Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008

That is so good, you most well make the most of it while you can.

Hey how do you get a new ticker that shows your babies age instead of countdown to be born?? I cannot find it in the Belly Belly Tickers?

Thanks Mecil

BellyBelly only has pregnancy tickers at the moment, so you have to get one from another site. Have a look around at some of the others on here, most have the website name on the ticker

Thanks Sarah! I will check them out.

We had such a disturbed night sleep last night. Bub woke at 11:30pm for a feed and we put her down at 3:00am as she had really bad wind and kept waking up screaming when we put her down for sleep. I felt so helpless, not fun and my DH was so good at settling her but when I picked her up to take her to her bed she would start screaming again. She eventually farted and all was good but took until 3:00am to get back to sleep, she then woke at 4:30am for a feed..... Feeling a little tired today!!

Cheers Mecil

Mecil sorry to hear you had a rough night with wind pains. I hope you can manage a few nanna naps in when Zali sleeps thru the day. I had to get a nanna nap in yesterday as I was tired from night feed and then early rise with Jordan ( 2 yr old)

Sarah WOW I am so envious of your little girls sleep thrus although I cannot complain with the sleep I am getting. I hope your wound heals over soon, it must be tough not to feel 100% and be looking after 2 kids. Are you getting a lot of help?

LMK hope all is welll with you and you are getting some good sleep in.

Well today we had MHN come to visit. Liam has put on 200g in 4 days OMG!!!!! I think he is going to pork up like Jordan did when he was BF. She was real happy with his progress and says we are all doing fine. I am so much more relaxed with it this time around.
    Boobs have healed which is nice. No more cracks or blood when feeding ( a huge relief )
    Jordan has been a little trying though, he is pushing us to see how far he can go. Today he sprinkled powder all over Liams room, hallway and TV in lounge whilst MHN was there. We didnt yell at him just sent him to his room. I dont want to give him too much negative attention as think this will encourage the bahviour further. He was a little ditressed at nap time so DH went in and calmed him down so now both boys asleep which is nice.

Take care everyone and rest up when possible.

Gosh Mecil, sounds like you had a shocker last night, hope you got a decent rest in today.

Nice work on the weight gain for Liam there! We have our first ECHN appointment on Monday so we'll see how missy is doing then. Zander is the same, he seems to have cabin fever & goes nuts whenever we leave the house. Hopefully both our big boys will settle down soon.

And yep I am getting lots of help. Aaron still has another two weeks off & he has been awesome. He's been cooking, cleaning, washing, changing nappies.... I wih he could be home all the time!

Sarah thats awesome your hubby has that much time off. I am grateful though that I have family who can assist when Jamie goes back to work. I hope Zander settles down for you also. I feel terrible for not having Jordan in his normal routine but we will get back into everything next week.

Well Liam slept awesome this afternoon. I fed him at 12 and he didnt wake tilll 5 for a feed and went straight back to sleep. My boobs are getting full so I hope he wakes about 9 for the next one.

hope you all have a nice friday night
    XX

Hi everyone!!

Looks like there are a few May 17th babies! My twin girls arrived on the 17th as well. My due date was June 3rd so they were 37 weeks 4 days - I was hoping and hoping they would choose to arrive early since I was booked for an induction on the 23rd.

I had a long labour - contractions started at 7am on the 16th and the girls were born at 2:50am and 2:58am on the 17th. Hazel Elise was 3020g (6lb10oz) and Imelda Lucy was 2900g (6lb7oz) and both are perfectly healthy. We weighed them at the chemist today and both are gaining weight fast which is nice.

Deancey - I hear you on the cracked nipples - ouch! mine is nearly better but still a little cracked. no where near as bad as last time though - thank goodness.

Anyway, DH and all three girls are sound asleep so it must be time for me to have a nap as well! Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Deancey, I think the normality once daddy ges back to work is when Zander will settle. At the moment with daddy home things are exciting & it's hard to keep the proper "routine" of the day happening. Though I think I prefer daddy home to a routine LOL! Nice work on the big sleep as well, I hope he did the same for you last night too.

Welcome Hannah, congratulations on having twin girls & such a great day to have a baby (or two)

Not much going on here, same old same old. Miss Juliette will be weighed tomorrow afternoon, but other than that nothing exciting happening. Getting annoyed with this horrid lochia, I wish it would just hurry up & finish. Though with Zander I had it pretty full on for four weeks and then light for the folowing two, so I suspect I still have a ways to go there. Oh & on the wound... It's not weeping anymore Antibiotics are obviously doing their job well.

sarah i am glad to see your wound is getting better that must be a big releif. i know what you mean about loving having dad home, I am not sure how i will go on tuesday without him, only time will tell guess.

hannahfroodo congrats on the arrival of your twins girls they sounds as though they are doing really well. I hope your nipples heal up soon.mine are back to normal now thanks to lasinoh.

well last night was the night form hell although not with th little one but big one. Jordan had an awesome day, Liam slept most of it so he had plenty of 1 on 1 time with mum and dad. He went to sleep at 7.30 with no arguement and we thought we were smooth sailing. THEN......Jordan got up at 10pm we thought sleep walking so calmly put him back to bed. After about get ups we knew he was playing around so we started getting tougher. It was after 2am before he finally got to sleep then Liam was due for feed at 3am. Jordan got up at 7am this morning so with all of 4 hrs sleep I had to get up and play with him.
    Luckily i managed a nanna nap this afternoon so am feeling a bit better.
    I am at my wits end with what to do with Jordan. I dont think he is getting neglected at all but he is still playing up, especially when Liam is awake. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Off to MHN tomorrow, will be interesting to see how much weight he has put on.

take care
    XX

Hi ladies

sorry it been a while good to hear everyone is doing well.

Abbie is the best baby she has slept through the night about 3 or 4 times which is great and worst case she wakes up twice.

Deancy the only thing that i can suggest is to get jordan envolved with helping with liam. Lachlan will get me a nappy and put the old one in the bin and those sort of things. Or have distractions for him like an activity to do whille you are feeding. Have them rady to go. It just takes time.

I will try and catch up some more. Time is precious these days.

Nikki

well Jordan seems to have settled the last day or so which is nice. We went to MHN today and Liam has put on another 80g which is good. He now weighs 4.368 kilo. He is doing so well with his feeding and sleeping. Last night was a little challenging. Liam had wind pains and I ended up getting DH up to try settle him. It took 2 hrs from start of feed to get him to settle. I am not sure if I ate something that would have given him wind, possibly the entire easter egg I ate OOPPS. Will try and watch what I eat to ensure we dont pass wind on in future.
    Well DH goes back to work tomorrow so will see how we go. I do have Mum taking Jordan for the morning but he will be back for lunch and his nap. DH usually home from work around 3.30 so should go ok on my own. I cant beleive Jamie is back at work already, time goes way to quickly.

LMK I am getting Jordan to help with nappies/wipes/clothes etc so this appears to be assisting in the transition. I am glad you are going well with the 3 kids, must be challenging.

Hope everyone is well
    XX

Glad to hear that Jordan is doing better now Deancey Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure the three of you will get into your own groove very quickly once Jamie is back at work for a few days.

Nikki, it sounds like you have a great sleeper on your hands as well, Juliette has slept six hours a few times overnight but pretty much goes to bed at around 10pm and has one wake up before we all get up for the day around 7.30am.

We had Juliette's weigh in today as well -
    Birth = 4485gm
    1 Week = 4240gm
    2 Weeks = 4320gm
    So she has gained 80gm in a week, but the MCHN was concerned that's she's not back up to her birth weight which is supposed to happen by the second week. Baby girl is on the 90th percentile, so I personaly don't think it's a big issue. She wants to come back in a week to check on her again & said she needs to be up to her birth weight by then (so put on 165gm), I asked what happens if she's not & she didn't answer. So we'll see.....

Sarah I think Juliette is doing really well with her weight. Liam got weighed today and he is now 4.368 kilo, he is 200 g over his birth weight now. It seems as though we have similar size babies. I cant beleive you are getting 6 hrs overnight at times that is awesome. I am happy with my 4 hrs though, I cannot complain.

I am finding though that Liam is more unsettled after a feed when he takes the right boob last.... he is more windy. This is my good milker so the flow is faster so I think he has to gussle quicker. Does anyone find this? That the are more settled from the one boob?
    Well think I will hit the hay early tonight.
    take care and will check in tomorrow
    XX

Good luck today on your first day with no Jamie Deancey. I'm sure everything will fall into place easily.

I'm starting to forget what six hour sleep looked like LOL! I put Juliette to bed at 11pm last night, she had fed around 10pm but was grizzly. Problem was the grizzles continued until 1am when I got up to feed her again. Then at 5am she fed again and at 7am. So I got about 5 hours of broken sleep. Really it's not bad for a newborn, but you get used to good sleep very quickly!!

Good morning mummies!!

well I will have to start paying more attenention to the boob sleep thing as my little princess has had 2 really shoking night sleeps. she woke at 10pm, 11pm, 1am then went down at 4am as she had really bad wind then woke at 5:30am, then again at 7:30am almost every 2 hours. Even during the day yesterday she fed every 2 hours, then last night she again had an attack of wind at 4am screaming until 5:30am, I do have one boob that is more full than the other and she slirps alot on that one so might be giving her wind, I will let you all know. She still fed every 2 hours though.

I am now trying a dummy to see if she is just comfort feeding or if she is actually a hungry hungry hippo that is she is making herself out to be!!

Does anyone else have 1 boob bigger than the other?? I have breast that gets rock hard when full and the other one never gets hard at all - still milk there though!

I am sure the big brother/sisters are just getting used to having another person to share their attention with it would be quite hard for them when they are so used to it being just them & you.

It sounds as though we have some very healthy babies all 4+kgs. My little one is now 4012grms so just passed her birth weight.

Does anyone else's baby have a pimply rash on their face? Zali has little red pimple looking things all over her face, it started off just under her eyes and now has gone all over her face and into her hair line. I thought they might be milk pimples but they are all red not white, she looks like a pimply teenager the poor little thing.

will chat with you all soon.

Cheers Mecil

Mecil the pimples are normal they are milk pimples. They will go away in time. As for the boobs my right is always fuller than my left and gets painful when full. SOrry to hear you had an unsettled night, its hard when they have wind pains and you cant get it up. Hope you are having a better day today.

Sarah I know what you mean about broken sleep. I was certainly used to having full night sleep with Jordan. It is a shock but for the moment I seem to be handling it ok. As long as I am averaging 6-8 hrs even if broken I seem to function ok.

Well today was 1st day alone but mum and dad came to help with Jordan. They put him in bath for me as I cannot lift him in and out. Dad, Jordan and I then played legos and cars all morning until lunch time. We ate lunch and now Jordan is asleep and so is Liam. So I will have a few hours to myself until Jamie gets home.
    Liam has been very good today. He fed at 11.40pm then 4.00am then 8.00am. He fed and was back asleep all within an hr roughly so that was good. He then slept thru till 12pm and was back in bed at 1
    I am finding that my lochia is really slowing down. I generally only have a bit whilst feeding at night, during the day I am getting nothing. Is anyones elses slowing already?

hope you are all having a good day
    XX

Well, it's about time I showed my face back here! I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to get near my puter in ages! My mum left yesterday, she's been staying with us for the last few weeks, and has been an absolute gem. While I lazed around getting bored, heavy and overdue, she took on all my nesting urges and cleaned my place from top to bottom, inside and out TWICE! And it didn't even need it... And she cooked, took me shopping, re-potted all my house plants, sewed clothes and slings, and gave me aromatherapy massages and acupressure twice daily up until the birth of Aadi, which was so easy now that I think about it (oooh, but you gotta luv that gas!). Maybe the hormones are making me forget, but everything's been great. Aadi sleeps 3-4 hours at a time, waking for maybe up to an hour for a feed, change and settle. I don't mind so much, and it's only now that he's getting to 2 weeks that he's having a little feeding frenzy and not settling so easily. So I had my first day-time nap yesterday. Having him in the sling in the daytime and sleeping in our bed at night makes it better for both of us, tho. I'm managing to get up and feed, change and settle Aadi without even waking DP, which he's pleased about as he's gone back to work. The midwife told me at the hospital to expect more frequent feeds at around this stage, so I'm prepared for that.

So we've been out and about, on the tram, train, to the city, restaurants, the museum, daddy's office (to meet the fan club!), shopping and strolling all over town. Breastfeeding in public has been easier than I'd imagined, though "parents rooms" are disgusting! What a joke.
    I hear you all on the lop-sided bb thing! The right one just sprays like a fire hose sometimes, and I accidentally got Aadi in the eye last night - oops! - but at least it's good for the little bit of gooey-ness he had there! But one bb has always been a bit bigger than the other, so I figure it's normal. Also, I ditched those horrible maternity pads after a week. No surfboards in my pants, please! Not necessary.
    The MCH nurse visited yesterday, but didn't bother to weigh Aadi (he was cosy and warm in the sling). He's feeding well, and doing great, so no point. Maybe next week. Right, off to the markets now. Gotta get me some snacks to keep by the bed for late-night feeds. I get SO hungry now and absolutely stuff myself, but I'm back into my old jeans, so it's all good!

NaNa - Sounds like you are settling right into life with a baby. I'm envious!! And way to go on being back in your old jeans! I still have a long way to go before I reach that point...

Deancey - Sounds like Jordan and Liam are both settling in well. My lochia is the opposite - hardly anything at night but a little more during the day when I am moving about doing things. But still, it is very light now so nice and managable. No mad rush to get undies and a pad in place when I get out of the shower anymore. I hate that bit!

Mecil - yep, my left boob is bigger and gets more full and sprays more than the right. I had terrible cracks on the right that took 3 months to heal last time and have a massive scar on that nipple so not sure if it's due to that or just because my left was always going to be the milkier side? It gives me a little bit of a logistics problem with trying to make sure each baby gets equal time on the 'good' boob though!! LOL

Sarah - Right now, 5 hours of broken sleep is sounding luxurious! But I know what you mean - you very quickly get used to 6 hours or whatever you manage to get and then you miss it when it's gone! I hope Juliette returns to her former sleepiness tonight for you. I hate the way the MCN put so much emphasis on baby weight. It causes so much unnecessary stress for mothers IMO.

Nikki - Abbie sounds like such a calm, settled baby. I have heard lots of mums say #3 is a charm - do you think she's easier than your others?

As for us - I feel like I am coping far better than I did with the newborn stage last time. If I just had 1 baby, I'd be getting lots of sleep and just cruising. But there's two! eek! They seem to play tag-team and take it in turns to be unsettled. They were doing really well for a while but last night Hazel was unsettled from her feed at 6:30pm until she finally fell asleep at 2am. She was screaming with what I think was a sore, windy tummy. Then Imelda woke for a feed at 4:30am, got her fed and settled and then Hazel woke again at 6am. Then my toddler was up for the day at 7am. So I got a total of about 2 hours sleep.
    My last baby never had problems with wind so I don't know what to do! I have tried every recommended position I can find - massage, walking etc etc. When Eleanor wakes up I think we are off to the chemist for some Infacol or similar - I can't take another night like last night!! Now just to figure out how to make it to the chemist with the 3 of them on my own...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast