... 910111213 ...

thread: Babies Born May 16th-31st 2008 #6

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

just flying by to say Hi Mecil!! Welcome back!
    AND... for those of you not on facebook, we're moving to Brisbane in the next month or so. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Sep 2009
    Pakenham

Hey May mummies,

My bub was born in May 08 but on the 3rd so i dont really fit in here but wheres the thread for May babies born before the 16th, i cant find it?

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

hey mis! you look different! nice... and DS started climbing out of his cot aaaages ago, so we put him in a low single bed. Now he climbs out and into my bed, and falls out of that instead! Silly boy! If I had a dollar for every time he's bumped his head or tripped over wile running, I reckon I'd have enough to buy a new car by the end of the week.

I got no idea where the other thread is, but that's not unusual. I don't know where anything is right now! Too caught up in stupid real estate search pages. I WILL find a house this week. I have to, because the removalists are coming on Thursday! It's all happening very quickly, and I am so grateful that DP's new company is paying for removals AND packing, as well as our accommodation before we leave and for a week after we arrive. Oh, and our flights to Brissie. I don't know how we would do it otherwise.
    I'm going to be awol for the next couple of weeks, until we get moved and sorted. Hope everyone's well and happy. Take care!

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

oops. Double post.
    I still manage to talk too much, without even trying! Even if they had merged both the May threads, we still would manage to be the only ones nattering like this...

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Ok just took me 15 mins to work out who mum1984 was... AHAHAHA... Sorry hun... Havent caught up with any threads but hope things are ok... "how u doin" anyways... hehe

HS- welcome to our thread... Ur welcome to join... more the merrier.

No big beds here but T is trying to climb out so it will be soon. Lots of squeeling happening here... the voice has returned and it is 100% girls as... every little thing gets a squeel, dirty hands, bed times etc.... lol. T certainly has an attitude and shows it well... Starting to throw major tanties so were trying to get on top of it.

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Just a quick one from me.

Hi Kayla, welcome.
    Tracey - it took me a little while to work out who you were - welcome back

Jess, Tracey and Nana - can you lead me to the right places to begin MCN's, including which thread would be best suited to all my questions, . I've decided this time I'm not going to let anyone talk me out of it and doing cloth for both new baby and finish Cam's nappy days on cloth too. I want to buy in bulk though to save money and am a little overwhelmed with all the brands, yet not many places stock them to be able to check them out in person (at the same time). So far I'm leaning towards the Baby Beehinds, but not sure. My friend has given me some of her Easipants to try, I put the large on Cam, but they seem way to loose and didn't really like them. I want something easy to, so DH, Mum and Daycare can easily use them too - so considering All in ones I guess. HELP!!!

As for Cam, he is going well. He is still trying to say lots of words, most of the time I'm not sure exactly what he is saying, but I can see he is trying. I went to a mothers group catch up last week, hadn't seen their bubs in about 3 months, and 1 little girl was saying so many words I was amazed, she is 1 month older then Cam, but geez she was very clever and very clear too. Her mum is an ex child care worker, so we all blame the extra advantage she has there, lol. I've begun reading to Cameron every night before bed now, where as previously I was only reading to him during the day (though we have a picture book I usually go through with him when he is sitting in his high chair at breakfast, lunch and dinner).

He has not tried to climb out of the cot yet, thank goodness. But we are planning on trying him in a big bed by November/December, as I don't intend on buying another cot for the new bub.

Well better go start to get ready. So much for a quick post, . Most of you's probably have seen on facebook that today's the day, off to have our ultrasound. I've decided to find out the gender and I'm really excited now....I feel like a little kid on christmas day .

Talk to ya's soon.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Hi everyone!
    Just finished up at our last playgroup in Melbourne... bit sad! We've been approved for a rental place in Brisbane, and we're out of the house this Friday. Madness and mayhem. Aadi is misbehaving and clingy, and sleeping terribly, so it's very hard to get anything done. I'm exhausted.
    Bec - I'll email you some info that might be helpful re- starting out in MCN. Hopefully save you some confusion and money! I haven't dropped in to the cloth nappy thread in ages, but it can be mind-boggling sometimes. Good luck today with your scan. Have you had any feelings about whether it's boy bubbles or girl bubbles??
    right, must go. Stuff to pack!

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Hey everyone, has been awhile since i have been in, busy with setting up the business and also been sick. Seems hamish is only well a few days and then he is sick again lately. Haven't put him in a bed yet, not climbing so happy to leave him where he is for now. We are back to 2 sleeps a day again, somedays its only 1 but with him being sick all the time he needs sleep. No bottles anymore, he will drink milk out of sippy cup so will stick with that .
    NaNa arggh so annoyed we never met before you left for qld, we are off to Melbourne tomorrow but only for the night so no time, and i am sure you are super busy getting organised. Maybe at the meet up in Qld next year in June.
    Mis i couldnt work out it was you either, was thinking Jess for a minute there. lol
    Mecil glad to see you back on here.
    Kayla more the merrier on here, we can sure chat once we get going, actually jess, nana and bec that is.lol
    Sass, Nikki, girl - hows things with all of you?

Just a quick one from me, hope to get on and catch up more often

Jun 2006
    In the middle of Pink and Blue!!!

Hey ladies

I M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha i have been sooooooooooo busy lately, for those of you not on facebook, we have sold our house and bought a new one!!! Very Very stressfull time!!!!

Abbie has been good not really too much to report, BUT she is really whingy lately. She now climbs to the top of the outside slide ARGH it scared me the first time she did it but now she is a pro!!!!

The boys are well, school holiday's here at the moment so very busy!!
    Sorry its been sooooooo long and a few people have changed there names!!!

NaNa where is brissie are you moving too, sorry if you have already posted it i have not read everything

Hope everyone is well sorry dont really have time for personals, jsut finished packing 3/4 of the boys clothes and now need to move onto abbie's LOL thats a mission!!
    Take care all and hopefully i will come and post some more!

Nikki

Jun 2006

Oh just had a quick read, I sold abbie's cot last week, so she is just sleeping in the porta cot till we move into the new house and we wil buy her a big bed!!! She will be fine my boys were both in a big bed by now!! We are going to buy her a king single, something i wish we did with the boys!! Or even maybe a double not sure of the differenct, i know the price is almost the same!

Take care

Apr 2007
    gold coast

wow i havnt been in for ages. i tried to read through and catch up but kept gettin distracted so ill try my hardest not to mix everythign up lol.

Too many names changes hahahahaha i sat there for so long tryin to work out who mum1984 was then i was like oh read the post again and ull work it out.

hmmmmmm so jayda is onto tanties now too. she wants to walk everywhere and when she walks it has to be where she wants to go and if we have to go in the other direction she will sit on the ground then if u try to move her too fast she will lay and kick and scream.
    B4 i had jayd ai would see kids chucking tanties when we were out and i woudl be like omg get ur kid under control but now i feel so embarressed when jayda does it cause i knwo people will be thinkin the same about me lol.
    She is very strong willed to put it nicly lol.

we have 16teeth 4 of which r molars. she has just gotten over very bad tonsillitis so we r tryin to pry her off us as she has gotten used to being perminatly stuck to us.

i have started a new job it is on weekends. It is so full on but i love it. it is a wedding place. It is makin me wanna get married agian now. the worst thing is i see all the the ceremonies and receptions and see stuff i wanted and how good it looks and it is makin me not like my wedding more and more. i had the nightmare mother that had to have a say in everything and everythign i wanted she would complain about till i ended up giving up on the idea.
    oh and i have ended up hurting my hip. i think it is bursitis. I sit all day for daycare and then i started going to a personal trainer and then the new job so i went from sittin all the time to full on. bursitis is like a sports injury from pushing urself too much. It hurts when u sit or lay down, stnading is fine but i get sit of standing lol.

NaNa: where abouts in bris r u moving to? i am pretty close.

jayda has picked up talkin so much. she is starting to put some sentences together and she has heaps of 2 to 3 word together things. her fav thing at the moment is "naughty nayte" cause the daycare kids r little ****s all she hears all day is the word naughty or no and her cousin is nayte and she is obssessed with him.
    we have reached the NO to everything stage.
    ever since i have started workin weekends(nights) jayda has become even more of a daddies girl. last fri night i worked from 5pm to 2am then sat from 2pm to 1am so sat mornign i slept till 1030 then by the time i got up and had breaky/lunch it was time for me to get ready for work again so i went to have a little play/cuddle wit jayda and she was fulling pushign me away saying "no mum, daddy daddy" lookin at him liek save me. i was so heart broken.
    the money is really good so we r tryin to get the car loan paid off as fast as we can and that means i can drop my tuesday with daycare next yr i am so happy about that.

we r starting to ttc#2 after chrissy i so cant wait. i am still tryin to loose a bit of weight b4 then but when i get preg i am going to try to be really good so i wont put too much on.

oooo and i am obsessed with beanie kids at hte mo. i am collecting them for jayda. i feel so bad when we buy a new one and she wants to play and i am like noooooo you cant wreck the tag hahahahahahahaha. i had them out the other day writing down the ones i have so i dont get doubles and she picked one up and patted it really likely and i went to take it off her and she said "no gental shhhhhh" it was so cute. oh she said gental to everythign now too.

well i think i better shut up b4 this turns into a novel lol. sorry it is a bit of a me/jayda post but i really coudlnt catch up prop. ill try to pop in more from now on.

Apr 2007
    gold coast

wow i havnt been in for ages. i tried to read through and catch up but kept gettin distracted so ill try my hardest not to mix everythign up lol.

Too many names changes hahahahaha i sat there for so long tryin to work out who mum1984 was then i was like oh read the post again and ull work it out.

hmmmmmm so jayda is onto tanties now too. she wants to walk everywhere and when she walks it has to be where she wants to go and if we have to go in the other direction she will sit on the ground then if u try to move her too fast she will lay and kick and scream.
    B4 i had jayd ai would see kids chucking tanties when we were out and i woudl be like omg get ur kid under control but now i feel so embarressed when jayda does it cause i knwo people will be thinkin the same about me lol.
    She is very strong willed to put it nicly lol.

oh just seen the last post na dit reminded me. jayda is in a big bed now she has been for about 2 months prob. we ended up gettin a king single so it will be a good size for when she grows up and if she has a rough night DH sleeps in it and jayda coems in with me.

we have 16teeth 4 of which r molars. she has just gotten over very bad tonsillitis so we r tryin to pry her off us as she has gotten used to being perminatly stuck to us.

i have started a new job it is on weekends. It is so full on but i love it. it is a wedding place. It is makin me wanna get married agian now. the worst thing is i see all the the ceremonies and receptions and see stuff i wanted and how good it looks and it is makin me not like my wedding more and more. i had the nightmare mother that had to have a say in everything and everythign i wanted she would complain about till i ended up giving up on the idea.
    oh and i have ended up hurting my hip. i think it is bursitis. I sit all day for daycare and then i started going to a personal trainer and then the new job so i went from sittin all the time to full on. bursitis is like a sports injury from pushing urself too much. It hurts when u sit or lay down, stnading is fine but i get sit of standing lol.

NaNa: where abouts in bris r u moving to? i am pretty close.

jayda has picked up talkin so much. she is starting to put some sentences together and she has heaps of 2 to 3 word together things. her fav thing at the moment is "naughty nayte" cause the daycare kids r little ****s all she hears all day is the word naughty or no and her cousin is nayte and she is obssessed with him.
    we have reached the NO to everything stage.
    ever since i have started workin weekends(nights) jayda has become even more of a daddies girl. last fri night i worked from 5pm to 2am then sat from 2pm to 1am so sat mornign i slept till 1030 then by the time i got up and had breaky/lunch it was time for me to get ready for work again so i went to have a little play/cuddle wit jayda and she was fulling pushign me away saying "no mum, daddy daddy" lookin at him liek save me. i was so heart broken.
    the money is really good so we r tryin to get the car loan paid off as fast as we can and that means i can drop my tuesday with daycare next yr i am so happy about that.

we r starting to ttc#2 after chrissy i so cant wait. i am still tryin to loose a bit of weight b4 then but when i get preg i am going to try to be really good so i wont put too much on.

oooo and i am obsessed with beanie kids at hte mo. i am collecting them for jayda. i feel so bad when we buy a new one and she wants to play and i am like noooooo you cant wreck the tag hahahahahahahaha. i had them out the other day writing down the ones i have so i dont get doubles and she picked one up and patted it really likely and i went to take it off her and she said "no gental shhhhhh" it was so cute. oh she said gental to everythign now too.

well i think i better shut up b4 this turns into a novel lol. sorry it is a bit of a me/jayda post but i really coudlnt catch up prop. ill try to pop in more from now on.

Apr 2007
    gold coast

i am a thread killer

Jun 2006

You are not a thread killer LOL, i was the last to post and it took a few dayS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Um abbie does not really talk much she says mum mum mumeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and dad dad dadeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee LOL so cute, she says NO!! Cody and lachy which sounds like daddy! Notmuch else honestly, but she understands EVERYTHING I say. she is a good girl!! puts things away like i will tell the boys go and put your pillows in y our room and they dont so she does !! Mummies good girl!!!
    Anyway talk soon just popped in quickly!

Apr 2007
    gold coast

LMK: awwww thakns for quickly writing to make me feel better hahahahahha.

jaydas fav sayings r

naughty nayte
    lets go joe but comes out go go joe lol
    put it back
    dont touch
    fruit loops which come out gook gooks.
    dad at work

thats all i can think of. she is gettin very good at few word sentences.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

I'm back! In Brissie, on the north side. Not where I'd expected, but it's ok. Close to everything I need, and it's a nice house. So grateful my mum found a good place for us. She's been here helping out with Aadi today while we unpack.
    The last week has been an absolute nightmare with Aadi in hotel rooms. We were staying on the top floor of this place in the city in Melbourne before we left, and he just destroyed it. So small, and we couldn't go out coz it was so cold and raining. The tantrums got really amped up, and a bit out of control. Talk about embarassing! And this week we've had a suite in the city in Brisbane, and again Aadi's trashed everything. And again the tantrums are getting bad. He's so far out of his routine and comfort zone, it's ridiculous. I feel terrible, haven't had any decent sleep, and he keeps waking up and howling at me for hours every night. Hopefully things will settle down a bit now that we're getting sorted in this house. He's sleeping in his own room for the first time in ages. I just hope the neighbour's music doesn't wake him up. It's so loud, and bad!
    Right, I'll be back again in a day or two, catch up properly. Must sleep.

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Sass you are not a thread killer, i just dont post much in here lately, but will do my best to get back in.
    WE open our business this week, so exciting but scary also.
    Hamish talks alot too Sass, I can understand him alot more lately. When Maddi is at school he always says Maddi gone, or Maddi Bus.Daddy car is another one he says alot. He has started repeating words now and tried to sing. He copies maddi dancing and loves fooling around with her. I am over the tantrum throwing though, it seems to be getting worse, any other babies throwing tanty's?
    NaNa glad you have a nice place and are settling in up in QLD. Hope Aadi settles in for you.
    Hi to everyone else, hope all is well

Jun 2006

Just a quick one as i have to get kids ready for school!! Abb yes abbie does through tantrums, but i just try and ignore her as its always over something she wants and cant have. Or if she wants to be picked up which is alllllllllllllllllllllll day she will have a tantrum if i dont pick her up!!
    Although i am thankful that she does not do it in public, maybe she doesnt cause that is lachlans job LOL
    We went and looked at a bed for abbie on the weekend. We were looking at a king single bed a little bit bigger for more room for when she grows up. BUT double bed's are actually cheaper!!! so we are going to get a double bed. Just a question if anyone knows is there much difference in size between the two?
    OH and i only just realised that someone gave me a RAK!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL How slow am I!!!
    I was looking at when my membership expires and it was going to be next year about march and i looked and it says march 2011!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for whoever it was i really appreciate it, sorry if it took me so long, HAHAH I feel so silly not looking before!!!
    Anyway have a great day and I will try and get back soon.

... 910111213 ...