Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008

Hi ladies

Welcome to all the newbies and congratulations on your bundles of joy!

good to hear everyone is going well.

Abbie is still sleeping like a trooper! But i am soooooooo sick of people visiting. My sil thinkgs that its ok to come over every day when DH is at work. Its not ok and i am sick of it, so i have decided that i am going to tell her that i just need time to my self. I enjoy being by my self and with the kids not having to entertain another child and her. I am so over it. Sorry about the whinge. had to get it out.

Sorry no personals the boys are wrestling and i need to go and be the referee!!!!

Nikki

well it has taken me 3 weeks to get into this thread lol.
    We have moved, had bubs, set up my business again in a new location all within the last 3 weeks.
    i will catch up wit personals from here i dont have the time to go back.

how is everyone going of a night time? jayda sleeps for 5hrs then every 2 hrs after that. but that is from like 930 so that gets us through most of the night.
    she started off in a snuggle bed thing in bed with us while we were moving, then she went to the bassinet beside our bed. i am tryin to get her to the cot but i am scared lol.
    Her room is so much colder then ours and i feel like i wont hear her even though i have the monitor, and she will be all alone in the big room lol.
    I swear mums r bigger sooks then babie most of the time lol.

Blah, just did a huge reply & madame did a projectile vomit, I hit the wrong thing & lost it

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Juliette is still sleeping pretty well 5-6 hours overnight then every 2 or so hours there after. Not sure if she's back to her birth weight yet, but we're getting her weighed this week. My scar has finally healed up, still getting twinges in the muscles around it, but that's to be expected.

Hi all - just thought i'd pop in- havent had a chance to update anything just yet or read about all of your beautiful babies. Have so much to catch up on... Just FYI- i'm sure sass filled you all in though...

My baby girl Tiahna Imogen was born on May 29th 7lbs 3oz 51.5cm long and H/C was 33. All is well she's been great- sleeps feeds- sleeps poops, sleeps... hoping she stays this good- although i think she's comming down sick- has a blocked nose... ARGH hope not yet... she's so little... be back later to catch up on personals

and also to post pics of course

HI Ladies

havent been online as internet wasnt working but we are up and running now, thank god. I was having withdrawels LOL
    Liam has been a darling. He is still sleeping really well and he is also self settling which is good. I am determined not to get into habit of rocking him to sleep like I did with Jordan, it was hard to break.
    I had GFs from BB over today with their kids, we had 8 kids total and it was fun but chaos. Jordan had a good time with his friends and Liam enjoyed being doted over......
    Just before I was putting Jordan to bed Liam starting screaming so I picked him up to change his nappy as it was dirty and he projectile vomited all over me. I still smell of BM spew, so not nice. He is sleeping now as is Jordan so I was able to get dishes done and one of my GF vacuumed for me as I am not meant to still.

Jess glad you could join us and so good to see Tiahna is a good sleeper and eater.
    Sarah I am glad to see your scar has healed. I still get some twinges too ( mostly after I do something I am not meant to ) Juliette is an awesome sleeper to go 5-6 hrs overnight, what a gem
    Sassy you also seem to have a good sleeper on your hands, well done. Its true the move from basinette to cot is prob more traumatic for mum than bubs......we are sooks, we dont want them to grow up
    LMK I know what you mean about visitors.....It is easier to just be alone some times, especially when you want to settle everyone in. Will she be upset if you tell her not to come over? I had my parents stop in the other day and I so wasnt up for it, I just wanted to chill on my own and not host them.
    hannahfrodoo well done on your outing but WOW at the length of time in parents room.... I can imagine all the looks you would get with twins and toddler. People are facinated with prams and always want to look in.

sorry to those I have missed take care
    XX

Has anyone made a list of all the ppl in this forum and the details of their bubs ??? just curious about what everyone had, names, weight etc???

Jess I dont think we have so I will start

Name : Liam Joshua
    Date : 21/5/08
    Weight : 9 pound 1 ounce 4.160 Kilo
    Length : 35.5 cm
    Head : 37 cm
    Other details : tongue tie ( although not affecting feeding) election c section

Name : Tiahna Imogen
    Date : 29/5/08
    Weight : 7lbs 3oz (3250g)
    Length : 51.5cm
    Head : 33 cm
    How:- Induced at 41.5 weeks
    Feeding: Breast
    Other details : Birthmark- pressure point (light but noticable between her eyes poor baby) also heamorages in the eyes from coming out too quickly
    Last edited by Je$$_84; June 11th, 2008 at 05:03 PM.

Ooh, me too me too!
    It's been ages... I've been a wee bit busy, but I'm sure you all know about that! Here's the particulars~

Name: Aadi Armel
    Date: 22/05/08
    Weight: 3544g
    Length: 48cm
    Head: 35cm
    Other details: Mongolian blue spots on his bottom and thigh (common in dark-skinned babies - I got a tanned one!)

Name: Jayda Belle Woods
    Date: 19/05/08
    Weight: 7pound 12
    Length: 50cm
    Head: 34.5cm
    Other details: red marks in the eyes. was blue when she came out from the cord being around her neck.

Wat is tounge tied? how do u tell and would the doc of told me if she had it. She dribbles heaps when she has her bottles i mena heaps prob more then half her bottle. I have to have a cloth nappy around her neck or everything get completly wet. we have tried heaps of dif teats and nothing has changed

Name: Hamish George
    Birth Date: 29/5/08
    Weight : 8pound 4 (3720g)
    Length: 49cm
    Head:34.5cm
    Birth : Natural Delivery

NaNa- i have heard of the blue spots- didnt know that was what they were called- i have been told its common with mum and dad being different nationalities??? not sure if thats true???

Also sass- i think tounge ties is the part of the tounge underneath like thepart that kinda looks like webbing??? i think its when this part is too long ???? well thats what i thought please correct me deancey!!!!

Also with the red marks in Jayda's eyes- thats what Tiahna has- there heamorages- completley normal in fast deliveries and also cord asfixiations i was told its from pressure... My little girl had them bad they were like purple now there fading like a bruise- red now then they'll go like a yellowy grey just like a bruise changes colour.

Also with the bottle feeding- sometimes even with slow flow teats the milk stil comes out fast- try pulling the bottle out a bit after a few sucks just to let her swollow and kinda slows down the milk flow she may be a slow drinker and need more time. i know i have to do it with Tiahna when i feed her a bottle- ( i have been trying to express - so hard to do it manually yourself and DP has been feeding her the bottle every now and then)

Name : Juliette Catherine
    Date : 17/05/08
    Weight : 9lb 14oz (4485gm)
    Length : 54cm
    Head : 36cm
    Other details : Breastfed, emergency c/s

I just posted a pic of Tiahna in my gallery if anyone is interested. Am trying to make a ticker with her pic now

Jess, yeah that's right. My DP is French, but Lebanese by heritage. He's quite dark-skinned, and I tend to tan rather than burn, if I ever go out in the sun! The spots look a bit like a bruise, but they'll fade within a couple of years hopefully. Don't want it to look like I've been hurting my little boy!!
    I think you're pretty accurate with your tongue-tie description, from what I know.

Sass, I don't know if the Dr would have mentioned it, or even checked for it. Maybe ask your MCH nurse? I do know, however, that even BFing is messy around here, and I keep a pile of flanny nappies on every armchair in the house and one over my shoulder all the time for the clean-ups required! It's normal for bubs to guts and scoff like little piglets at this stage, apparently. I don't know how that works with bottle feeding, sorry!

Name: Abbie Angela-Grace
    Birth Date: 17/5/08
    Weight : 7pound 7oz
    Length: 56cm
    Head:34cm
    Birth : Vaginal Birth only just!!!! They think that abbie had done a poo a few days before i went into labour with her.

Welcome back Je$$ your bubs is so cute congratualtions!!!!!!!

Hope everyone else is well in a hurry today i need to hang the washing out while abbie is asleep , she was really cranky yesterday

Nikki

Ok heres the list:

Name: Abbie Angela-Grace
    MUM : LoveMyKids
    Birth Date: 17/5/08
    Weight : 7pound 7oz
    Length: 56cm
    Head:34cm
    Birth : Vaginal Birth only just!!!! They think that abbie had done a poo a few days before i went into labour with her.

Name : Juliette Catherine
    MUM : Sarah
    Date : 17/05/08
    Weight : 9lb 14oz (4485gm)
    Length : 54cm
    Head : 36cm
    Other details : Breastfed, emergency c/s

Name: Jayda Belle Woods
    MUM : Sassy
    Date: 19/05/08
    Weight: 7pound 12
    Length: 50cm
    Head: 34.5cm
    Other details: red marks in the eyes. was blue when she came out from the cord being around her neck.

Name : Liam Joshua
    MUM: Deancey ( Tracey)
    Date : 21/5/08
    Weight : 9 pound 1 ounce 4.160 Kilo
    Length : 35.5 cm
    Head : 37 cm
    Other details : tongue tie ( although not affecting feeding) election c section

Name: Aadi Armel
    MUM : NaNa
    Date: 22/05/08
    Weight: 3544g
    Length: 48cm
    Head: 35cm
    Other details: Mongolian blue spots on his bottom and thigh (common in dark-skinned babies - I got a tanned one!)

Name: Hamish George
    MUM: Abb34
    Birth Date: 29/5/08
    Weight : 8pound 4 (3720g)
    Length: 49cm
    Head:34.5cm
    Birth : Natural Delivery

Name : Tiahna Imogen
    MUM: Jess
    Date : 29/5/08
    Weight : 7lbs 3oz (3250g)
    Length : 51.5cm
    Head : 33 cm
    How:- Induced at 41.5 weeks
    Other details : Birthmark- pressure point (light but noticable between her eyes poor baby) also heamorages in the eyes from coming out too quickly

Yes, Tongue tie is where the tongue bit that attaches your tongue to the botton of your mouth is far forward, Liam isnt really able to stick his tongue out very far. This can affect attachment with feeding and possibly speach. They advised us at the hospital that he was tongue tied so I am sure you would have been told if your bubs was.

We went to play centre today with playgroup and it was great. Jordan had a really good time on all the new play equipment and Liam was great. He slept for an hour or so and then I fed him. It was my 1st BF in public with Liam ( so proud ) went off without a hitch. When I put him into his car seat though he projectile vomited nearly an entire feed..... it was everywhere and he was SOAKED. I ended up taking him home like that and changed him when we got home. He is asleep now so I guess he took in too much.
    Does anyone elses bubs vomit ALOT. Liam seems to loose a lot of the feed but it still going 3-5 hrs in between feeds so I guess he isnt starving.
    Hope you are having a nice day everyone.
    XX

Juliette is a bit pewy, but nothing tooo bad. Occassionally she'll lose what seems to be an entire feed, but that might be once every two days or so, so not really that often. Most of the time is little possets.

Going to get her weighed in around an hour, wish me luck!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast