... 4121314

thread: Babies Born May 16th-31st 2008 #6

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Sass i noticed on fb you were expecting. I think there are a few from our group excpecting also.
    We will probably try just after wedding, i dont want to be pregnant when we get married, sounds silly when i alrady have 2 children but i get so sick i dont think i could get through it.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

I've been pondering the demise of this thread too, as it seems facebook has been the death of many things lately! Nobody seems to have time for anything else anymore!
    DS and I are going ok, and I'm still trying to get our lives in order. So much seems to have happened, but I don't know where to start to try and explain any of it... which is why I haven't come by here for a while. ExDP and I have separated officially, but the same week I asked him to move out, he lost his job. And he won't leave until he has another permanent job. Which is driving me insane. It is really awful having him around now, as the resentment and animosity he has towards me are very visible, and DS is definitely affected by it and responding accordingly. I still can't say if or when he will move out, since even though he has another job now, it's temporary, and he seems to be enjoying drawing this whole mess out. It's certainly not helping my social situation here since I can't have friends or family visit when Ex is around, as the vibes are so... urgh. I'm just biding my time, but getting exceptionally frustrated and increasingly bitter about the whole thing. It certainly makes things weird when I have my old friends from way back when come and visit, and they see how he treats me and just want to punch him for turning me into someone totally different, and being such a ... never mind. I'm trying to be the better person here.

Every other mum from my IRL mum's group in Melbourne has either had a second child already, or is pregnant with number 2. Except me. Ah well...

DS is doing great, regardless of everything. He has been a bit sick on and off for the last three weeks now, but I'm not surprised. Tummy bugs and coughs going round at daycare. It makes him quiet and very cuddly, so I enjoy those moments, even if it means cleaning up messes. We've been spending as much time as possible up at my folks' place, and he's just loving it more every time. He's chattering away in french and english, and even knows when to translate to someone, and sometimes asks me in a funny way, if he is using the right language with someone he's unsure of. He's quite the performer, too, and pretends to be shy or cross or happy and turns on the full-on facial expressions for each of them. Then struts around the yard in his gumboots like he's Robert De Niro or something... it's hilarious.
    I'm busy organising his birthday party for next weekend... there's not going to be many kids since I don't know many up here, but that's ok. My grown-up friends and family know how to get down to kids level and play! And the trampoline I got for my/Aadi's birthday is big enough for grown-ups. I love my trampampoline! heheheh...

Anyway, that's my news. You wont see any of that on facebook. All I did there was update my relationship status, which was strangely liberating, I must say! LOL

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi,

How is everyone? It was a nice surprise to see some posts in here again.

Yeah Abb- i agree, we should try and get this thread going again. Facebook is good, but we miss out on all the finer details don't we. As for the Gold Coast trip, i'd love to try catch up with ya's. I was thinking about coming to both the Friday and Saturday night do's. I know it probably seems silly, but i'm just trying to work out the parking/driving issue- as Surfers ain't the best for parking from what i remember (its been a while since i've been into Surfers at night and i don't want to be walking around from the carpark i know by myself), but i'll work something out. What are you's planning on doing during the days?

Sassy & Nikki oh and Nana now (almost forgot your up here now ) are you's going to meet up? It would be great to meet in person.

Nana- sorry things haven't worked out with DP- and that he is dragging it out. Hope he moves out for you's soon so everyone can get on with your new lives.

Sassy- how's your bump going? How many more sleeps til you find out what your having? I think i said boy on your facebook, but i'm now thinking another girl. Not long til you find out i hope- how exciting.

Sorry i haven't been posting in here lately. I wasn't sure if you's were still hanging around on BB. So i'd mainly been hanging around a social group of the bellybuddies for Josh.

All going great here. Josh is such an easy baby. He barely cries and always seems happy. He is a good sleeper like Cam was. Cam on the other hand is the challenge. Terrible two's here we come! but he is good most of the time, just likes to challenge us occasionally. Though its probably more of an attention thing, though i try to include him in Josh things. Even when feeding Josh i'll get Cam to do helpful things like get me a towel or tissue or turn a light on- which he always seems proud of after.

For Cam's birthday this year we are going to Australia Zoo. Decided not to do a party, i'm not a very good planner and i know he'll enjoy the zoo much more. We've told people anyone is welcome to join us there though- so grandparents (both sets) will come too. As for presents, so far i've got him a 'cars' themed ride on roller coaster. He'll also get a Mr Potato Head, and a new wiggles dvd. Not sure of what else yet, just picking up little things each week now.

Well thats all from me for now. Gotta get ready to take Cam to childcare.

Hope your all going well.

Bye for now,

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

everyone,

Just a quick one from me.

I was just wanting to wish all the bubba's a wow...where have those 2 years gone. Though some of our bubs still have about 12days til there birthday, T, Hamish and was there someone else who was the 29th as well? I just remembered some were a little earlier- i just can't remember what the dates are- is it Jayda's and Abbie's birthday's this week? And is it Aadi's next week? What dates are they again- i couldn't find it on your signatures. Oh and when's Stank's and Yasmeenia's?

Speaking of which- i had a look back at this thread trying to find that info on the signatures and saw that:-

Congratulations are in order to Girl 23 on expecting baby #2 how exciting hey? When are you due? Will you find out what your having?

As for us. Still going well here. Just had a quick question to ask- are your bubs as clumsy as Cam? I haven't really worried about it to much, but just wanted to check. Cam's legs have always got a bruise or 2. At the moment theres about 3 or 4 and they are beauty of ones too- ouch! He just seems to trip over his own feet or fall off things (like his little bikes- misses the seat sometimes). I just hope people don't get the wrong idea when they see all his leg bruises.

Well thats all from me for now- its taken all morning to post this cause of interruptions.

Hope your all well.

Bye for now,

May 2008
    Brisbane

Well, can't remember if I ever posted on this thread. I think I posted on the "due" thread in 2008 but that would have been for June as DD was a little early. Happy birthday to all toddlers. Daycare drop-offs are crazy, bedtime is crazy, mornings are crazy, weekends in the park are calm. Therein lies the crux of my daily grind. Oh, and Bec7, I figure that daycare has seen all the bruises before, so don't feel like child services is going to come knocking. Whilst I say that, I'm still approaching the carers and telling them how the bruises or cuts came about ("It wasn't my fault!!!" )

Take care all

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi Everyone,

Molly- I can understand the relief of those rejection letters- i've still got 8months left my 2nd lot of maternity leave (i was only back for 7months too- and it was only part-time...lol) and i starting to panic. I love being a SAHM- DH keeps saying i don't have to return but i don't think he quite understand how bills and money works. I'd love to find something i could do at home- or even just a different job that pays as good with good benefits like i get without the stress. I'll have to start looking i guess cause that'll be hard to find.

OldMate- i remember you from the 'due' in June 2008 thread- i was in that group. Thanks for the reassurance- i figured the bruises could be normal but just wanted to be sure. Theres just always so many...but then again DH and i are quite clumsy ourselves so maybe Cam has it doubly as bad...lol!

Thats all from me for now. Just taking 5 seconds break before i throw dinner together...geez its challenging to do with an active toddler and baby- while DH is still on his way home from work. I applaud those who work full time as well as do that, goodness knows my i'll do it when i'm working again...hopefully Cam will be able to help me more by then- he does helps me a little now, but its still minor jobs like wash the vegies- but then he wants to continue playing with the water- need to find other jobs he can do...lol!

Bye for now,

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Post It has been a very long time.

Hello Ladies,

It's me, Girl-23. I have not been here since telling you I have graduated. Some much has happened with mostly everyone.

Firstly, Congratulations to you Bec on baby number 2 and Sassy on your pregnancy and to anyone else who might be pregnant. I am so behind, I don't think I will be able to read all the replies from months ago. Nana - sorry to read about your split from your DH. Is there any chance you guys can work it out and take some sort of break? But do take care of yourself and your little one.

Nothing much is new with me besides from - I AM PREGNANT, with baby number 2. We are so excited. We also made the move to Melbourne. I am job hunting like a crazy person. I am so desperate for some sort of employment within my field or anything similar to it. I need to have some sort of experience (position) on my resume before the baby arrives. Fingers crossed for me. That's all from me for now.

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

The little ones have turned 3. Wonder how everyone is going?

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi Girl...how are you going? How's your DD? I'm on my phone so can't see sigs but did baby number 2 arrive? Details please! How are you going settling back in Melbourne? Did you find a job as you hoped?

Going ok here. Cam likes to challenge me alot like any normal 3year old i suppose...lol...but overall he is mostly good. I play solo mum alot as hubby's job takes him away abit now...and i think Cam understands that he has to help me, including doing what he is told to do. Not always easy, but it has been getting easier.

I have found recently Cam has become Mr Independent...has to do alot of things himself....choose his own outfits (i have to hide the things i don't want him to wear eg now its warmer his jumpers, long sleeve shirts and tracksuit pants...because if he sees them there is no negotiating...which particularly on work days i don't need...so out of site out of mind...lol!). He also insists on dressing himself- which is a huge help though...even got the button thing pretty much down pat.

Cam is loving his little brother. They do almost everything together. Josh copies Cam so much...I just love watching them laughing and playing (just not the fighting that comes with it...lol!). They seem to have the same interests- so it can cause issues if there is only 1 toy/book etc until we work out this sharing thing (moreso Josh). But they truly are best friends.

I am not sure who is still around. I have Jess, Abb (madham), Sassy, NaNa & LoveMyKids on Facebook so keep up to date with them on there....not sure if they do BB much anymore. If you would like to friend me on Facebook....just pm me your email address or name or i can pm you mine. Then we could maybe start a Facebook discussion...my BB group from Josh has just reunited actually yesterday using that...as most of them don't BB anymore either.

Well think its time for sleep...as long as Josh's stir just now sees him back to sleep (he still doesn't sleep through the night regularly).

Chat soon,

Bec sent this from her Samsung using Tapatalk.

... 4121314