Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008

Default Babies Born March 2008

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in March 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Thought i'd be the first in here although i had my Princess on the 29th Feb i was in the 1st-15th belly buddies group.

Summer is a fantastic sleeper at the moment not sure how long for so making the most of it, i feel so good because i have been sleeping really well at night, much better than when i was pg. She is in our room and it is going really well, i have tried with the others but i couldn't sleep as every noise woke me up.

BF is going well she doesn't feed for very long but she has a really strong suck and i think she drains me really well and quickly.

Only prob we have at the moment is she has a yucky eye have been cleaning it with saline so if it doesn't get better in the next few days i will have to go to the Dr.

Of course getting the girls to and from school, soccer training and music is such hard work and poor Summer has to be dragged in and out of the car so many times during the day. Lucky she is so placid and doesn't mind too much. DH came home for a few days from NZ so it's nice not to have to do everything even if it's only for a few days but he is off for another 4-5 weeks.

Trina xoxoxox

i'm sitting here with my little man feeding away. It's midnight but I don't mind he's so placid at the moment. Mostly he's been eating and sleeping. He just decided to 'play' for an hour after his feed and managed to poo all up his back. Lucky I bought all those clothes.

Went out and bought a breast pump today, I was so full. Worked a treat. I use it to soften up my nipple so he can attach easier.

Look forward to hearing from the other March mum's

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I'm expressing so I can get back to sleep. I so cant wait for Jazz to be home so I can stop bonding with a machine

Spending most of the day at hospital with her today.

Ahhhh, that feels better! My milk came in today and I have an abundant supply which is good but hurts heaps when I'm full.

Tonight we are giving Jazz her first bath and then going out for a date night to celebrate her birth. Figured while she's in hospital we'd do that while we don't have to worry about getting babysitters, I guess there is one advantage to her not being home yet.

Matt was so cute tonight. At about 8pm he came into the lounge and said "I want my baby" he was missing her and wanted a cuddle with her. For someone who is a blokie bloke, he is such a softy when it comes to his daughter. He's so smitten! She's his number one girl now and it brings a tear to my eye to see him like this, it makes me so happy and makes me fall in love with him all over again!

When we went to visit her this afternoon, he said "Now, she's not allowed to date until she's 18 and anyone who is interested in her has to first beat me in a fight so I know they will be able to protect her" then I said that she's never allowed to date or get married but he said that one day he would like grandchildren.

How funny Danni, DH is a big softy now since having daughters he is a real blokie bloke too. He is really loving Summer, he was never really that into the new baby stage with the others.

What breastpump are you guys using? I have used the isis manual pump before but i could never get much out so want to try an electric/battery one.

Hope everyone is well today, lots of sleep vibes to everyone.

Trina xoxox

Hi Girls,

I know Caitlin was born in Jan but I want to post with the people I know!

Trina - I have a medela swing breast pump. It has a power cord as well as batteries so you can take it with you and pump in the car if needed! Caitlin had a sticky eye when she was in the hospital, it was going around the nursery, in the end she had drops to clear it up and they worked well.

I am not breast feeding all that regularly, I am expressing and giving it to her in a bottle as my nipples are not that great so she can't latch on without a nipple shield and it hurts as she is only getting the nipple and not the breast. I am so used to expressing now that it doesn't bother me and if my nipples start to hurt, I can just turn the breast pump down a bit! If she is unsettled during the night in between feeds then I give her a quick top up from the breast but that is about it.

Thanks Jo that is the one i was thinking about trying. Does Caitlin have a little mouth? When Summer was born her mouth was little and she wouldn't open up wide enough and ouch! really hurts when they latch only on the nipple. I have been cleaning Summers eye for the last 2 days with saline and it seems to be so much better today hardly any yuck in there i am seeing ECN tomorrow so will see what she sais but hopefully it's going away.

Have any of you got really dry skin? I am soooo itchy and it's driving me nutty.

Yep Caitlin does have a small mouth and I am worried that if I keep breastfeeding with the nipple shield she will get used to only sucking on the nipple and I will not be able to get her to do it properly when her mouth grows. I am happy bottle feeding anyway and expressing is only 20 minutes at a time so it is not that bad!

I have really dry skin, I have started exfoliating every day in the shower now and I am using a moisturising shower lotion! Doesn't seem to be helping though but at least I feel like I am helping it!

Hi Guys,

Thought that i would finally make it to post in here!
    What a whirl wind the long weekend has been, i feel like my feet have not touched the ground.
    So glad that i came out of hossy on a weekend as i was able to spend some time with DH before he had to go back to work.
    Her was on the verge of tears this morning, knowing that he has to work and will miss out on seeing Molly Jane all day.
    He has been amazing, doing housework, washing and tidying... Its so hard to remember that i cant do that much coz of the c/section, not taking anything for pain (stopped in hospital so that i could remember that i have no stomach muscles) my back aches at the end of the day, but it is because i am not supporting it with the lack of tummy muscles.
    I have to tke it a bit easier as i really want this wound to heal well so that it wont spoil my chances when we get round to having another baby...

Trina How did the appointment go? I had mine today too. Molly Jane has already put back on her lost weight that she had plus more so she is not above her birth weight!

Mum and Dad were over today, cleaning and mowing and hanging washing for me - they are so cute and great grandparents - so smitten with Molly!
    Nina has been over nearly every day for a cuddle she live only 5 minutes walk away so can just pop in and always does something to help out when she is there.

Anyone else using MCN or prefolds??? i still am and so far coping OK (although i have only been home 3 days!) have not bought a single disposable so i cant easily swap.
    Have found that the prefolds are best at the moment as she is so small, thou thinking of using the BBH for night time as she is sleeping up to 5 hours straight and they will be more absorbent.

Well have got 2 more pics up now - for some reason it is saying tat they are uploaded but are not. Will try again soon as you cant really see her pretty (IMO) face.

YAY March babies group!!
    Just thought I should pop in finally.
    Gotta organize myself back onto the net I think with pics and posts HAHA

I spent all day bar a couple of hours (which were spent at the shopping centre) at the hospital with Jazz. I breastfed her twice but I need to use a nipple shield because I'm producing so much milk and my breasts are so hard that my nipple doesn't come out easily.

In the morning I was changing her nappy, it was a nice normal one. Wiped her and then she decided to squirt more poo out. That went everywhere. Started cleaning that up and then she squirted more (projectile) and I wore it Thankfully my mum arrived just after so I could get her to take me home to change.

We gave her a bath for the first time tonight when Matt arrived at the hospital. She really enjoyed it while in the bath but didn't like getting out.

Tomorrow I'm driving Matt to work so I can have the car. I'll be going to a postnatal physio class in the morning and will spend most of the day at the hospital. I do plan on going home for a nap and do some dishes during the day though.

Anyway, I'm completely exhausted so I'm going to try and get some sleep before I need to express again.

I'm trying to slow down my production a little on the advice of the midwives so now I'm not expressing until empty but just until I'm comfortable. I can get on average about 80ml per breast if I empty (that's every 3 hours).

Ok, goodnight until I come out to express and jump on to fill in time while doing so.

One more thing: Has anyone wet themselves?

Talking

Hey All,

Jake Ernest Williams arrived at 1:52pm after only 4 hours of labour, 11th March 2008 weighing 7.1613 pounds, length 50cm, head 34cm

I am fine, 7 stitches internally and bruised and very sore! hurt like hell....no drugs at the end!!!!

Cheers
    Lisa

Finally Lisa! Well done and congratulations!

I told my mum that now I feel I really am a woman rather than a girl because I'm someone's mother. does that make sense?

I suppose its time i moved to this thread too...

Trina - I never had any luck with the Isis pump either, i tried it several times when i had Dylan and just couldn't get the stupid thing to work. I'm using a Medela mini electric pump now, works a treat, only thing is its lounder then the swing model but its cheaper. I've just used it once or twice to relieve a little pressure when i'm really full but i imagine i'll use it much more later down the track.
    I've only ever heard great things about Medela and its ABA supported so i would personally only go for one made by them... other brands i've heard are just no where near as good.

Ryan has a pretty little mouth too but he has tongue-tie which makes it harder to latch and particularly for my right side which seems to be rounder then my left side it can get really painful. I have noticed however that when i feed him laying down it seems to make a world of difference (which is part of the reason i wanted to keep co-sleeping)

I've been really itchy too! I thought it might've been from the pain killers but if you're all getting it too...

SJ - I'm still on Panadeine Forte and only stopped taking Oxycodone a couple days ago but i reckon its been harder to get over this time around and also because i have the other two kids i can't rest as much which is a bummer, but when i had my first i stopped taking pain relief pretty early too, its nice to have a reminder to rest and relax, its a good excuse to aswell.

Haven't wet myself but i've actually been having a little trouble peeing altogether.. the first time after they took the catheder out was just awful! i couldn't pee for ages, they even threatened to put another one in unless i pee'd really soon. I managed to force one out thank goodness but it took alot of effort and trying to relax. It was horrible! Even now i'm having a little trouble, its not too bad but its like the muscles are having just a little trouble relaxing or something, i'm wondering if they maybe didn't put my bladder back quite exactly where it should be maybe.. dunno.. its not that much of an issue now so i'm not gonna complain about it but yeah..

oh wow.. its late... no wonder i'm so tired. off to bed for me...

Jade - i cant imaging what it is like for you with the wound and other kids to chase around after...
    Possibly the reason that u are having trouble peeing is because the area around the wound is numb... it is normal after abdo surgery to have a loss of sensation down there and that is why it took u ages to pee the first time (it did with me too)... I still get a weird sensation when i empty my bladder too - it will take a while to feel normal again as there are many nerves in that area that will have been affected y the surgery.
    Try running water in the bathroom to make you feel like you want to go or get a cup of warm water and trickle it down that area as you sit on the loo - this is what we try with our patients to get them to pee at hossy!'

Danniella - i am using a hand pump, i know that you want an electric one, but this is brilliant, no pain, adjustable suction level and i can expess loads really quickly with it - their website is Cherub Baby: Cherub Baby i think that it cost me $40 or something like that and it is one of the best things that i have purchased!

Trina - are you using your Jazsling? I ended up getting one too as they were a decent price if i didnt like it. I cant use it for long periods as i have to watch my back with the c/section but it is great when i do wear it... have even managed to convince DH to wear it at times!
    How are you doing with DH gone?

Well i am off to the factory today - going to do about 2-3 hours down there, have to walk there as i cant drive so we will see how i go... i hate the not driving business it is driving me insane!!!

Orly? I didn't have the bladder problems with the other two (at least not that i can remember) oh well, at least i know now that its normal hehehe

oh wow, those Jazslings ARE a decent price! i'm gonna get one. been looking around at other ones but they're all just over $100 so i was gonna make one but for that price i'll get one of those....

Trina I have the manual medela harmony breast pump and it works a treat. I think because it has two phase pumping so it stimulates the breast first and once the milk flows you start pumping. I've had to express for comfort and get about 50ml each time.

Patrick has just started to up his feeds no so that is nice, even if it means longer/more feeds. My nipples are very tender but I've been using Lanisoh which is pure lanolin an is supposed to help repair the nipple. It really helps because the nipple doesn't dry out.

Danni the midwife gave me the tip to express a little before I feed if the nipple is too hard. It worked for us so maybe try that.

Off for a nap at last!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast