Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #4

hehe - i had an extra 45mins sleep till 9.15 just now. i dont feel so bad that im not the only one sneaking morning naps!

shell - have you tried brauer's colic. the midwife said it's more natural so it helps, she told me use that if infacol didnt work. i dunno if it will work for every bub tho.
    we ahve our mothers' group on the 29th. it will be fun! i met a couple of mothers when ive been up at the chemist. i felt a bit down cos they were both as skinny as and had flat tummies. im going to get some new tops for exercise class cos my old ones no longer fit.

sj - have fun!! how exciting! hope you find a better Ob next time.. xoxo

oh shell - Poopy does that too, falls asleep drinking bottle or breast. sometimes he doesnt wake up till the next feed, even during the day.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz often gets milk drunk but she doesn't always fall into a full sleep. She usually will fall asleep for about 15mins and then wake up and want more milk.

I bath Jazz every second day and try to do it after 7:30pm coz I find that she settles better usually. I always give her a massage with moisturising cream afterwards as well. Yesterday I put her on her tummy to massage her back and she was lifting herself up. She's getting quite good neck control.
    When I was at the doctors yesterday, the doc was surprised how good her neck control is for only 5 and a half weeks.

Question for you all - when breastfeeding, does your baby always get milk drunk? or only some of the time? DJ can sometimes get milk drunk and goes straight to sleep whereas other times he just sits there content with his hiccups.[/QUOTE]

Hehe. Only sometimes. I love when he falls asleep after a decent feed. Other times he will be awake for ages with the hiccups...it's so cute! I also love when he comes off he smacks his lips like yum that was so good!!!

Prama I know how you feel about body image. I've been a bit down about it. Especially cos pre pg clothes are not fitting and pg clothes look big and stupid. Trouble is I'm too cheap to go and buy more clothes. Also thanks for looking up about exercise classes in my area. East Malvern is not very close to me at all tho. My brother was telling me about one of the instructors from his gym who runs mums and bubs exercise classes. Will suss it out. I feel like a pudding

Flynn has been wanting a lot more food lately which is kinda annoying. I think we are all done and he is asleep and maybe 45min later he will be squawking and the only thing that settles him is a feed. So tiring.

I usually do the morning feed in bed and we usually both fall asleep which is wonderful!

We're off for our 4 week check with the MCHN, will be interesting to see how much he has grown this week. He feels a lot heavier to me.

We're not rolling over here, but he struggles and tries an awful lot to roll over whenever I put him on his tummy. Flynn has just started noticing the danglies that we put in front of him.

My DH got me a new car for my birthday. It's a station wagon, I'm so excited! It means I don't have to pull the wheels off the pram and I'll still have room for other stuff too!!! The things I get excited about!

Ok ladies have a wonderful day with all your bubs

Yeah DJ doesn't fall straight to sleep after a feed, and so he isn't always getting that milk drunk type effect, so I was wondering if I was doing the right thing....... I love it too when he has the hiccups, I always know he will soon sleep after they have passed.

When I burp him now, he holds his head and body straight up so it is easier to burp him. He is a strong little boy and will be 5 weeks old on Thursday. I just can't believe how quickly the time goes.

I tried the wheat bag under his belly this morning and it helped a bit still grizzles though, but much better than what it was so i will keep that up.

Prama - yeah I have heard about that stuff just haven't tried it. Might give it a go.

I am enjoying motherhood much more now, I am not as nervous or stressed. I feel more at ease and getting to know what he likes and dislikes. I love being a mum. I love his little smiles and how he knows that I am in the room or looks for me when he hears my voice. It is soooo rewarding.

Have a great day girls.

Shell xxxx

Poopy has turned over a few times on his change mat, i mean rolled but not onto his tummy cos his change mat isnt wide enough.
    he hasnt turned over on his playmat either, prob cos his bbh is heavy.. when i put him on his tummy he looks like superman cos his legs stick up cos his of his nappy. lol.

shell - i kno whwat you mean. having a routine and understanding them a bit more makes it so wonderful. i love it too, when they start looking as soon as you enter the room and hear your voice. when steve and i stand together and talk to him, he looks left and right!
    are you going for vanessa's thing on thursday? i think i will

Just replied to her email saying happy to help out..... It is great she has got such media interest

catherine - no worries, hope you get a ttrainer. i feel like a pudding too.
    flynn's so cute.. smacking his lips

shell - hope to see you there!

Shell, it's so hard knowing what to try with wind, the nurse at the clinic said not to try all of the herbal type ones just try one and if that doesn't work look at something different otherwise you spend heaps of money on things that are similar but when you are desperate you'll try anything. Does DJ guzzle his milk? when summer guzzles she gets pretty bad wind.
    Summer only sometimes gets milk drunk sometimes she is wide awake after a feed, sometimes she falls asleep and sometimes she looks like she is drunk. Is very cute.

Prama Codie usually plays midfield or back defending the goal (she hates being up the back) there were two injuries on Sunday one girl got a really bad cork on her thigh then codie got kicked right at the front of her ankle just under her chin pads she couldn't walk and was crying her little eyes out but she came good and got out there again (she milked it for all it's worth all day though) so the girls are right into it and quite fierce. LOL on the marathon poo a load of washing in one go hehehe

Summer smiles every time i look at her at the moment she seems so happy and she is making such cute noises. DH loves sticking his tongue out at her and watching her stick hers out at him i showed him yesterday and saw him playing a game with her.

I went to the gym this morning and put Summer in the creche, Codie and Tahnie went too and Codie was little mother hen looking after Summer. Did a spin/rpm class i went pretty well thought it would be alot harder i worked really hard and was bright red after but had a headache all day....

I can't believe Summer is on her way to 7 weeks time has just flown by i can't remember what it was like without her. She is such a little Princess and loved so much by her sisters.

RE: milk drunk, Will never is! or he'll drift off to sleep but as soon as I move he wakes up and starts grumbling. He's a grumpy little man!

He's got great neck strength - he holds his head completely up all the time. Especially when I'm trying to settle him on my shoulder.

I haven't got any smiles yet I'm desperate for one.

I feel so flabby and gross I am still in my maternity clothes because I'm too fat for any of my pre-pg clothes still. YEsterday was my return to exercise - i went for a big walk. Slow and steady I think - I found the other day I almost fainted when i went for a walk - does anyone else get like that?

Kitty We went for a walk today and I found that on the way home I was getting a bit dizzy. I was really hungry and thirsty tho, that's what I'm putting it down to. Well done with getting out for a walk tho. I don't know if it was someone in this thread or not but they said it takes 9 months to go up so it won't go down 'overnight'. That is helpful to remember. We are getting smiles but they are not recognition smiles. Can't wait for one of those.

Saw the MCHN today and she was she was so encouraging. Flynn has gained 316g in a week, the little piggy! She put him on his belly and he held his head and shoulders up and she said he was like an 8 week old, go to the top of the 4 week old class!!! Made me so proud and she said I am a good mummy! Made me feel very good

all girls Well done on doing a spin class. Even the thought of sitting on a bike hurts!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Anyone else have bubs with cradle cap? Any tips to treat it?

Could someone please come and settle my bub. he's been screaming for an hour

trina - well done going to the gym! the creches here only take bubs from 3mths. Codie soundlike a great player. it's so good to see girls playing soccer!
    hehe.. sumz so cute sticking out the tongue, lakshman likes it too. he likes his nose kissed.

kitty - lakshman used to do random smiles, it's more recent, in last few weeks that he's done personal smiles.
    dont feel bad kitty.. it's hard not being able to fit into the old clothes and preggy clothes dont fit so well, and it's not worth spending money to buy new ones. im just using a few that isnt so bad, tho my tummy looks big. lucky im at home a lot so i dont have to use different clothes.

catherine - i think i posted 9up and 9 down, someone else posted that a while ago. it's what trina and sussanah said...

time for din din.. im starved

kitty - they told us settling class, to hold bub really close and tight, no rocking or talking or eye contact. when he's quiet, put him to bed. if it happens again repeat.. it worked a few times for us, not all time. maybe it will help, if you havent tried this already...
    Last edited by prama; April 15th, 2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: kitty

Kitty, i feel pretty gross and flabby too some days are definately worse than others. I caved and bought a few new things to wear but they are not fitting very well already i haven't lost weight but shape has changed and the pants fall down so annoying. I feel very thick around the middle. And i was walking when summer was 4 weeks and it felt fine until that night and i was so tired and pretty achey make sure you eat and drink enough before you walk maybe??

Catherinemoses yep the seat was more painful than the actual workout!! Don't remember it being that bad before.

Prama the creche takes them from 6 weeks at my gym i have been going there for a couple of years so i know the ladies in the creche which makes it easier to leave her there.

Danni try some olive oil on her head and leave all day massage it in a little and it should lift the cradle cap. I wash Summer's hair every night (she's a sweaty head) and so put some moisturiser on her head so it doesn't dry out too much. She is a little baldy just a bit of bum fluff on top..

I think i might go to bed night night ladies xoxx

Hi Ladies....just intruding to say hello and congrats. Found this site thanks to Shell and have sort of been lurking since you all gave birth in March!

Noticed that many of you have gassy babies and thought that I might be able to offer some advice, not sure if it has already been offered, but here goes....

Next time bubby is obviously uncomfortable with gas and has a tight tummy, lay baby naked on their back and bend their knees right up in front of their tummy and rock their hips from side to side (almost like a snow skier doing mogules would)...

My DD (who is now 6) suffered from terrible gas and Infacol only worked some of the time, but she got great relief through tummy manipulation....

By rocking bubby the small pockets of gas can come together and be passed more easily as one BIG fart! You will know if it works for your baby as their tummy will go softer after about 15 minutes of doing these excercises...

Shell - Porsha got milk drunk all the time. She was a hungry little piggy but would fall asleep after one breast on many occasions. Try playing with DJ's feet and hands while he drinks to keep him awake and occasionally click your tounge at random intervals to keep him alert!

Anyhoo, hope that you ladies do not mind me popping in like this! I have 12 wks to go and feel like a whale!

Prama - yeah I will be there. Doni is driving me down there since I can't drive for another week. It isn't the driving that bothers me it is the heavy lifting of the pram, trying to hold that off until the 6 weeks are up. Maybe we can grab a coffee afterwards???

Trina - well done on getting to gym, you would have felt great afterwards. I still haven't done any exercise, I wanted to go for a walk but haven't managed to get out. I will try to get out tomorrow.

Kitty - don't worry we all feel the same way. I hate my spongey belly. I just want my flat belly back again. I want my butt and thighs back as well. My body was starting to look better in week 2 then went back again...... It doesn't help that breastfeeding makes me very hungry as well, can't stop eating......

Danni - DJ gets cradle crap as well but I just use some sorbelene creme. He gets a bit of dry skin. His baby acne is starting to clear up a bit finally.

Thanks for the tip naomi. Always love more people to chat to.

Paddy was screaming the house down till midnite last night. I just think he got overtired. We had a bath at 10.30 to try and help settle him. It was amazing how the rest of the house slept through it. Noone wanted cuddles then! The bonus was he slept till 5.30 then went back to sleep (in my bed) and slept till 8.

Going for the 6 week check with dr tomorrow. I can't believe he's only been here for that long!

BBH users, do you find the hemp nappies get wet really quick? I just use the small booster so I'm thinking I'll have to add more. My fav nappies atm are itti bitti d'lish. Sooo absorbent and too cute. I'll post some pics soon as I can get on my other computer. Teenagers have taken over!

KITTY - try double patting (like a heart beat) and shush shushng (in time with the tap) it is what they use to hear inside us!

Cradle cap - when bathing use a rough facewasher and give it a bit of a scrub (sft spots too, just bee careful) and use a hair brush day and night, brush against the hair and then back again then use the oil.

TEACH - i hate the hemp BBH i am glad i only have one!

Saw the GP yesterday about MollyJanes hips, she checked her really well, although she could not hear a click her creases and folds are so grossly different she is concerned - so we have a referal to a Paed

booby call BBL

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast