Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007

Sarah, you poor thing, I hope you had a better day today. Yay on Ariya's weight gain. Grace gained 330g in 1 week - we have a little greedy guts. The MCHN said average weight gain was 140g!!! She's now 160g bigger than when she was born. Definitely have to look at a sling. Grace was unsettled this morning and just wanted to be held. Makes it hard to do stuff, not so bad at the moment cause we're both off but DH goes back to work end of next week, will be interesting.

Sonia, thanks, I think she is gorgeous too (not that i'm bias or anything). She actually looks like my middle sister when she was born, can see aspects of me in her but she has bits of DH such as long arms and legs - she will be tall we think. I wear a maternity bra to bed, went and got 2 more bras last week so have plenty now (I can't wear one since she's been born and my boobs have doubled in size!). No heartburn, you lucky thing. The midwives at the hospital told me that there was some research done on it and it was found to be true! Doesn't explain you though.

Karina, my DH is on leave at the moment so makes it much easier, will be different when he goes back end of next week. Claire is just gorgeous.

Feeling a bit weary - once Grace finishes feeding I think I might have a lie down. Hope everyone has a good night.

Well, we have just been down to the Child Health Centre to weigh Sebastian (fatty!!) and also because I was a bit concerned about his breathing. He kind of grunts when he lies down, and it could be wind, but I was just a bit worried, you know? Typical first time mum, I suppose! Anyway the nurse said his pulse was just a little bit fast and has given me a referral to a local medical centre, which is good because I wanted to change doctors and have a nice one for Sebastian to see - we weren't that happy with our GP before. AND they bulk-bill, which is great, because none of the places closer to us do that, and I just sometimes don't have a spare $75 to shell out (and they won't let you pay later - serves me right living in a snobby suburb, I suppose!) We're going tomorrow morning.

I finally got a good night's sleep! S did wake up at 1:30, 3, and 4, but in between seemed to sleep really well, or at least, I slept really well, and if he didn't, I managed to ignore him LOL Then we had another nap from about 7am to about 8, and I'm surprised how much better I feel. Yesterday I was so weepy, and it was just because I was so exhausted.

Rachel, we need to get a sling too - we have a Nursing Mothers one but it's not very comfortable. Although I love cuddling the little one, it's sometimes a bit frustrating if you can't put them down for five minutes just to finish the washing up or even make a cup of tea!

I got rid of the bulky pads, finally! Now just wearing little pantyliners, such a relief. Felt like I was just leaking from everywhere, with breast pads and sanitary pads, ugh! I know the breast pads are here to stay for a while, but I can cope with them a bit better.

We use Huggies too but in a few weeks I would like to try and go for some fitted cloth nappies and see how they go. I got a sample of some biodegradable nappies but they are really not that good, so don't think I'll buy any.

Well, might go for a walk with the pram before it gets too hot! Hope you're all going well.

HELLO EVERYONE I THOUGHT ID JOIN IN I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT TODAY ABOUT IT > I THINK ITS GOOD HEARING WAT EVERYONE ELSE IS GOING THROUGH AT THE SAME TIME>>>>>

well my boobs were so huge and soooooooo sore it wasnt funny although i knew what to expect it was the THIRD DAY THAT THE MILK CAME IN I LEFT THE HOSP FEELING LIKE DOOLY PARTON AND THE NEXT DAY OUCHEEE SO PAINFUL BUT KNOW THAY HAVE SETTLED THEY TEND TO GET THAT FULL TINGILING PSIN FEELIN NOT LONG BEFORE I FEED HIM < ITS FUNNY IF I BEND OVER I CAN FEEL THEM FULL UP <<< ANYWAY tAYLEN IS FEEDING REALLY WELL INFACT TO WELL >
    ANYONE ELSE UP ABOUT ~THREE TO FOUR TIMES A NITE HE SOME TIMES HAS TWO HRLY FEEDS ITS SO FRUSTRATING< ITS REALLY WEARING ME OUT AND IVE GOTTA GET UP AND GET THE KIDS READY FOR SCHOOL SO TIRING AND MY TWO YR OLD WONT LET ME HAVE A SLEEP DURING THE DAY< IM OFFICIALY BUGGERED >

I ALSO MISS BEING PREGNANT< ALTHOUGH I KNOW I WHINGED AT THE END AS I WAS SO SORE AND UNCOMFY BUT I KNOW THAT tAYLEN WAS MY LAST AS WE HAVE FOUR KIDS I REALLY THINK THAT ITS ENOUGH >>> SO I AM SO SAD THAT I WILL NOT EXPERIENCE BEING PREGNANT AGAIN OR BIRTH WHICH AS PAINFULL AS IT IS IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL >
    ANYWAY I HAD A READ AND ITS GOOD TO SEE THAT IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THINGS AS U GALS>
    C U ALL LATER
    SAVINA

Bec, i was going to try cloth nappies as well, but I am worried her explosive poos will spill out the sides, pmsl! blergh i hate the breast pads, they make me feel itchy and they just soak through in like 5 mins.

Savina, i hear yuo on the massive boobs. I barely fit in my bras now. Need to go get more. Some nights Claire is waking up 3 or 4 times, other nights it might only be twice.

Went into the hospital again to see a physio. I just wanted to get some tips for getting more comfy with my stupid sore tailbone. She gave me a few tips so I;ll give them a go. Saw my mum today as well and she is totally in love with Claire - she didnt want me to leave!

Hi girls, well I'm pooped! Little miss Grace has not been a happy lady. Everynight since coming home Grace has slept for 4.5 hours, feed, then 3 hours, feed and then it's morning. We felt great. Well....we were in for a shock last night. She fed every 2-3hrs but wouldn't settle in between, she wanted continuous comfort from the breast - feeding for 40min in total once - then she had a rip rorter of a sore tummy which took us an hour to settle! Then she's been really unsettled today, won't sleep unless in our arms. Went to the shops and she cried the whole time. She is so tired, you can see it. She has just fallen asleep in my arms. We've been trying to avoid the dummy for now as we were told it can interfere with b/f but if this continues we'll give it to her if it helps her sleep - poor little thing. After reading about your feeding schedule overnight Savina and Bec I shouldn't complain it was just a real shock to the system 2 weeks later!

Bec, I can't believe you were charged $75 at your own clinic. I hope this new doctor is good. Grace makes lots of weird and cute noises when she is asleep, hopefully it's just a weird and wonderful noise.

Savina I take my hat off to you. I don't know how you find the time to look after your little man AND your other 3 kids!! You are wonder woman!

Karina we are using cloth - we have had one leak onto clothes and that was initially when we were getting used to them - so operator error I think! No problems here (I actually find the sposies strange to put on, lol), just always feel like we are washing, went and got some more as we almost ran out! My DH actually finds folding the nappies therapeutic! I hope your tailbone feels better soon.

My mum, bless her, is trying to be helpful with her advice but she just aint getting it! My mum didn't breastfeed (I wouldn't latch on), no big deal, but she doesn't understand that there are different sucking mechanisms for bottles and breast and that we really want to establish the b/f before introducing regular bottles or dummies etc. She offered to come over tonight and feed Grace so that we could get some sleep, very sweet offer, but unless she can b/f I don't see how that's possible - if we wanted to give bottles right now DH would give her one while I rested. This is what we plan to do after 6 weeks! Sorry for the rant, probably feeling a wee bit touchy as I am buggard!

Going to make dinner now - have a good night girls.

hi, only on for a minute as Ariya is having a fidgetity night, sounds like all our bubs are gearing up for their growth spurts (not fun)

We got Ariya the most beautiful bouncer today from toys are us, it's very pink - this little girl is going to hate pink when she is older :-)

rachel - try not to worry if they will only settle in your arms, I spent many a sleepless night trying to get Xander to sleep alone only to give in and let him sleep on my chest - this time *i just skipped straight to letting her sleep with us. sometimes she sleeps the whole night in the cot and other nights she just needs the extra comfort. We have a mesh bedrail on my side and we put her between the rail and me. Also good luck with the mother issue, we went through the same thing with DS - I still get the "oh no we're not allowed to feed Ariya she's *BF" sort of comments but don't feel bad if you do need to let DH or someone give her a bottle occassionaly to save your sanity, if BF is going well Grace will cope ok with the switch,

Karina - ouch on the sore tail bone! Going to see my chiro next week to get rid of the post birth kinks. Too bad you don't live in Townsville, she is awesome.

Savina - good to hear from you. My DS feed every 2hrs too, hope you get a break soon - know what you mean about not being able to rest during the day - it is so hard!

Bec - hope everything is OK at the appointment. we really have to find a GP too, so hard to find one that bulk bills and is good with kids. And a huge WOOHOO for getting rid of the surfboards - wish I was that lucky, I think I will be anemic by the end of this!

Better run, hope to catch up tomorrow while DS is at kindy

We had a lovely visit with the GP this morning, who said that S is fine, and adorable She said we'll keep an eye on him as there is asthma in the family, but his heart, lungs and pulse are all good. So that put my mind at rest! And I've booked him in for his 6 week check there as well. Then I got home and realised I'll need a check then too, so I'll have to call them back to find out if I can go to her too at the same time - would certainly make it easier.

Rachel, you poor thing, I can sympathise with the sleepless night! Sometimes S won't settle either and I end up with him sleeping on my chest or next to me in bed, just so that we can all get some rest! I have to start expressing so that DH can feed him sometimes. Re the cloth nappies, are you using terry squares and folding them or prefolds/fitted etc?

It's a shame when you don't get the support about breastfeeding from your mum - I was breastfed for ages, until I was at least 2, I think, so Mum is very OK with the whole idea!! (Not that I think I'm going to manage two years - I think about 9 months or so will do, since we would like to try and have the next child soon, and I don't want to breastfeed while pregnant... LOL never imagined I'd be planning the next pregnancy so soon!)

Sarah, I'm going to borrow a bouncer from my sister tonight. Hopefully it will help when he gets grizzly and won't settle... sometimes I just want to rest and having to pick him up all the time can be exhausting! BTW my niece had sooo much pink stuff when she was born and now she's six, and guess what her favourite colour is?!! STILL!

Savina, I agree with the others, you're amazing bringing up 4 children at once! Do your older children help you out?

Karina, my parents are in love with their grandson too - it's sweet to see! Even my parents-in-law, who are the most un-parentlike people, can't wait to meet him - they'll be coming over when he's about 3 months old.

Completely off topic, but while I was trying to write out the forms at the doctor's today (squirming cranky baby was making it quite hard!) I was thinking, why didn't we give our son a shorter name? I write "S" most of the time on here because it's a hassle to write LOL and the surname is three syllables long too... ugh. The next baby is going to have a one-syllable name, I think!

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Savina: - Yep Im with the rest of the girls and agree your amazing. Mother of the Year I think even a bravery award.. hahaha

Rachel: - Doesnt matter about having to cuddle bubs so much, they need the cuddles and attention. I dont think it will affect them in the long term. We just cant resist giving them extra attention, they are still so young. Hopefully your mum will understand they way you feel, nothing like having your mum disappointed when you dont accept an offer of help, I know my mum gets a bit disappointed.

Bec: - Yay for your appt that is fantastic that S is doing well.

Karina: - Hoping your tailbone gets better. My mum and MIl are the same, dont want to leave, they are in ore of this little man.

We have a Fisher & Price Papasan which vibrates and plays music, i put Kaiden in that for about 30 minutes just to get him out of the bassinet i also put him on his playmat, not that he plays he just sleeps on his stomach on that.

I cant wait for Kaiden to do the 6-8 hr sleeps, this 3-4 hrs is starting to get to me and I am pretty tired today, i am still in my PJ's and havent even switched the main tv on, i have been in my room the whole day, had breakfast & lunch in bed.. hehehe.. HOW BAD AM I!!!.. Will go for a walk when DH gets home the weather is awesome today in Perth, nice and cool.. Some rain finally.

Oh K is waking up .. ready for his next feed, right on the dot, its amazing how they wake up ready for their feed. My right boob is about to explode.

Love Sonia.

Rachel, hope you manage to get a bit of rest today. How cute that your hubby finds folding nappies therapeutic! i wish I could get my hubby to fold stuff lol! We also have to cuddle Claire to sleep sometimes. I just sit on the couch with her on my tummy and cuddle her to sleep. We also play her music and she seems to settle well to that most of the time. We got the CD from Target. Its called Sounds for Silence and also includes a book about settling. I havent even opened the book yet though.

Bec, argh about being charged so much to see your doc. I have a great GP, he bulk bills and is also an Ob - i'd tell you his details though its not particularly helpful since he is on the other end of the country. I hope this new Doctor of yours is good. Its hard to find a good one that bulk bills and is good with the kiddies. Yay that your appointment went well and all is good with Sebastian. I am going to do both of our 6 weeks appointments at the same time - I am just going to ask if I can have two appointments in a row so I have enough time with the doctor, if that makes sense? lol @ the long names. We have an unusual surname. Its welsh and not difficult to spell (its two words put together),but I am still forever spelling it and my first name.

Sarah, lol about the pink! I didnt buy a single pink item, but I have been given so much pink! About co-sleeping, dumb question that people probably ask all the time, but do you ever worry about rolling over and squashing Ariya? Thats something I am worried about when I bring Claire into our bed. Not so much me squashing her, but more DH because he sleeps through anything.

Sonia, ikwym about them waking up on the dot for their feeds. We have a 1:20am on the dot feed every night - Yay! Looking forward to when she doesnt need so many feeds through the night.

Well i got around to applying for the baby bonus. geez it took me a while to figure it out. Now I am not that dumb, but I just found the website confusing! Mummy brain, perhaps? We also recieved a bunch of money which DH's colleagues collected, and we are going to get another pram! The one we have weighs about 15kg and its so massive and I have so much trouble getting it in and out of the car. I am worried about injuring my back, and that is something I really dont need right now!

Sarah funny you mention about the growth spurts - i think claire is going through one. She feels so heavy now and I constantly have a boob out for her. I am going to go to the baby health centre and weigh her tomorrow.

Our Parents group starts next week. Is anyone else going to a parents group? I am hoping to bring DH along to some of the meetings while he is on school holidays. Get us both out of the house!

hope everyone is getting some rest!

Oh what a day, Ariya is def in the midst of a growth spurt we have been feeding almost comstantly today and she has been awake for a total of about 6hrs today (although she has been very good, just grizzly and uncomfy when she is trying to sleep.

Bec - glad your appointment went well. Second you on the name thing. we gave DS two middle names after his granddad (who passed away the month he was concieved) and so when we had a name dilema with Ariya decided it was probably fairer that they both had two, but *i am now a little annoyed as we have to spell Ariya and Temperance and our last name as it is easily mispelt.

Sonia - sounds like you had a good relaxing day. Well as much as you can with a newborn.

Karina - I do worry about DH rolling over which is why Ariya only ever sleeps between me and the rail, now we also have a special night pillow which creates a barrier too and surprisingly DH is quite aware of her being in the bed even when I put her in during the night. We are going to some of the breastfeeding assos meeting but haven't heard about any parents groups yet. Hoping to meet some people at the newborn clinc at the hospital.

really have to book are paed appoint and my ob appoint. Does anyone elses bubba get like the shivers? Ariya's whole body twitches sometimes and *i don't remember DS doing that. She used to do it in the womb as well.

Gotta run, study to do.

Hello ladies, well so relieved, Grace has gone back to her usual pattern of 4hours sleep at a time overnight....I think she must have been having a growth spurt that day, either that or she wanted to increase my milk supply cause wow, they're even bigger again!

Mum came around yesterday afternoon and then stayed for dinner. She bathed Grace last night which she was pretty chuffed about - Grace didn't like her bath though but that and a feed and then she slept and slept. We woke her after 4 hours but then it took another 25 minutes to actually wake her so she'll feed! I think she wore herself out in the day - it was also pretty hot here yesterday.

Sarah - Grace sometimes gets the twitches, usually when she is asleep. You must be wonderwoman also - raising a newborn, a son & studying! Wow!

Bec - glad your appointment went well. We are using flanalette nappies with newborn snibs at the moment, they are less bulky than the terry squares. No problems here, just lots of washing. When we get the baby bonus we are going to buy a clothes dryer otherwise winter will be a nightmare with drying times. My brother in law's name is Sebastian and we call him Seb - much shorter.

Sonia - that will be my real challenge when DH goes back to work in a week. At the moment because both of us are here we have no issues with getting in a shower etc. I'm a wee bit nervous about him going back to work, especially overnight. Because he isn't working at the moment he gets up and changes her nappy then I feed, makes it much easier when both of you are up, when he goes back to work will not expect him to do this as he starts at 7am to 5pm for 2 shifts, then he is on 2 nightshifts, so he won't be home anyway. Another challenge to add to all the new challenges of motherhood - great and exciting challenges though, even if they are tiring! Glad you are having some cooler weather.

Karina - I will have to look for that CD, we need something. WE were trying to find a book of nursery rhymes as DH and I realised we really don't know any! How bad is that. Found a website instead. Your parents group starts so soon, I don't think ours starts until at least 6-8 weeks, will find out at health nurse appointment on Monday.

Have a good day, have to go play with my daughter now.

Sarah, no I havent seen Claire have the shivers. She just startles herself heaps and sneezes often. her sneezes are so cute!

Rachel, Grace is so cute! Oh dear.. i never thought of nursery rhymes. I cant say i actually know any either. DH makes up his own, but I am not as creative as he is.

Went to the Baby health centre today, but for some reason it was closed.. even though it was within the times that it is meant to be open. So not sure what that is all about. I wanted to weigh her. She feels enormous now! I also went to the post office and people are still asking if Claire is a boy or girl. I think she looks too dainty to be a boy.
    Does anyone else get asked by random people if theirs is a boy or girl?

Ok, this is going to sound a bit b!tchy... but is anyone else over other peoples "well meaning advice"? I am so over being told I should do this and not do that. I just want to make my own decisions as to how to care for my daughter and myself. I mean, i appreciate people want to help, but I just feel so smothered! ok maybe its just me wanting to be too independant. ?
    Last edited by Karina; March 23rd, 2007 at 07:31 PM.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Karina: - I think Kaiden looks like a real boy so nobody has asked me in the shops if he is a boy or girl. Plus I have put him in blue when I go out. I agree with the advice, sometimes I just wish people would keep their mouths shut, although i do appreciate some advice, othertimes I want to make up my own mind and decisions. I find my family put alot of pressure on me with the breastfeeding, my Nonna and Zia's ask me straight up.. so you breast feeding how is the feeding going.. ALl i say is fine all good dont go into the fact I have to use a shield etc.. cant be bothered with it all really.

Rachel: - It wont take long for you to get into a routine, it will be hard to start with because you are used to hvae DH help but after a week you will be on top of it.

Sarah: - No shivers for Kaiden, he throws his ups up still like a startled movement, nurse said he should be out of that soon though.

I dont start my mothers group till May, I just missed out on this one and have to wait for the next one.. :-( Oh well.. I guess i will be with mums that have bubs around the same age so that is good. I hope the girls are nice in my group..

Natty had her baby YAY.!!!

Well Im going ok, I have changed my breast feeding position to the couch now, I get up out of bed and go into the lounge room, its alot more comfy in the big chair and i my back is more suppported, DH gets more sleep this way to, Kaiden seems to be feeding better and going to sleep alot quicker. He is still waking up every 3 hours. I think he is also going through a growth spurt because he is feeding more and awake a bit more too in the mornings. So alert now and holding his head up really well.. Lastnight he was making all these cute noises in his sleep, I like when he makes noises because i know he is ok. I freak out a bit when he is so quiet.

I wonder if Catherine has had her baby yet??

Karina that is weird that the health centre wasn't open- annoying and inconvenient for you also. I think Grace looks like a real girly girl and haven't really been asked except once from a woman who must have been stupid as Grace was dressed in pink and wrapped in a pink wrap - boy? I think not! I haven't had too much well meaning advice thank goodness - it would probably tick me off. My mum has given some advice which we have smiled and said thank you but....one was about feeding with a bottle and the other was about using a dummy.

Sonia glad you found a better position to breastfeed in. I change my position all the time except overnight where I feed in the nursery on our rocking chair with only the hall light on, try to keep it feeling like night as much as possible, in the daytime I feed wherever I land and she wants it! Usually on the couch. I find feeding in bed uncomfortable on my back unless I put a massive pile of pillows behind me. I know what you mean about the noises, they are definitely reassuring and very cute too. Grace pulls the funniest faces as well, she is just adorable to watch!

I wonder if Catherine has had her baby also.

Grace was so tired and irritable yesterday afternoon and evening. It was 37 degrees here yesterday, the hottest day we have had since she was born. She was feeding 2 hourly (obviously thirsty), then wouldn't settle as she was so hot and bothered. We went to my parents house for tea and she cried and cried, we had to completely undress her and give her another feed then DH had her nestled on his chest and that was the only way she would sleep and not cry. She really needed to sleep as the poor thing was exhausted so unfortunately for everyone there, there was no cuddles last night. My parents had friends over and I know they were disappointed but I could see how tired she was and I thought if she doesn't get some decent sleep now because she is being passed around, we are going to be up all night trying to settle our poor exhausted little girl. Thank goodness she slept so well overnight which meant so did we (as I was exhausted from the heat too) and has slept well this morning as well - DH and I actually had alone day time together as this is the first time she has slept in her cot in the day. It was nice to have some time together. It's going to be cooler for the next couple of days so she should be more settled.

Hope everyone else had a good day and night.

Rachel, kwym about having some time together alone - we managed to have dinner together last night for the first time in ages (I mean, we eat together normally, but this time I fed Sebastian and he was sleeping by the time we ate). We could actually have an adult conversation!

You poor things with the hot weather, it has been nicer here and we're really appreciating it. Can't wait for it to get to proper autumn though.

Sonia I often feed on the couch as well, I can put pillows and cushions all around me and it makes it easier. With it being so warm I have still been sleeping downstairs most nights so I don't disturb DH but when it cools down I'll be upstairs again so I'll have to work something out. My family wants to give me a rocking chair for my birthday, I just have to find one I like, I think it will make it easier to feed S in the chair rather than on the bed which I find kind of awkward. I understand not wanting to go into details with your rellies about the feeding, he's getting food and that's the main thing, right?!

Karina, S is quite chunky but we often get asked if he's a boy or girl. I don't really mind at this stage - I kwym about the advice, unless it's my mum or my sister or the Child Health Nurse or someone, I would just like them to say nice things about my baby and leave the raising of my child to me!! I generally smile and nod and think, "well, never going to do that!" Like for example one of DH's workmates told him that we had better get S on a dummy soon, or he won't take to it. And I was thinking, well, how is that a bad thing?!! If he doesn't need one... you know? Oh, and I agree about the website for the baby bonus, it made me really mad because I think it's worded stupidly, and also, you have to wonder about some of the information they need to have, don't you?! We applied almost three weeks ago - if I don't hear anything from them by the end of this week I might give them a call to find out how long it will take.

My left nipple is so sore - I had a good look after I got out of the shower yesterday and can't see any cracks but I'm going to try and express from it and feed from the other one mostly to give it a break. Also because I wanted to start expressing some milk to freeze so that I can have a bit of a break sometimes.

Had a bad day Friday, was just so tired and it took me from about 8 am to midday to do the washing up - and there was hardly anything to wash! S just wouldn't settle, had wind and I had to go to him about every five minutes... got to the stage where I was starting to cry whenever he did Anyway DH came home from work and we had lunch, then I went to bed for an hour while he played with S and kept him happy, and it made such a difference! Not having enough sleep just makes me cranky, I guess.

Well, off to the shops for a few things before they shut!

Sonia, i hope your family stop pressuring you on breast feeding. You are feeding him, so it shouldnt matter to them so much if you need to use a shield. If you need to use it, you need to use it! I also like it when Claire makes noises while she is sleeping > when she is really quiet I find that I keep going in to make sure she is ok. I hope Kaiden starts sleeping more so you get more rest. Thats good you now have a more comfy position to feed . I've been feeding Claire in bed lying down (because my butt still hurts and its mighty uncomfortable!!!), I think I wake DH up when I do though. Just cant get comfy in the chair!

Rachel, lol that someone asked if Grace was boy when she was in all pink. I think we have also done the smile and thanks thing to some advice we didnt like. Argh about the hot day yesterday - it was hot here too and we had to go out and vote. Luckily it wasnt too crowded so we didnt have to stand in there with a screaming baby for too long. Good to hear Grace slept well last night. I'm sure your parents would have understood that she would settle better with you or your DH rather than being passed around all night.

Sasha, ikwym about the advice. I was told "you need to get her a dummy" and I thought, "well no she can settle quite easily without it for now" if I find I need it later I'll get one. Then I got told that I shouldnt be doing what the physio suggested because it will make things worse. And that every time Claire stirs or makes a noise, that I need to pick her up and cuddle her. So, she moves around when she sleeps - if I keep picking her up every 2 minutes, she wont sleep properly. and then I was told that my hospital isnt as good as the country ones because no one from there came to see me after I went home. eh, I dont know. lol I'm glad I am not the only person who got confused with the baby bonus wesbite. 3 weeks? The person in the family assistance office told me it should take 2 weeks to recieve the payment. I had a very sore nipple the other day and I put some vaseline on it. Feels so much better now. Bit of sleep always makes me feel so much better.

We went out to a friends place and they had a port-a-cot so we had Claire sleeping in that, but then they put on a REALLY loud DVD. (one of those iteractive games : think Nightmare. I think I could hear up in the next suburb) and she just wouldnt settle after that. I really wanted to go home, but I knew DH would get annoyed so we stayed and I fed her constantly while reading trashy gossip mags. Then it started raining and it was so cold. I think that upset her too because she felt a bit cold. I feel so bad sometimes when I cant work out what she wants.

Oh, Karina I know what you mean - I hate it when I can't work out what Grace wants, and then feel terrible that I didn't figure it out sooner when I do work it out. When we were in hospital we were given good advice on how to work out what a crying baby wants. It's usually one of 5 things - hungary, dirty nappy, hot/cold, wind/sore tummy, or just lonely and wants cuddles. So we usually work through the first 4 and if that doesn't solve it then we give cuddles and comfort - it generally works eventually. Also get to know their cries and can often work out what is wrong then. The worst is when she is just overtired and she doesn't know what to do with herself - I feel so useless because I can't comfort her. My mum was fine, I apologised the next day about no cuddles and she told me off for apologising saying she understands and I never have to apologise (she could have made that more obvious at the time rather than continuously asking for cuddles).

Bec I hope you have had a better time with Sebastian recently, it is so hard when they are unsettled isn't it.

have a good day.

Taia's Mum Guest

Hi Everyone! I'm finally joining this room! Right so the story of how my little one arrived:

I went to hospital to be induced on Wednesday 21st. Had an internal and I was still not dialated at all so they applied the gels.
    I managed 2hrs sleep before the contractions started about 12.45am. At 7.30am they did another internal and I had only dialated 1cm and there were no membranes for them to break! Bubs was also slightly posterier and my god it hurt!
    By 11am I was only about 2cm and not coping too well so I called for an epidural. That was a nightmare! I had a trainee doing it and I was the first one she had ever done (they didn't bother to ask me if it was ok first). After 4 locals, several holes in my back and many screams from me as she kept hitting the bone it was finally in...off to sleep for an hour.
    Next internal and the epidural was working well as I was now 6cm. I tried to negotiate some food but it didn't work - so I watched some telly for a bit more.
    By 5.45pm I was fully dialated and ready to push! This is interesting when you can't really feel anything from the boobs down! I had to have an episiotomy.
    At 6.26pm TJ was born weighing in at 6lb 5oz!

Today my feet are so swollen that I can hardly walk, my back is still a bit sore from the epidural, my boobs are like rocks as my milk has just arrived - I can't lie down the pain is too much!

Bubs is just amazing! She is the best sucker (which is why my nipples are killing me!) and a really settled baby! I'm totally in love - can't help but kiss her all the time! I've updated my website with all the pics so feel free to have a look!

Hope everyone else is well!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast