Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #4

Ah yes i am on firefox... Thought i had lost my marbles hehe

Summer is in 00 already my baby is growing way too quick.. She is going to be crawling in no time, speaking of that my house is so not baby safe.... we have a rolling tv cab on timber floors and lots of other things like little dolls and bits of toys ahhh that is going to be fun!!

Hey girls,

Sorry finally got a chance to hop online..... Yeah Prama watched it last night as well haha on the gas bagging that we were, I am hopeless I need to shut up sometimes...

I got my hair done this morning - feel soooo much better, nice colour and cut. Getting a facial and body scrub done on Saturday so will feel like a new woman again Just want to go through all of my clothes tomorrow to see what I will keep or throw out. Alot of my clothes have had it (worn out looking) so I need to sort through them all. I want to buy a few basic items as well. I tried a few things on today and my belly/love handles just get in the way from me looking good in something haha oh well just a goal to get rid of them when I exercise haha

Trina - that will be hard going back to work, but I know what you mean about the whole independence thing. I just checked my maternity leave savings and I am still on track, providing my husband doesn't touch it on me..... At least it will only be half days and when you are at work you will have something super special to look forward to - lots of big cuddles

Lisa - wow Jake is a growing boy, we are yet to get DJ weighed again, since he was last weighed at 4 weeks, and he is now 6 weeks today. Hoping to go to baby clinic on Monday or at least go to a local chemist. Isn't it great when you see them growing out of particular sizes, mind you we won't be so happy when they get older haha and costing us a small fortune hehe

SJ - we don't wrap DJ either, only sometimes, he prefers not to be wrapped actually and sleeps better without it.... as for the wind DJ still has wind badly but it comes and goes, has good and bad days. I was told 10/12 weeks he would cope better with it as well, so roll on 10/12 weeks haha and yes what a lady with Molly Jane kehehehe

Robbo - wow what a growth spurt from little Ari - they grow very quickly don't they?

Sorry I can't finish personals gotta finish washing nappies before Doni's cousin arrives.

Shell xxxx

shell - poopy's wind just about gone now..
    well done on getting pampered! looking fwd to seeing it on monday! you're a yummy mummy! hehe

sorry but i have to gloat a little as a new mum. i was out today and it was raining, so i was waiting in front of some shops as i couldnt get to my car. i was holding Poopy and twice, ladies came up to me and said he's very handsome.. of cos, he had to give them smiles! cheeky bugger. sorry. im just a proud mum who loves her itty bitty bubba!

about to run out the door to MIL's for din din.

Prama - he is very handsome, such a cutie and the most amazing eyes and lashes. He so looks different to his pics. He is such a cutie.

I am uploading new pics shortly of DJ kehehe

Just uploaded new signature pic of DJ

ooh shell - that's such a gorgeous pix... he's soooooo cute!! he looks like a doll! taken at the right time too! He looks like he's saying something.
    is DH back home? You did really well to manage on your own. I'm glad it's a long weekend. Lakshman is having shorter naps during the day, so I dont get a chance to have an afternoon nap. he sleeps for an hr at most, so by the time he goes to sleep and i get stuff done, he's awake again. At least when DH home, i can have a nap and not worry about Lakshman.

I think we'll give teh dawn service a miss this year. with the weather the way it is, and Poopy still so young, dont want to be out in the cold and rain.

Thanks Prama I uploaded a few pics in my gallery as well. Finally got around to it.
    Yeah DH is back home YAY it has been great having him home. He didn't sleep well while away so used to hearing DJ or cuddling up to me. I am sooo glad it is the long weekend too another day with DH at home. Plan to go through all of my old clothes tomorrow - that is my plan too Prama leave DJ to DH kehehe

Yeah it is soooo damn miserable, supposed to fine up for Saturday and Sunday though

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I think I know what was wrong with Jazz yesterday. I found what looks like 2 small puncture marks on her hand, like a bite. I wonder if she was bitten by a spider. She was ok today, appitite was back to normal, still a bit clingy but better than yesterday. Apart from while we were in the car for about 15mins she didn't sleep during the day which seems to be her routine now, no more afternoon nap. Tonight she fell asleep at the normal time, about 9:30pm after a bath and a feed.

Also, you may remember me saying that one of our cats went missing last Wednesday. We got a call from the RSPCA yesterday afternoon, she was brought in by a cat lover, unfortunately she was not alive as she was hit by a car. We are quite sad but at least we know and will not be wondering anymore. I'm so thankful that the guy was thoughtful enough to take her to the RSPCA to have her microchip scanned even though she was dead, most people wouldn't have bothered I don't think.

Gorgeous pics shell what a little cutie. I know what you mean about the belly getting in the way, thank goodness it is cooler so i can hide it with layers

Prama gloat away, it's nice when people say things like that.

Danni sorry about your cat, what a nice man to take her to the rspca, not many people would do that. Did you take Jazz to the Dr? not good... I saw a thread a while ago where a little one was a little yellow around the mouth and it ended up being red back bites there was actually one in his ear it was dead but still... How scary would that be??? Not saying that has happened to Jazz.... I would get her checked out if you think it was a bite of some sort.

Summer is still getting wind too, if i miss using the Donnalix then she really suffers, if i give it to her before bed at night then her night feed she is right but if i miss it she grunts and squirms for hours in the morning. Poor little things. She is fascinated when she moves her arms around and they hit her gym toys she thinks she is pretty clever, the kids & DH love making her smile too. I have had to go through her clothes as there are quite a few things she has outgrown now.

so sick of this rain we are trapped inside for another day..

Morning girls,

Ah yes another rainy day - how miserable. I was hoping to head up to shops later but realised they aren't even opened til 1pm doh!!! Lucky I didn't head out now haha My mum told me. Going to a baby shower tomorrow so need wrapping paper and card, got heaps of nice bits of things for my friend. I am going to leave DJ with Doni to give me the afternoon off, but part of me wants to take him with me so not sure now....hahaha I think I will just miss him if I don't take him along. See how I go tomorrow....

Trina - awww thanks for your comments re: DJ's pics. Yeah I can't go without the Donnalix either, roll on weeks 10-12 when the wind eases down for them. Awww that is soooo sweet, i love seeing DJ smile, especially when you are soooo tired from breastfeeding early hours of the morning then you change their nappy and receive the biggest smile, it makes you feel better and less tired DJ absolutely loves getting his nappy change he has started making googly noises now it is sooo cute.

Danni - hope Jazz is ok, keep us updated.

Ok girls, hope you have a great day

Shell xxxx

Dani - hope Jazz is ok, better to get her checked out. Sorry about your cat.. the guy was nice enough to take her to the vet.

it hasnt been raining here, just over cast. hope it stays that way, we're having a bbq here tomorrow.

shell, hehe i can imagine all the girls at the baby shower fussing over DJ! but you can relax and enjoy some free time

Shell great pic... sooo cute!

Trina, sorry that you are having to go back to work, i have been lucky as i will be on half pay til the end of the year, so havent had to pester DH for money, when thats over though i think i will have to be back at work, dont like being dependent... Will you be able to WFH if u get a new place? i rememebr you talking about it a before you left last year, that would be the best of both worlds wouldnt it?

Weather has been great here, no rain for the last 2 weeks though and the garden is suffering... maybe tonight. 25 today, has been great for the washing and going for walks thou.

Saw you Prama and Shell on the ACA thing, you both look fantastic and great close ups of Lakshman very cute.

We were going to go to the dawn service, i was up at 430 for a feed, but was so buggered i had to go back to bed - next year i think.

Well i am sticking with the wrapping, MJ has slept between 7-8 hours (8.30ish to 4am ish) the last few nights since going back to wrapping her.

no nappy is mollys fav time, this morning we had her on the bed naked on a waterproof sheet kicking and playng, she loved it!

Danni sorry to hear bout ur cat, at least you are not worring any more... we lost our old dog 6 years ago and we still wonder whether she was killed or if someone kept her, she wasnt chipped unfortunatly...

CMH appoint last wednesday, she is now 5kg, 58cm long. pead appoint on monday to check her hips, will let you all know how she is doing.
    wow trina size 00, mj is still in 000's and someimes i squeeze her into 0000 bodysuits if she has chucked too much in the day!

have a great day

have a great day l

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz is back to normal now, she was fine yesterday too, it was just Wednesday that she was out of sorts.

She's smiling so much now and tries to laugh but hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. She often whinges for no reason other than just wanting attention. Gotta go now, I've been informed that she's hungry or something.

Hi everyone,

I didn't know that this forum existed, what a great idea to have a forum where everyone is in the same boat!

My little man was born on the 14th of March and I'm finding it so hard to believe that he is 6 weeks old already!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone, its nice to know that there are people who I can talk to who know where I'm coming from! Have a good weekend everyone!

*Paula*

Welcome tubby_mummy, yep its great having such support from people in the same boat. It can move pretty fast in here at times we can babble on at times. Doesn't the time go quickly?

My kids are driving me mad, so so noisy and just stir crazy from being cooped up. It has rained every single day of the school hols... God i hope it's fine tomorrow... Our tanks are overflowing and one of them is outside our bedroom and you can hear it dripping all night through the walls thank goodness I'm not still preggo, imagine that dripping at the end.

So bored i might have to go to bed

have wanted to use these smilies

welcome Paula!!
    Yup, this thread moves really fast. we just talk and talk and talk!

trina - PMSL at your dripping water comment!

hehe, i had a look at the new emoticons and wanted to use them but never had the right post. good on you for just doing it.

im having a whinge.. i know ppl have come up and say Lakshman is cute, but they also keep saying he's so tiny for his age. I'm so tired of that.. It makes me feel like a bad mum, like im not feeding him enough or he's got my small genes. He's putting all the right weight and all, just that he's at the bottom of his %. He's in between his 0000 and 000. i just feel bad when ppl keep commenting he's so tiny.

Definitely decided to leave DJ with daddy tomorrow because we had his parents and grandparents over and everyone held him and now we are having problems with getting him to sleep - a bit over-stimulated grrrrrr so I definitely will be leaving him at home tomorrow because I don't want everyone holding him and then have to deal with trying to settle him when I get home. We are going out for lunch with friends on Sunday as well so I don't want too many big days in a row either....

Prama - don't worry about them, I think he is such a cutie. You are doing all the right things hun, don't forget he was 2 weeks early actually was it 3 weeks??

SJ - thanks sweetie, and on the wrapping, I started to rewrap him last night and he slept a bit longer as well so I think I will do that again tonight. Actually he is a bit unsettled so might do that now

Paula - welcome!!! My baby DJ was born on 13 March

Trina - I bet you can't wait for school holidays to be over so it isn't too full on for you..

Well, heading to bed now. Getting a facial and full body scrub done in the morning and can't wait!!! Also finally getting my eyebrows waxed.

Actually while I remember, those with c-sections, how long before we can get brazilian waxing done?

Shell xxxx

Shell love Dj's pic soo cute

Welcome Paula. Don't worry about trying to keep up with this thread. These girls looove to talk

Went to mothers group on Thurs. They all seem pretty friendly. Paddy had his check up with CHN while we where there, He's 6.26kg 61.5cm long 41cm hc. Definately grown out of 000 and some of the smaller 00 are a bit of a squeeze when in cloth .

Prama people love to point how your baby is different. Whether they're big, small, lots of hair, etc. I have the opposite to you, everyone says ooh he's a big boy. Next time they say he's small for his age I'd just smile and say yes isn't he just beautiful! They all catch up in the end.

I found out something interesting at mothers group. Did you know that the cartlige of bub's ears doesn't harden till 12 weeks so if they stick out or are a funny shape you can use tape and mould them. Much easier than an operation years later.

Well I'm hoping for another big sleep like last night. Paddy slept from 9pm-330 - a record for us. Fingers crossed (Had to use this one)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast