Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #11

Jemima - yeah Lachie is on Losec too and now also Domperidone for his chucking up, but that formula sounds interesting is it an over the counter formula. We tried him initially on Karicare Sensicare HA AR and he had a reaction and then they diagnosed Cows Milk Protein Intolerance. So then we went to a prescription formula Neocate and now he is on S26 HA. The HA means hyrdrolised for sensitive stomachs and allergies. I might give that Ellecare a go, haven't heard of that one before.

Elecare is prescription only i think - the paed needs to get govt approval or medicare approval before prescribing - at least thats what ours did. It tastes and smells horrible so I was sceptical as to whether jesse would take it but once we were on it he began to feed much better, was more settled and at times slept better. We also went to a baby chiro who did some adjustments to Jesse on areas of his body that were related to feeding - it was really amazing that by feeling certain parts of Jesses body and mine the chiro was able to say that there were some weaknesses in a particular area that may have been contributing to all of his issues. It is really hard to explain but we found it worth while. We just got to the stage where we were willing to give anything a go.

I've heard lots of people say a chiro is worth a go. We used to use elecare at the Kids Hospital. You're right Jemima it's awful!

Well I did get lunch but a cry on the last bite meant no lingering.....ah well this time it wasn't such a fight. So now all that's left is ironing....woohoo.
    ETA Sheree I did a bit of research and found that for the majority of people who discuss this drug they say it takes about 6 weeks to work properly.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; October 23rd, 2006 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks Jemima - will have to ask paed about that one, he had us on Neocate (which was also prescription) and it was horrible too, but he liked it for a short while and then started to refuse it, one day he drank 250mls in one day. But he is starting to refuse this one also now, so we just aren't winning at all.

Thanks so much Kim for that research, atleast if I know that I will persist giving it now, ta really appreciate that.

Talking

OMG Ryan has his first tooth and number 2 should be here in the next day or 2
    i was feeding him and i felt a sharp twinge :eek: and yup a lone little toothypeg and a white lump along side no wonder his been mister miserable

YAY Ryan!!!! That's great news Shazz!

Way to go Ryan

YAY RYAN!! I hope the next one doesn’t cause you too much pain!

Sheree: I knew what you meant, but looking at that list I am very surprised avocado and apricots are on the pre 6mth list (not that I’m doubting ‘the list’ LOL). I’m not giving Jayden solids until 6mths hopefully but then we aren’t BF’ing much anymore so who knows. Sheree if that domperidone isn’t working for Lachie send them my way LOL

Kim: I hope you can get the first 6 weeks off that would be great! I wish I could still exclusively BF….I am just so over it though, I am sick of seeing ppl about it and expressing and feeding every 2hrs or more to increase my supply….I’m feeding him his first feed in the morning and then again at around 6pm that’s all…I’ll just let myself dry up whenever now.

Jemima: How has your day been….Great that it was sunny in Adelaide…It has been so windy up here sunny still but the wind is a bit cold….Maybe I’m too week LOL

Shazz: That is one reason I am ok with giving up BF’ing….I don’t want to feel teeth!! LOL

Well…..I survived my first day back at work, I didn’t get any calls from DP nor did I make any to DP. The first hour dragged I remember looking at the clock and it was only 10.38am! The rest of the day flew though. To my surprise I did remember most of the system and in my last half hour I pressed the wrong button lost the order and spent that half hour fixing it haha.

Anyway I’m off…..too much MSN’ing going on I can’t keep up LOL

WTG RYan, poor bubba though hope next one's not too bad.
    That'll be me Shazz - clueless until they arrive LOL!

That was a brave girl for going back to work Tania! I'm a bit sad for your milk though. Don't feel bad. You've done it the hard way and need some rest.

i knew they were close but it was a very tedious journey up down up down whinge up down some more whinging lol ( and most of the whinging was from the mumma )

YAY RYAN!!!

Shazz - I was just looking at your ticker and i could'nt believe it said 6 months!!! I knew he was going 6 months but that was a reality kick!! Man time is going sooo quick. Thats great news about the teeth. At least now you know he was'nt grovelling for nothing!!

Sheree - Great to hear you found someone who can understand your situation. Sorry that I could'nt have been more help in that area. Good luck with it all. Hopefully they can give you some practical advice.

Tania - Glad you lasted the day at work. I'm sure it was quite bearable!! Its a shame you have to give up the BF. Nevermind. At least you will have a nice break...till your AF comes back!!

I did'nt get half the stuff i wanted to get done today. The ol' AF has come to visit and i have had a headache and period pain all day. I have just taken 3 panadol and its still not going away.

Just gave Briley a big feed of mash tato,sweet tato and pumpkin with some gravy. She loved it. And then went on to drink 200mls. Tried her on a little water after the food and she drank a bit but not much. At least she drank some i suppose. Tomorrow morning i am going to mash up some of banana for breakfast. I am going to "observe" tonight to see if the food makes much difference to her sleeping patterns.

Anyways...I am going to watch Maternity Ward on Discovery Health. I have loved that show since before i was pregnant. I always sit there crying on my own!! Don't know how the hell i expect to be a midwife myself. I'll be crying there beside the parents!!

Hope all is well with everyone and their litlins!!

Might BBL

Ciao

our baby rosella died and the mum hasn't been sitting on the others for a couple of days so we think they are all going to die.....Cam retrieved them and now they are in an esky under light in our room. Hope they're OK, but if they survive it will be Cameron getting up to feed them ever two hours I can tell you!!

Vic - he use to cry when he chucked but I guess that is what the meds are for, sometimes he still does though but not as much as he use too. It is more his fussy and refusal to feed these days. We use to always have to give him mylanta too, but we don't anymore, only sometimes. He chucks right up to the next feed too, just hoping these meds kick in soon for him. As for someone new being offended well I thought this was a forum to offer advice and support others. Can't believe that turned into such a b*@ch episode, I thought we were all friendly gals. Anyway as you can see that really upset me, two of my buddies turning against me all because I opened my big fat gob! I will be over it tomorrow. Nite, guess it doesn't help that I have some major issues with Lachlan going on here too, gets me down as it is.

Oh and we went to a chiro with Lachie sometime ago, only went once but we had to travel 1.5 hours to get there and we didn't see that he really helped Lachie, wish I could find someone closer.
    Last edited by shereejoy; October 23rd, 2006 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Chiro

Vic - Yep i am planning on doing Midwifery. I start my RN's next year. They take 3 years and then 1 more to do the midwifery. So i won't be doing it till 09 prolly. I am soo excited about starting next year. Will be a VERY fullfilling job i am sure!!

I have also read that honey is bad for babies. It has a thing called Botulinum spores in it which can cause Infant Botulism. These spores are only found in soil, dust and honey. They cannot affect an adult but CAN badly affect a baby. The spores get into their gastrointestinal tract and produce botulinum toxins.

Its advised that i should not be given to children under 12 months. Mel is'nt under 12 months so she should be fine.

Did'nt mean to scare anyone. Thats just what i read.

And i am NOT telling anyone what they can and can't feed their babies!!

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Hello everyone! No personals today, but I'll just talk about stuff I remember reading ...

Welcome to a couple of newbies - Corie and Jemima!

Bit about me - 26, hubby 28, Jovi Lee was born 4th May 2006, 3202 grams, 53 cms (something we don't agree with but anyway!).

Jovi was breastfed for 6 weeks, but in hindsight she should have gone to bottle after 4 weeks. By six weeks she had dropped back down to her birth weight. She's fast approaching 7kgs now!

Someone mentioned xmas ornaments? Tannis I think ... I bought one the other week from Big W - $3! They had a heap to choose from and they were all adorable! It has "Baby's 1st Christmas" written on it.

There were a few discussions about how much their babies are drinking and starting to eat and stuff. Jovi's gotten REALLY fussy lately with her bottles and although she is hungry it's a struggle to get her to have 100mls sometimes. I think her teeth may have something to do with it ... esp. when she has a few stucks ... chews the teat and talks to me, sucks again ... chews ... you get the picture. She's also cut herself down to 4 bottles. If she doesn't want a bottle she screams and yells at you and pushes it away then cries if you keep trying to give it to her. Usually I then take her to bed ... after a little nap she'll then take it.

Jovi's been eating since she was 3 months old. We mainly started her because she wasn't gaining weight. Initially we were putting a little farex in her morning bottles, then we tried her on some vegies ... didn't like it. Tried fruit ... LOVED IT! She has tried just about every fruit flavour they have in the jars I think (even some that are supposedly for 7-9 month olds, and once a 10-15 month old ... I think because of the texture). But she loves it and doesn't have any allergies which is great. She loves her custard and rice and sometimes likes a little spoon of apple mixed in (plus its keeping her regular )

Mum keeps telling me that Jovi now has a sweet tooth and I just say "yeah yeah" to make her stop, but honestly ... she just likes what she's given. The book that we have (for the life of me can't remember the name of it now ...) says that it doesn't matter what order you start in (fruits or vegies first) and that just cos a baby might start with fruits first doesn't mean they have a sweet tooth ... they might just take a while to like different things.

Jovi had baby bolognese (sp?) last night. Was interesting ... she screwed her face up at first and wasn't really sure. But after a while she ate about 5-6 spoon fulls, which for her first go (esp. when it had little soft lumps and stuff in it ... spaghetti and stuff) was pretty good. She'll get there.

I think as far as feeding goes ... do what you want. They're your baby, if something feels right do it ... bubs will soon tell you if they're not ready!

Jovi's clothes are all 00's except for a couple of hand-me-down t-shirts that were stretched, and a couple of her jackets that still fit (000), but that's about it. Everything else is 00.

I'm so jealous that Ryan has teeth! Jovi had a little blister the other day and I got all excited ... but it's gone again. lol

Scott has his first appointment with the physio tomorrow ... should be interesting.

Jovi is having her next lot of needles next friday (3rd) ... time is going way to fast. Will update then on how she is growing (although I weighed her quickly on the chemist scales last thursday and I think she was 6.75kgs).

Well ... AF still hasn't shown her ugly head. Had a little bit of spotting Thursday, Saturday and today ... buts that's about it ... hmmmmmmmmmmm! With AF being so irregular, I have no idea when I last had it ... I think I should have been due either this week or last week or something ... I don't see the point in testing though just yet ... will wait a couple of more weeks I think (tested when I was actually 4 weeks pregs with Jovi and was negative ... 2 weeks later it was positive) ... fingers crossed we're not ... like I said ... would be nice, but totally enjoying Jovi and want to have her all to ourselves for a bit longer please!!

Anyway ... I think there was more I was going to write, but Jovi keeps stirring and crying (but of course as soon as I pop that dummy back in she's fine) ... time for a bottle I think ... then bed!

Talk soon ...

Morning Girls,

Had an early one thismorn. Briley got me up at 7am. She would'nt give me the extra hour she normally does. So we got up and had some mashed nanna and bottle for breakfast. She did'nt really eat too much of the banana though, i am thinking it may have been to sweet cause they were sugar banana's(the little ones). Then she wanted a bath and is sleeping now. I thought i would just jump on quickly in between cleaning and see how everyone is but it's pretty quiet in here!!

I am pretty sure the solids have made some changes Briley's sleeping pattern. I fed her lastnight and she slept till 3am and the into our bed. I was too tired to keep getting up and down with her after that. I am just going to keep "observing" over the next couple of days. I am going to feed her every morning and night from now on. She loves her food. Everytime i bring the spoon up to her mouth she grabs my hand to shove the spoon into her mouth! She has been really hands on the last week or so. Even with the bottle.

Has anyone else noticed that??

Baby - So how late is that then?? You seem calm and collected about the whole thing!! Tell me if this is way out of line here but i need to ask this.....How did you guys manage to..you know..do it...with scott's back the way it was??? Good luck with the needles.

So today and going to TRY to get up of my a** and clean up. I am just wrecked from AF. I always get real lathargic on the first couple of days.

BBL

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Crazy05 View Post
    Someone mentioned xmas ornaments? Tannis I think ... I bought one the other week from Big W - $3! They had a heap to choose from and they were all adorable! It has "Baby's 1st Christmas" written on it.
    my sister got one for maddy too, its pink and white with a teddy on it, i think it looks like a big lollipop lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    So today and going to TRY to get up of my a** and clean up.
    Me Too It hasn't worked yet it feels like my a*** is glued here i'm so tired hope you had better luck then i did Sara

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast