Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #5

OH MY GOD about the gum Juliette!!! Hopefully it was just a kid who ditched it, dirty just the same, but at least less chance of germs from an adult!

YAH at getting shortlisted, will keep fingers crossed for you )

The getaway sounded like it was good, glad you enjoyed it

Juliette - Ewww @ the chewing gum incident, I would be the same re freaking out about the germs, why can`t people just put it in the bin when they are finished chewing. Glad you had fun at Hervey Bay. Yay, Yay, Yay for being shortlisted for the position, do you know when your interview is?

It was fruastrating that Mark didn`t turn up in time for my OB appointment, if I`d known earlier I would have taken myself, he was down at the Dairy, he`s extending it toput a computer system through the dairy so it`s something that could have waited, he actually told me he wasn`t coming with me, just wish he`d told me earlier!!!!!!

My Doula came around today, she`s lovely reminds me a lot of Kelly which is nice not that I`ve ever met Kelly IRL but she seems to have Kelly`s views, she knows how much I want a VBAC and how I was diagnosed with a CPD (small pelvis) yet I have now found out how inaccurate the diagnosis for CPD are and if I have an active birth it will widen my pelvis by 30% anyway as long as I DO NOT birth on the bed. She wanted to know what did my OB say about me wanting a VBAC but I`m just telling him, I`m his boss afterall, I want to try my best at a VBAC and this is the best way I can find to go about it, it`s going to cost $900 to have her but what`s $900 if it saves me having a major operation. Bronwyn used to counsel women who had fears with childbirth etc before becoming a Doula, she`s only been a Doula for 6 months and loves it, she loves children and responded well to Matthew and vice versa, when I mentioned my c/s I realised how emotional I became, it`s obviously something I haven`t got over as yet, you probably now what I mean Juliette. Dear I have certainly rambled.

Lesley - Hope your feeling better soon

Belinda - How are you feeling? Hope the inspection goes well.

Shannon - Thinking of you today.

My bite was still stinging when I went to bed, this morning it`s no longer stinging but is quite red and swollen, still don`t know what it was, whatever it was didn`t like me!!!!!!

Dee: Glad to hear you like the Doula, and sorry to hear it bought up sad memories for you, its very interesting what you say about the pelvis, have a few friends who have been diagnosed with one and seems maybe that information was wrong?

Sorry to hear you were a bit frustrated with Mark about the appointment, hopefully you can sort out a better time to suit you both for next time

Hope that sting clears up soon too.

I am ok today, still not well but better than yesterday, inspection went fine, i had done most of it, except mopping floors as i kept getting dizzy so wasnt worth it.

Do you know of a website that hosts mpeg files? Want to put some clips i made on digi cam onto website for my mum to view

Belinda - I actually had a CT scan off my pelvis before Matthew was born and it was smaller then what it should be but after reading up lots on the subject since it can be very inaccurate as your lying down and everyone know`s that you shouldn`t give birth lying down so by standing up, kneeling squatting you open your pelvis an extra 30% then lying down.

Glad your feeling a little better, at least now the inspection is all behind you.

Sorry I can`t help you with the website which hosts mpeg files.

Matthew got into the bathroom drawers and started pulling everything out, he had pads, soap, ointment, shampoo and condition all over the floor LOL They are so fast. I gave him a bath after that, where he soaked Mummy again, he`s now crashed out, hope he doesn`t sleep too long otherwise he`ll be late going down again tonight, he was so hypo last night, I never thought he`d settle enough to go to sleep but he did eventually just after 9pm, then slept till 5am.

hello,
    i cant help with the mpeg files either, I know anthony might lol not that thast much help.

glad to hear the inspection went well..

on the small pelvis thing, they told me when I was pg with Josh that I had a very samll pelvis and there was no way I would get him out... my mum had a small pelvis too so I started to think Id have to have a C section, but they decided to let me go and said they'd give me an emergency one if need be, but lo and behold I gave birth to Joshua natrually and he wasnt overly small either, he was 7lbs 15 ounces.. head circ of 34cm's.. it did take awhile to push him out though, but still he came..
    then with Chloe I was worried again but apparently Joshua stretehced my pelvis because Chloe came out no problems at all and alot shorter and she was 9lbs 15 and a half ounce and had head circ of 38cm's.. so I dunno I think that if they wanna come out then not much is gunna stop em, or they just get the info wrong.

good luck anyway dee I hope you do get your vbac

i went to the gym today, felt pretty good cept now my toes arent very happy with me hehehe..

Lesley, great to see you around again! How's the gastro? Hope it's cleared up!

Deeanne, hope that bite's better now. Your Doula sounds fantastic! Fingers crossed you'll be able to have your VBAC with her support.

Juliette, sounds like you had a great time at Hervey Bay! Ewww @ the gum! Good luck for your job interview. When is it?

Belinda, great to hear the inspection went well. Hope you're taking things easy on yourself!

We traded in our car the other day and the sales guy repeatedly reassured us that their mechanics would be able to swap the carseat over for us but when we were there they tried to put it in the new car and they stood there scratching their heads for 20 mins. They asked me if it looked right and when I had a look I gave it a nudge and I could push it so that it was at a 45deg angle to the seat!! They poked around for a bit longer and then tried to tell me that it was because the seats were a bit deeper and that it would still be safe in an accident even though it was that loose. Grrrr. No way was I putting Kynan in it like that! I made them call RACT for us and DH took the car around and had their approved fitter install it.

Ggggrr at them and the carseat, glad you stood your ground on that one.

It is probally illegal for them to be fitting them anyways.

Hope everything else is going well for you

Hope you are feeling well today Dee

Still thinking of you Shannon and hope everything is going well for Jessalyn and the girls

I am feeling ok today, besides the constant aches in my bones! I feel sick because i havent eaten but dont know what i want!! Getting a bit of headache now too so better force something down i guess

Take care

Oh you poor thing, Belinda! I remember very well the feeling of being sick because you haven't eaten and yet not being able to decide what you feel like! I was in tears one day because DH offered to go buy me something to eat but I had no idea what I felt like LOL. Maybe try having something like dry bikkies, cheese, fruit, or yoghurt to graze on during the day just so that you don't get to that point of feeling ill from not having eaten? Hope you managed to find something you can eat!

rails Guest

Well i have finally caught up with the posts !! ... yay

Dee - How exciting to be having another BOY !!! ..... very happy to hear all is well with the scan. Hope the bite clears up for you ... could have been a wasp or bee ?? ... good luck with the VBAC, really really hope the doula can help you xx

Belinda - gosh how scarey to find Mason wandering around on his own .... the heart would have been pumping big time !! ... glad he was ok ;o)

Lesley - hope the belly ache has got better .....

Juliette - OMG @ the chewing gum !!! ..... & to also comment on the spider incident as i was away ..... a MASSIVE OMG !!!! .... i would have absolutely DIED ... totally freaked out .... (bit of an aracnaphobic here (sp?) .... thank God Hannah is ok from this .... looks like a bit of a pattern here with her , you have to have eyes at the back of your head ... little miss mischuf your girl ..haha .... hey good luck with the interview !!

Angel - can totally relate with the car seat fitting ... except with me i actually paid an RACV fitter to fit my seat when i was 8mth pg .... & the seat slid across the back seat ... he said it was because of the leather seats & would be ok if i had an accident as the belt will lock up !!! ....gggrrrr .... had to ring RACV manager to get it refitted - they just had to put a pin on the belt to lock it in place ... but if i didn't chase up he would of approved it for a newborn to travel .... gggrrr i was so angry ..... good on you for following up with RACT

Not much happening here .... little Jesse has his 4th tooth poking out now .... he is teething again for the 5th one ... a few unsettled nights here & there .... he is standing up heaps now ... & side stepping across the couch ... he thinks he is soooo clever.
    I have weaned him of the breast for his lunch feed (giving him alot of water) .... & putting him down to sleep was the test .... most days he has gone down well .... He is now only on the breast for the morning & evening. He was only having a very small amount during the day, so thought best to cut that feed as when he goes to day care he will need to learn to go down to sleep without the milk.
    Have sent the invitations for Jesse Baptism/b'day ... it's all happening, cannot believe he is going to be 1 ....!!!!! ...our babies are all growing up too fast xxxx

Thanks for the tips Angel Yeah i need to get some snacks to leave around, ended up having KFC when i went out, it was good

Oh and i found fairy floss, i spotted it from outside the shop and i said to Luke i am so excited LOL, but had a bit of Lukes on the way home and i dont want it now, oh well at least i found it

Rails glad you are going well, and yah on more teeth, Mason still has none is sight, but Luke is only getting his 2nd set of teeth on top now at 8, so hoping they end up with strong teeth later in life after waiting so long for them!

Otherwise i just went shopping and bought some new tops, but i dont know how long they will fit me for lol, but they will fit after if not.

Take care

Got a fisher price push along walker from ebay today for Mason and he took to it straight away, pushing it up and down the hallway, so clever
    He kept crawling back for a drink and then going back to it though, must be thirsty work lol.
    For 8.50 it was a great buy

Noticed since he was pushing it around he is walking more by himself, nearly covered half the lounge room walking.

Then he was just dancing to a song on tv, and i was watching him and watching the show and he was copying what movements they were doing, thought that was clever too.

Guess this post is all about Mason lol

Dee: Hope you are going well and your phones arent down again

Belinda - I`m here, I`ve just been really down since my OB appointment yesterday afternoon - you can read more about what`s happened in the VBAC/EBAC thread.

Sorry girls, I`m just not in the mood for personals atm but have read up on everyone and I`m glad your all going well.

Just read up your news from OB Dee, i am sorry you are so dissapointed, but it seems the replies you have recieved in there seem to indicate that maybe a change of OB might be in order instead. I hope you get the birth that you wish for.
    I have never had a c/s so wont pretend i know what your feeling

Best of luck with it Dee and hope you can find a solution that suits you in the near future.

rails Guest

Dee - just read your news .... I would be getting a second opinion if I were you, your OB seems to be very single minded. Try to stay positive as you are aware many women have a VBAC so obviously it can be done ... do some research i am sure there will be another OB out there that will help you :hugs: ..... Also, don't feel like you are missing out if it doesn't happen for you, you are still carrying this bubba & he is growing in your belly being loved from the moment of conception, having a VB is only a small part of the whole circle xx

Thanks Girls - I have contacted Tiff (tiggy) as she lives not far from me and is also a Midwife so I thought if anyone would know of a supportive VBAC OB she would, she`s given me a couple of names who I`ll ring on Monday. All I`m asking is for someone out there to actually let me try for a VBAC, I may or may not be successful but at least I`ll know what labour feels like, I just feel ripped off that I have no idea. I know some people would think I`m silly and would opt for a c/s being as some people call it the easy way out Pfftt at them there is nothing easy about a c/s and the recovery is just awful, I hated it.

Anyway enough of that - I had a dreadful day yesterday, Matthew woke up screaming, I picked him up. he settled, put him into his highchair for lunch, he started screaming again, I was just about to pick him up when he vomited everywhere, I never thoughtit would stop, the poor little man. Thank goodness he seems brighter today but is very clingy where Mummy is concerned, far more then usual.

Hope your all well.

Take Care

I think you will find that person who is willing to give it a go, best of luck with it

Wow at Matthew being so sick, glad he seems to be feeling better today.
    Hows the pregnancy going lately, not feeling too sick?

Take care

Rails, wow @ sending out Jesse's birthday invites! I still haven't thought much about what we're doing for Kynan's LOL.

Belinda, awww how cute that Mason was dancing. How's your m/s going?

Dee, I really hope you find an OB who'll be supportive of you trying for a VBAC. I hope Matthew is all better now. Poor little thing! It's so hard when they're not feeling well isn't it.

Kynan had his first waterbabies class yesterday. There were a few little whimpers in the first 5-10mins but he settled into really quickly and then had a ball! Unfortunately we rushed out of the house thinking we were late and forgot the camera LOL. Got there to find we were in fact half an hour early but as we live so far away we didn't have time to go back.

Sorry to hear you forgot the camera Angel
    Glad the class went well in the end though

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast