Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008 #2

jess: i tried infacol it didnt seem to do much and donnalix i was told to give it to her when she is really bad but i dont think it does much. the thing i found that has worked the best is infants friend. and u can give it more then the other medications because it is mostly natural stuff i think. also i was told to try to encourage the dummy cause while they r sucking on it they r keeping the acid down. it really helps jayda but she doesnt know how to hold it in when she is having a break from sucking.

sarah: way to go with the sleeping.

deancey: it doesnt really work like that for me cause i work with kids all day when i am tired i am cranky and just want dh to take her to give me a break. i guess it is cause she sooks as soon as i try to cook tea or have a bath. i suppose that is wat being a mummy means....... no more me time lol

Well DP just left for work- Tiahna's worst time of the night and i'm on my own for a while. Fed her at 8.30 and she fell asleep at 9.15 so i thought BONUS... But as soon as i put her in the rocker she woke up... GRRRRRR!!!!

Sass- I'm using the infants friend but its just making her farts smell worse then usual... (and there bad enough) Like it helps her pass the wind eventually but it takes ages to work so not sure if its working like it should or if its just passing on its own...

also i was told to try to encourage the dummy cause while they r sucking on it they r keeping the acid down
    have heard that dummies encourage more wind and as for the acid thats more of a reflux thing... well thats what i've been told...

Tiahna refuses a dummy any way... i try everyday but still hates every kind i have brought... Think i'm in for yet another aweful evening... she's been going since last feed and i have given her reflux meds before 1 fed her again- changed her and then given her the infants friend and she's still screaming and fussing about... she just cant bring the wind up... i'm going to let her cry for a while to wear herself out and hopefully i can get DS into bed.... been trying since 8 and he still wont stay in bed... GRRRRRRR

Well we had a bad night last night. Had trouble settling Hamish all day yesterday he seemed to have a stuffy nose and had trouble breathing. Then last night he had a temp so dp went and bought some baby panadol, we gave him a dose around 11pm he hadnt been asleep for 3 hours and wouldnt drink much from breast as was having trouble breathing so i expressed a bottle and eventually he took it around 12. He slept on and off but at 4am he was screaming again. So i have been awake since 4, he sleeps on and off but chokes and coughs so i dont want to leave him alone. Has anyone tried the nyal salin nasal drops i thought i might give them a go. Got to go he is awake again. Hope everyone had a better night than me.

Abb, we've been using Fess Nasal Spray for Juliette & it's worked really well. I hope Hamish is getting better.

Had our 6 weeks check up yesterday which was a waste of time. My GP was booked out so we went to a different one in the same centre. He didn't weigh Juliette or check her hips or anything & he barely glanced at me. I asked a few questions & found out she has a slight infection in one of her eyes froma blocked duct so she now has drops for it. I booked in her 2 month immunisation And also another appointment for the both of us because that one was dodgy!

Abb- you should try the vapouriser as well... they work wonders... I'm using the "little fess' you get the aspirator sucker thingy too. i suck as much out before i fess and then after i fess aswell... Was also told you can use the chest rubs but only on bubs clothes or use the baby bolsom.

SOunds like there are a few bubs with the sniffles.

Woke up this morning and my right boob is SOOOOO sore... not sure why but i'm thinking it might be a monthly thing as i got a lovely surprise when i went to the toilet... I thought i wouldnt get my period while breast feeding???

Did the shopping today... Tiahna was a gem and slept the whole time until i was about to leave (luckily were only 2 mins up the road in the car... Big W was a mad house- didnt realise there was a HUGE toy sale... all i wanted was dog food and nappies... Took me almost 1/2 hour to get the 2 and pay... GRRRR then cos everyone was at Big w woolies was also packed out...

Sarah... MY GP bookes out very quickly i have to make appointments in advanced so most of my appointments are already booked so i can get the time that i want. Sorry to hear Juliette has an infection in her eye...

Hi Ladies

well we had our 6 week check up yesterday and all is great! Zali is now 61cm long (7cms longer since birth) and now weighs 5.5kg so the Dr was very happy with this.

I hope you are all going well and that all the poor little sick bubs are getting better.

Have any of you heard of the Dunstan Baby Language? I have done some research and is very true for Zali, it has really helped me so I have posted the link if you want to check it out. YouTube - Dunstan Baby Language - The Baby Listener - Dr Rhonda Low CA

I hope this helps you all.

lets hope we all get a great nights sleep.

Cheers Mecil

Mecil... saw this on the morning show... and forgot all about it,.... thanks for the reminder...

Also YAY on Zali's progress

Hi ladies

Mecil congratulations on the weight gain thats great! Yeah i have heard of it and it really works you know.

Abb jess is right vaporisers are great i have always used one and they work wonders. Hope that bub gets better soon.

Jess sorry to hear about your unsettled periods with tihana, i know what its like cody was the same i just remember looking forward to that 3-6 month mark when they grow out of it. I found that infants friend only made cody worse too. Nothing worked with cody he just grew out of it. Good luck and i am thinking of you. Sorry to hear that you have your period well i have not stopped bleeding yet so i hear you. It happened last time with lachlan too i had to go on the pill so it made my period regular. Its like a period but i only stop for one or two days then i bleed again for another week. I don't know hopefully the dr has another answer for me because if i go on the pill it will dry up my milk. The mini pill apparently does not make you regular, no idea.

Sarah sorry to hear about your dodgy check up well i was suppose to go today but had to cancel as i am too busy with kids at my house today. Not in the mood to fight with kids at the doctors today. So abbie is 8 weeks next week so i will just make an appointment for both of us then.

Abbie has been really good with sleeping lately but sometime she just wants to be held at night which i don't mind casue during the day i am so busy i don't get alot of time for just me and her time. She loves spending time under her activity matt!!!!

Abbie is nearly out of her 000 as the arms are getting tooo short for her, 00 seem to be fitting her better lately. Although some 0000 are still fitting her, sizes are so different between brands its not funny.

Hope everyone is well today

Nikki

hi ladies
    well we had an unsettled period from 5-9pm last night. Liam wouldnt sleep and wanted to be held/rocked to sleep. Each time we put him down he would wake 2 mins later. Eventually he fell asleep and then woke again at 12.30 for a feed then 4.30. He was awake at 7.30 which was fine as Jordan woke at 6.00 this morning so I was already well and truly up. I didnt feed him till 8am though, I want to keep him as close to 4 hrly during the day as I can.
    He also enjoys playing under his play gym. He has a good giggle when he moves something that makes noise.
    Well 2 days of no naps seems to have worn Jordan out and he has gone for a sleep today, thankgoodness. We are going out tonight and didnt want him to be a feral. Also gives me a rest as he has been full on for the last 2 days.

Sarah sorry to hear your check up wasnt good. I hope your doc does a more thorough job.

LMK glad to hear Abbies sleeping is pretty good. I also feel as though Liam and I dont spend much 1 on 1 time. It is nice to have a cuddle uninterupted.

Mecil Zali is going great guns on growing, well done to you and the good feeding.

Jess glad you had a sucessful shopping trip, its nice when bubs is calm so you can get everything done without flustering.

Abb hope you and Hamish had a better night last night and got some good rest in.

Sorry to those I missed, take care

Well my right boob is still so sore... have tried feeding from it every feed and its not helping the pain.... have been using a heat pack before feeds and cold compress after also massagining it in the shower and while feeding, have been wearing a loose fitting top no bra all day, expressing between feeds. The pain has decresed a little but is still there. No red lumps, no fever or flu symptoms, just very tender like i've been punched hard or something... Maybe i should see a doctor... or any other tips... appart from mastitis anything else it could be???

Also got some donnalix for tiahna's colic and its made her face red... the box says if facial flushing occurs to decrease dosage next time... so not sure if i should take her to see GP or not????

Jordan's at daycare today... i've not had a chance to sleep but its just nice to concentrate on just 1 child. deancey i fully inderstand needing that quiet time... my jordan is a feral all the time... wish he'd go back to having a day sleep...

oh best be off Tiahna is awake again... GRRRR....

Better night last night but now i have the dreaded cold and so does dd. Hamish slept from around 11.30 til 3 then took awhile to settle after feed and woke again at 6 and then 8.30. He seems alot better today although just wants to be held all the time. I am aching all over and totally feel like crap really so i am hopeing for a good sleep tonight, i managed to express a bottle so i figure if i feed him around 8 then dp can give him a bottle for his next feed and i can hopefully get a few hours sleep.

Jess you poor thing, not sure what the pain would be from, have you tried feeding with Tiahna in different positions to see if that helps.
    deancey i know how frustrating it is when you cant put them down, hamish is like that at the moment, i cant seem to get anything done.
    Mecil well done on the weight gain it seems all is going well.
    LMK i have not stopped bleeding yet either, i have a couple of days when it is gone and then it comes back again. I have my 6 week check next week so i will ask the doc then as i am sick of it.
    Sarah i wouldnt be happy with that dodgy check up either, i was never checked by a doctor before i left hospital and had to ask for them to check Hamish on the day we were discharged as he hadnt been looked at either, but that is another story altogether and i have written to the hospital and my ob surgery complaining.

Best be off hamish is awake again

Well just got back from the GP... Its mastitis and because it hasnt gotten better over the 2 days the GP has given me antibiotics. My muscles are acheing and my head pounding... he said all symptoms of mastitis. although i dont have any red lumps or flu symptoms... Hoping by tomorrow all will be better... its so painful.... have tried everything i could before getting antibiotics but nothing was helping... he said if i didnt get them it could turn into an abcess and need draining...

Tiahna's reaction from the donnalix disappeared within 1/2 hour and she's been sleeping ever since... woke up when i got her out of the car and went straight back to sleep...

My DP is working night shift again would love to express and do like you are abb- would love a nice sleep. Tiahna screamed til 12.30 and then dp got hom at 1 and woke me up then Tiahna was up again at 2 then 4.30 then i had to sset the alarm for a centrelink appointment so was up at 6am getting everything ready...

Abb- hope you and DD get better... this damn cold seems to be hitting a few of us...

LMK- i stopped bleeding fr few days and DP wanted to try DTD and next day i was bleeding again ( probably my fault for not waiting the 6 weeks... ) then it stopped again and again few days later started again??? thought it was my period but seems like its stopping and starting. dodnt know that about the mini pill.. i have to start but i keep forgetting to. certainly dont want to fall pregs just yet...

best be off.. time to sit down and rest while Tiahna is sleeping and jordan is playing quietly... feeling like a nice warm cuppa...

Hi Everyone,

I know I've been MIA for a while. I do feel slack but we've not had a good week. On Tues morning I noticed a swelling in Aidan's groin region (above his "bits"). I was a little concerned so rang our paediatrician. Of course she was away but there was another standing in for her and he was kind enough to stay back after hours to see us. He diagnosed Aidan with an inguinal hernia - apparently 3% of boys get them and a higher percentage of premi's. Luckily the paediatric surgeon was in the area and came by and gave us a surgical consult on the spot.

So on Wed arvo my poor little man had surgery. They repaired both sides - the left was the worst and the right was just starting to herniate. Normally its a day surgery procedure but because Aidan technically isn't 42wks gestation yet we had to stay in hosp overnight for monitoring. He's recovered really well - he's on Panadol 4hrly (which is that really gross "cherry" flavour so he really hates that). He's been quite unsettled tonight so I'm guessing his poor little tummy is sore. The worst part of the whole thing was that he had to fast before the GA. I was told to feed him at 9:30am then be at the hosp by 1pm. When I got there the anaesthetist said the surgey should be at 3pm..... Aidan didn't get taken in until 4:30pm! Needless to say he was not happy. He was absolutely starving - it was pretty upsetting but I did ok. Luckily he dropped off to sleep just before they took him from me for the surgery - if he'd been screaming then I think I would have totally lost the plot.

Anyway, I'll catch up on all the posts soon. I hope everything's going really well with your bubs and the feeding and sleeping is going really well. Aidan's 4.3kg now so in that department we're going great guns!

Have a great night everyone!

Oh you poor thing and poor little Aidan... good thing you got it quickly and he's on his way to recovery... for you both.... how scarey it must have been for you my son had an operation for tonsils, grommets and adnoids at 2 and i thought that was bad but your little man is so tiny and precious... i would have been a wreck...

And no feeding for him must have been tourchure... you and he sound like you did really well under the circumstances... hope things are going well with you both now

Well we actually had a good night last night... Although we had difficulty getting tiahna to sleep she was finally sound asleep by a fantastic 11.30pm (great for her)woke up again at 3 back asleep by 4 woke up at 6 back asleep by 7 then wpke up at 9am and back asleep by 10... so doing well today... boob still quite sore but getting better
    Last edited by Je$$_84; July 5th, 2008 at 10:42 AM.

Oh my goodness poor little aidan. That would have to be the worst thing to go through as he is so young, i would have been a mess. And as for not feeding him that would have been horrible i know that i feel bad when i am driving in th car and abbie is screaming for a feed i feel bad. Atleast it is all over now and he is on the road to recovery. Hope that he gets better soon.

Jess i am glad that you had a good night last night, good luck with the rest of your day.

It is freezing here today its raining and just a miserable day. Abbie is still going well but now lachlan has a cold and i am praying that abbie does not get it.

Hope everyone is well

Nikki

well yesterday was a good day. We went to friends for tea. Liam slept whilst we ate, then fed and went back to sleep in the pram. Jordan slept in their kids bed as she was at a party for the night. It was nice to be out.
    Today he has been unsettled, took ages to settle tonight. Hopefully he will settle tonight ok as I am tired tonight.
    Our cubby came today so we are assembling it tomorrow, I cant wait for Jordan to see it all up he is going to love it

Poor Aiden I hope he recovers soon. I dont think I would have coped very well with a crying bubs and not being able to feed him.

have a good night everyone sleep vibes to the bubs.

Oh my goodness, poor Aidan. Glad to hear he is on the mend now though.

Glad to hear the boob is getting better Jess.

I wonder if Liam was unsettled due to the big night? Juliette doesn't seem bothered no matter what we do. We had friends over last night & got to bed at 1am, the noise didn't bother her & we were quite loud as we were playing board games.

I got miss Juliette's Chrissy presents yesterday, easy as. I got the Play Skool Discovery Dome & I so want to get it out for her to use now! I also got the Play Skool Infant Box set which has five different toys that I'll wrap up seperately for her. Less than $100 and she's done, gotta be happy with that

She started "talking" yesterday, I was getting a few ga's during the day, but when her Godmother came over last night she was talking up a storm. Soooo cute. And she's smiling more now which just melts my heart.

Oh & one last thing, what are you guys doing about contraception? Anyone just winging it & hoping for the best (either way LOL)?? We've decided not to bother with it which is a little scary! Zander took 26 months to conceive & we were booked in to the FS to organise IVF when I found out I was pregnant by a miracle. It took us 19 months & our first IVF cycle to get Juliette. So basically we're working on the premise that it is highly highly unlikely that I will fall pregnnt naturally anytime soon, especially whilst breastfeeding. Just wait, we'll end up with two that are like 12 months apart or something and I'll be eating my words LOL! We have three embryos left, so after I finish BF we'll discuss when to transfer another one.

Sarah glad to see that Juliette went well with your friends over. Its so good when bubs can sleep thru noise. As for contraception I have started taking the mini pill and DH has referal for a snip. I am not convinced that I want him to have that done just yet so will continue on mini pill for a while.

DH and his mate put up the cubby house for the boys today, it looks awesome. Its huge and Jordan loves it, even with it being empty. He will love it more with toys in it.
    Have a nice sunday night everyone, we are off to friends for tea BONUS no cooking again for me.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast