Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008

Default Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008

This thread is for parents who's baby was born May 16th - 31st 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Well am i the 1st????
    Liam was born 21st May by c/section. He weighed 9.1 pound 53.5 cm long.
    He is feeding like a trooper and my boobs look like pamela andersons ( hoping they calm down soon)

Liams big brother Jordan is loving having him home and loves giving him cuddles.
    Lets hope more bubs arrive soon in May so Liam has some mates in this thread.

I had popped in here a few times wondering where everyone was!!

Juliette was born on May 17th by c/section as well after an attempted VBAC. She was 9lb 14oz (or 4485gm) and 56cm long, a nice big girl LOL!

Like you Deancey, I've got the Pamela Anderson look happening as well. Little miss is a great feeder and for two nights went 10pm-4am which was wonderful, but last night she fed at 10.45pm, 2.45am, 5.30am and 7am. She's still sleeping now though. I'm new to the whole breastfeeding thing so it's definitely a learning experience for both of us at the moment.

Sarah congrats on the arrival of Juliette WOW she is a big girl but I still think Liam is tiny and he is 9 pound 1. She is feeding wonderfully and sleeping well for you which is excellent. Congrats on doing so well with the feeding, it really is a rewarding experience. I loved it with 1st DS.

Well today my boobs seem to have settled a little. I massaged them in the shower this morning and heaps of milk came out but I got rid of the sore spots which is awesome. Liam is feeding nicely now although I do now have a cracked left nipple, oh well thems the breaks.
    He sleeps well at the moment. He fed 9pm, midnight, 4.30 and then 8ish. I am happy with that as we are getting solid blocks of sleep.
    My DH has been great and is now on his who knows how many loads of washing. We have drier going, clothes horse and line all with clothes, sheets etc. He is doing a wonderful job, I feel so useless but know I cant really assist just yet.I am folding it all as it comes in though.

Lets see some more bubs born soon to expand our little group.
    XX

LOL your Chinese laundry sounds just like mine at the moment!!! So frustrating not being able to do anything though isn't it. Aaron has been just awesome too, though today he got a day off, he has the VW Nationals so has had the day out playing with his car! I was worried having a full day with two on my own but so far so good.

I think I figured this sleeping business out If I feed Juliette at say 9pm and then give her another top up feed an hour later when I go to bed then she sleeps for longer. Last night we managed 11-4.30 a 1/2 hour feed then up at 8am. I hope she keeps up like this for a while!

We're having our first venture out today (other than dinner at my parents & the ILs last Thur/Fri). We're getting our groceries because the cupboards are bare at the moment. I figure I'll feed her first & then I won't have to worry about it while we're out.

Sarah sounds as though you have the feeding down well. Only 1 interuption to your sleep is excellent. Good luck with your 1st outing. I am sure you will be fine especially if you feed her just before you head out. Do you get a burning feeling anywhere in your tummy after the c section???? I do and am wondering if normal.....nurse said it was from all the pulling etc they do when performing the surgery.

Well we also did 1st family outing, we took Jordan swimming. He was so excited that Liam came to watch ( even though he was alseep the entire time). Liam slept well last night. Fed him at 10.30 then again at 2.30, 6.30 and then we took him to Jordans swimming lesson still asleep from the 6.30 feed.
    Jamie has taken the boys to coles to do shopping whilst I chill out. I find walking makes me sore, I get a burning feeling above my scar in the stomach area.
    The nurse came out today and Liam is doing well. He is putting on weight and is now just a few grams below his birth weight.

take care chat soon
    XX

Yeah I find the burning feeling to be in the muscles just above the wound, I suppose from them getting all stretched back to get bubba out. How' your wound going? Mine is weeping at one end & I'm on antibiotics for it Sad thing is though it doesn't seem to be getting any better. The midwife told me if it's not markedly better by Wednesday then I have to go up to the hospital to get it checked again.

Our outing was good, we survived! I fed before we left & then as soon as Juliette was out of the car & into the sling she puked everywhere. So I had to change her & get her sorted before we managed to do anything. It was nice to get out of the house but I'm super tired now. On a plus though I currently have two children asleep Maybe I should join them.....

Oh Sarah I am sorry to hear your scar isnt so good. I havent had any dramas with it so far apart from getting it caught to hipster undies and it bled slightly. Had it checked today and nurse said it was all fine.
    OOPs over Juliette puking just as you got to the shops typical I guess isnt it.
    I hope you got some sleep in this afternoon.

hi ladies thought i would pop in and say hi. Abbie was born on the 17th of may. We had a few drama'a she did a poo and was stressed was almost on my way in for a c section cause she was so stressed and i felt the urge to push so they checked and i was ready to push. 7 min later she was born screaming which was great. Her apgar was 9 then 10. Sh e was 7 pound 7 oz 54cm long. She is such a great baby, had a few problems feeding at the begining but she is feeding great now!

Good to hear that everyone is doing well. Sarah i hope that you are feeling better soon. hopfully get some more time to pop in.

nikki

Ouchies on getting your undies caught on your wound, that's gotta hurt.

Wow, well done on having bub naturally when you were so close to a c/s Nikki, sounds like it was a close call.

Well I must say I think there is something wrong with my princess - she sleeps LOL!!! She slept last night 11pm - 6.20am when my boobs were going to explode so I woke her up! Zander wouldn't have done a stretch that long until he was at least a year old and now at three he's only just consistently sleeping all night long. Chalk & cheese these two I tell you.

How are your other kids dealing with the new bubs in the house? Zander loves his baby sister & is very protective already, it's so cute. We had a friend over on Sunday & she asked if she could take Juliette home with her, Zander's response "No, not my baby sister. My mummy wants her." TOO CUTE!

Wow sarah our bubs must be both great sleepers abbie slept from 8:30 last night till 5:30 this morning and yeah my bbs were killing me when i woke up.

Cody is great with abbie he just adores her. Lachlan is doing so much better then i excpected, i thought tha he would be so jealous but he is not. We are just trying to give him just as much attention as abbie. I am so proud of both my boys.

Abbie is my best baby yet all she does during the day is sleep. She has an awake time in the morning and afternnoon and then sleeps great at night time. She has the smalllest little cry its so cute!

Not many people in this thread yet is it only three of us?
    Oh well i am sure we can talk each others ears off anyway lol!
    Have a great afternoon and hopefully and great nights sleep for all.
    Nikki

Juliette is the same, sleeps all day! She feeds, falls asleep, then stays that way for 2-3 hours until her next feed. She has an awake time in the evening for aroun 30 minutes to an hour but that's it. I never had this with Zander, he had reflux & spent most of his time very very upset so this is all new to us!

Hi ladies

Well today we went out to DH work to show off the boys. everyone loved them ( who wouldnt though)
    Liam did so well he slept most of the time and then I fed them before we left so he fell asleep on the way home. Jordan was a little difficult to get to sleep this afternoon as he was overtired but he has settled now. He has had a few busy days so he has been quite good considering
    Liam sleeping is pretty good. I am having probs settling him after his 2am feed. It took about 2 hrs to get him back to sleep which is an improvement from the last 2 nights.

Sarah Juliettes sleep sounds like a dream however I can imagine how ull you would have been after that long time. I hope she had a good drink when she woke up

LMK congrats on the arrival of your princess. WOW I cant beleive you ended up with natural birth so close the your c section. How are your boys handling the arrival of their new sister?

Not sure what happened last night but Juliette did not want to go to sleep, she just laid in her cot grunting & carrying on until 1.30am when I decided maybe she was actually hungry, which she was. Aaron kept asking if she was hungry & I got really cranky with him saying I can't read her mind

She's been really good today, we did the preschool drop off, hospital for my wound to be checked, visited my wok to show her off & then back home.... So a big day & she slept through the lot. Everyone was in love with her at work & my mum (I work with her) was so proud to show off her granddaughter

As for me, the wound still hasn't closed up so I've been put on even more antibiotics. Apparently because I'm aneamic the wound isn't healing as it should, so now I'm back on iron tablets. I swear I must rattle when I walk - antibiotics, iron, Elevit and thyroid meds. I suppose it's better than the last few weeks of pregnancy when I had dandelion root & EPO included in there!

It is tough on the bigger ones isn't it Tracey. Zander has managed two day time sleeps since I got home eight days ago. I think having daddy home kind of throws out the routine as well as us getting used to having a baby in the house again.

My goodness my girl knows how to sleep LOL!! She slept last night from 10pm to 6.30am when once again I *had* to wake her up before my boobs exploded. Even then she fed for half an hour & went back to bed for another hour. I dread to think what she's going to be like to get up & ready for school in a few years time LOL!

Hi Ladies

Sounds like we have some great babies in this thread.

Zali was born by C Section 16th May as she was breech after 10hours of labour. I was booked in for a C Section on the 22nd of May hoping she would turn but she decided she did not want to wait any longer. She was 8lb 13oz and was 54cm long.

All is going well with my C Section recovery, back to normal now, just have to watch when I get up after having a lay down cause the tummy muscles are not quite awake yet. DH has been wonderful doing all the house work and WASHING, I didn't realise how much washing one little person can create!!! I know what you mean about feeling helpless but all in good time.

Bub is a great little sleeper too. She wakes only for feeds then goes back to sleep,not much noise at all. Learning how to breastfeed was fun, I didn't know that she was not getting any milk after my milk came in, she would attach but she kept putting my nipple under her tongue so she wasn't getting any milk not to mention extremely painful and left both nipples cracked. We had to stay in hospital an extra day as she had lost too much weight, but all good now and she is feeding like a champion. She has now passed her birth weight. I am keen to learn how you get the baby to sleep all night though?? Bub feeds at 11:30pm then 2:30am then 5:30 am so basically every 3 hours even during the day, like clock work. I try waking her for feeds but she is so sleepy she just sits there with my nipple in her mouth sleeping, quite funny to watch.

We went to MIL for dinner party the other night and there was so much noise and people were passing her round like pass the parcel and she did not wake at all... she is such a great baby.

I think it would be so cute to have an older brother/sister to see the relationship devlope between the too, sounds like you have some doting siblings which is lovely.

Look forward to hearing about all the other bubs when they join us.

Cheers Mecil

Welcome to our thread Mecil I have no idea on how to get bub to sleep all night, this little miss just does it on her own, not like her big brother who took two years before he slept through the night!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast