Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008

Wink

Hi ladies, i better add my bubs details

NAME: Emma Frances
    DATE: May 29
    WEIGHT: 2.95kg (6lb9oz)
    LENGTH: 49cm
    HEAD: 32cm
    OTHER DETAILS: Induced after 11 days, 15 hour labour. Now 3.3kg breastfeeding well and sleeping at 4hr intervals....but she is an angry baby she gets very frustrated anf dh has clocked her at 97 decibels when in full swing

princiepessa - so good to see you, i was in the clomid thread with you, so glad it worked out for you... congrats on your bubs

Jess - im also having a few milk issues, emma seems to drink me dry at around 6pm. So I have had to concede and give her a bottle for the final night feed, as she just wasn't settling. I was expressing but that wasnt producing enough, but dh is enjoying his time feeding her. And i am now known as the dairy cow

Can i ask a tmi question? If any of you had 2nd degree tearing are you having issues pooing? im so sorry to ask but my stiches were healing nicely but i bleed after every poo and they told me i didnt have heamarroids (spelling??) i might ask the nurse at my appointment on wed.

Sorry she is off........ i'll be back for personals

Lis xx

Good morning Mummies

Welcome and congratulations to the newbies can't wait to get to know you all.

Je$$ Yeah we DTD about a week ago and i was a bit scared but it was fine. I was a bit like you really in the mood so we just did it.

As for BF in public i have no shame i will do it anywhere. I do cover up with two blankets so nobody can even see what i am doing.

principessa76 i am not too sure on how to make bubs sleep longer through the night my babies have just done this by themselves. You could try feeding every 3 hours during the day rather then 4. Abbie feeds every 3 hours during the day and sometimes she does not even last that long. But at night time she sleeps for 5 to 6 hours at a time. Its worth a try but you might find he will sort himself out in the next few weeks.

Hope that everyone else is doing well and getting lots of sleep.

Nikki

i wrote a big post last night but the site keeps crashing. is anyone else having this problem?

Hi all,

Sass- no troubles so far, fingers crossed

LMK- sorry to ask but did you wait the 6 weeks or is it ok to DTD when you feel its ok and to go slow... I'm still bleeding slightly so i have to wait anyways but just wondering if you waited the full 6 weeks??? Also WOW on bubs sleeping 5-6 hours during the night, thats awesome, wish Tiahna did, some nights she's last maybe 4 hours but wakes up and starts screaming straight away,...

lismith25- Hi and welcome, kinda glad someone else is having few issues with lack of milk supply- it really gets me down, i may try the sup feeding at nights - may help her sleep also... I have given her formula as a last resort a few times but only after i have tried the boob and she's emptied them both out...

As for the pooping thing- with my first i had bad tearing- continous stitching they told me- pooping was a HUGE issue... You may want to try senna tabs to keep things nice and soft so its not to hard to pass... also as the muscles are stretched down there its probable blood from the tear... like its pulling slightly during the bowel movement... It will stop but only if the area isnt strained too often... Hope that helps...

Well Tiahna has been a bit sooky today... but has been sleeping well the last 3 hours... Might wake her to feed now and then she can sleep until i go to bed then i'll feed again to try and get some sleep in tonight... last night i was up 3 times, 12.30, 2.45am and then 4am then 7.30am.

Feeling ok- started on my tread mill today... only did 2.2klms but its a start. will have to try to keep it up, have SOOO much weight to loose, i cant stand looking at my body in the mirror. YUK... dont know whats worse, the saddle bag hips, stretch marks, jelly belly, flabby butt or fat juicy orange peel thighs.

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all managed to get some sleep last night.... or today.

deancey - Thanks for the thoughts on sleeping through the night. I hope Aidan will sort himself out soon. Aidan can be quite a noisy sleeper too. Good on you for getting him into his own room. I'm not ready to have Aidan away from me yet.

Je$$ - Boy you were up a lot last night you poor thing! I hope tonight is better for you. You mentioned stopping and starting during a feed. Aidan and I always stop and start. He'll feed for 10-15mins and then either detach himself or fall asleep. I'll then sit him up and burp him and do his nappy change then. Then he'll go back on for another 10mins or so. That's the routine we got into at the SCN and have just kept it - does drag out the feeding a bit.

Lismith - I remember you If I remember correctly you got your BFP about a month before I did! Congrats on Emma! Sorry to hear your having some supply issues/worries. I had a midwife/lactation consultant visit in the first week we were home and she told me that if you ever want to increase your supply you need to feed more often - the more milk you remove the more you make. I'm sure everything will sort itself out soon.

Re. DTD I have been really keen ever since Aidan was born. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.... I was under the impression most women didn't want to DTD after and I thought I was strange! We haven't done it yet - still having a very small amount of loss. Hopefully it will all be over in the next week - I'm so over it.

Just wondering, how long do all your bubs feed for? Aidan seems like he's a very fast feeder. I think my milk comes out pretty quickly too - I don't feel a letdown but I've had milk squirting out before I can get my nipple in his mouth! Grand total sucking time for Aidan is usually 15-20mins (he does go longer than this sometimes though). I figure this time will increase as he gets stronger. I probably shouldn't compare as I'll only worry that he's not sucking for long enough but he's putting on weight and settling well after his feed so he must be getting enough. We're weighing tomorrow so I'll know then how well he's doing.

I hope you all have a good night
    D

Hi everyone,
    Had a bad day today hamish was out of sorts all day, feeding every hour and a half and not settling. He only had a 2 hour sleep this afternoon and the rest of the day just restless all day and having small naps, it was very frustrating.

principessa my ds feeds only for around 15 min a time but on the odd occasion he will feed for 15min i will burp and change him and then he will feed for another 15min. I asked my maternal health nurse about feeding as i was worried he wasn't feeding for long enough as i have been told from other mums that there new borns can feed for almost an hour, but she informs me he is getting enough. At our last visit he put on 700g in 10 days so i guess he is fine.

Got to go he needs a feed again.

hi ladies

just a quickie from me tonight as I am getting ready to feed Liam soon.
    We had MHN app for 4 weeks today. Liam now weighs 5.060 Kilo. He has put on 700g in a fornight.
    I think I am going to have another chubby baby on my hands. I am not concerned though as Jordan evened out once he was walking so I am sure if Liam does pork up he will also even out in the end.
    We are still feeding 4 hrly although he has done a few 5 hrly stints.
    I am also expressing some feeds to Liam can get used to the bottle for when I return to work. He is taking about 125 mil EBM and seems content so the MHN said that amount should be fine for now.

take care and hope you are all getting in some good rest.
    XX

morning ladies hope you and your bubs are all well.

deancy - i am also expressing .... i want lily to get used to the bottle, but it also means that DH can do a night feed if i am really tired! Lily is feeding about every 3 1/2 to 4 hours, sometimes less... and she usually ony feeds for 15 to 20 min too. if she brings back up a fair bit she will usually attach again for another 10 mins.... at first i was worried that she wasn't getting enough but she is putting on weight so it must be good! in regards to diet... i have cut out chocolate but she seems to be better.... poor mummy is having withdrawals though! but knowing i can't eat it for her sake helps me not have any! it is better than any diet i have never stuck too!!!! lol
    as for DTD i am so glad to hear that i am not the only one who is anxious about it! i have stopped bleeding now, so would like to try.... in regards to waiting six weeks... i heard about a lady who was already pregnant at her 6 week visit, so i guess you don't have to!
    Je$$ - good on you for starting walking. DH and i - with Lily and our dog try to walk every day. we did for about a week then it has been raining since june 1 so haven't done too much. but i did notice my weight start to shift. with b/f and walking the weight has started to come off me. i am now back to the weight i was when i got pregnant (i put on 12kgs during pregnancy), but i need to lose another 5kgs to be back to ideal weight! hoping it starts to fall off for you too
    question - how often do you all go to the nurse? i have had one visit, and they made another appointment for 4 weeks later...? can i just go down or should you not go too often? i am just interested in keeping an eye on Lilys weight. we have tried to weigh at home but not sure how accurate our scales are with such a small amount of weight!

talk to you all soon...
    Al

HI all,

Well Tiahna didnt have a great night last night, Poor thing has a blocked nose still and can hardley breathe i tried to have an early night and fed her at 8pm and was in bed by 8.30. She was then up again at 10.40 then 2.30 then 3.45 and couldnt get her to sleep til 5.30 then she was up again at 7.50am.

Been tryong to express my milk so i can make more but its not really working, they dont refil back up. Dont really want to start full on supp feeding at night but may have too...

Was hoping the B/feeding would help with the weight loss but i havent noticed any weight loss at all just yet. although havent weighed myself either. Too scared... I put on 19 kg's this pregnancy.

principessa- your routine seems to be exactly the same as ours... feed one side burp, change and feed other side. seems to work but nights she's harder to settle she feeds for about 15-20 mins also not sure if she's sucking and not much comming out though.

well best be off have stuff to get done. have to do it while she's sleeping

Gosh, I've been slack at keeping up appearances around here, haven't I?? Sorry, I've been enjoying myself too much! Even the washing nappies business...
    Welcome to the newbies! Hope you're all going well!

Aadi and I have been keeping ourselves busy since his birth. We go for walks every day when the weather's nice, or stay home and play when it's cold or rainy. I don't drive, so we've only gone out in the car on weekends when DP is home. Even then, we prefer to go walking, and DP likes taking Aadi in the sling. He's sleeping less during the day now, and although he only sleeps for 2-3 hours at a time at night, it's regular like clockwork, and he re-settles immediately after a feed and a change. He has a feed and a cuddle in our bed early in the morning before DP gets up to go to work, and then we have a nice sleep-in together till 9:30-10! It's lovely.
    No probs with the milk, just a little too much, maybe. Have to sit him up slightly to feed or we both get soaked! Going thru breast pads like crazy, and heaven forbid I should forget to put one back after a feed! (impromptu wet t0shirt competition! noice!) But at least I'm back to my old size, pretty much. Just bigger boobs (and a smaller bum, which is weird!). Still got a tiny potbelly, but it's not much. After such a blessed pregnancy, and such an easy birth, I'm still wondering when it's all going to go wrong. Maybe when Aadi's teething? Or maybe he'll just turn out to be a neurotic, obnoxious teenager... haha!
    I read somewhere, I think on kellymom.com, that it doesn't really matter what you eat if you're BFing. It doesn't really affect your breastmilk, and shouldn't cause wind or problems in your baby, unless it's an allergy such as nuts or dairy product (or drugs and alcohol, of course!). So I'm eating plenty of chocolate, broccoli, spicy foods, all the stuff I used to eat before, and have had no ill effects whatsoever. Except that one night with the mushroom-truffle oil-stinky cheese pizza, but that was just Aadi being unsettled and overtired I think! Mind you, I don't overdo anything, and I eat REALLY healthily anyway (except the chocolate thing). I don't really care about the weight thing for me. Aadi is getting chubby, and I'm not, so it's all good! lol!
    Sorry, no personals - I can't keep up with you guys! Maybe later... Hope you're all wonderful, though!
    NaNa

NaNa you are so good to get out and about with Aadi, I havent taken Liam out in the pram yet, too cold and windy here. I know what you mean about going thru breast pads. I bought a bulk pack of Rite Aid breast pads at big w, they were cheap and the box is huge.

Jess sorry to hear you had a bad night last night, hope you get a better sleep in tonight

Alicia we see the MHN at 2 weeks, 4 weeks and then 8 weeks. I think its pretty standard with all MHN. You can always place bubs in the scales at supermarket (vegie section) to weigh. I have seen people do that.

Well today we had a good day, didnt get out with the pram though, time just got away from me. Liam has fed on average every 3.5 hrs today. He has settled pretty well though so cant complain. Jordan also settled well for his nap so I was happy to get some Mummy time this afternoon.
    Liam is due for a feed about 8.30 so will watch all saints whilst I feed and them off to bed i think.
    take care everyone
    XX

Hi ladiesI tried to post this yesterday but the site kept crashing....

Welcome all the new comers, I look forward to getting to know you all.

well it seems like reading all your posts we are going through some pretty normal things. Zali feeds for about 15-20 mins each time too. At night time we also feed, burp, change, feed, burp then back to sleep, usually takes bout 45mins all up. I am also having to supp Zali with a bottle at night as she just keeps sucking & is still hungry after 45mins-1hour of eating, so the bottle helps to settle her and she sleeps longer between the feeds too. Seems the well is dry by about 9pm.

I tried to DTD 2 weeks after but it was way too painful, didn't even get 1 inch in (Sorry TMI) then at 3 weeks also same thing. I spoke to the Dr who was shocked I was even keen for it but then realised I had a C Section so was less shocked. She told me that the uteris is still swollen and that I should not try again until at least 6 weeks and we would discuss this at our 6 week check up, so having to do alternative things for enjoyment

I have found out that I do have thrush in my nipples, which is also in bubs mouth. We are using Daktarin cream/gel to get rid of it, but gee it is taking its time, have been using it for a week tomorrow and I am not feeling any relief yet. I have also purchased canesten wash for our clothes so we don't get reinfected. Hopefully it will all be over soon

apart from all this we are travelling along fine and bub is gaining lots of weight so all good. She does love a spew though!! Even an hour after eating she can vomit, not sure if that is normal, maybe she is eating too much cause it is only during the day when she eats every 2hrs!! At night time she is fine, she eats every 3-4hours at night.

Anyway better go pick hubby up from work.

Will catch up soon

Cheers Mecil

on the breastpad thing have you ladies tried the washable ones, they are great, I bought 2 packs of 3 sets & this is all I have used since birth. Only about $19 per pack. Just chuck them in the wash at the end of the day and dry them & use again. Really comfy too. So soft on sore nipples. Worth a try.

Cheers Mecil

What's up with BB? keeps crashing on everyone, it seems.
    Anyways, yep, I tried the washable breast pads, but gave up after they were always soaked thru in about 20 minutes. It was a bit embarrassing discovering a wet patch spreading down my front while at the bakery! Lucky I had a jacket. The disposable ones can itch a bit, but I'll deal with it. Maybe I should try the bamboo or hemp ones... Or just strap a nappy to my chest! interesting mental picture...
    I'm staying home and doing laundry today, since I'm too tired and lazy to go out. I had a really disrupted sleep. Not coz of Aadi, but because of the bloody football! DP HAD to get up at 4:30 to watch it, and spent the better part of 2 hours swearing in french at the tv. Sad. Puts a bit of a dampener on the mood for DTD, that's for sure! Some other time, maybe.
    OK, feeding at keyboard - have to clean up and get myself some snacks now!
    BBL

Hi ladies,

well had an ok night last night, Tiahna had her last feed at 11pm and then woke up at 4am then DP got up to Jordan and Tiahna and i slept til 9am... was great. Today i have tried to wake her for more regular feeds after reading on the Australian breastfeeding site it can help increase milk supply by feeding more often during the day- even if its a short feed... Not sure if it'll work but am trying anything i can ATM...

Deancey- i too use the riteaid B/pads- nice and cheap and you get 60 in a box. have gone through like 2-3 boxes in the 3 weeks. plus i have used another packet of different ones.

Tiahna still has a bad blocked nose. poor things gets so congested in the late arvo when the cold rolls in. which is why we havent done the whole walking thing yet either... way to cold for her. Hence why i have been using the treadmill. hoping i can combine the 2 when the hotter wether comes back. trying for 2 klms on the treadmill to start with- takes me 20 mins- so unfit ATM....

would love to DTD... DP and i are going mental cant wait to start giving it a go again...

TMI*** but when will the bleeding stop... its been almost 3 weeks now- only light but still enough... DP thinks its weird that someone/thing can bleed for 3 weeks and not die.

I too tried to post a few times and BB kept crashing... so frustrating

Hi all,

Just hovering here and thought I'd say hi. Miss chatting to my old belly buddies as my little one Macey arrived 2 weeks early so we're technically in the 1-15 May group but there not as chatty as you gals.

Sounds like everyone is going well but just tired. Macey will be 6wo tomorrow- can't belive how fast the time has gone by already.

As for DTD questions, I have always been told that its safe to DTD before the 6 week mark as long as everyhting is healed ok before you try. As I have managed to recover well after both births, we only waited 2 weeks with DS but this time round waited for 3 weeks (only more so because we didn't seem to be in bed at the same time for the first 3 weeks) Had to arrange a 'playdate' in the end to find some quality time together. Of course we took it slow to start with but now back into it no problems so if you feel you're ready, then go for it. TMI:May just need help of some lube perhaps the first few times to help ease things along (IYKWIM)

Hope you don;t mind my hovering in & out of here as I miss chatting to my belly buddies so it's been great to see that you're all travelling well.

Hope you all have a great night!

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone has had a great day. I've been having trouble getting onto the website too.... I've been blaming our internet so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Abb34 - Glad to hear we're not the only ones having 15min feeds. Aidan's been settling well and gaining weight so I'm not too worried about it. Having said that he's had a few longer feeds in the last couple of days - 30mins - so maybe he's just maturing and getting stronger and will now start feeding for longer.

Je$$ - Sorry to hear Tiahna has a blocked nose. Aidan has had some noisy snot since he's been home but it doesn't seem to bother him too much. Does Tiahna have a lot of mucous that you can see in her nose? I've just bought the Fess "Little Noses" - my sis is a nurse with 3 small children and recommended it. I haven't used it yet but its some saline drops that you can put in bubs nose to thin the mucous and then a sucker that you use to suck out the snot as they obviously can't blow their nose. It will be very handy to have this if Aidan ever gets a cold.

Mecil & NaNa - Glad to hear I'm not the only one really going through the breast pads. I was hoping the boobies would have settled by now but they may be even getting worse in the leaking department. In the hosp I used some Johnson's & Johnson's breast pads but now I'm on the Pigeon ones. I really like them. They're very thin and have absorptive stuff in them (like in nappies and pads) that keeps moisture away from the skin so you always feel dry - probably not the cheapest though.

Beckstar - Congrats on your bubba and I hope all is going well.

Aidan's been really good. He's got a lovely nature and is quite a placid baby. His only trouble is he loves to play in the wee hours of the morning. I was up from 1:30 until 3:30 this morning. He was just up and wanting fun. I was soooooo tired but he was soooo cute. Also we weighed Aidan on Tuesday and the little tacker has put on 540g in the last week! I'm not sure how accurate that is though. We used different scales at the health clinic today. Last time he was weighed I'm sure he was actually heavier than the scales said so he's probably not put on quite that much. He now weighs 3590g (7lb14oz). So our little man is really catching up! So I'm definitely not concerned about the short feed times now - he's obviously just a little piggy and likes to eat quickly.

I hope you all have a good night.
    D

HI Ladies

well all is well here. I have started expressing into bottles so Liam canget used to bottle feeding also. I am not goingback towork till sept but want him to be used to it well before then so its not a shock to him when the time comes.
    We have started feeding 3-4 hrly during the day, mostly 3 hourly however he went 5 hrs and then 4 over night so I am not complaining about that. It takes about an hour to feed, change and settle overnight so the larger gap means I am getting more continious sleep.

Principessa76 It sounds as though Aiden is going really well with the weight gain, well done on the good feeding.

Beckstar you are so welcome to chat with us, you will always be part of our group. I thought it weird the month has been split into 2 halves. Macey is a litlte cutie. As for DTD I didnt realise the uteris would affect it so much..... I find it tight at the moment, didnt realise that would be the reason

Jess I hope Tiahnas nose clears up soon, poor little tacker.

NaNa hope you had a good day at home. its nice to have those now and then. OOps about the breast pads soaking thru, that would be embarassing.

Mecil WOW eating 2 hrly during the day, that would be exhausting. well done on keeping up with that. Its good though that she is going longer overnight for you

sorry to those I have missed
    take care everyone
    XX

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast