... 23456 ...

thread: Babies Born May 16th-31st 2008 #6

Apr 2007
    gold coast

Nana: congrats on the sleep i hope he keeps it up for u.

LMK: ya on the steps.

Abb: wat tattoos r u getting?

how much are ur bubs eating? jayda doesnt seem to be eating as much as she used to when she first started solids. she is still having 3 bottles a day sometimes we miss the arvo one so i am thinkin of cutting it out soon. BUt during the day she has:
    Breaky 730: 1.5 weetbixs
    mornings tea930: 1 of the little yog the... i cant spell it the pete me yum lol dont laugh
    : 5 grapes in half or 1/2 a arroot
    morning bottle 1030
    lunch12 : 1/4 sandwhich (wont eat any other food at this time she used to have a jar of food)
    afternoon tea 2: apricot bar and arroot or 5 grapes in half
    afternoon bottle 330
    tea 530: abit over 1/2 cup of veg or wat we r having
    bed bottle 8.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

last night Aadi slept 6.5 hours, then woke up for an hour and a half before sleeping fitfully for another 2 hours or so. Still a huge improvement on before, but the tantrums and playing for an hour and a half in the middle of the night is a bad habit that's going to be really hard for him to break, I think! So it was the very first time DP and I had a bit of sleep in the same bed, in a different room to Aadi. Ever. I got up to resettle Aadi when I heard him crying, but he threw a tantrum, then bit me, then wanted to play up, so I cracked it and DP took over and spent the rest of the night in with him. Maybe if I'd been there to resettle him straight away it wouldn't have been so bad, but I really wanted to sleep in my own bed with DP for a change. It's been weeks since we spent the night in our bed together, since we've been taking it in turns to camp out in Aadi's room. I hate it.

Sass - that doesn't seem like much food, but if that's all Jayda wants to eat then she's obviously getting enough from that. I'm sure that there will come a time when I'll struggle to get Aadi to eat what I think is enough, but for the moment he has quite a lot:
    BF on waking (only ever one side) This is often at 4am, so I don't always feed him when he wakes again at 6
    7.30-8ish - about 1/2 - 2/3 cup porridge and stewed fruit or 1.5 weetbix with soy milk and fruit
    9ish BF to go to sleep
    11.30-12ish - about 2/3 to 1 cup whatever meal I give him. Risotto and vegies is a favourite, or soup and couscous. Sometimes he'll want more, so he has a little bit of fruit puree, custard, or a baby-sized tub of Vaalia yoghurt (though I've cut out dairy from his diet and mine for a bit now)
    1.30-2ish BF to sleep for afternoon nap
    5pm - about 2/3 of a cup of hot food. I don't often give him what we're having, as I cook pretty spicy stuff that he really wouldn't eat, and we also don't have dinner till he's gone to bed. Sometimes he'll have a cheesymite breadstick, or half an arrowroot biscuit, or a few pieces of arabic bread with peanut butter or promite in the afternoon, but not always. He'd eat nothing but bread if I let him, he just loves the stuff! Carb addict like me...

LMK - camping must have been so cool! Can't wait to take Aadi and DP! (He's not really that into it... city boy) That's amazing that Abbie is getting her first molars already, and taking a couple of steps. Wow!

Mis - that sleep pattern sounds familiar... all I can say is that it's going to take a lot of hard work and soul-destroying, mind-shattering consistency to break it, and then you'll just have XP mess it all up again. I think you need to call Tresillian, and just ask them what their program is about, what their philosophy is, and how they can actively support you and your parenting beliefs and style. If they can't work with your way of doing things, and can't support you in a way you're happy with, then it's thankyou, bye bye. Hassle your MCHN head office/manager for enhanced visits (at your home), tell them there's a risk of PND if you have to, and get some support. It's taken me so much stuffing around, trying to get GPs and paediatricians to do their job and dealing with useless MCH nurses and traipsing all over the city to clinics and whatever, and things are only finally starting to get done. And Aadi's sleeping better anyway! But maybe if you have a referral to a mother and baby unit (I think that's what Tresillian is?) and you can spend a few nights there, they will be able to help you out with ongoing in-home support. I know it's so hard to be open-minded about them, when it's all controlled crying, but maybe there's something else they can do... good luck, hun!

Apr 2007
    gold coast

well after complaining about jaydas eating yesterday she has picked it up abit lol.

she is babbling so funny the last few days like rolls her tounge as she makes noises.

it is very quiet in here.

well the shyt has hit the fan here today. if u can remember all my complaining about Dh's sis how she has a bub close to us and her bub is always favoured and she does nothign for it blah blah. well she is preg again. she is ment to be leaving the father but had to have another baby to get more money so she could leave him. i mean it sounds so logical doesnt it lol. i messaged Dh to tell him and he went off so i am not looking forward to him coming home. he is angry because she knew we were thinkin about trying (that was b4 i started the duromine so we have put it off for now) so like last time she couldnt be left out.
    I am so angry she cant look after the baby she has even with all the medical conditions bubs has. i just hope she doesnt drink and smoke and everythign with this one to give it a bit better start then first bub had.

sorry its a me post had to get that off my chest now i gotta go de stress lol

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Glad sleeping seems to be getting a bit better... well some relief for a few of you anyways.

Off to the baby expo next friday... YAY... appart from that not much exciting... Have to get DD's B'day stuff soon... have nothing.. .so unorganised but money is tight... (yeah yeah i hear u all saying what the?? all that cash on MCN's... LOL. i got a cash advance from CL... LOL... hence being able to buy MCN;s)

Sass- Chin up hun... your better off without help if u can do it... no one to Owe later on...

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Just a real quick one, if that is possible for me , as ready for bed as off to work again tomorrow. I just wanted to say hi and let you know I have been popping in and reading when I can, but haven't had time to post.

NaNa - sorry its belated...but Happy Birthday for the other day. Glad Aadi gave you a really good present....a good nights sleep. Hope it keeps going.

Mis - Glad you also had a good night sleep.

Jess - On the ADD thing, my brother was diagnosed with ADD too while at high school (but refused to take the meds at school in front of his friends, therefore his school work lapsed as a result) and it is also believed my dad was likely to have had it too (was never diagnosed by a dr, but my aunty who raised him believes so). Both seem to be ok now. I also remember one of my mums friends son also was diagnosed with it and they tackled it with a special diet, which apparently helped.

Abb - Hope you little op went ok. So what are you getting tattooed...don't forget to post pics on FB.

Nikki - Woohoo on the steps. Glad you had a good camping trip.

AFM - Cam is doing ok. We had a good night sleep finally last night- which was totally unexpected as he went down with a bit of a cough and expected him to wake every hour, but no he slept through til 7am. This is after a few weeks of 3/4am wake ups too, so for us its a woohoo. Not sure what's causing the wake ups...as thought it could be teething, but still only the 6 here.

He has not walked yet, but loving his walker. He is also getting game with letting go of things when standing, but only for a few seconds.

He is a little chatterbox too, though most is just babble. But he can say Mum, Dad, Hello, Bye Bye (usually with a wave), Tiki (our dog's name is Mystique, but we call her Tiki for short), Good Girl (refering to our dog, usually when patting her), Ga (trying to say Ta - usually said when we give him something like food or a toy), and I think he is trying to say Quack (as in a ducks noise...we have a few duck toys and i sing 5 little ducks at bath time). I think there is more, but brain is switching off now....will get back to you when i remember more, but they are the main ones.

Sassy, in regards to food - he has not been eating much either over the last week or so - very similar to your list - but he seems to have a bit of a cold so thats probably why. Usually though it is only a little more then what you've listed....I don't think he is a big eater...just depends on how active he is (kindy days are usually a little bit more though).

Well, so much for a quick one .

Better go and get some beauty sleep....don't want to be scaring the customers away tomorrow

Bye for now,

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Post So proud of DD.

DD waved 'bye bye' for the first time last night. I was putting her to sleep and DH waved goodbye to her, she looked, and did the same . I was so happy. I couldn't help myself. Since the age of 10 months whenever I said good girl she would clap because that is what I use to do to reward her. She hasn't stopped clapping since.

I will be back after I finish this assignment which is due on Monday.

Apr 2007
    gold coast

hello ladies

mis: glad the sleeping is getting better.

Nana: how is ur sleeping going ?

jess: ur only just getting birthday things now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol i am a freak adn had it all months ago lol. everyone payed me out when i gave out the invites months in advance lol. oh well atleast i have had somethign to look forward too.

speaking of having things planned early, DH's best friends GF found out a few weeks ago she was preg and i nearly have her baby shower planned already lol. she is the one that didnt know if she was gonna keep it or not.

Bec: yeah jayda isnt a real big eater but she is very active thats y i was asking everyone.

anyone doing anythign special for mothers day? dont think we r doing anything. I made mum ring DH the other day when shopping and ask if he wanted her to buy me something so i knew i was getting something and he wouldnt have a sook at the last min also so he thinks he has done well and kept it a secret. he says he never buys me anythign cause he never knows wat to get lol. I hope i dont sound selfish lol.

i am so excited we go away at the end of the month BUT it is gonna be soooooooo cold. i dont think i will listen to DH holiday suggestions anymore

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Sassy, r u a thread killer?? lol
    Hope you're all having a wonderful mothers day! The first for some of us...

Well, Aadi is sick still. We ended up taking him to the hospital early Thursday morning as he was screaming all night (yeh, more than usual!) and writhing around in apparent pain and distress. And he's all stuffed up and snotty. After waiting hours and hours we were finally seen and after a thorough examination told it's probably "just a viral infection" and there's nothing much we can do. We're keeping an eye on his temperature, but he's just so snotty and cranky. He's unable to sleep, doesn't want to eat, and throws a tantrum whenever we try to do something we need to do, like eat or even leave the room for a second. He sounds terrible because his voice is all husky.
    DP took me out for lunch today, but it was a very quick one because Aadi was yelling and complaining and being quite embarrassing. As soon as we get outside, tho, he's happy and laughing and waving his shoes at everyone! Cheeky monkey... he wont eat, BF or sleep now, so DP is carrying him around out in the yard. I should be vacuuming...
    So we had three nights of good sleep but now things are back to "normal". I can only hope that when he's over this horrible bug that he'll sleep again. We were supposed to go back to the chiro on Friday, but DP kindly lost my wallet on Thursday, and went to work, leaving me stranded without even enough money for a bus ticket! I ran to the train station where DP had parked the car (about 2kms) to check if my wallet was there, but it wasn't. Had to cancel the appointment and walk home again, where I found my wallet in the front garden!! Thankfully Aadi slept in the pram on the way home, because then we had to race out again in time to make our other appointment at the sleep disorder clinic on the other side of town. I gave him lunch on the train, which is a novel experience...
    I'm fed up with the stupid doctors at the clinic stuffing us around and being really unhelpful, and for this reason alone I really hope Aadi's sleep sorts itself out because I can't be bothered wasting our time going back there for them to tell me "keep doing what you're doing".

oooh well... that's a fraction of my chaotic week's story. Hope things are better for all of you!
    Abb - is Hamish better now? How did the birthday party go?
    Sassy - Tassie is going to be freezing! Do you have enough winter clothes?

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Nana - i hope Aadi gets better quickly for you and back sleeping again, they gave Hamish anti biotics and within 24 hours he was a different child.
    Bec - didnt get tattoed hamish was sick so had to cancel, i am getting an M for maddi on my foot and Hamish name on lower leg above my other one. I had some abnormal cells so my op was ok, just burnt a bit and was uncomfortable but i guess that is to be expected.
    Girl - yay Yasmeena
    Sass - omg i have a sister who is like that and it frustrates me so much, but my dp always says she isnt happy and we are so she will never win. lol
    Jess - have fun at the baby expo
    Nikki - how are things with you and Abbie?
    Mis tree - how is stanks sleep going?
    Happy Mothers day for yesterday to everyone.

AFM-Wednesday was Dp's birthday and his present was not ready grrr, i have an artist friend who is doing a painting of Hamish for him, she has not been able to finish due to her father being sick so poor Dp still has no present but he will love it when its done i am sure. Later that day Hamish had high temp and was very sooky, i gave him pain relief but temp never came down so when Dp came home we went to dr and he had a look at Hamish and said he had a throat infection, poor bubba it was awful seeing him so upset and getting his temp down took ages, so our kid free dinner plans for dp's birthday did not happen. I felt so bad no present, no dinner. Thursday we recieved a call from Dp's parents to say hi Grandfather was very sick and been taken to hospital again and more than likely will not go home, he has been ill for a long time but still not nice to hear. Then the weekend It was Maddi's 13th birthday on saturday, we had a party at home with 15 teenagers wow i know. I can't complain really they were very well behave and after the 3 hours a few of them said they didn't want to go home as they were having so much fun. Maddi thanked me this morning for her party and presents and said she had the est birthday ever so i felt very proud of her. So thats the happy part of the weekend. Saturday night we had some terrible news about Dp's SIL, she was on holiday in Darwin and had a horrific fall and is so very very hurt, she has severed her spinal cord and will never be able to walk again. I just cant imagine how she must be feeling and Dp's brother whom was not with her. Anyhoo when they can stabilise her they will be flying her back to Melbourne and we will visit, Dp is so upset as she has been with his brother for 15 years and she is a very active person normally. Sorry to right about this in here, probably shouldn't have but i just needed to get it out.
    Mothers day was pretty good considering and Dp put on a happy face for me even though i new he was still sad. I got a lay in and some beautiful flowers and a card, also something is arriving this week that Dp ordered so i cant wait to see what it will be. We had a fun morning looking at baby photo's of Maddi and Hamish. Then we went and watched my nephews play football. In the afternoon i went out for coffee and cake with my mum and two of my sisters (no kids), it was so relaxing and we had a great time. For dinner it was my nephews 10th birthday so we had a small family party for him. SO a very busy weekend and i am so glad it is Monday and hopefully the start of a better week. Sorry its long

Jun 2006
    In the middle of Pink and Blue!!!

hi ladies

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO EVERYONE!!!

Abb OMG your poor sil thats horrible, sorry to hear that, i hope she returns home safe♥
    I am glad that DD party went well.

Nana sorry to hear about aadi i hope that he is better soon for you, its really hard when there is nothing you can do for them.

Sassy yeah on plannng the baby shower how exciting!!! Tassie is going to be freezing but hey atleast its a holiday.

Abbie is nearly walking, she walked 11 steps from one end of the lounge room to the other on saturday!!!! She is taking 4 or 5 steps all the time and she can stand up all by herself now without holding on to anything. She has teeth coming up everywhere!!!! her birthday is on Sunday i can't wait, although i don't really feel like being around DH family. LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNG story but i had a really **** mothers day because of them and him. I would be happy to to have my family here but i know its not going to happen. Oh well sorry about that . I hope everyone is well
    Hi to everyone else i have missed sorry

Nikki

Apr 2007
    gold coast

nana: i think i am heyhere are a few threads i have posted in and then nothing lol.
    I dunno if i have enough warm clothes i have stocked up for DH and DD but yeah it hink i might have to get a few more things or atleast get stuff out from last yr to see if it fits (thats not gonna be fun lol)

abb: thats wat i keep thinkin to myself she must just be jealous and aslong as DH and i are happy its all that matters.

LMK: I think ur the first one for the birthdays. we are having jaydas party on sat even though her bday isnt till tues. dont let them ge to u hun hopefully the day will go great.

hope everyone had a good mothers day. i ended up cranky most of the day i was so tired from the wedding the day b4 and everyone seemed to want us to visit and all that crap that goes on.

jayda is walkin heaps now but only when we rnt looking or if we try to get her to walk she wont lol.

I cant beleive they r nearly 1.
    wat has everyone bought?
    i feel like i need to buy somethign else lol. but i think i have a thing with buying things at the mo lol.

i have kept the cows milk going and she is gettin better during the night. i think she just needed to get used to it. i am slowly adding more cows milk and decreasing the formula.

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Hi ladies, a quick note from me. I don't have time for personals but will definitely get back to everyone. At the moment I am at the library completing an assignment due this week. Thankful its not hard but time consuming. After that one more assignment to go and thats a group one. Last week I started Yasmeenia on cows milk. So far nothing more than 50mls is consumed. She is a cheeky little one, I love her to bits. Last night for the first time in months, she slept in her own bed. Finally, DH and me had our own spare. He slept well. He didn't notice her waking up at around 2am or 5am for a quick feed. I think she also enjoyed having her own spare the poor darling. She has a runny nose again - no thanks to daycare. I can't wait for this year to end. So far I have been offered for stage two of the recruitment process for two organisations. I hope I get more offers. I am still waiting. I am thinking about going to Melbourne in August so the family can see DD. Plus I could use a break from everything; cooking, cleaning, studying and just enjoy my time with my family. Anyways back to this assignment. Bye guys. I'll be back on the weekend to do personals and read what everyone has written.

Apr 2007
    gold coast

omg yesterday when i finished work and we went upstairs jayda walked around nearly the whole time. she crawled about 7times the whole night.

She has been sleeping pretty good last night DH got up cause she was hittin her head against the wall lol. i didnt even hear it i was having a good sleep for once.

I was lookin in the chemist the other day and there is this stuff called something like "daycare defense". it says if ur kids get snotty nose or sick that u put this in their bottles and it helps them get over it faster.

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Going to attempt another quick post.....though not sure if that's possible for me. So won't do personals except to say to Abbie - sorry to hear about DP's SIL and grandfather, i hope this is the end of the run of bad luck you's seem to be having.

Well nothing new really here. I think Cameron may have caught that gastro thing (DH seems to have it again). Cameron's had really runny poos and last night he threw up everywhere in his cot - but only did little stirs so I didn't know about it til he officially woke at 7am. He seems ok though - not grumpy - just looks tired - even with his good sleeps he has.

He has also been really sooky and cuddly - especially tonight before bed, he kept crawling over to either me or DH and wrapping his arms around us and giving us a big hug, with a little pat pat with his hand.

He did the cutest thing tonight as well - DH and I were both laying on the ground and Cameron comes over and grabs my hand, then picks up DH's and puts our hands together - he was still holding onto both for a moment. He then let go of our hands and looked at our hands holding each others - looking a little proud of what he did - so cute.

Question - of those who have started to introduce cows milk - how did you do it? Did you alternate formula with cows? Did you do half/half bottles? What do you give the cows milk in - sippy cups or bottles?

We are up to our last tin of formula (of ones I stocked up on a few weeks ago when it was on special) so was thinking of going into the cows milk. 2 weeks short of his 1st birthday shouldn't make much of difference should it?

Well that's all from me.

Bye for now,

Apr 2007
    gold coast

bec: jayda was having 210 water then her 7 scoops of formulas so for a few days i did 180 with 6 scoops then filled the rest with cows milk. now we r down to 150 and the rest cows milk. she doesnt seem to like the taste of milk. i tried her with soy milk cause she seems to be sooking a lot of a night when i gave her cows milk but she woudlnt even go near the bottle if it had soy in it. i have stuck with the cows milk and the sooking has stopped now. maybe have another tin on hand just incase he doesnt take to the milk straight away. i have been doing the milk for 3 weeks now i think.

well yesterday arvo jayda was really weird. she was laying around all sleepy and kept tryin to get up on me and sleep. when Dh got home and we started tea she laid next to her toy box adn didnt move for so long which i dont htink she has ever done wihtout being alseep then when we finished tea she was asleep.
    now this is coming from a kid that doesnt go to bed b4 830 and has the biggest sook b4 bedtime, so yeah i dont knwo wat was wrong. then she cried in her sleep all night. DH was gettin cranky every half hr when he happened to wake and hear her. i was awake all night. He kept yelling at me to shut her up and put her tosleep but it is hard to put her to sleep when she is ASLEEP lol.

Jun 2006
    In the middle of Pink and Blue!!!

Sassy poor jayda maybe she was having a growth spurt and having some growing pains in her sleep. Poor little thing.

Ican't wait for Abbie's birthday day, i bought a princess cup cake stand and i am making her cup cakes and decorating them with little tiara's on each one, it looks soooooo cute. Everything i have bought for the day is PINK!!!! Cups, plates,balloons,knifes,forks,spoons,bowls,serving plates LOL a bit over the top i know but she might HATE pink when she gets a few years older so i need to make the most of it now!!!!!!!

Bec i have not really started introducing cows milk yet i am a bit slack i know but i will just like sassy is how i did it with the boys but they never really liked it so hopfully she is a bit different

How is everyone else it is a bit quiet in here I WONDER WHY AND WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care talk soon
    Nikki

Apr 2007
    gold coast

lmk: lol you sound like me. i have bought everything in pink or princess. even the boys r gettin girly party bags lol. I am so excited. im tryin to think of pink party food. i am tryin to make mini food aswell so it is all bite size so hopefully less waste.

wat do u do if they just dont like milk? jayda loves yogurt so she is still gettin dairy but she just doesnt seem to like milk.

LMK: does ur ticker seem to be out by a day. i think mind should say 6 days not a week

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

I'm here... just too tired to think. Aadi's screaming all night again. Wish he would get better quickly.

... 23456 ...