Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008 #2

well after writtin yesterday that jayda started moving over night now she has started rollin to her belly.
    jess: i put her in teh walker for like 5 mins she loves it. i never leave her in it long. i have got her a jolly jumper for xmas she loves jumping on our legs so i thought she would love the jj.
    has anyone used any of the photo vouchers that we in the last bounty bag for pixie photos? i am thinkin of doing one soon.
    i cant wait till the end of the week, this week has been soooooooooo full on. i had a extra kid yesterday and he is so full on.

Dear Mothers,

I have a question to ask. Can mothers who have babies between 3-5 months please answer this question. I sometimes lay down my baby girl on her play rug and turn ABC kids for her to watch. She makes alot of noises partly because she thinks Telly Tubbies, etc are talking to her and the colours she sees. I use this time to my advantage: cleaning the house. This only happens in the morning. Do other parents do the same? I personally am not too big on the idea of children watching TV but nevertheless, its only temporary.

We havent used the pixie photo voucher either. i've heard there very push when it comes to selling the rest of the package (around $350 basic package)

Sass- Sorry didnt mean to sound b!tchy and telling you how to do things... Sorry... Just know how much hard time my friends had with fixing the issue after it happened. Another friend uses the JJ all the time and from a young age and had no issues for both kids.

Abb- i have an electric pump also its a cherub i brought on ebay for $88... Its a double pump so you can do both sides at the same time... works a treat...

Girl22- With my 1st i hated the TV... Now i do what ever keeps them happy and quiet...Tiahna likes Toger and Pooh and laughs at it...

girl22: jayda watches tv too. usually simpsons of a night while i am tryin to get tea cooked cause DH isnt home. and of a morning the animated wiggles is so bright she loves it.
    jess: dont worry i didnt take it b!tchy

Default Introducing Matilda...

Hi Everyone

I thought that I would come and introduce myself and hopefully join in on this thread. Thankyou Jess for the suggestion.

My beautiful daughter Matilda was born on May 28th and since it looks like you girls don't mind long posts I will tell you our story.

When I was 12 weeks pregnant I was told that we had a 1 in 3 chance of having a baby with Down Syndrome, we proceeded to have an Amnio done at 16 weeks and at 18 weeks were given the news that we were having a girl, she did not have Down Syndrome, however she did have a Chromosome Deletion, we could not be told what she would have 'wrong' with her at birth as she is one of only 8 born with this deletion, we were however given a massive list of maybes...

Matilda was born at 38.2 weeks via C/S due to the Chromosome Deletion and the uncertainties it bought us and also because she was breech with her legs out straight sucking her toes with no room to move in my small tummy. (Weight 2.98kgs - 6.6pounds) She was born with breathing difficulties, diagnosed with Pierre Robin Sequence (being a cleft palate and small lower jaw - this left no space for her tounge so it fell backwards and blocked her breathing passage) she was taken directly to Neonatel Intensive Care.
    Matilda spent the next 10.5 weeks in hospital.
    At 8.5 weeks she has had a major operation on her jaw to lenghten it enabling her to finally breath on her own. 2 weeks later she came home. She has now been home for 3 weeks but with a feeding tube and 2 pins out of her chin which have to remain there for another 3 weeks before they can get removed, as a result Matilda is not able to have tummy time, she has to wear mittens to stop her from pulling on the pins and hurting herself and we are unable to put her on our shoulder to burp/comfort her.
    When she came home she became very demanding and contantly wanting to be cuddled/comforted. In the last week she has settled into a messy kinda routine, sleeping through the night and for 1 hourish blocks during the day, feeding 4 hourly.

It is great to come in here and she how everyones babes are doing and to see that in other areas of development she seems to be 'normal', I look forward to speaking to you all more....

Deanne.

Welcome Deanne, Matilda is a beautiful little girl, seems you have had a rough trot and its still continuing , but it is all worth it when you look at your little one. You will get heaps of support from our group, there are some fantastic girls in our group and we all like to talk alot re the long posts. Its great to get to know everyone with bubs the same age and learn from each other. Look forward to getting to know you and Matilda better.

welcome Deanne and congrats on the arrival of Matilda. I am sure you will fit right in here, we are all chatterboxes.

Well I have stopped wrapping Liam and am using sleeping/grobags now to put him to sleep. he has started to suck his thumb when the dummy falls out so he likes to have his hands available to him. Jordan is also a thumb sucker so I am not too worried about Liam doing it. Its very handy as you never loose them although I am not sure how to stop the habit.... I am sure they will grow out of it.
    I had a nanna nap this afternoon and will have sleep in tomorrow before playgroup. We are making fathers day presents tomorrow, painted rocks to make paper weights. LOL what every dad needs.

anyway night all, hope you all have a great sleep

Hi Mummas,

Well We've had a bad morning... After waking to Tiahna screaming and in tears at 4 (no real reason) and giving her a feed, she took for ever to resettle. Finally by 5.30 she was back tosleep to i thought i' have more sleep also as i havent been getting much sleep... Well we were woken at 6 by Jordan with the damn telly cranked up to full. (we have surround sound amp and sub... Like a freaking chopper in the loungeroom) Just managed to resettle Tiahna down from being woken up with a fright and crying her heart out... GRRRRR

Sass- glad you didnt take it b!tchy....

Matildasmummy (MM for i'll use for later ) Glad you popped in... I'd never heard or Pierre RObins before but after reading ur last post i did a quick google... Must have been so hard not knowing what may be "wrong" with her until her birth... Sounds like your DD Matilda has been through so much but seems to be on her way to a great recovery. Big hugs to you and ur family. I'm sure as i said before you find some great women (and men) on here that are FANTASTIC support. I wouldnt have gotten throu my Pregnancy without them. ( ladies) As you said were all blabbers here so feel free to blab away to... hehehe

Deancey- DS used to suck 2 fingers My cousin still sucks her thumb when she's asleep and she's like 26... heheh she doesnt know she's doing it... We stopped jordan by supplimenting it with a dummy. Tiahna is a thumb sucker but wont take a dummy so looks like i'll have to tackle that one later on... she wakes us up every morning by the sucking noise and smacking her lips together like she eating the most fantastic flavoured food... hehehe

A friend of mine and i are starting up a Gift cake business. (like the nappy cakes) Were both SAHM on mat leave and wanting to try to stay at homw with bubs for longer... If this works out and we can sell enough of our ideas then we may be able to stay home full time again.

OMG... what a shock i noticed 18 posts and none of them were NaNa... R u out there NaNa... R u ok... nope ur not getting sick darl...

cheeky, Jess! you know I'm still here! just busy, packing stuff... blah. Aadi's sleeping well, and having a great time with his grandma. I got a massage yesterday which was AWESOME but it stirred up some aches and pains so I didn't sleep so well, but I feel ok. My mum's being so great helping out.
    I'll be back later for personals... but welcome Deanne and Matilda - you've had a difficult start to things, but you certainly make me think twice about complaining about any minor issues! Bravo!

NaNa--- Thought i'd get a post after that... hehehe but its a little one i think its the smallest one yet... HAHAHAHA

I had to bed DP for a massage last night and said no DTD until i got 1... well he did like 1 min and expected to DTD... men... its all about there needs

Glad ur mums a good help... Hope the packing is going well... how long till the big move???

Well Tiahna is still screming the house down... she falls asleep then wakes 2 mins later screaming... I noticed her gum has a big bubble... She's drowling 10x more then normal (she usually dribbles that much her shirt is wet down to her belly button, through the bib, shirt and singlet) There is so much drowl i cant clean it up quick enough... I just gave her a bit of panadol and in 15 mons she is finally resting (sleeping) i'll say resting because whe'll probably wake soon... Best be off, have tonnes to do before DP get his butt home

Hi ladies

I know its been a long time since i have posted. Abbie is doing well she now weighs 6.1kgs which is about 13 1/2 pounds. She is doing well i think that she is teething as she is dribbling heaps. Lachlan is still being a bit difficult and thats the reason why i have not been on here as much. Abbie has been waking up a bit at night mostly early morning lately so i took her to the clinic and they just said she is probably going through a growth spurt, so hopefully she gets back to normal soon.

Welcome deanne sounds like you have been through a bit, she sounds like she is going great now, i wish you luck and can't wait to get to know you .

Jess sorry to hear about tihana's difficult time at the moment, hope she feels better soon, fingers crossed she sleeps a bit better for you today. I hear you about men too i have the same problem

Deancy i stopped wrapping abbie about a month ago. It was weired because at one point she would not go to sleep with out being wrapped and now she hates being wrapped up. She also trys to suck her fingers but i try and discorage it because i would prefer her to have a dummy, beacuse atleast i can take it off her later on. It a personal choice though goodluck.

Sassy abbie loves the wiggles too casue it is so bright and musical

Well abbie is due for a feed and the boys are gettting restless
    Sorry to everyone i missed hopefully i will be back soon
    Nikki

Morning
    We had a great night last night, went out for dinner with family and hamish slept entire time in pram, got home he woke had a bath and feed in bed around 10 then woke at 7.15 this morning. I have done the washing, showered, dishes and vacuumed whilst he played on floor, seems like my happy boy is back. Dr said his teeth were coming down and it was ok to use teething gel even though it says 4 months on label, so we have been using it just a few times a day when he is at his mouth aggressively seems to help and also gave him a wet face washer to suck on he loves it.
    Going to meet dp for lunch in town today as its so nice outside may aswell enjoy the sunshine. Work tonight and tomorrow also, had a bit more luck with expressing last night, fingers crossed it continues. Have a good day, maybe back later if i feel in a blabbing mood again. lol

well hi ladies its nice to see everyone is doing well.
    Liam is going well I left him with DH today whilst I took Jordan to playgroup, was a good thing as it was painting day and had to keep close eye on Jordan so he didnt put paint everywhere. We made fathers day paper weights (painted rocks) LOL and cards.
    Liam was due for feed at 7pm.....i havent woken him though. Hopefully he may go thru night if he sleeps a bit longer.
    Gotta get the expresser and stuff organised for work.
    take care everyone

afternoon mummas,

Well Jordan is at preschool today.. YAY... Did teh shopping and have just fed Little miss and she's happy playing with her new toy in the high chair. She's been waking up at about 3-4am for a feed but i'm ok with that. she feeda then takes a while to settle but sleeps til about 6.30-7 so still very good for her age... I;ve had a good run with all nights so cant complain. Tiahna has been putting EVERYTHING in her mouth the last few days... (was reading milestones and things and she seems to be fdoing alright) She's getting quite good at communicating lately... Today she was talking to everyone at the shops. Signing and yelling out... It was great.

DP got to see her roll over last night (dont think he believed me that she could do it already) I cant believe how quickly she's develpoing.... she's has started coppying sounds now... last night she was making "MMMM" sounds... Hopefully this time it'll be MUM first... DS said DAD DA first.... she also makes kiss noises back... SO cute...

Nikki- great to see things are going well. I KWUM about other kids being difficult... Jordan is getting a bit better but still quite a handful;
    ABB- i'm using the teething gel also, just a small amount... GP said it was ok, I had to give Tiahna panadol she was screming so much yesterday from i thiught teething pains... she slept for a wopping 3 hours... YAY her biggest day sleep with DS home...

Mis_tree- I had to stop rocking Tiahna to sleep a while ago, both my labours were all back pain so now i dsuffer bad back pain... its hard to sit unsupported or stand and rock. No she's used to going down and self settling... I mean she still falls asleep on the boob occasionally but i try tp put her down so she learns to self settle...

Deancey- YAY on the day with jordan... Love the dads day idea... I just picked out the best card for DP (about farts... HAHAHAHA... its him to a t) Just took him up to bunnings after the grocery shopping and he brough some "needed tools" and stuff... (LIKE WTF... he'll use then 1 or 2 times... there just here "Incase") LOL

I am cleaning 1 room at a time each day of the week. yesterday i did the basic clean plus our room (wardrobe was shocking...had boxes unpacked from the move shoved in there still... all cleaned now and clothes all put away properly, Sheets changed, all dusted) Today is Tiahna's Room, clothes... (gosh she's growing too fast... so long the 000 separates still fit round the waist but too short... need 00 but too big round the waist.) Wipe down all the dust, re- organise it again vacumn etc.
    Well best be off, or i'll never get it done before i pick up DS...

Hope everyone is well

Hi everyone,

I haven't been here for a maybe a week now. Busy with assignments. Yes! One more major assignment to go and I can relax for the next three weeks, working on small papers and doing my weekly readings. Ladies, I have a question. It's 7:30pm and my baby girl is alseep- in the pram? Why? Because I was busy cooking so I have decided to leave her there otherwise she will wake up. I desperately need to use her sleeping time to do this essay that is due in on Monday. My question: does your baby also sleep in the stroller? Is it okay? I mean, she looks really comfortable. I can also keep an eye on her without having to move. Answers please.

PS: This place is helpful.

Girl 22 sleeping in the pram is fine, i dont see a problem with it, when i go shopping ds sleeps in there for 3 hours or longer and when we are at friends he sometimes sleeps longer i think it is ok. I know when my dd was a baby we went away for the weekend and couldnt get her to sleep in port a cot so she slept all night in pram for two nights and it never hurt.

Hamish has been a gem so far today, slept from 8 last night to 6.20 am this morning fed and had a play with dp then we went out for breaky, it was beautiful and he slept entire time and woke when we put him in car seat. I have just come home to feed him and do a quick tidy up before going to mum and dads for lunch, busy day. Dp is at cricket training atm so i have dressed hamish i n his i love daddy top to suprise him when he gets home. Hope everyone has a good fathers day.

It's a relief knowing that. Thanks Abb and Mis-Tre

Girll22 - I wouldn't worry about bubs sleeping in the pram. It's better to let her sleep if it means you can do what you need to do. Good luck with your assignment!!
    Abb - yay for the great sleeps! Hamish seems to be doing really well there, so good for you! Bet he looked adorable in his "I love daddy" shirt.
    Jess - It's so cute when they start "talking" to people, isn't it?? Aadi was chatting up two ladies in the restaurant the other night, and all the waitresses were smitten!

Well, I'm nearly finished packing everything up, and we've got the keys to the house so we've taken a few car-loads over already. The removals truck comes on Tuesday, and our internet will be off until Friday or Saturday, so I'm going to cram in a three-page post now, just to keep you all going until I can post again! Hahaha! kidding...
    Aadi has been getting better and better this week, and I'm really relieved because it was awful seeing him struggling. He's been sleeping from 7.30-8ish for at least 5 hours, waking for a feed and resettling beautifully after a nappy change, then sleeping thru to 6 or 7am. He plays for an hour or so, then has a nap. I think soon he might drop the night time feed, but even if he doesn't it's been a great improvement getting this much sleep anyway. My mum's having a great time with him, and Aadi's just sooo happy this weekend! Considering the place is absolute chaos, with boxes and junk everywhere, he's not too unsettled at all. I've even stopped giving him the Infacol so often, and he's been ok. The chucking has diminished a little too.
    BUT... I think teething may start soon. On Friday Aadi was all red on one cheek, he was hot and cranky, and jamming everything in his mouth and gumming it. I thought he was drooling lots before but this was something else!! Also, he had green diarrhea (TMI!) and a bit of nappy rash. It all settled down by Saturday afternoon, but they're all teething symptoms. That said, teething symptoms can start months before a tooth shows...
    So here's hoping that we get settled into our new place without too much disruption to our routine.
    Hope you all had a nice weekend, and I'll catch up later!
    Take it easy!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast