Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008

im buggered, Molly Jane is still sleeping well, we are putting her down b/w 8-9pm and she wakes for a feed at 1am then 5am and then stirs at 7.30 when we get up... its quite good as i know what is happening... just starting to get tired as i am not resting in the day (up until now have not had any need to)

anyway i am dreading the next few days, today is packing to go away, we have to take everything, bedding and all then tonight we are at a joint hens/bucks... tomorrow we leave at 10am ish. it will be nice to get away, but i am worried that i wont get enough sleep... we are going to sleep in a different area so Molly doesnt wake everyone when she feeds, but that means that we have to wait for everyone else to go to bed. will try for a nap today, but have to pick DSS up with Mum from school at 2.30 and then get him packed.

Prama - i know this is going to sound silly, but are you drinking enough water? yesterday i had no where near as much as i normally do (i drink b/w 3-4L/day of plain water) and found that my supply decreased... im sure that you are but thought i might add it.

Trina, i cant wait for those cute things like bonnet parades! I dont understand why soe mothers do all the work, its about the kids and them creating something to be proud of and have a sense of achievement, i would care what it looked like as long as my kid had a go, some people just have no idea what is best for thier kids and are too competitive grhhhhh.

Jade - hows Ryan sleeping now? are you feeling OK?

Lisa great news

Bron - yeah we are missing you, hope you are ok

JO - not sure i you are interested, but there is an Easter Egg factory in Bonds Rd Mordialloc, i found it driving down Lower Dandy Rd, sign posted really well. Quite a few bargins to be had if you like Willow brand choc... Oh and there are massive Cadbury trays for $7.95 too!!!

I hope we havent made the other girls that have just had their babies feel left out with our chatter...

Have a great day, im sure i will be back later to catch up on goss

Nothing like a good sleep to make you feel better... Summer slept from 9pm to 2.30 then another 3 hours after that feed so i feel so much better have even cleaned the house done nearly all the washing and folding and that always feels good having those crappy jobs done.

I really feel for you prama, it can be so confusing the whole bf thing at the mothers group the LC there was saying that you shouldn't feed them for longer than 20 mins each side so much conflicting advice, have you spoken with Barb Glare here on BB? Just a thought.... Try not to stress too much ( i know easily said) you are trying so hard...

Good work lisa

My DH is on his way home YAY!!! I am so glad he is coming home now and again much better than the whole 6 weeks away. He wants us to go away for the weekend a bit too late i think but we will see if there is anything about.

Have fun packing SJ don't forget to pack the kitchen sink hehehe you need so much crap with kids when you go away.

Prama I found it hard to express more than 20ml with my first. Even when I expressed last week because I was too full I only got 50mL and as my mother says I'm a milking machine . I'm using the same bpump as you except it's the manual one.

Trina I can't believe you would contemplate going away . I would tell DH that he is welcome to take the girls so you can have a rest. It sounds like you deserve one. Luckily my two are old enough to get themselves to and from the bus stop most days. They've been very good with Patrick. The other night my DS had bball training and when we got in the car Patrick was a bit unsettled so he sat in the back and talked to him until he went to sleep ... so cute.

Danni men can definately get PND. I read an article in either Practical parenting or M&B. The difficult thing about depression is that you can't pull anyone else out of it. I found with a new bub it was important to give DH things to do with the baby rather than doing it all yourself. Let's face it they're so darn cute that sometimes you just want to cuddle them all day. My DH was particularly useful at the witching hour (don't worry you'll soon find out what this is) bubs would settle for him and gave them some cuddle time.

I'm finding Patrick has lots of cluster feeds atm. I think it is the 2wk growth spurt. I will have to weigh and measure him because he just seems to have stretched, size 000 are starting to get a little tight.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I had the best quality of sleep between feeding last night. From memory I fed Jazz at 10:30 before going to bed, then again at about 2am, then again at about 6:30am but I slept so well between. Felt quite refreshed this morning. A friend came round this morning to help with some housework. Floors are clean, dishes done, I did a small whip around clean also.

Got all the centrelink crap sorted, phoned them to discuss the bank details and income stuff so now I just have to take the form in and wait for the money to come in. That's one thing off my mind now.

Matt went to the doctor and was given some tablets. I told him to take them because I want the man I fell in love with back as I haven't seen him for basically our whole marriage. He has good days and bad ones, but he's basically depressed in some way majority of the time and has been for about the past 3 years!

thanks so much girls - i feel like a constant whinger/pain.. that its me me me.

SJ - i have water w me, when feed/express, my mouth gets so dry. hehe, even before being pg, any nipple stimulation would make thirsty.
    have fun away. ithink you're very brave, im still ***** scared to be out longer than a feed time. even with a bottle of EBM, when feeding time comes my bbs get full and im so uncomfy and i dont want to be expressing outdoors!
    Molly's first trip! yaay.
    I'm so glad you got a little girl. i remember you saying how much you wanted a girl cos you have DSS already.. xoxox
    hope you get some rest while away. it's good there's ppl look after molly jane. pity men cant bf, life would be easier..
    I need to ask again, the complaint letter regarding the MW you mentioned a couple fo ppl i should address to. it was the liason office and someone else.. sorry i forgot....

Trina - thanks hun.. BArb did advise me when i posted on the bf thread. that started all those women going on if that was bf vs ff when all i wanted is some advise. i dont want to go there again! geez!! lol.
    glad summer is sleeping well! makes a big difference doesnt it?
    lakshman had his good nite yesterday, slept from 11.30 to abt 4.30. fell asleep at 6.30, then woke up at 9, when i woke up too but i kept waking cos his nose is still blocked and he cries in his sleep. I got some better nose drops today.

Teach - thanks..i was always under the impression that you could express almost as much as you feed...
    Lakshman cluster feeds sometimes in the evening.. he's so unpredicable. He's approaching 6 weeks so it's going to be massive feeds!!

Danni - so glad to hear DH went to see someone and is on the start to getting better! Hope it all goes well and you get your old DH back. It's hard xoxoxoxox

I went to get Lakshman weighed and measured. He's put on 550g in 17days, so that's average and he's grown 2cm in a mth. I'm so happy that my baby's average! LOL. I know I;m doing something right!
    I met a mother waiting there and her bub's 12 weeks. she said after 6weeks her son started to refuse her breast even tho she was feeding him every 2 hrs. she finally had to switch to formula and he was happy with it. I dont feel so bad hearing other mothers switching to formula.

Tomorrow I turn 35!! Arrrggg. Steve asked if I wanted to go out for dinner and my mum can look after bub. I said all i want for my bday is 8 hrs sleep. I'm so low maintenance, my needs are so basic!! LOL

Prama isn't it funny how your bday isn't as important anymore . I found that going regularly to the clinic and sitting with other mums and hearing that they had the same problems I did helped my a great deal. Are you going to a mothers group yet?

Thanks Teach! yup, my b'day doesnt seem important anymore. Tho im looking forward to a handmade bday card from him.. i'll have to wait a few more years!
    our mothers' group is going to start after easter.. looking forward to it.. just doesnt make you feel alone!

Wow SJ, how do you manage to get your bub's to sleep that long before their feeds..... I have been putting DJ down at around 11pm and then he wakes again around 2:30am for his next feed. Lately his feeds are every 2-3 hours, all depends on how much he sleeps. Have fun at the joint hens/bucks party.

Trina - you also need to share your secret... I would love for DJ to go to sleep at 9pm and not wake up until 2:30pm. I might give it a go tonight and see what happens.

Teachmum - wow little Patrick is doing really well, and even growing out of his 000 outfits..... DJ doesn't quite fit into his 000 outfits, but I tell you what the appetite this boy has it won't be too long before he is in them haha

Danni - sounds like you and I have a similar feeding pattern..... I hope the meds help Matt and he doesn't feel so depressed Big hugs!!!!

Prama - happy birthday for tomorrow, and what a great idea for an outing. I am sure your mum would be more than happy to look after him while you have some couple time with Steve, and yeah 8 hours sleep sounds lovely. Maybe just express lots keheheee or some formula on standby Yeah don't worry about the whole formula thing. We have a can on standby as well, and we made DJ a feed this morning because he had heaps earlier and I was sooo tired, so just made up a small feed of formula. Don't feel guilty You are doing such a great job, just look at that wonderful weight result

I have had a pretty good day, DJ has been a bit grizzly but I have figured out his ploy, he just wants lots of cuddles. He loves me cuddling him to sleep, or just holding him. Looks like I will have a mummy's boy on my hands We have my mum and brother moving in tomorrow so going to be a chaotic 4 weeks at our place. My brother is hoping to only stay for 2 weeks, hubby not to keen on the idea, but fine with my mum staying with us. I can't exactly say to my brother no you can't move in.....

Anyway girls I better go and cook dinner.

Chat soon
    Shell xxx

Wow Trina, little Jake only just fits into his 0000 there is no way he fits 000 yet , though he is growing!!!

Prama - happy birthday!!!! As for the expressing, I make a good milk cow as I can express over 150mls per breast most times if I am paitent enough . Jake is having trouble keeping up with supply!!! I don't know the trick I just stick the pump on and the milk comes out...

Jake goes to bed at 8/9pm sleeps till 12:30/1pm has a feed, sleeps till 4:30/5pm has another feed and a change and then sleeps till 8am. I nap once during the day when he sleeps.

For those expressing how often do you do it? I express 3 times maybe a day emptying the breast and once at night to make myself comfortable.

Thanks Shell and Lisa - first birthday as a mum!
    Steve made me alovely cheese on toast with lots of stuff for brekkie.
    I got to hand lakshman straight to steve after his 8am feed as mum was busy in the kitchen. and i went straight back to sleep for another hr! It's nice having 2 people who can help. But mum goes back next weekend so Im going to be by myself during the day.

Lisa - you're amazing.. 150ml! when i was in hossy and expressing, a lady next to me was expressing and she filled up her bottle really quick. And I had boob envy, lol!!
    I express once or twice a day. Cos his feed takes more than an hr, i have to do other stuff. i know that's not enough. I'm trying to do a min of 2 a day. It's hard cos sometimes as soon as i starts, he gets grizzly and i have to stop. i express during the 4am feed while Steve gives him EBM. it makes the feed quicker. i express 20 mins aside.

shell - i might have an easy day today, at home. we went out to macquarie centre to get lakshman's medicare card sorted. it was very tiring with the pram, cos the centre isnt designed very well and you have to walk in circles and there are only 2 lifts. all the things you take for granted using the escalator. next time im going to try w our hug a bub.
    we got to use the parents room as well. shopping is hard work now. lol!

Happy Birthday Prama

I hope you have a great day

Thanks Trina!!! im here at 35, expressing... i feel like an old cow!! LOL

Prama - i hope u are having a great day

Hope you and your lil man are both well

Nikki xoxox

(i tried to send u a pm but your inbox in full lol)

Happy Birthday Prama!!

Ryan is sleeping better now that the heat wave is over but i'm still so exhausted because during the day i can't put him down for more then 5 minutes. i basically have him in my arms for the entire day, i'm even having to ignore the other boys heaps because of it. on days that i've eaten it's generally only been 1 meal and usually because DH has gone out and bought it, though i have been drinking lots which is good.
    Basically atm my life consists of making the older guys food, getting myself a drink, a little sleep and the rest of the time i'm sitting somewhere with Ryan in my arms.
    I dont really mind that much that i've got him attached to me so much.. so long as he's happy. i just wish i had DH home to deal with the other kids and get me food/drink when i need it.

Yesterday we bought a double pram & car seat for shane. also had a look at beds for us. i found one i really really like but DH wont let me get it because its about $4000 for the whole thing (it includes 2 bedsides and a dresser too) i see no problem moneywise, we'd pay half cash and the rest on credit, but he says no.. i'm a bit disappointed.

i keep trying to post every day but always get distracted and never get to click "submit reply" anyways, my arm's getting sore from reaching over with 1 hand to type...
    will try and post again later

I have to ask why are you girls expressing so much?

The only time I did with Miss 3 was if I knew I was going to be away for a feed or a night and I've not done it at all for Madison. Should I be? Is it to increase your supply? I think Madison is getting enough because I can see the milk leaking out of her mouth lol, and she's putting on weight and sleeping fine and is alert when awake, not a lot of fussing. Also she's feeding heaps, about every two hours, Piper was the same. Over night its about 3 hours to 5 hours, no routine yet.

I had been concentrating so much on easing the nipple pain (thankgod thats fine now) that I hadn't been thinking about routines.

I express so much because I am not feeding directly off the breast so I have to express as much as the little man eats

Prama - happy birthday - hope you have had a wonderful day, first birthday as a mummy Re: medicare card, I thought that would just come out when you sent in your baby bonus form? or did I read the form incorrectly. I will have to go to Medicare at some stage to claim back anethesiast bill anyway so will do it then. Need to make sure I have him on my medicare card too

Lisa - re: expressing, I am expressing 3 times a day as well. This morning I expressed 240ml in one sitting from both breasts. I expressed 140 ml this afternoon and I plan to express some more once DJ has his feed. My breasts are soooo full at the moment, so looking forward to emptying them once he wakes up. He was a bit restless earlier, we had visitors all afternoon and he didn't sleep much so finally getting a good rest.

Jade - sounds like you have your hands full. Hopefully DH can be around to help you out. At least it is the easter long weekend, so that will help you get some well deserved rest if he can look after the kids while Ryan is asleep. I have drinking lots of water as well, so dehydrated. After every feed or expressing I do, I am absolutely starving or thirsty. It is like a gym workout without any running around haha

Jess - I express 3 times a day purely to give my nipples a break sometimes, especially for early morning feeds, I find it easier to heat up a bottle of breast milk then breastfeed coz I am sooo sleepy and I don't want to fall asleep while feeding him. And also my hubby wants to share the load and feed him once in the early morning for me so another reason why I express.... And I plan to buy some ice-cube trays for breast milk so I can freeze it for emergencies.

Question - if you express, how much do you feed bub? I was told by the lactation consultant to give DJ only 60ml, but he is still hungry after his feed, so I have increased it to 70ml because he seems to be more content after his feed if I do this. I know he is probably getting alot more when he feeds from the breast, so I just wanted to find out what others are doing. I plan to bring it up with the community nurse once they have called up to arrange a time....

My mum and brother moved in this morning, my brother has gone camping and probably won't be staying here until Sunday or Monday night..... It has been soooo good having my mum here, she is nursing DJ heaps and giving me time to rest or just relax. She is staying for 4 weeks and is off work next week as well, so that will help with stuff around the house. Tomorrow, we are off to get some much needed groceries, being off from work made me forget it was good friday today haha I lose track of time.....

Well girls, I better get going. Hope everyone is well.

Shell xxxx

Thanks Nikki, Jade, Shell. I had another 1.5hrs sleep this afternoon so that was really wonderful. it was a nice quiet day. it was cold in sydney. i just wanted to stay indoors.

Jade - Dont feel bad, hun. It's hard when you have a newborn that needs your attention 24x7, plus 2 other young kids totake care of. But you have eat, you burn abt 500 calories, i think from 1 bf. can you order some takeaway the night before and reheat them for lunch? or can DH make something, for you? You have to take something. the midwife told me yesterday to take some sustagen while bf-ing. can you take that?

Shell - the form only allows you to put bub's name on one person's card. We both have separate medicare cards and wanted to put lakshman's name on both our cards so we ahd to go in. we were told to get all our 3 names onto 2 cards, one for steve and me. but apparently for some reason, they couldnt get lakshman's name as teh 3rd member cos his surname was too long. he will get his own medicare card. and now we have to wait for our cards.
    I was major pi$$ed off, the physio we saw at westmead sent us a bill!! no one told us it was extra. i thot i was part of the whole care at westmead. altho it was $50, but still!!!
    Well done on expressing, thats amazing. for me to get 70-80ml sometimes takes 3-4 expressions.
    you can work out how much to feed DJ. when we were on formula, we were give this ratio .. baby's wgt x 150/no of feeds.

question 1
    When you're out and giving bub EBM, if it's already like 3 hrs since the last booby feed, do your boobs feel really full and feel they need to be emptied. What do you do when you;re out and dont want to bf. i find it hard when we go out and altho i have his EBM, my boobs are so heavy and uncomfy. then i just want to go home and express. so wahts the point of going out...

question 2
    it was cold here in syd today. i wasnt sure how to dress lakshman. we went out for a bit this evening. i had a full bodysuit and wrapped with a thick wrap.. wasnt outdoors, just walking out of the car to where we wanted to go, maybe 5 mins.
    should i put a jumper over his bodysuit with pants? or just a jacket?
    How many layers should i put. what do you put over a bodysuit. what kind of bodysuit do you use? i used a cotton one.
    i dont want to under dress or over dress him. i wasnt sure if i needed to have mittens and socks etc. if we werent going to be outdoors.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast