Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #11

Hi Girls

Nice and chatty today i see. Had a pretty good nights sleep last night. Briley went down at 7.30pm and slept through till 4.30am. I put the dummy back in her mouth and went back to bed but she started again. So i left her for a while and she played by herself then got annoyed. I went back again and rolled her on her side, gave her the dummy and she went back to sleep. Then up again at about 5am and is bed with us!

Not sure but were you's talking about how much solids to give?? I give Briley about 4 tablespoons. And she eats it all. Is that wrong??

Nat - Yeah the housewarming was pretty good. The toilet got blocked and some of the food in the hangi was'nt cooked through so we had to put it in the oven for while. Other than that it was pretty good. It was Brent's brother's b'day as well so he ran a muck a little bit! It was pretty funny actually. Then one of our friends and Brent started to muck around too (as they do!). But overall it was good. Went to bed at about 2 so it musta been ok!!

That 60mins episode really cause a lot of drama has'nt it! I dont really give a hoot to be honest. I've seen the dramas its caused on BB and i just don't want a bar of it!! Each to their own i reckon!

So today is going to be a repeat of yesterday minus the cleaning. Oh maybe a bit of ironing though. Have to bake a roast pork for brent to take to work. Thats about it.

Whats everyone else doing??

Sara just feed her what she wants I guess, even my CHN said that food is on demand just as was fluid in the early days.

I guess Tara Brown was pretty harsh, I mean but really I would not like to raise my children that way, I didn't agree with their principles, pretty warped if you ask me.

So you watched it then Sheree?

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

As far as how much I feed Jovi ... whatever she wants ... I don't stick to so many spoonfull's ... she lets me know when she's had enough or if she wants more (she gets very cranky and yells at me if I don't give her enough the little bugger). But I always give her her bottle first, we have a play ... if she looks hungry still I feed her then, but usually I'll put her down for a sleep then see if she wants anything when she wakes up (usually half-way between bottle feeds).

More often than not she'll actually eat a whole jar/tin of whatever she's eating. She loves her food!

Oh and still no sign of AF. No more spotting either. I think if nothing happens by friday I'll go see my dr. Too chicken to get a HPT and do it myself ... lol

Really hoping I get a new job now and we can move ... much cheaper living so if by chance I am preggas at least that will help (rent there is half what we pay now! e.g. we're paying $220 a week for a 3 bed home, pretty basic. Same thing where we want to move - $135!!).

Jovi went to sleep in her COT yesterday by herself with me just sitting there watching her ... one step at a time! She sleeps on her side mostly these days also. Can lay on her back and play for ages, but as soon as I roll her she zonks out straight away. If she's in bed with me, if she thinks I'm alseep, she goes out as well ... lol

Do it Beck!! I wanna know!! Are you getting nervous now??

Briley is exactly the same with sleeping now. I sleep Briley on her side too. She goes to sleep straight away when you put her on her side if she is tired. But she will lay there and whine straight away if you lay her on her back. I can understand though..imagine having to lay on your back all the time!

Yeah I saw the interview Sara.

I wish i could've so that i knew what everyone was going on about. From what i have read from ppls posts i have an idea of what it was about. Nevermind!

So how is Lachie today anyways??

Yeah a bit contraversial I guess hey

Ohh he is ok kinda, been a fussy eater as usual, had 2 x sleeps by himself so far and self-settled took a bit longer then yesterday and the sleeps were short compared to yesterday too! Bugger!!!! Won't even eat his god dam yoghurt today grrr..... Gee I have a fussy kid.

Go to the 60minutes site nad you can read the transcript Sara.

Beck, Darcy's the same. She keeps checking to see if my eyes are shut and she eventually goes off too. Hard cos I'm trying to sneak a peek at her LOL! Who can sleep with such a wriggle bum.

Well he's had less than 1hr 15 all day today and is increasingly 'off'. Something better happen. Better since a dose of panadol.

Hehe Kim, today I have chosen to sleep in spare room I can't stand him wrigglin, just put the monitor in other room, right down, I still here him cry if he does, generally doesn't wake up crying much during the day anymore.

Lachie has had less sleep today and has found it harder to put himself to sleep but we do eventually get there, persistence is the key! I think!!!!! lol

Did I miss you on MSN?

My girlfriend came over for a few hours....sorry. She bought Darcy the cutest ballerina dress from Disneyworld - Disney Princesses! It's a 0 though so hopefully she'll fit into it by my sisters wedding in March.

Persistence is the key Sheree, just wish i had some more energy to persist with.

Oh nice Kim.

I am hearin ya too. lol. I just have to look at things just a little more positively.

Afternoon Ladies.

We had kindergym today and had the best time. Em is really loving it now – today he seemed to really love the ball crawl which he has never really taken to before. I’m looking forward to watching that new show tonight ‘Tripping Over’ I think its called. Hopefully it’s a good one – my Wednesday night viewing is dismal LOL.

Still trying to catch up on personals… There are so many I think I should just give up but I feel as though because I started that I should persevere!

Sheree ~ Em has dropped to what Lachie is having these past few days. I think its his gums again because he keeps chewing the teat rather the drinking. He’s not having much at all but is still having solids which is a relief.

Bellasmum ~ WOW @ 480g in 9 days – WTG Patrick! Where have you been hun?

Sara ~

Tania ~ Gorgeous pic in your ticker BTW!

Kim ~ OMG @ Darcy’s runny poo LOL… that sounds messy and gave me a giggle LOL. LMAO Kim @ muffins getting smaller!! Glad to hear that the Brauers Calm is helping as well. Did you ever try that Happy Hippo spray?

Mummy ~ WOW at having to move. Where are you going to move to? Closer to Gawler if you’re going back to work and TAFE? I’m assuming they’re both based at Gawler here? Rent has gone up hasn’t it? I pay a small fortune for my place! Good luck with it all!

Jodie ~ Good luck with the sleep school. The hippychick seat sounds excellent!

I desperately need to get a high chair soon. My back is starting to hurt feeding him in the rocker. Has anyone lowered the height of the base of the cot yet? When should we do this? And LMAO @ you girls saying TOGS… that’s funny hehe! I have to say that I really enjoy reading about all the cute things everyones bubbas are doing and what milestones they are reaching. Its so nice to be an environment where we share our babies accomplishments and ‘compare’ as such without it being competitive or getting nasty. Its not only reassuring but joyful as well. Look at me getting all soppy LOL. I honestly don’t know that I’d do without you all though! Ok I’ve caught up on the last thread now for this one Oh you must think I’m all crazy lmao!!

Sheree ~ Whoo Hoo on being first! I haven’t tried Em on zucchini yet. Though I just tried him on mango and he seems to love it! He’d better at $3 a mango LOL. I was thinking of trying banana but I think he has enough variety for now. Not to mention they are expensive and I have a feeling the consistency would be too gluggy for now. I’m glad to hear you’ve got some extra support as well with the support association. Emerson has only just started getting some balance in the last few days with sitting – I’m so happy because we are having our photos next week and I was hoping he’d be sitting for them.

Jemima ~ I didn’t realise you were from Adelaide as well. The weather is gorgeous lately isn’t it? I hope that Jesse is feeling better for you!

Sara ~ Emerson moves constantly when feeding – drives me crazy. I put him in the rocker or on the floor now and he tends to hold the bottle himself for a bit. He is much happier that way! I still can’t get over the similarities between ourselves!! Funny hey? LOL about the other thread. I didn’t watch the show but I agree with you – I’m avoiding the conflict – I just have no energy to deal with it!

Kim ~ Fingers crossed that you get Christmas off. I’m lucky that I get to study next year rather then return to work. I never thought I’d have a problem leaving Em in care but I’m beginning to realise that I may have attachment issues LOL. I spose you do what ya gotta do though hey. They have the 15c photo print sale here as well – I’m gonna sort through my photos and print out heaps before it ends. I hope your baby Rosellas are ok. Wow at getting into trouble from the nurser with turning the seat? How much does she weigh? I cant wait to turn my seat around – my car is tiny and the front seat has been pushed forward to much!! It’ll also be great to be able to see his little face.

Tania ~ LOL @ your FIL saying Jayden is too young for the car – what a crack up! How did DP go with his first nappy? Glad that going back to work went smoothly for you though. Work offered me extra hours for next week and I said yea but now I wish I hadn’t – its just too hard. Will see what they give me and just may say no in the end! I was surprised at avocado as well. The nurse said that mango was on the list as well and that shocked me also for some reason. Em loves mango but doesn’t like avocado lol. It was the first time Em had been in the pool yes. He’s going to be in the water a lot I think – I may even buy him his own floaties and kickboard!

Vic ~ When Em came out in this rash he’s got I was freaking out thinking I’d caused eczema by feeding him early. In the end they were insect bites . Em gets up on his knees really well now… and then shuffles backwards LOL. Can only go forward with commando crawl or a giant head first leap when on the kness rofl! Very comical! Sounds like you had a great little helper for the day there!

Beck ~ I tried savoury stuff as well but its only understandable that they head for the sweet stuff first. Have you ever tasted formula or BM – amazingly sweet. LOL You so need to do a HPT!!! Haha @ DH being a man after all… Not much can stop them can it I have my fingers crossed for that new job for you! Good luck!

Some of you mention giving your bubbas yoghurt… now I can’t give Em this because of his intolerance but I heard that you’re not meant to give cows milk for the first 12 months. Is this right? And if this is right then why can you give yoghurt? I know that you can give yoghurt because I’ve seen all the gorgeous little yoghurts in stores for 6 months+…. The thought just occurred to me LOL. And with giving solids early and allergies – do the allergies appear straight away or over years?

With introducing solids I only really started when he actually started eating it if that makes sense. And then I only kept giving it to him when he fussed – I was trying to hold off as long as possible but he had other ideas. Now I just feed him until he stops – normally morning and night. Sometimes during the day but not often. Just read what Sheree said about the CHN saying to feed solids on demand – that makes me feel better!

OMG Em has been asleep for 2 hours now… he never sleeps this long! And I just finished catching up – YAY! You must all think I’m nuts LOL. DP is away for a few days with work so I’ll be able to keep up for at least that long Heading to my parents for dinner tonight – will be nice to let them watch Em and eat some hot food for once hehe!

Too funny Nat re: solids only thing on demand for my baby would be never, not too worry! agggh mango, I love mango, not going to give that yet, although variety seems to be the key with my child. Glad em likes kindergym, that is great! Funny you should mention about the high chair, I have had once since b4 he was born and funnily enough I put him in it tonight. It is a high/low one and also tilts back so they can also lounge, how about that didn't realise I go that feature when I orignially bought it. He loves it got a few piccies, all smiles from him!

Awwww Sheree - that is exactly the type of high chair that I want to get. I saw one at Target fairly cheap on sale and was meant to go and pick it up but time got away with me. I have no idea how I'd get it into my tiny car trying to carry Emerson anyway. So I may have to make some plans to head out there childess LOL!

I have to admit to feeling BAD... I can't remember whether it was someone here or something I heard but someone was raving about how a person they knew was giving their bubba 2 weetbix in the morning. Now in the last week Em has started having 2 weetbix and then fruit AFTER his bottle.... oh well he doesn't throw it back up so he surely must need it right?

Oh and who was it that added Farex to their solids to thicken it up? I don't understand that because I tend to put water in mine as it ends up to thick for Em to swallow... is this just me?

Oh well if he likes it he likes it. At least he eats, now there a plus.

As for the farex, there is good iron in it that they need and sloppy stuff that you make up (like I leave some of the water in it), the farex give it that fullness IYKWIM and I think it also has good carbs in it too. I don't put it in everything, truth be known lachie likes the sloppy stuff better, but I make sure atleast once a day he has a tad of farex in it. But again he is not feeding, don't know why I bother.

Awww Sheree you are doing great hun! You will both get there in the end! Hey you should update your ticker with a new photo of Lachlan! It'd be great to see a recent picture of his gorgeous face!!

I give Em the Farex with fruit at lunch time if he has anything. I honestly thought that I was perhaps doing something wrong with how I made up my solids that's all LOL.

And just for a laugh - at kindergym today on the trampoline Em's hair went static lol. He just woke up and his hair is still standing on end - so so funny!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast