the whole time I was there and for about 30 mins after i got home, but as soon as hubby got home.. omg... I cant believe so much noise can come out of someone so tiny. I think she doesnt like me. We finally got her to settle and she is now sleeping.

time for sleep now!

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Happy Mothers day for yesterday. We had a lovely family day at a picnic spot on the river, DH parents, my parents and us. Kaiden brought me a little teddy bear charm for my braclette and a lovely card (of course DH organised all this.. hehe) and i had banana pancakes made for me. Very lucky in deed. Mum also brought me some tulips for my first mothers day. It was a beautiful day.

Rachel: I am sorry to hear about your friends death, the top will be fine for the funeral, its not so traditonal anymore.
    Cass: i hope Izzy is better
    Bec, Jo & Caro: I am south of the river (Beeliar) but dont mind driving up near you guys. I am off to subiaco tomorrow for my girlfriends birthday lunch at the subi hotel, looking forward to roaming the streets with Kaiden doing some window shopping after lunch. I think i might express a couple of bottles, not to confident on bf in public still and i dont think there are any parenting rooms in subi.

I have not seen any bulk infant nappies either, i brought two boxes of crawlers as they were at $29, what is the difference with the infants/crawlers when they are around the size weight??? Kaiden is 5.55kg last Thursday.

I took Kaiden swimming today, he loved it, nice and warm in the hydrotherapy pool at the hospital, i am also learning the nursery rymes because we sing to them.

Loving mothers group have a great bunch of ladies. Some are second/third time mums. My mothers group was started from our health centre.

Kaiden is very bad reflux, poor little fellow: do i get have to get a perscription for Losec?? He is though sleeping through the night from 9.30-6am sometimes 7am, my boobs are killing me by 4am i have to express because they are going to explode. I need to speak to a lac consultant because i have to go back to work soon so need to get some advise on missing feeds.

I loved the Zanzi bar theme too, we didnt end up getting it though. We ordered some awesome canvas paintings off ebay, just waiting for them to arrive, one of a fire truck and one of a car. We are getting Kaidens feet put in plaster and then framed so going to put that on the wall too and have his name done up for his door. Also going to get his birth cert put in a frame too.

Well better go sorry for those who i didnt individually write too. i forget from reading the previous pages and i cant go back and check on them..

Hi girls...I think I'm going to wear that top, I don't really have anything else anyway and as DH pointed out, Grace won't be in black (do they even make black clothes for babies!). We weren't going to take her as I thought that my being upset would upset her, but we have babysitter issues and DH is happy to take her. He said he would hold her - he will be upset but he's not a crier like me so hopefully she won't pick up on his sad vibes as much as me. My mum said she will be ok, she's too young to really know what it will be about anyway.

Sonia - I didn't know you could take them swimming so soon! I can't wait to take swimming lessons with Grace, it will be so fun.

Grace is really working on rolling. She can now get right over on her side and there have been a few times that I thought she was going to get over. It's so cute to watch, she gets so frustrated with herself when she can't do it. If she keeps this up it won't be long before she does roll!

Oooh, Sarah, how scary. I would be beside myself! lol! I hope for your sake that you aren't (unless of course that is what you want and then I hope you are!!!lol!!). We find the peapods fit ok, but they are still leaking, I don't know if i'm not putting the stuffing in properly as that is dry,, almost like she has peed around it!

I assumed they didn't make big boxes of infant size because there is only a kg of overlap and then they fit into the next size up (between 5 and 6 kgs), so they make more money out of you when you have to buy smaller amounts (unless you get them on special!!). Should get another box of crawler seeing that they are on special. Seem to be using more disposable than cloth lately as we are always out and about. The flanalette flats are not cutting it anymore (she almost doesn't fit them), but only have 3 fitted MCNs and one is the bamboozle which takes forever to dry. Going to Adelaide in a couple of weeks and there is a shop there that stocks MCNs that is just down the road from where we are staying so hanging out to check them out for real.

Does this seem weird? Got a phone call this morning from DH ex fiance, whom I haven't even met. My FIL is getting married in a couple of weeks (hence the going to Adelaide) and has invited DH ex fiance (WTF!!! I know). That, I can live with. I knew they were in touch years ago but didn't realise they still were. Now I haven't met her...she wanted to meet me once but DH didn't want to have a friendship with her so never got back to her (isn't that hint enough). She rang this morning as she and her DD are going to the wedding (she lives in melbourne too) and she wanted to know if she could come with us in our car!!! WTF was what went through my head....although I politely said that with DD it would be too squishy - she didn't know that we had a daughter! I just thought that was a strange thing to ask of someone that you don't keep in touch with, different if we did. Is it just me or is that weird?

Have spent that last hour and a half settling Grace in her cot as we are trying to get her used to sleeping in the cot during the day, she finally fell asleep at 1.30 with her feed due now! Won't wake her as she hasn't slept much and I'm sure she will wake soon. Once she is fed we are off to meet Jessica, Aiden and Tate so that will be good.

If anyone is interested, I have put some more photo's onto my website in my signature.

Karina – I really need to update the photo’s of Nicholas. He looks totally different now that he has put on some weight. Thanks for the comment on how I looked after the birth too, I have to say, I felt really good. It wasn’t until about day 3 that I started to look really crap, and things are not looking up at this point either!!

Sonia- I don’t know of any parent rooms in Subi either. Maybe we should arrange somewhere a bit more central, South Perth or somewhere?? Nic also has reflux and the Losec has worked really well for him. You can get a script from your GP, but then I had to go to St John’s in Subi to have the pharmacy make a liquid form. Apparently they give you tablets otherwise, and the liquid is much easier to give them. I have also been taking him to a chiropractor as was recommended by the GP and the CHN, so I am not sure what is working of the two, but I am not game to take him off either one! He is much better now, still throws up a lot, but without the pain.

Rachel – Nic has been rolling onto his side too. I must look at Jasmyn’s baby book to remember how old she was when she started doing things. About your DH’s ex, yes, I think that is a bit strange her asking for a lift, especially as she doesn’t know you and they haven’t spoken for so long. And, it’s not as if you are just popping down the road, you are crossing the border! I think you handled it very diplomatically. The pics of Grace are beautiful. It’s funny, I have a photo of Keyt with Nic in the same pose (nose to nose) as Grace with her Daddy! So cute.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

My god Rachel. WTF with the Ex... what does she think you are going to say..

Expressed a bottle for Kaiden to have at lunch so all worked well with Subiaco today although he is very unsettled with his reflux and he got so tired. I am going to trya nd stay home more often i think i am taking him out to much.

Will speak to CHN tomorrow to see what i should do about Losec etc.

I want to try and get K to feed 4 hourly instead of 2hrly does anybody have any advice on this?? I will look at bf posts as well.

Jo, Sonia, if you look on the australian breastfeeding association website they have a list of parents room which they think are good ones. its under products and services, then babycare rooms. Theres a bunch listed in WA but I have no idea what theyre near since I have never been to Perth lol. Obvisouly not ALL are listed, just the ones they have seen and think are good.

Jo, i'm looking ordinary still. Just got sent a bunch of photos of myself and omg my skin looks terrible. Ive been photoshopping away all my zits!

Rachel, eek about the ex. I have no idea what I would do, but I dont think I;d be happy with the whole situation, esp since it was something just out of the blue like that. wierd. I'd say no! because I'm a meanie.

omg Claire cried non stop from 7pm to 11pm then again from 1am to 6am. I was tearing my hair out. DH felt sorry for me so he went out today and bought me a present from Claire to say sorry. How cute.

Anyone elses DH not change nappies?? Mine just leaves her in a full nappy then wonders why the nappy leaks. Is it a bloke thing?

((HUGS)) to you Caro, hopefully Michael will start to settle down soon. I can understand you feeling bad, even though of course you're not a failure! But I get how you can feel that way. Have you been in touch with the ABA, maybe they can give you some help or some ideas as to why he's not feeding so well. I haven't called them but two girlfriends have and they both said they were fantastic. Btw S used to do the clearing the throat thing as well, it's an awful sound, but he seems to have grown out of it? Not sure why he did it, either.

Karina, M will change nappies but it sometimes doesn't occur to him. Now, changing cloth nappies ... well, I can see that will be a bit of a hurdle for him!!

Sonia hope your lunch was good - went there last year for my birthday and it was great food. I know what you mean about b/f in public, I like to go and sit in the car if I have to do it, not because I'm embarrassed but it's just a thing I like to do in private. Don't have any ideas on the 4 hour feeds though. Sometimes if S is getting hungry and it's not practical to feed him or I want him to wait a bit, I can distract him a little with a game or singing a bit, and I can stretch it out a bit that way. I need to express a bit more I think, since some days I just feel like I'm exhausted and all I'm doing is feeding, feeding, MOO!

Rachel, hope the funeral is as "good" as it can be iykwim. Good idea having your DH hold Grace. Yes, I think the call from the ex is weird. Glad you could think of a good reason for her not coming in the car with you!

Ooh, Sarah, that's a bit scarey about pg symptoms, hope you get some good news at the Ob. I think I like the pocket nappies too, covers plus nappy just seem to be too huge for S, sometimes I can hardly fit his clothes over them!! Also I have more chance of getting M to use pockets I think

Jo, Caro, Sonia - South Perth would be fine with me, I'm happy to drive a bit. When is good for you? Tuesdays are out for me, and mornings are best because I need to pick up M in the early afternoon.

We had mothers group today and had coffee again afterwards. We're trying to get organised to form our own playgroup which should be good. M took the day off work today as he was too ill to go into work. Poor love, he's really not well! Hopefully he'll be better tomorrow as he has to fly out late afternoon. Apart from him being all stuffed up with cold it was nice to have him home!

That's about all, I'd better go and clean up the kitchen since I had a long nap this afternoon and never did the washing up...

Caro, you poor thing, I don't have any advice for you I'm afraid, obviously being new to this myself. I just wanted to say that you are NOT a failure, fraud or loser - please don't think like this. You know that every baby is different, what worked with your DD may not work with your DS, it is no reflection on you what so ever. Feeding 3 hourly is normal for BF babies - Grace still feeds 3 hourly during the day it's only at night that she goes longer. Also from memory, Grace was terrible with her feeding between 6 and 8 weeks, she would really fuss, she would absolutely crack it, fight the breast, scream until she was red in the face - just had to stay calm and relaxed and persevere (?sp), she still gained weight and once she hit 8 weeks she calmed down again, we put it down to the growth spurt that they can get during this time. She was also feeding alot during this time. I hope the losec helps and that you get some rest. Please remember that you are a fantastic mother (you have a gorgeous little girl to prove you know what you are doing).

Karina - lol, I did say no. It was just lucky that my excuse was we would be to squished with 2 babies and 3 adults, if Grace wasn't here I don't know what I would have said. OMG for your horrid night, fingers crossed for a better one tonight. How sweet of you DH, at least he acknowledges the work you do. I am a lucky one, my DH probably changes more nappies than me! He gets up through the night when he isn't working the next day and will change her nappy while I get ready to feed, as I said, very lucky.

Sonia - I thought the same thing that maybe I needed to spend more time trying to establish a routine at home. We are trying to get Grace used to sleeping in her cot in the day which will obviously come with time, it won't come if we aren't home to put her in her cot!! Problem is sometimes I just need to get out, I find the days that I am home alone all day, just grace and I, more tiring and stressful than going out! For some reason I find dealing with Grace if she is upset easier if there are other people around. Does anyone else feel like this? No advice on feeding I'm afraid, hope you get some advice.

Jo - thanks. How funny that you have the same photo. Very cute.

Oops gotta run...

Hello all. Just wondering, how often are you going to the CHN etc to get bub checked. i haven't been for ages as everytime i went they made me feel silly for being there. I want to go and find out about mother's group . Ariya has soooo much dribble at the moment and is sucking on everything that comes close to her mouth, she constantly looks like a fish opening and closing her mouth - so funny. i bet she is just busting to be able to put everything in there. Anyone else having a dribble fest at the moment?

Rachel - no we aren't hoping for any BFP any time soon. I haven't had any leaks from my nappies yet but ari has the chunkiest thighs :-)

Karina - OMG hope claire settles down for you and you have a better night.

Caro - hope you find some answers soon. ari gets a lot of wind while feeding and will often have a few good burps but I take her off about 2-3 times per side to bring them up and she will carry on but it is getting better.

Sonia - Most BF babies only go 2-3 hrs between feeds as the BM is digested so quickly until they start solids. As they get older though they feed quicker and it doesn't seem to be such a milk fest from sun up to sun down. Ari has just gotten to the stage where it's not all about food and she will wake up from a sleep and not want food straight away, she has stretched out her feeds from 1 1/2 hrs to 3 hrs occassionally but as my OB reminded me the more often they feed the longer AF will stay away.

As for me, still having pg symptoms but I'm hoping they are just left over or BF hormones or something. Going to wait until the beginning of June to take a test. fingers crossed it's BFN. Gotta run, sleep is calling

Sarah, lol at the dribble fest, Claire sucks anything that comes near her mouth, including my neck, my hands, her fist and thumbs... DHs clothes. He ends up with wet patches after he's been cuddling her and her wraps are always soaking in her drool. She does the cutest look when she's sucking on something though. To be honest, I havent seen the CHN since she came to my house for the very first appointment...

Caro, i hope you can find something that works. Youre not a failure at all, pllase dont think that you are.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast