... 34567 ...

thread: Babies Born May 16th-31st 2008 #6

Jun 2006
    In the middle of Pink and Blue!!!

Nana so sorry to hear that hope he sleeps better for you♥♥

Sassy i either gave them a little bit of flavouring with it, or my kids LOVE yoghurt as well, and cheese. So i was never overly worried about it. They have milk on their cereal and in their meals as well.

Pink food i never thought of that, any ideas????????????
    Watermelon
    Pink cordial
    Red Jelly
    Fairy Bread
    Strawberries
    red Lollies
    Anymore???

Nikki

And yeah my ticker is out by a day bugger i will try and fix it hang on !!!

Apr 2007
    gold coast

Nana: hope tonight is better for you

lmk; i am doign these tea cup things. you get a tic toc biscuit a mashmellow and a life saver, make up some icing to a thick paste and stick the mashmellow to the biscuit then break the life saver in half and stick it on as the handle. you can also put a freckle ontop of the marshmellow too.

musk sticks ( i coudlnt find any coles only had the multi colour ones they call fruit sticks)
    pink lemingtons
    pink marangs (sp?)
    creaming soda
    iced vo vo's or wat every they are called the biscuits with the marshmellow and the jam up the middle.
    mini up cakes with pink icing.
    choc spiders but using white choc and colouring it pink
    pink toffee
    instead of fairy bread you could get the pink sprinkle stuff or there is one that has pink butterfly shape sprinkles and cut bread into star and heart shapes

lol is that enough?

on the site for the magicalkingdom where the tickers are from it has a section for disneyland weddings they look so kool.

Jun 2006

Wow sassy you have heaps of ideas don't you !!! I can't wait to go shopping now for all the food, even though i still don't feel like having DH family here. Oh well as long as abbie has a good time i don't care. The weddings do look cool don't they, they don't have somewhere where you can change the time zone in which you live in so i just put abbie's birthday to one day sooner so now the ticker is right:-)

Take care
    Nikki

Apr 2007
    gold coast

well a quick one for me at the mo i am tryin to work and help DH with DD. she has a middle ear infection. we spent all night at the hosp last ngiht so DH took the day off to look after her. they forced the medicine into her now she is scared of it and keep throwing it up.

Jun 2006

OH NO Jayda poor little darling, I hope that she feels better soon:-(

Nikki

Apr 2007
    gold coast

well we got through today alright. she slept for 4 hrs straight today at sleep time. oh i wish that was a regular thing lol.
    she seems fine for a bit then bam she is all dopy and sooky.

LMK: i love ur pic in ur ticker she looks so much older in it.

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Hi Bec I had to come and answer your question

Yasmeenia went straight to cow's milk last week. I don't mix it with forumula only because she won't drink it at all. She never had forumula. Also, I haven't mixed it with water because I want her to get all the nurtrients and not half-half. She is doing better. Last night she drank 90mls - thats a record. I am still breastfeeding her too.

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

I had to reply again. DD had 200mls of milk today at childcare. I am so proud of her. It's so exciting. She has being wonderful on her sleeping too (sorry for the mummy's with bubs not sleeping well). Tonight she went to bed at 7pm and wakes up twice during the night. Once for a quick feed and the other time screaming for no reason and back to bed within 2 minutes. Finished my assignment today. I have no more to go; a group assignment. My exam is set for 10th and 18th of June. Not bad!

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Woo hoo to you too for getting into your course. P/T or F/T?

Apr 2007
    gold coast

girl: yay for the cows milk.
    Mis: OMG 6yrs that seems like so long. sorry i just skimmed through the treads so i dont knwo if u said it but wat course is it.

jayda is a bit better. i am loving all the sleep she is having. well it is during the day and not night but at night she only wants daddy so i am loving that lol.
    this mornign she woke with a rash took her to the hosp and the waiting room was packed so i left and rang the health line thing and they said it was just a non allergic reaction. It was so good she asked me more stuff then the hosp ever does. I think it is so good they have a service like this so the non serious things rnt blocking up the hospitals.
    we were the first one on wed night and we still had to wait 6hrs so there was no way i was waiting forever today. it isnt bothering her i just wasnt sure about it.

Happy birthday abbie i hope everything goes well LMK with the IL's. you could always accidently give them food poisoning lol.

can we get a list of who's birthdays a when i am so out of it at hte mo.

Jayda- 19th (tuesday)

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

I so cant believe this time last year we had members of our bellybuddies group already had babies or close to it... I feel like its gone so fast... I feel that all of you have become real friends... (wish we were all closer to each other... ) Or at least or kids... lol)

Well few of our bubs have celebrated their Big days... Klee's bub, Jodi's bub, Shazza's Bub, Sarah H's bub. (i am sure there is more but i lost my list when the puter crashed.

So to all the May Bubs...
    Happy 1st Birthday

Tiahna is racing round the house now... walking everywhere... she hates the car or highchair now cos she just wants to be up walking round... she is playing with DS so much now... And DS is loving it... he even asked me to "be pregnant" cos he wants another brother or sis to play with... LOL...

Not much else happeneing here...

Tracy- YAY on the course. havent read anything else... BBL for more personals

Apr 2007
    gold coast

jess: so cute he asked you to be preg again lol.

It is so annoying there are so many people preg at the mo that i know, it is makin me clucky but i need to loose the weight grrrrrr.

lol i was just sittin here lookin at the ad on the top of the page. it is the flea one and the faces look so funny on the fleas lol.

DH just to bub to the doc to make sure she is recovering. she ends up with a rash from the anti b's

just puttin some party pics up on fb.

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Cant believe this time last yr i was awaiting my EDD... where has time gone... Happy birthday to all the bubs who have had their birthdays...

Jayda is tomorrow who is next i lost my list... will try to find all the DOB's so i know as they come... felt bad when i missed a few or didnt see til i saw on FB...

Everyones bubs look so much older due to the hair factor... DD has less now then she did at birth... Waaaaaa.... but she was growing a patch on top and it was long but wasnt growing anywhere else and i had to come it over the front... so i sniped it off... looks all the same length now... which is .... short... like a clipper cut... i just want her hair to grow... she is walking round everywhere laughing playing trying to talk etc... she is a big girl except she is bald... lol.

Some of the bubs got some great pressies... DP and i looked today cos i still havent seen anything i can say for sure DD will play with... i have the fischer price pram but wasnt sue if she would use it... i saw a cute rocking unicorn... lol too cute but again not sure if she would use it... This age is so hard...

How is everyone else going...

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Happy birthday to everyone's bubs that I've missed already, and happy birthing day to all you lovely mamas!!

Mis - congrats on your course! That will be fantastic! WIsh you the very best for that.
    Sassy - How's Jayda doing now? I hope she's ok for her big BIRTHDAY tomorrow! I'm going to check out the pics in a minute.
    Jess - Tiahna looks just sooooo adorable toddling around with that pink fluffy toosh! IKWYM about finding toys and things that they're likely to actually play with... so hard. So I just got more clothes and fluffy mail! I have to get a gift for a little girl at playgroup (we're having a combined party next week) and I just don't know where to start. She's only just started crawling and is so... um... docile and placid compared to Aadi. Actually, most kids are, but her in particular!

We went to a friend's son's 1st birthday party yesterday, and it was huge! A bit overwhelming for me, let alone Aadi, who was into everything and being a hyper little monster... but afterwards he slept 9 hours straight, then cried for a bit, resettled by himself, and slept in his cot for another 3 and a half hours until 7:30!!! oh, bliss...
    My mum arrived last night, and we were out early this morning catching up with a friend in the city, and Aadi went off to sleep after a BF at the cafe we were at. He then slept in the pram for 2 hours!! We went shopping in relative peace, and I actually got to try things on. Nothing fits, but still... He's been a real grump this afternoon coz he was a bit constipated, then after finally going potty, his tummy must have been sore still, coz he cried and cried but finally fell off to sleep in my arms. I have to wake him up soon, since it's dinner time and our routine is all that's been keeping us sane lately. Especially since Aadi didn't sleep more than half an hour at a time on Friday night. He just screamed and cried all night. urghhh...

OK, I wont be around much this week, as I'm making the most of the time I have my mum here to babysit, and I need to get so much done before we go away. I can't believe it's Aadi's birthday on Friday, and a week later we're off overseas! I have had the hideous realisation that I have to get my jelly belly and moon-tanned pancake butt into a swimsuit, and that's just wrong. It's winter here, dontcha know?? I turn into a gothling as soon as it gets below 20 degrees! aaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhh!!!!

Jun 2006

Abbie had a great day yesterday, we had a little party for her with her cousin's and a few little friends. We had sooooo much pink stuff it was great. She got heaps of presents and was very spoilt.

Happy Birthday to all the bubs, and i hope all the parties and special days are wonderful.

Abbie is just about walking, she spent all day walking yesterday.

Sorry gottat run BBL for personals

Nikki

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Sassy - I had a look at your pics - is that car thing what she got for her birthday?

Nikki- Also had a look at your pics (obviously due to the couple of comments). How'd the IL's go?

Mis - Good luck with the study.

Jess - Just think how much you are saving from visiting hair dressers with Tiahna - one of my mothers group friends has had to take her 1year old to have hair cuts every few months from when he was 1month....imagine those $$$ you would've wasted on haircuts...now those $ can go to more important things like fluff

Girl - Woohoo finishing your last assignment and yay on Yasmeenia's good sleeping.

NaNa - Yay on Aadi's good couple of sleeps he gave you (shame on the rest of it though). Do you find he is 'behaving' himself more when your Mum's around (I find Cam is a little like this with my Mum, mainly around dressing time - where he squirms and cries for me - and is quite the opposite with her ). Hope you can get some rest in while she is here so you can be well rested for you trip.

Abbie - How you going with your busy May month?

AFM - All going ok here. We are almost organised for Cam's birthday. We bought him a trike (exactly like what Nikki got her Abbie, except green) - DH insisted on assembling it yesterday as he didn't want to be wasting time on his birthday putting it together - so I will just have to wrap up the box now I think. I'll have to keep a close eye on DH though, as I can see him trying to sneak Cam a ride on it before his birthday (29th May) . I've also almost got the party stuff ready, as we will be keeping it simple. We are just going to a local park (hope weather is ok though ) on the Saturday after his birthday and just have easy to make finger foods (as I have to work the day before - I won't have to much time to organise). I think I've decided to copy your idea Nikki (I had considered it, you've just cemented the idea for me) - of doing the cupcakes in the shape of a 1 - cause my practise cake the other week was a major flop

Cam is going well, except for the gastro thing he had last week. I kept him home from kindy Thursday and Friday, as he was still exploding both ends. He was still a happy boy considering though, just very tired and cuddly. He seems to be better now, though we've had a couple of wake ups over the last 2 nights, which is not like him - so now back to wondering if teeth are moving again (still only 6 though).

He is getting more game standing now, is quite often letting go and free standing for 10-15seconds. He has attempted a couple of times to stand up unassisted, but only gets past 1 knee up. And is also doing this hard to explain crawl, usually when he has something in his hand (but sometimes not hodling something) - its kind of a 1 knee and the other foot shuffle, then uses the spare hand to lean on. So figure we probably ain't too far away from a first step.

Thank you for the milk advise. I ended up buying another formula on the weekend (it was on special again anyway), as with Cam being sick, I didn't want to stir things too much. So as of tomorrow I think I'll start to try to introduce cows milk instead of formula at the lunch milk. We have been doing cows milk in his cereal from 7months old and he's also had a couple of other sips of cows milk before, so hopefully it'll go ok.

What are you's putting your bubs to sleep in?

Cam's not one to keep sheets or blankets on - kicks them off by the time I get to his door. Up until tonight - we've been putting Cam in some tracksuit type button-up PJ's, then putting the oil heater on low (his room was down to 13degrees by 2am without it). Tonight he is in one of those 'Grobags' (for 16-20degrees) with his PJ's, no heater. I'm wondering how he'll go, as he tends to like to move around usually and the Grobag might restrict him a little - guess we'll see. I already heard a little stir a moment ago, but didn't have to attend to him, so he sleeps ok in it, cause I think its a freat idea.

Well that's all from me. Might finally call it a night. DH said he should be home by 11, so thought I'd wait up for him, but seems he is a little later then expected (might be due to the heavy rain we have here at the moment - I could barely see the road on the way home from work tonight).

Bye for now,

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Bec- I use the sleeping bag things for T but she hates the ristriction also... as soon as she starts to wake she gets cranky and screams. I'm thinking bout buying the larger size ones for extra room... I also have a blankie in there JIC plus she likes to put her face on the soft blanky... lol.

Finally got tese cool cups i saw Sarah H have with Juliette... its a 2 handle cup with a special lid to keep food in but they can put their hands in and get stuff... Tiahna loves them... (pack of 3 from toysrus $10)

Well This day last yr i was due with Miss T...

Happy Birthday Jayda

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi again,

Just updating with regards to the sleeping bag... it seemed to be ok last night. Cam didn't stir again, except for the usual 5.45-6am thing - which as it was still very dark outside - I managed to convince him to go back to sleep - and ended up sleeping til 7.30am . And he felt nice and cosy, but not to hot in it this morning.

Jess - My mum actually got this one for me, and she got a size 1 - so it is probably a tad big for him especially as he is a smaller bub anyway, but still fits ok around his neck area (eg won't strangle). He seems to have a little bit of leg movement. I was expecting him to twist the bottom up a little and kinda trip when he tried to stand, but so far he hasn't had that problem

This time last year I was on my second day of maternity leave and still thought I had at least 4 weeks to go, .

Sassy - to Jayda

Bye for now,

... 34567 ...