Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Well Liam was a gem last night, he fed at 7pm when i got home, 2am and then 7am this morning PERFECT. I was able to leave home at 7.20 with empty boobs and only had to express once at work.....and I got 300ml OMG thats my most ever.

Abb I find in order to get a let down I need to wait till atleast 1-2 hrs after his regular feeding time so I have some milk already in my boobs, then I do alot of quick pumps until I feel the let down and then slow and steady to keep it coming. I also find if I am with someone and chatting away it helps with the let down. Is there anyone at work you would feel comfortable with???? It may help

I am good to see that everyone is doing well. take care

She has an arabic name.

Hi all,

Gosh this sleeping business is tough.... everyone else is getting sleep except me... Just keep tossing and turning all night till little miss wakes up. She woke up at 4am and went back to sleep and is still sleeping now.

NaNa- Hef it is then.. Glad the infacol has given his some relief. Never new Brauer had a Stomach Calm Might give that a go... Tiahna hates the taste of the Zantac even mixed eith EBM... Its a huge hassle to get her to take it. Also as i mentioned my son was a "happychucker" he started to grow out of it when he started sitting up more and was completly gone by 12 months... (but MUCH better by 6-7m)

Abb- i dont Wrap Tiahna unless its like in the pram or like walking into the shop or its cold etc... Never to sleep anymore... I just tuck her in the basinette with a big warm blanket If she cant move her legs a little she wapes up...
    Mis-tree- Bgger bout forgetting ur valve... Hope things are ok (police station stuff) That happened to me the chucking all over me and no change of clothes for me... YUK... I dont see the CHN think ive been once... I just see my GP week 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 13. i'll start going to see the lady at the chemist from now on (CHN) but i dont think its that necessary to get bubs weighed all the time... You can tell if there gaining weight from now on... (well i think anyways, everyone is different)
    Deancey- YAY on Liams perfect schedule... Hopefully its one he sticks to for you... OMG at 300Ml. Most i have done is 110ml each side and that was 1st morning expressing. after 1st morning feed i never really fill up properly. Gosh there is no way i could chat and express at work, there were only 2 girls and both of us had babies... couldnt imagine having a chat to the guys with a pump on my booby...
    Girl22- Oh i thought you meant it was an UNUSUAL name like as in something you had made up .. hehe Thats kool i have few Arabic friends... I can say there names but forget about spelling them. Does it have a special meaning

Well i'm off to do some chores before Tiahna starts to wake up and be demanding as usual.. HEHE..

Girl22 - keeping us in suspense!! dont worry about unusual names - mine's Tasmanian aboriginal, my partner's is arabic (he's French Lebanese, grew up in Africa), my mum's is Sanskrit, my son's are Sanskrit and Celtic French. I'm actually thinking of learning arabic later this year (in my spare time! ha!!) so I can keep up with DP, who speaks 4 languages... tricky bugger...
    Jess - I hear you! Aadi's finally getting good sleep and I'm awake for hours! duh, I'm wasted today. My mum's arriving tonight, thank goodness, and she said to stop doing anything, and stop eating so much wheat and cheese... it could be affecting Aadi. Blah. I'd die without my croissants and stinky cheese baguette treats! It's my only vice... I've even cut back on the chocolate.
    I certainly hope Aadi's not chucking so much by Christmas time... we've booked our flights to go visit all the family in Africa, and chucking is rather antisocial behaviour...
    Deancey - yay for you! hope it continues for you.

good morning ladies,

omg i have soooooooo much energy. in 3 weeks i have lost 8.6kgs and my body shape has changed so much i feel so good at the mo.

wat would u girls class as sleeping through. jayda has been doing 830pm to 430am. or would maybe after 6am be classed as sleeping through.

2 more weeks and we r back for needles again. i hope she does as good as last time. she only cried for about 2mins after she got the needles and that was it.

well i better be off we r doing fathers day craft today so we r goign to be very busy.

hope everyone has a great day

NaNa- WOW thats some mix... You said SONS??? do you have another son??? I didnt cut anything out of my diet with DS. And found he was better on BM then on Formula. wish i had never switched. Oh well learnt my lesson and trying to keep with BF this time...
    Glad i'm not the only one not sleeping...

Sass- Jayda's sleeping through i would say. Tiahna jhas settle into that routine last few days. But i dont mind. I know needles comming up again soon... I hate needles. Wish i could get them instead of her... (even though i'm the biggest sook when it comes to needles) HAve fun making ur fathers day craft... and YAY on your weight loss maybe i should give that cohens diet a go... is it expensive???

oops, no! I meant he has two names!! argh! I told you I'm wasted... yeah, it's really annoying when someone asks, "so, where are you from?"
    Sass - Way to go!! Another piece of timely advice from my mum - she's been doing the blood-type diet for 8 months now (after years of migraines and associated health problems), and she feels fantastic too. Definitely a convert, although she still denies it was me telling her to cut out gluten and dairy all these years... Jess, I reckon you could find the books at the library or any major bookstore. I can't cut much more out of my diet - I'm vegetarian, lactose intolerant, and breastfeeding so avoiding brassicas and "farty foods"!! I'll ask my ma more about it tonight.

Hi All,

Wow there was alot of posts since I last posted, it's taken me about 30mins to read them all. I must logon more often.

Hi Girl22, my son Cameron was also born on the 29th, 5.40pm (waters broke at 2am, no contractions, was induced at 1, was ready to push at 5). He was last weighed last Tuesday at 5.5kg (but he was only 2.72kg at birth), last length check he was 54cm (that was about 1 month ago). He is just starting to fit into the 000, he still has a couple of 0000 outfits he still wears too.

NaNa - I've been drinking Aktavite from the beginning. My mum used to drink it with me (apparently that's what all the ladies in the maternity ward back in her day were given - they'd all look forward to it), so I figured it could only help. I think it's the folate in it that helps. Cameron's a chucker too, he usually grunts after a feed, lets out a big burp, then a few mins later a chuck, then he is good. I always have flannettes on hand (i call them his spew rags). Thankfully though he doesn't seem to be in pain.

Abb - I still wrap Cameron for sleeping most of the time - not so much during the day. I find if I wrap him he'll sleep longer. But for the last few mornings he has unravelled himself and it up the other end of the cot. He is usually laying in there smiling and looking around. I'm starting to wrap him in a muslin wrap as it is starting to get warmer (and its breathable in case he pulls it over his face). With the expressing thing, Ive also heard to have a picture of your baby with you as this helps with the let down too.

MisTree - I go to a parent group which was arranged by our baby clinic, so we have been weighing him every 2 weeks, but there is only 2 weeks left of this group. Will probably continue to check every 2-3weeks while i'm bf.

Sassy - we talked about solids a few weeks ago at our parent class. they recommend trying solids between 5-6months. But it depends on your baby. They said to try it, if your baby can handle the swallowing of it, then they are ready. If not, wait a few days or a week- then try again. I'm looking forward to trying solids as I think Cameron's going to like it. I've occassionally let him lick some foods I've eaten, mainly banana - he always smiles when i've got one and the smile gets bigger when I let him lick it.

Deancey- wow 300mls, the most i've ever express is 250ml after missing feeds. Glad Liam is starting to work into a routine that suits you both.

i think i've covered everybody, if not Hi to those I've missed. As I've explained before, my memory is not so good.

Well we had a busy weekend. Went to IL's Friday afternoon (we were meant to be going to dinner with them on Saturday for MIL's bday, but there was a family emergency MIL had to go to on Saturday, that ended up resolving itself late Friday afternoon, therefore we rushed over there for no reason), we ended up staying for dinner. We all then went out for dinner as planned on saturday. When we got there we called the IL's to see where they were sitting, they said next to the band...hello we have a baby. They don't use there common sense much. Luckly the speakers were headed in the other direction, and the band didn't start playing til much later anyway. Cameron was a good boy though. Fell asleep almost when we got there, didn't even stir when the band started. We had to wake him when we were ready to leave (as we wanted a photo with FIL, DH and Cameron for a fathers day present for FIL). Then Sunday we went to my parents (only 30mins drive up the highway). To me that was a very busy weekend, hardly spent any time at home, and Cameron only sleeps max 1 hr when not in his cot. But thankfully he was not too grumbly at all, actually really smiley and giggled alot. Thought we would pay the price on with an unsettled Monday, but he was still asleep when I went into his room yesterday at 7.15am (i think i woke him they way I opened the door). He is a good boy (and a great sleeper), which my MIL kept saying how well I'm doing (which is really nice to hear).

Well I've just realised how long this post is, Sorry about that, I do tend to babble also (guess I fit in well in this thread). Better go do some house work before Cam wakes -he's been asleep for bout 1 1/2hrs, will probably wake in the next 30mins, we tend to have this routine now, waking at 6.30-7am, next feed 10, then 1, then 4.30, then wake up feed 8. we also do the feed, play, sleep routine at the first 4 feeds, but do wake up at 8pm to play feed then big sleep).

Sorry still babbling, this time I am going.
    Bye for now

NaNa- Thought i must have missed something... HEHEHE...
    Bec 7- WOW ur sure fitin to our thread of blabbers... hehehe Another bubs born on the 29th... WOW it must have been a busy day... i think there is 4 or 5 now.

I never thought to read and post here while bfeeding, so i'm giving it a go now. it's very hard to type one handed.
    i realised i forgot Jess. I used to have trouble sleeping, but i'm getting better. i sometimes have a glass of wine after the last feed, it helps relax me. also when in bed, count backwards, i use to start at 100, but had to upgrade to 200 for a while (it helps stop thinking).

Gotta go, Cam's almost finished.
    bye for now

bec7: i give jayda lick of my apple every now and then and she loves it. i want to start her a bit sooner but i dont know. i think she will love it too. i had her on a bit of farex a few weeks b4 the midwife told me not to and she was eating it fine so i dont think she will have a prob with swallowing it will just be the allergies.

jess: the cohens diet isnt the same as the blood type diets. yes they do blood tests but it is not to find out ur blood type they do all tests like ur kidney function and all that to see wat ur body can handle processing and stuff.
    it is $750 or u can do a weekly or monthly plan.
    my typical day is
    breaky: natural yoghurt
    snack: 2 crispbreads and orange
    lunch: chicken and veg
    snack: 2 crispbread and apple
    tea: meat and veg
    ur only aloud certain veg and dif people can have dif amounts of the crispbreads i am aloud 5 but only usually have 4. u dont have to eat ur fruit and crisps if u dont feel hungry but u have to have main meals and all main meals have to be 5hrs apart and crisps have to be 2.5 hrs apart not aloud to have more then 2 at a time. also u loose weight kinda evenly. most diets i have been on i have lost it all from my face and chest and hardly off my bum where i need it gone the most and it helps tone so u dont get the saggy skin.
    prop get introuble for writtin all that.

i miss my bubby. she was at my mums daycare yesterday and today she is with her father so i could have an extra kid in care so i can get some extra money.

omg last night we put her on her play mat and she done 2x 360 turns on the mat then got off the mat moved about 1m to the big loung then went down the side of the 3 seater lounge and back towards her mat all within 30mins. she is rollin onto her sideand kicks to turn herself then lays on her back and digs her feet in and pushes back. all this happened over night. i sat there watchign her stunned. and yesterday i put he rin her walker and only the tips of her toes reach the ground but she done this big jump/push thing and moved it backwards abit.

Bec thats how i spend my feeding time, which is why i'm on here so much... (well thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it)

Sass- I'd be careful with the walker... Friends of mine used theres froma younge age and had issues with there sons back alignment and had issues walking later on... I started DS off from about 5-6 months once he could sit up that way i knew he's back was able to fully cope with being upright and hold hiimself up. This time i'm not using one as we have too much carpet. looking into a J/Jumper but not sure how much use i'll get out of it... DS walked very early so i'm not sure if DD will also.

Well Little Miss is awake and sooking as usual and i have already fed her. (and expressed and of course she wont take the bottle still) Think i might just leave her to sook so she knows its not on...

NEED to get this house cleaned up... its killing me not having it clean... i just dont have time. (doesnt help that i'n on here... )

To the ladies that gave brith on 29th May, how many weeks were you? I gave birth at 37 weeks.

Gee we are alot of blabbers on here lately, must have too much time on our hands now. Says me who is at my mums waiting for Hamish to wake so i can feed before going to work and thought boring boring oh mum has the net. haha now i am hopeing he stays aslepp a little longer so i can have my daily fix.lol
    Wont have time for personal will be back on maybe later tonight if i get a chance or tomorrow, who am i kidding i will be back tonight.
    I took Hamish to local chemist this morning for photos and he was such a good boy, he smiled and laughed like crazy at photographer ( he was a bit nutty) i was laughing too. I was hoping to get hem back for fathers day but they wont be ready so i figure i will take my own tomorrow in his new top that says (I love daddy lots) its so cute a little big but its hard to pick sizes when buying online.
    Hamish slept again from 9 to 4.30 then 9 so i am happy if he stays like that as he settles really well after the 4 feed. I was taking him to mchn evry 2 weeks but am now on monthly visits, my nurse just left it up to me and if i have a problem i can call her, she is great, has 7 kids herself so she knows what she is talking about. I wrap Hamish at night time but he most always has his arms out by morning anyway so i may try him unwrapped and see if there is a difference. Allright i think i have done my blabbing for the day. Will catch up again later, imagine if we all met in person we wouldnt draw breathe. lol

Morning mummas,

Girl 22- I was 10 days post date, just like my 1st.

ABB- talk about adicted...using Mums net... tisk tisk (like i can talk)

YAy on hamish's sleep. I havent had any pics of Tiahna done... I was only in hossy a short time and the photographer never came in so i didnt get the hossy pics done like DS... And I figured by now i should just wait to get both kids done... I'm thinking about getting them done in the warmer whether so i can put Tiahna in a cute dress. we Take plenty of pics at home but disapointed we dont have the 1st shots... oh well too late now...

I started trying to type while bf, but cause I had to look at my facebook first, i ran out of time, had to wait til Cameron to go back to bed.

Sassy - its scary how quickly they learn to move. For the last week Cameron has started unravelling himself from his wrap at night and he is up the other end of his cot, he must be pushing himself backward. And last nigth DH had him on our bed on his tummy, and with a little help from DH, Cameron was pushing his legs against DH's hands to move forward - he was able to go from one end to the other. It made think how quick this time is going, he'll probably be crawling in no time.

Jess - I've also heard J/Jumpers are not so good either - similar reasons for there back and hips, even if a little older. If you do get one, they say not to leave them in it for too long. But Cameron seems to like when I bounce him so I might have to look into it more.

Girl22- I was 37weeks 5days with Cameron. He was actually due between 15th-17thJune (last scan I had said should have been 17th)

Abb - think we can babble on here cause we all got good babies (which is a big pat on the backs to the mothers I think). I was also thinking of trying Cameron unwrapped 1 night, maybe in the next few weeks, as it is starting to warm up (I don't think he is unravelling himself til a little later in the night)

Went to parent class again yesterday, it was on teeth. It was good as got Cameron his first toothbrush, toothpaste and floss. Watched a video- it is so sad how parents let there kids get to the stage of having there teeth extracted and shocking to see parents giving toddlers cordial and soft drink - particularly coke in a bottle to shut the kid up. I just sat there shaking my head. Next week is the last week, on sun care. I'm hoping most of the girls will continue on with a play group, I love the social side of it and it has helped alot with the comparing of stories and advise (this site does to). Do any of you do playgroup?

Well better go do some house work. My mum comes down every Wednesday and stays the night, so it usually gives me a little kick to have the house looking half decent when she comes. And whatever I haven't done yet, she'll help me do. Then we go shopping as a reward.

Have a nice day.
    Bye for now

Bec- I have heard there not great aswell, i though i'd be ok for when she has total back control but not walking just yet??? i was hoping it would be ok from 5-6 months. I looked at the yesterday but the harness only sits waist high and then the straps to hang it its not actually support for top half of the back. So think i may give it a miss..... they were at the parenting, children and baby expo and had good reviews but like you said i will have to do some more research... See which is better the walker or J/Jumper... the walker was ok for my son from 5-6 months and he had no issues i was just told not to let him try to walk at that youung age as it could damage his back. we used to make it high so he couldnt touch the ground much. but with the walker we have carpet and only a small tiled kitchen and dining (dont really want her in there) I fugured with the J/Jumper you can takle it outside when you do gardening??

We dont do playgroup but i meet up with GF who have kids every few weeks. My DS goes to daycare and i'll be looking into activities we can all do ( library, swiming, play centres, mite look into a playgroup) at the moment i'm enjoying my time at home... still havent decided what to do with work. I want to ask for more time but just dont know just yet... we'll have to see... DP doesnt want me to go back but i'd hate to give up the job and then later need to go through all of that interview stuff again... its only 2 days at the mom Tiahna wont take a bottle at all so i'm BF and worried if he doesnt start taking the bottle soon she wont be able to go to care as shw wont feed.

anyways i'm off, have to do some cleaning. Laundry, all the fun stuff... GRRRR. i hate it but someone has to do it...

Girl 22 - I was due June 1st so only a few days early.

Jess - I missed the ones in hossie too, they came in 10 min after i had him and i said no way go away.lol We take heaps of photos at home also, i only took him to chemist because they sent me a voucher for free portrait. We have taken some great pics at home and dp works for local newspaper here and had some great ones taken for fathers day article.
    Bec - we dont go to mothers group or anything either, i will take hamish swimming after next needles and look into a play group later on.
    Sass - wow on all the movement, hamish is funny he just lays in one spot still, arms and legs going like crazy but no rolling.
    Deancey - i have tried all different times of day to express, i got home after work last night and tried i only got 40mls and that was with a missed feed as dp gave ebm. Going to try the milk drink next and if that doesnt work i will go to dr.
    mis tree - i hope you are coping with work and you remebered to take your valve this time. What type of breast pump do you use? I have electric medela pump.
    NaNa - Gee i don think we will ask the meaning of everyones name again, you certainly would stump a few people with there origin, i had to read it a few times myself. wow

Hi to everyone else i have missed, getting use to this one hand typing now, it takes longer but that means i can sit longer.lol

I am off to get some washing on as sun is shining and thats very rare lately.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast