Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born March 2007

Hi JoMarie, wow, that was a quick labour, it must have been a bit of a shock to you and to Nicholas as well!! My nephew is called Nicholas. His baby brother is due in July, and he keeps telling everyone that this new baby will be called Nicholas too!

Savina, that's sad about your Pop, but glad he got to meet Taylen. I had haemorroids last week - that is the first time I've ever had them and wow, they kind of hurt don't they?! Only lasted a day or two, I used "Rectinol" (lovely name isn't it?) and that helped and increased water and went and bought some Allbran! Hope they go away for you soon too.

Cass, how cool that you're going on holidays! I would love to go to Tassie, I've never been.

Karina, glad you had a good time at the parents' group. Good on you for ramming into people with your pram LOL I've had to do that too!

Ozzie, I'm with you on the washing thing - Sebastian is either awake or wanting to be picked up lately so hanging out a load can take an hour! I just ordered a sling online and hopefully it will come next week, so I'm hoping that will help me get some stuff done.

Sonia, S vomited all over me yesterday too. But he didn't give any warning like before, just kind of coughed a bit, gulped a couple of times and then.. spew. I laughed too, and said, "Mmm, lovely." Of course it was all over his clean wrap and clean clothes and my clean tshirt - it wouldn't be worth the effort if he was sick on something he'd been wearing all day!! Hope you're feeling better soon - how was the concert?

DH is home over the whole 4 days too and I'm so looking forward to it. I honestly don't know how single parents do it! If I didn't have him there sometimes just to take S for a while so I could have some alone time... well, I'm not sure I would go crazy but I'm sure I'd be a lot less sane than I am now!

We're not having that much chocolate over the break - I seem to have gone off it lately. Hope everyone has a good time!
    Last edited by sasha; April 6th, 2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling...

Hey Caro!!

Karina, I felt great after my walk yesterday too...today though I've been really tired...lol...maybe cos Oskar was waking every 3-4 hrs last night.

Cass, Oskar has milk spots on his nose..had them when he was born. I can't tell if they're going away yet though. He also has these little kinda like bubbly spots IYKWIM... on his forehead but a friend said they were from sweat...like when he's in my arms feeding.

Sasha, haven't had the vomit thing...but I got the POO thing...rofl...was GROSS!! I was changing him and he decided he needed to do more and out it came, on my hand but luckily I wasn't standing directly in front of him...bad news was it went on the carpet...ahahahaha...lucky we have a carpet cleaning business so Andy could clean it up I'm not sure what's worse .... in some ways I think the vomit thing.

Hello all! welcome to the new march mums! Can't wait to catch up with you. Ariya had one of those days, what did you call them Brooke bulls#@$! days? But I have to say she is beautiful at night, she now sleeps through from midnight until 7am (unfortunately DS wakes up at 5am :-) So different from DS who fed every 1.5hrs day and night for a year! Touch wood it continues. Ariya had her 1 mth check-up at the hospital on Wednesday. Little piggy put on 400g in a week bringing her up to 4.6kg (10lB 6oz) Would not want to be giving birth to a 10 lB she looks so big now!!!! She still has storkbites on the back of her head (which apparently will go away), from the crazy way she was sitting in my pelvis I think and she has a little tiny birth mark on her bum :-)

Sonia - Hope Kaiden's vomits settle for you, the only thing I've heard is that it could be from a fast flow or over supply and the suggestions are to take them off after the first 3-4min to burp them or to hand express until you get the letdown and have a cloth nappy there to catch the flow and when it settles put bub on. (I actually put Ariya on, wait for the let down then take her off, catch the letdown and then put her back on otherwise she chokes and splutters all over the place)

savina - sorry to hear about your Pop, thinking of you and your family.

Karina - bummer about your car, is it fixable! Just what you need at the moment I suppose.

Cass - we have had the poo experience too, although I copped most of it and the floor caught the rest, Xander used to projectile poo all the time - usually in the wee hours of the morning :-)

Sarah, I take S off when I get letdown as well because otherwise he starts to choke and then he takes himself off and gets sprayed in the face with milk LOL Poor baby, that can't be pleasant, but it is kind of funny...

Welcome Caro! Glad you could join us!

Sonia Ė how is Kaidens vomits? Have they settled? Are you feeling better now you poor thing? That was a big reality check when I was unwell for one night, because Iím exclusively b/f at the moment it meant that Grace still needed me whether I was sick or not, you just had to push on.

Karina Ė I think we have gotten a few Ďrealí smiles from Grace too. She is so so cute when she smiles. I like your comment on feeding in public. I havenít had any comments but they would get an earful if they did! Lol. Bugger about your car, I would be lost if I had to catch public transport as I havenít done that since high school! Glad your parents group went well, I must find out when mine start at my appointment with the nurse on Wednesday, it would be good to meet up with some other new mums. Speaking of being talked to by strangers, DH and I were at the local shopping centre the other day (fountain gate Jessica) and DH was wearing Grace in the HAB, I think he got approached by every woman with a kid! Then we were at the supermarket and grace had gotten a bit grizzly so dh stepped outside, theis woman lined up behind me and saw dh outside with grace, she turned to me and said Ďpoor man, I hope his wife realizes that he is going to be approached by every woman in hereí I smiled and said poor guy! She obviousle hadnít realized he was with me! We had a good chuckle.

Hi Jo, welcome to the both of you. That was a fast labour! Hope breastfeeding gets easier and less painful for you.

Savina Ė Iím really sorry to hear about your poppy. Grace is a real cuddles girl which is why we got the hug a bub otherwise I wouldnít be able to do anything! The hab is FANTASTIC. Put Grace in and before you know it she is sound a sleep and I can get on with things as both my hands are free. Very comfortable too. We payed approx $113 from an online store (by a bb member). Very speedy delivery too.

Cass (ozziehoffy) Ė have you had some better nights? Did your friend have her baby? Iíve had the poo thing too but I was standing in the way. DH got it bad as he was in the way so got sprayed, then he moved and it kept coming so it got the wall and the carpet too! It was very funny.

Cass Ė Grace has had milk spots since just after birth, they are clearing up now and thereís only 4 left. Ooo, a holiday sounds nice.

Bec Ė I know what you mean about needing your DH. When DH is on night shift I am on my own from 4pm one day to approx 12noon 2 days later, I was very ready to have some time to myself when he got up after his 2nd night shift! Donít get me wrong, I love being with grace but someone else to hold her for 5 mins is a welcome break! I wish I had gone of chocolate, no such luck Ė I canít get enough.

Hi Caro, welcome to you both.

Wow, Sarah, canít believe Ariya is sleeping from midnight to 7am. You just need Xander to sleep until 7 too! Double wow for 4.6 kgs. Grace will be weighed on Wednesday, I just know she has packed the weight on too, She is also getting so long. She is almost grown out of her wondersuits and is up into the next size. She is going to be tall for sure. Grace has a choke during feeding as well, didnít even think that it could have been from the let down, thought it was just because she was being a little piggy!

We have finally worked out a bit of a routine. 3 hour feeding through the day, 30 minutes after her feed around 6pm we give her a bath (we had our first bath last night with no crying, it was much nicer), top her up which is usually just a 5 minute feed, cuddles, usually pop her into her cot around 8pm and then she sleeps until 2am. Last night she was fed at 5.45pm, followed that pattern and she slept until 3.30am, couldnít believe it. We had a big day though and she seriously didnít sleep for most of the day, she was SO tired by the night, as were mum and dad! She is just so curious that she wonít sleep, she has to look at everything! Needless to say though, not having fed for such a long time I was in agony this morning, felt like I had rocks on my chest. If this keeps up ( touch wood that it does) I will be expressing before going to bed as I cannot cope with those rocks again!! Hope everyone has a lovely easter. Sounds like a lot of you have the pleasure of your DHs being home all weekend so enjoy that. Iím the opposite, my DH is working all weekend!! Sorry for the long post, but you ladies can talk and it takes a while to catch up when you are offline for a couple of days! Take care ladies.

Rachel, I havent had any comments from people about feeding in public, but you see them give disgusted looks as they walk past and youve got a boob out. LOL about that ladys comment about your DH with Grace. How funny Oh yeah I hear you on the rock boobs. Yesterday, I fed from the same breast twice in a row, so a couple hours later the other breast was like a rock and just leaking everywhere. I expressed as I didnt want to waste it lol, but I didnt get much out - Lucky if it was 30ml! I never get much out when expressing - and a few minutes after I had finished Claire woke up, so I got DH to feed her the milk I had expressed. She drank it so quickly, the little piggy, then wanted more.

Sarah, yeah my car is fixable probably, but not all that worth it. The repair will cost about as much as I paid to buy the entire car! WOW that Ariya is having 7 hour sleeps at night. We get about 4 hours maximum. Good that she is putting on weight. Claires putting on weight. She is 3.5kg now and everyone says she is so tiny, but I look at her and think she is so much bigger than when she was born.

Cass blob, yes Claire has got some milk spots on her nose. I'm pretty sure she has had them from day one. They look as though theyre going away now though.

I am really tired this morning - long unsettled night last night. I got up at 2am to feed Claire, then she wouldnt settle so I just cuddled her. Next thing I know its 5:30am, so I must have fallen asleep with her... glad I didnt drop or squash her. We've had visitors all day, and I'm just so zonked! BUT silly me, i forgot about grocery shoppping during the week and now we have nothing in the house.. so I need to go shopping. blergh!

The maternal and child health nurse told me that when a breast fed baby is fed via a bottle they will usually drink more than usual as it is easier for them to get the milk so they don't need to suck as long to get the same amount, therefore they drink more as they are used to sucking for longer. This was mentioned because when Grace was fed via the bottle when she was 10 days old she took an extra 70mls which was an entire feed at that time. 20mls/kg is the amount they should have of EBM. The shops are disgusting here today, they are shut for 2 seperate days and people go bizzerk! Hope it isn't too bad where you are.

ROFL @ this whole poo spraying thing...HE DID IT AGAIN!! Then today when Grandma, Grandad and Great Grandma were here he did the pee fountain...lol...DH said it was to prove it worked. Mind you I think he was just sick of them taking his photo every 2 minutes...hehe.

Rachel, you wouldn't believe it...but my poor friend is still waiting on her arrival. She sent me a text around 3ish this arvo to let me know she was 5 cm and not long now...my heart just went out to her as she has been going for 2 days!! I haven't actually spoken to her but I'm thinking she may have stalled somewhere there for a while...will have to wait to find out the details. Oskar slept better last night but it's first thing in the morning when it really hits me..so I may need to try harder to make sure I try to have at least a rest in the afternoon if he's sleeping then..he doesn't always...he really likes to graze during the day and catnap...mind you I'd rather this in the day than at night so I'm not really complaining.

Oskar had his first bath with mummy last night...in the BIG bath. He absolutely LOVED it. He gets a bit whingy in the baby bath but I think he was in the bath with me for like 10 mins...kicking around and just letting me squeeze the water over him from his washer. It was such a lovely experience to be so close with him like that and his skin just felt so beautiful, like velvet.

Is there "usual" time frames where you're supposed to get bubs weighed etc?? Like every 2 weeks or month or whatever?? Is this normally just the nurse at the chemist??

Rachel, thats interesting about the EBM.. i didnt know that. The shops here were a bit crazy today. Its only a small shopping centre, but there were so many slow people in the supermarket. I was there for over an hour and I only got 3 bags of stuff. Good thing was that nappies were on sale so I now have plenty to keep us going.

Cass, eek about the poo spray! Claire doesnt do that luckily, but she does like to do a nice sloppy one when I take off her nappy. It usually ends up all over her back, the poor thing... but I cant help but laugh at her sometimes. I hope your friend doesnt have too much longer to go till she has her little bub. The bath sounds lovely - i might try that one time. DH usually bathes Claire and she screams the whole time.
    Ive been weighing her when I go to my mothers group (weekly), but only really because the scales are there... later on, i will probably weigh her every few weeks or every month maybe.

Savina - Sorry to hear about your Poppy, my condolences.

Cass- Nicholas gets milk spots too. He had 3 really big ones on his head, but they were only there for 1 day, and the next they were gone.

Rachel - Grace is sleeping beautifully! I can't wait for Nicholas to get into that kind of routine, she sounds like a very content little bubba.

Cass - WTG on the bath with Oskar. I haven't felt confident enough to take Nichilas in with me yet, I am still getting used to holding him in his baby bath! He is a slippery little sucker! He does usually like his bath, but not tonight, I think he was too hungry and couldn't relax. He is sleeping now though, so I finally have a bit of time to myself as the girls are at their Grandma's for the night, and I have sent Keyt out to get some dinner.

Nicholas is doing well, the b/f is better today, though I think I have thrush. I have had this radiating pain in both breasts after feeding for about a week now, and I just thought it must be normal, but then I noticed some white on the end of my nipples last night, so got some oral gel today. The chemist said this should be enough to treat both Nicholas and me so he doesn't give it back to me. He doesn't have any white in his mouth though, but ABA said there can sometimes be no signs. I bought a breast feeding pillow today and I am amazed at how much easier it is to feed with! It is called "My Brest Friend" and it wraps around your whole body so you get back support as well as somewhere to rest your arms and it supports bubs really well. I have found it much easier to get him attached as he is just the right height with it.

The Child Health Nurse came on Thursday. Nicholas has only put on 170g since we left hospital. The CHN said about 200g a week is about right, so he is a bit behind. She said not to worry though and we will weigh him again next Thursday. She said he probably kept losing weight when we first left hospital, and has probably only started to put on weight in the last week.

As for sleep, Nicholas is going up to 4 hours at night, so I am only getting up once a night, about 3am, or twice if I go to bed early. Sometimes he stirs in the night, but is not ready for a feed, so I just snuggle up to him in bed for about an hour and he goes back to sleep.

Glad to hear everyone else is going well, sorry if I have missed anyone.
    Last edited by JoMarie; April 7th, 2007 at 08:49 PM.

Oh Cass, i hope your friends baby comes soon, poor thing. yay on the bath together, i'm too scared as she gets so slippery.

Jo, we're very lucky with grace. she has been a good sleeper from about day 3, sleeps well at night and play in the day. I fear that as soon as i get comfortable and think we have it sorted she'll probably change it on me!glad the breastfeeding is working out. i've seen those pillows, glad it helps. my midwife said 140g is average weekly weight gain! either way i wouldn't worry, at least he is gaining weight.

Hoping to get to bed soon as i am so tired.

Hello, DH is back at work today so Ariya and I are finally having some alone time and getting ready for the Easter Bunny's visit, we are having an Easter egg hunt tomorrow so have to get up early to beat DS.

Well I knew it would happen, as soon as I posted about my wonderful sleeper - bang! Last night was shocking, I felt like a yoyo between DS with bad drems, drinks of water and the inevitable bed wetting (first time in ages) and then Ariya went to bed early last night so she was awake at midnight, 4am and 6am. Now she is still awake, bright eyed and bushy tailed looking for daddy no doubt. Actually she has jus nodded off, we have been trying to not use the sheilds today and she has been very unsettled, so hoping ptting her back on them will settle her for the night now.

We put down Ariya's first smile at 11 days and I know they aren't suppose to smile at that age but it was in reaction to daddy pulling funny faces and she did it over and over again, she also smiles when she hears DS's voice and when she see's mummy getting boobie ready, which is so cute.

Karina - I always expected comments and things when I BF DS but never got any but pleasant. Even had one dear old lady come up and tell me how good she thought it was that we were BF in public and not hiding away in those mother's rooms :-) These days it is a luxury to sit down and feed in private, we are always on the go, the only place feel funny feeding is Church, I always go outside. Hope your grocery shopping went well, ours was hilarious, first time DH has come shopping with the two kids - hehe he was exhausted at the end of it.

Rachel - My DH always gets the ladies coming up to him as well! Ariya lived in her HAB today, now it is getting a little cooler, the more I wear it the easier it is getting but is is a pain to wrap it all the time,so comfy though. Well done for getting into a routine already, I'm ashamed to say Ariya just has to go with the flow, sh does usually have her bath around the same time at about 6-7pm as Xanny has his bath after her.

Cass - love those baths! Haven't had time to chill out with Ariya yet, looking forward to when school goes back so we can hae some mummy daughter time. As for weighing we weighed DS every week for the first 4 wks and then every fortnight until 8 wks and then every month. We took DS to the child health nurse but this time round the hospital runs a clinic to weigh and check up on mum each week.

JoMarie - I love my breastfeeding pillow too! Wish I could take it everywhere. Hope the thrush clears up soon! Ariya lost a lot of weight in the first weeks too, has plonked it back on now. Keep in mind, each bubba is different and some don't gain stacks of weight bt just gain consistently which is more important.

better go finish easterpreparations still havre to do the bunny feet and the letter from the easter bunny

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi All
    Just got back from watching West Coast play Collingwood, I have membership so each fortnight me and the girls head to the footy and watch our boys play. I expressed two bottles for Kaiden tonight only needed one thank god because my boobs are ready to explode so waiting for him to wake up... should be soon, will wait by his basinette for him to wake hehehe..
    He is waking every 3 or 4 hrs sometimes 2 if he is upset tummy so i burp and he goes back down, some nights though he is wide awake and takes a little longer to change him.
    He is still vomiting but i think its because he gulps down the milk, so as Sarah suggested I now take a break (not to his liking) putting him on my shoulder and then put him back on the boob after a few minutes. I also have positioned him vertically so we will see if that works. I dont think he has reflux because he isnt distressed enough. I will talk to the nurse next week when i go to weigh him.

I am feeling better i have the Brauer Head COld spray which goes under my tongue, has been very good, although had a massive coughing attack today thought i was going to break a rib.. hehe

Cass.. hope your girlfriend has her baby soon.. i bet your excited.
    Karina: hope you find a new car soon or get yours fixed, it must be hard with a car to rely on. I find i have more men stop and talk to me than women, which is strange.
    CassnIzzy: K has milk spots and getting worse when i think they are getting better he gets more and now has them on his chin, neck and some on his chest, baby love book says its hormones and not from me so i dont feel so guilty for eating junk food somtimes.
    Bec: - Im with you on DH being home for 4 days, my DH has been working 6 days a week and its so nice to have him home for a few days over the Easter Break. and next weekend we have a wedding on down South in Yallingup so another 4 days break for him, YAY.. cant wait.
    JoMarie: I want to get the pillow and after hearing you and Sarah have it i think i will make the purchase now. I really need it, i have a rocking chair now and all i need now is a good pillow.

Better go.. I am so tired, going to sit with K until he wakes up.

Love Sonia.

happy easter everyone .....

we went to the breakfeast in the park for my poppy as this is wat he loved to do .. all went as good as can b apart from the wind....

sasha- my hemmoroids are almost gone today, thank goodness for that ,just increased the watyer, and fruit i had then so bad with ds 2 that i had to go to hosp to get them cut i was very worried about them getting that bad again . they were excruciating, not as bad this time round.

rachel- i just got a sling on line its a tomy one very nice near new in box still for $18.00 + 9.00 postage very happy i got it from ebay. just a bit of hold up though bcause of easter public holidays, so i will post the money order tomorrow if the post office is open, i hope so i am looking forward in getting it as it will be so helpfull even when i go out as i dont have a twin stroller so it will b a big help

bytw- taylen has really bad pimples on his face has anyone elses baby got this?????? if so wat do udo for it

happy easter all
    Savina

Wow what a huge day, hop everyone had a lovely easter with their bubs, we got a beautiful photo of Ariya in our easter basket, will pop them online when I can. Had a shocking night last night by the time we did the easter bunny preparations than Ariya woke up to play with Daddy when he came home, think we got to bed by 1am and DS was ready for his easter egg hunt at 5am, Ari woke for a feed at 3am which went on forever!!!! She has been feedig for a long time the last two days, wondering if she is trying to boost supply or just wants comfort, getting frustrating so have to keep reminding myself to relax and enjoy our time together.

Sonia - hope the vomiting improves, Ariya doesn't like it when she has to come off either but it's better than if she stays on :-)

Savina - enjoy your sling, they are lifesavers! Ariya gets a red pimply rash when she comes in contact with some fabric but they go away after a few hours

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678