Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #2

Default Babies Born February 2008 #2

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in February 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

hey girls,

i have to admit i did disappear for a bit. and i'm sorry i was trying to get used to having 2 girls. i didn't have anyone come help out so i've been trying to get a routine down. my mom couldn't come stay with me because she had to work plus she started getting sick (thanks to my dad). but we're starting to get into one now kinda. no one told me that breastfeeding would hurt but we're starting to get the hang of it. however the initial latching on still hurts like hell. but enough about me how are you ladies and your new little bundles of joy doing???

Prama - I did Jasper's nails today with an emery board; worked really well and not much chance of hurting him,

Mommyof2tob, great to hear that you are getting into a routine!! We are far from it at the moment, lol...hopefully soon!! I am hearing ya on the initial latching on pain, it kills somedays! I still have one bb that has a cracked nipple, but its getting better though! Noah has started to juct suck the nipple and not the aerola too, no idea why, that kills too, I seem to be taking him off alot just to get him reattached properly!

Prama, I have a teeny tiny pair of baby nail clippers that we use!

Bummer I have forgotten what else I was going to reply about! Will have to go back to the other thread

Hope you are all having a great Monday!!

Default Alexander is a chubba-bubba!

We had a visit from the MCHN today.

My little PORKER has put on 200gms in 4 DAYS!!!!.
    What a little chubba!

I'd had so much conflicting advice about my BF'ing - he should be taking the other side, you should change him halfway, he should take longer than ten mins, BLAH BLAH BLAH - well he's doing just FINE!!!

Hilary said i just have a good supply, a fast let down & an efficient feeder that can keep up (though mummy squirts all over him some times if he's lazy and takes too much time to latch properly... lol!) & he's probably feeding like a 3-6 monther (OMG !!!!)

Sorry to ramble, just needed to let out my happy vibes, was getting sick of people telling me things when i was sure i was doing the right thing.

I'll be back for personals later.

Ash - Mummy knows best!!

Woohoo Ash!!! What a little star!!!! (and a huge relief for you!!)

Lol Jordan has put on 400g in 6 days heheheh. We went from having to stomach tube his expressed milk to him putting on too much weight from feeding so well! I'm really relieved and am now trying to work out better timings for his BFing to back it off a little bit. I must admit the nipple shield means I have no pain at all, every feed I try without it but my nipple shape means its hard for him to latch on, hopefully we will get it soon!

Had the worst night last night, I only got 2 hrs crappy sleep, trying a different routine tonight hopefully we have a better run and I get a lil more sleep :-)

Hope everyone is getting some sort of routine going, it is such a steep learning curve hey! I thought I had read up enough on most things but every day he throws something new at me!

Hey Roquen, I hear you on the sleep thing! At no point last night were my DH and I in bed at the same time. We took it in turns to hold Ben as every time we put him down he started to cry! This morning I finally said stuff it, let him cry and within 2 minutes he was deeply asleep! Wish we had tried that at 10pm last night!
    I have been so worried that he has been sleeping so much and not eating enough that I went and weighed him this morning and he has put on 120g since Friday. Not as much as some of your bubs, but it is better than nothing! The little boy keeps falling asleep during feeds and I have to put him on the couch, wait 5 mintues for him to wake up and then put him on again. This makes feeding time take ages. I expressed with the pump earlier and got 60ml in 20 minutes. I gave him the bottle and he sucked it down, so at least I know that he is getting enough. I am determined to perservere with the bf thing this time, no matter how tired and sore I get.
    With my first child, at her 6 week visit to the paed I was told she wasn't putting on enough weight and so started comp feeding her and by 14 weeks she decided no more boob, just formula. My supply had dropped right off by then, so fair enough. With my son I weaned him at 11 weeks before he had his open heart surgery as I wanted him to be able to be fed whenever necessary in hospital. Besides, with all of the stress, my supply was dropping off anyway.
    So tempting though it is to just say stuff it and go to formula, I am going to give it a go!
    It is almost comforting to know that other mothers have the same problems as me. Most mothers make it look so easy and simple when they bf their babies, and I am jealous of them. But after reading everyone's posts it makes me realise that most of them probably had the same problems in the beginning as me and it is only through time and practise that they have gotten to where they are today.
    Anyway, Ben is down for the count, so I might catch up onwhat I have missed over the alst week. My c section incision is still causing me some probs. Looks very "yucky" and I am hoping that it will all be healed soon.

Hi girls, I just got of the phone to the GP and I think my infection wasnt an infection at all. Its actually just left over stuff cleaning out of my body . Gee it smelt bad though. Yuck. I didnt have that with my first c section.

Roquen / Ash, The bigger the better. You feel a bit safer with a baby weighing bigger. I have no problems with my babies weight since he was a 11 pounder.

Mommyof2tob, Great job. Its really hard to get things worked out by yourself. Jake was feeding every 2 -3 hours, and now Im trying to get him to feed every 3-4 hours.

Esme, I used the same for their nails. For some reason DS doesnt scratch himself as much as DD did.

MinKy*, Im just replying to this thread. It's just to hard to remember everything.

Kirsten, Its a worry with these big scars. At least they are down there where you cant see them.
    Last edited by 2 please; March 3rd, 2008 at 07:07 PM.

Katkins - thanks! will try to express more often, the problem is after all the feeding, i get so tired and dont want to look at the pump. but today the nurse said Laxman's put on 200g over the last 6days and is now over his birth weight, so we can feed on demand or every 4 hrs instead of 3. so i'll have more energy to pump now.

mommy - i know.. no one ever tells us how painful it is.. nothing in the ABA class, they make it seem so easy and natural. like bub know exactly what to do.
    hope things get better. it's hard isnt it.

esme - thanks! i think we have one in the cupboard, im a bit scared of using a clipper.

ash - that's correct, mummy knows her bubby best!!!

roquen - whoa!!! well done, even with nipple shield. and they say they dont get much with a shield! well done!

kirsten - are u on antibiotics for your c-sect.. hope it gets better, thats the last thing u need

karlie - glad it wasnt an infection... phew

time for bub's feed. that's what we're here for! lol

Love your new photo's Prama. He looks just like daddy. Jake looks just like his daddy too. (2 babies that look just like dad.DD & DS, bummer.)

LOL - hopefully when they grow up, they change and look like their mums!
    It's unfair when we do all the manufacturing for 9mths, and dads contribute 5 minutes! hehe

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments - i know it's 'normal' but i was doubting myself so much so it was good to have the assurance of the MCHN & his weight gain to back me up when i tell people like my mum to back off.

Alexander look like his Daddy too...! He has the Sewell-Family nose, but he really has the distinct look of Anthony with the rest of his face. Although Anthony says he has 'Sewell-ish Qualities'.

Prama - so good to hear about Laxman's weight gain - congratulations!!! You go girl, keep persevering, you are doing a FANTASTIC job!

Roquen - woohoo on the weight gain! That's awesome!!!!

Esme - thanks for the emery board idea, i hadn't thought of that, that should work beautifully!

Karlie - Anthony wishes Alex had have been born the size of my 1yo cousin, but he's getting more confident with him now, i can/can't wait for a growth spurt because i know it'll make it easier for Ant.

Kirsten - good to see you back, good luck with the BFing, we're all here to support you along the way!!!

Sorry to those i have missed, it's so hard to keep up on more than a days posts...

Hi there - i posted a couple of times recently but now i can introduce to you my new DD.

Amelie was born a week ago on 26 Feb at 5.27am weighing 7lb 7oz (3.38kg) after 26 hours of contractions but then emergency c-section again.

Feeding/sleeping going well so far but i know from last time that this will all change any time now!

Goodmorning ladies,

I tell you it is so nice having BB for re-assurance and support, i really wish i had it with my other girls.

Summer is going well so far, had a few BF issues to begin with, she was full of mucous so wasn't interested in feeding for the first 2 days, she still is occasionally throwing up chunky yellow stuff, which none of my others had so that was a little frightening. Up until yesterday i was having to wake her up to feed and she was not opening her mouth up enough so not attaching properly and pinching and grazing my nipples and geez don't they hurt! Plus now she has her appetite and making up for lost time she sucks so hard ouch!

Even 4th time BF it really is quite challenging at times in the beginning.

My hubby is definately outnumbered in this house but i think he secretly loves it. He has never been very interested in the girls when they were new but this time he can't get enough of Summer and can't wait to get home to see her, funny how they change as they get older.

Anyways sorry about the babble, kids are at school and my house is quiet and i am just loving it!! Plus i get Summer to myself for a while.

Hope you all have a great day.

Trina xo

Good morning everyone!

Roquen/Ash - Congrats on the excellent weight gain! The paediatrician told me that the average weekly weight gain is 150g, so it's really reassuring to hear that they are doing so well.

Kirsten - Sorry to hear that you were up all night. I hear you on the sore nipples; after four weeks of breastfeeding it still hurts when Jasper latches on. I have to say that he went through a few days of not latching on properly and just sucking the nipple, so hopefully it will improve soon. In the meantime we'll just have to hang in there.

Prama - congratulations on Laxman being back to his birth weight! And hopefully it will be a bit easier on you being able to feed on demand; you deserve it after having such a hard time and persevering with it!!!

Roya - Congratulations on the arrival of Amelie!

Carley - Glad to hear that you enjoyed a couple of good nights. It always makes you hope that they will be the go from now, only to be dissappointed the next night. Ah well, one day it will get easier and we will get that elusive full night sleep...

All girls - Good to hear that Summer has a good appetite, even though in might hurt the nipples. To see them put on weight is worth every excruciating second of it!

Hi to everyone else! We've got so many girls in this group; 18 all up!

We are doing alright. Had a reasonable night sleep with a grizzly/vomity period between 12 and 3. Lucky he settled down at the 3 o'clock feed and had a good sleep after that. Everyone reckones that DS looks like his mummy, but I can see certain expressions that are certainly his dad's and he has a red glow over his blondish hair, so it might just change when he gets older...

Hope you have a good day!

Esther

Lysander also hurts alot when he latches, I think it's a combination of me having big BB's, him having a little mouth and him being a bit too eager
    ... Yes, yes & yes!!! And then of course, if he does get on well he decides to just have a bit of a play and his hands get in the way and then we have to re-latch anyway...

Hi Trina! Summer is such a beautiful name! Hope the BFing gets better for you soon. Babble away!
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; March 4th, 2008 at 11:31 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast