Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #11

I have some awesome news, we went to CHN this morning and he put on 160g in 5 days and at this age they are expected to put on 170g in a week. Not quite the 300g the previous week but then I must admit his drinking has dropped off somewhat AGAIN!!!! So anyways he obviously still has enough to keep him going but guessing it is more the polyjoule and the 1 1/4 strength formula oohhh and the dreamfeeds to get his mls up for the day. The things you do. The CHN wants us to go to Riverdale in Brissy and try to get his feeding sorted out. Might ring them today and find out what the Gee O is.

Also as I was on the way out the door this morning the real estate rung and they had someone coming to look at our house - YAY, but this meant after the CHN appt I had to cut my visit to a friends place short to come home and clean up. 1 hr late and they hadn't arrived and then they rang and said won't be coming the lady wants more yard for her kids, grrr..... wish I had of known that earlier as cleaning a house with a baby is pretty god dam hard.

On a brighter note I put him in his cot and put his mobile on and he watched it for a while, while I cleaned. Then he started to whinge and I went and put his dummy back in, did this a couple of times then the mobile had stopped at this stage turned on another pull string thing on his cot and went back in after a short while and whalaaaa ASLEEP, wow my boy sent himself to sleep for a nice change. I am soooo happy, he is in my good books today. And he slept for a good 1.5hrs WOW! Just when I had been telling the CHN I am sick of nursing him to sleep and sick of him fighting me all the way.

Love ya bubba

Well i managed to get some done. Still going but.

I managed to make Brent a beautiful lunch and do some washing. But as you can see here i am again sitting in front of this computer!!

I WILL finish it today!!

OK Thought I’d pop in and update you all on us before I start on personals. Otherwise the post will be so long that nobody will be bothered reading it!

We started the new school term and we’re back at kindergym. Emerson is having heaps more fun there now that he can move around a bit. We also started our swimming lessons and Emerson loved them!! It was so much fun. He was a little nervous at first but really got into it. They had floaties on him and I just held his arms and he kicked and splashed about. Got some great photos as well. He’s still commando crawling and can be quite fast when he wants to be. Most of the time though he is lazy and if something goes out of his ‘crawling’ range he’ll either cry or play with something else. He does chase his little books around the place whinging until I read them to him LOL. He loves his books!

We have been flat out lately. We’ve finally found our social niche LOL. Like I said just thought I’d post a quick update on us and will try and catch up with some personals now!

BBL

Does Emerson sit up Nat?

OMG my child has put himself to sleep gain, my god do I have a changed child, what has come over him, finally he is giving mummy a break, I am so pleased, very very happy mummy today, WOW I still can't believe it.

I noticed the first time I layed him down over his wrap instead of wrapping him (with the muslim - as I have decided not to wrap him during the day anymore, but still do at night), he was pulling the wrap over his face. Seems he needs something over his face as he went to sleep.

The next sleep I gave him a comforter someone gave him as a gift and again over the face and again went to sleep. Only thing is this is alot thicker then a muslim and had to keep goin in 2 check he was ok and breathing. Once he was asleep I just pulled it back away from his face.

OMG can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheree ~ Wtg Lachie it is so nice when they reach little milestones isn't

Nat ~ i'm so glad Em liked his swimming lesson i'm looking into something for Ryan but where i live we don't have much variety unless i travel the 40 minutes to Toowoomba

Sara ~ i've done absolutely nothing lol

Ohhh and the CHN told me to try Lachie with Yoghurt seeing as he seems to be a bit of a sweet tooth and is refusing everything else atm and HE LOVES IT. Yay again!!!! Things definitely went my / our way today YAY YAY YAY

Sara: When we lived in Melb I always watched Maternity Ward, I loved it! I haven’t watched it since we got Austar. I wish Jayden would sleep til 7am now….He was up at 6.05am this morning, luckily he goes straight back to sleep after a feed though so I can get ready for work

Kim: I’m so sorry to hear about your poor baby rosella!! Naughty mummy for not caring for your babies! I hope the others survive. Have you been watching Meerkat Manor? I had tears in my eyes after the first baby was dumped and left to die then last week all but 2 in the litter died…I was devastated!

Vic: I can’t believe I have let him get away with it for so long either….and he did a great job with the nappy too. I was trying to get him to change another one as soon as I got home yesterday so I could get a pic of it but as soon as he saw I was getting the camera he left and told me to do it LOL. Baby steps haha A medal sounds like a good idea I might have to look for one hehe. Yay for the help from your niece…that would have been nice! Did you get your laptop fixed?

OMG Jayden was on his back when I put him down and I just looked up and he was on his belly!! YAY that’s only the 2nd time he’s done back to belly!! Bugger I missed it haha

Beck: AF shows up soon!! Sorry to say but I am a little curious as to how you DTD with Cam’s back LOL

Sheree: I’m telling you on MSN right now but OMG @ Lachie’s weight gain and him putting himself to sleep!!! Things are definitely looking up!!

Nat: Oh Em would be loving Kindagym now…how exciting! Was that the first time Em’s been in water? Lachie and Jayden both took to the water very quickly, Sheree and I were very surprised!!

Jayden had his first day at day care today….I went to pick him up and the boy poor was sooking and wouldn’t let me go. He was fine when I dropped him off and while he was there he was an absolute angel. I can’t believe how tired I am after just 4hrs of work!! DP and a guy from work were talking about me whinging at going back to work and saying they would love to work 4hrs a day…..I told both of them that I have gone from not working at all for 6mths to working 4 hrs a day and my job at home doesn’t stop I still have a baby to look after, the house to clean and shopping to do. I don’t think DP still understands but the guy at work does haha

Anyway I have washing to finish and a dinner for one to think of…BBL maybe

oxoxox

NOisy buggars......

Feeling a bit how ya going today....don't know why. Darcy is very hmmmm laobur intensive the last couple of days. She had a wee blood blister on her gum, but it's gonee now. Hope they stay away.

Sheree it's like an epiphany when they start to do it by themselves isn't it? Your posts def sound a bit more upbeat. Wish I could catch you on MSN.

Vic, you could give me more than 4 bucks LOL! What a nice kid.

Sara and Shazz, I'm in the SAME boat. I do about 15 minutes a day to keep it at respectable level.

Tania why do they have no clue???

Beck I'm curious about the DTD too? (cheeks blushing - well the others asked )

Wow Nat you've been busy. I'd love to take Darcy to kindergym, but the finances just can't support it.

I got in trouble by the nurses at mothers group today for turning the carseat around well before we should have. What and put up with her legs being squashed until she's 9kgs? That will be about March at this rate - I don't think so. Darcy's head control is like no other babies I've seen. They told me I might be charged as negligent if we had a crash and she was injured because the carseat wasn't being used as it specifies? Are they kidding? Most COPS wouldn't even know how to fit one let alone which way it should face.....alright off my high horse....

Gee Kim I have been tempted to turn our carseat too, Lachies head control is also very good, don't worry bout what they say you know you are doing the right thing. Maybe take a video clip of her to proove how strong she is, I don't know, just a thought!

Tania - bugger at missing Jayden roll, Lachie just won't do it anymore like he use too, must be too heavy now to lift his weight LOL.

Sounds like everyones little ones are doing well - lots of rolling, sleeping, crawling and eating!! YAY to the May babies!!

We have had a terrible 24 hours - Jesse is sick - he has a runny nose, awful cough and temperature. We went to the Dr this afternoon and the Dr said he has a virus so antibiotics are not going to help at this stage, but to keep the panadol up.

He slept terribly last night and hasnt fed well today so my guess is we are in for a tough night again. The joys of being a parent. I suppose having an older brother means that he is exposed to germs and illnesses more so than a first child - the up shot is that hopefully he will eventually have a tough little immune system.

A question for everyone - do you still give your baby a top up feed at night. I cant remember when we stopped giving the top up feed to our eldest. Jesse has a feed before he goes to bed at about 6.45 pm and then I top him up again at 10.15 pm before I go to bed - he hardly wakes up at this feedand then he is back in bed by 10.30pm.

We turned Jesse around in his car seat this week and he loves it - a much happier little traveller. he cant sit up on his own yet - although I dont think he is too far away, but he has great head control.

Anyway hope you all have a good night - talk soon.
    Last edited by jemima; October 24th, 2006 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added more text

Evening Girls,

I managed to get my jobs done. Just finished folding the washing and stuff. I was really irritated at the washing up tonight. Normally i can just finish it but tonight i was like grrrrrrr. Must be AF. Brent always manages to leave me a sh*t load of it on the sink.

Not sure why i am telling you all this, but these are my night time duties once Briley has gone down:

* Do washing up
    * Fold any washing & put away
    * Feed animals
    * Clean up loungeroom
    * Make bed (brent is on n/s and ALWAYS leaves it unmade!)
    * Sometimes Ironing
    * Tidy Briley's room

Yeah so thats what i do. Then i am on the computer till around 10.30pm!!

Briley was very cranky this arvo. She has been soooooo clingy that last couple of days. She does'nt even like Brent walking out of the room. She fell asleep on the couch around 6.30pm tonight and then woke up screaming about an hour later. So i gave her some panadol and she is sleeping now. I hate not knowing what i wrong with her. Its either tummy ache or gums. I am thinking gums cause when she woke up screaming she turned the dummy around straight away and was chewing on it.

I have been visiting the June baby buddies the last couple of days and there is a MASSIVE debate going on over there about that story that was on 60mins about the AP (attached parenting i have been informed!). A couple of girls have even left the thread cause of the heated discussions!! I was going to make is a regular thing but i think i may just stick with what i know!! Which ofcourse is all you lovely ladies!!

Anyways...I am tired.

Hope everyone is well.

Talk tomorrow

Ciao

Okay personals… I’m going back a few pages to the last thread. Did I mention why I was off line? I broke my computer LOL… my power supply went so that’s why I’ve been keeping myself so busy hehe!

Thank you for all of the 5 month birthday wishes for Emerson!

Sara ~ How did the house warming go?

Leanne ~ Glad to hear that Kaitlyn doesn’t have chickenpox. LOL @ her talking to her hands that aren’t talking back! Its good to hear that we are all helping you with

Beck ~ YAY for Jovi going off to sleep by herself. And yes who cares about how the house looks! WOW @ thinking you might be PG.

Tania ~ LMAO @ cracking DP’s back! That’s funny! The pics of the two boys together were just adorable – especially the matching outfits!

Kim ~ Name change hey?! Nice work. Apparently you can get ornaments where they print bubs photo onto them and they have the year on them. Then each year you get a new one. I haven’t seen them but they sound really cool. I am getting those ones made up – one for each of us! Did you get the results of the U/S? YAY for selling your bird cage! Em has rolled off the bed twice LOL… both times completely fine but my heart was in my throat and I felt terrible for not being able to grab him in time considering I was on the bed too!!!

Vic ~ OMG @ Mel and that other kid – its not funny at all but it bought a smile to my face LOL!

Sheree ~ I mix in fruit with vegetables for Emerson as well – the nurse told me that trick and now he eats his dinner and not just dessert! I am so glad to hear that things are finally starting to get better for you and Lachie! WOOT on the weight gain!

Jemima ~ Welcome to our thread!! Thanks for sharing your background with us! A lot of us were posting when we were pregnant together so we’re quite familiar with each other. I did notice when I posted your details that you were the 4th person with a bubba born 9th May – first boy though!

Kellee ~ A big hello to you hun if you’re still about and reading!

My 5 Million Dollar Wish
    For our little family we’d build a great house close to the school we have chosen for Emerson. Nothing over the top but very spacious and luxurious and with all the latest IT stuff and all brand new furniture. We’d get a new car each and set up trust funds for both boys. We’d each get some spending money I’m sure – DP would spend his on computer stuff, remote control gadgets and would probably invest some in shares or something. I would have a massive shopping spree of course – imagine the clothes, the shoes, the jewellery *drools*. And we’d help out our parents/family of course. Hmmm can you tell that we’ve talked about this quite a bit!?!? LOL!

Oh and Em now weighs 7.2kgs but is still 65cm the little shorty! I forgot to mention that he has a love affair with feet hehe. Will crawl around chasing mine or DP’s feet everywhere. Quite cute and funny. As for solids I am guilty of starting early as I think I’ve mentioned before. Em has weetbix in the mornings and then vegies with fruit at night. ATM his gums are hurting so he is a little all over the place. In fact I should be sleeping right now! He is laughing ALL the time as well – at his reflection, his toys, me, books – anything. Its really cute!

I’ve just realised how long this is and I haven’t even got out of the last thread - might call it quits there I think. Will be back in tomorrow!

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Ok ... so the topic of my posting seems to be how we managed to DTD ... So funny ... well ... he is a man after all! lol ... lets just say he wouldn't take no for an answer (not that I didn't want to or anything, and I was worrying about his back the whole time) ... without getting into too much specifics ... he did most of the work ... lol ...

Corie - I think we've bought the exact same xmas ornament!

Sheree - Jovi loves her yoghurt too. We bought the Valia (sp?) brand for babies ... 6 pack of 3 vanilla, 3 banana ... didn't last very long ... lol ... she loves it!

Jemima - We've been thinking about turning Jovi's car seat around also. Aside from the fact that she gets frustrated she can't see anything, she doesn't like being in the car of a night time (fine during the day, but if we go down to woolies or something at night she cries all the way home). I seem to remember that they SHOULD be a certain weight/age before you turn them around and I can't for the life of me remember what it is (like 6 months, but they SHOULD be a certain weight). Jovi sounds like she is the same as Jesse ... maybe we will switch her around too.

Usually one of us would sit in the back with her so she can see that we're there with her, but Scott can't sit in the back seat at the moment as he has to lay right back when he's in the car (can't sit down in a chair even for like another 3 weeks!! ... much to his disgust and annoyment [is that even a word??!!)).

Scott saw the physio yesterday. Didn't do much ... just some tummy muscle excercises and would you believe it ... pelvic floor exercises. He's like geez this is hard ... I said that he should have had a baby then he would know what to do. lol

He should be able to start swimming next week. He'll have to wear a water proof bandage on his back for a while cos a part of his cut didn't heal properly yet, but he can't wait.

Jovi is waking up ... talk to you soon!

Well Sara I read the 60minutes transcript of the interview (didn't want to watch) and I think Tara Brown should be critcised not those women. I don't agree but I wouldn''t treat anyone like that!
    That sounds like my list too Sara cept the washing up which i do in the mornings so as not to wake sleeping beauty (the sink's under her room). I can pretty much manage it under 20 minutes now though.

Hope Jesse's feeling better soon Jemima.

Sheree they've seen how strong she is.....guess they have to preach the same to everyone.

My MCN says vaalia's the best youghurt for littlies too.

Vic, Shazz, Kellee if you're out there....when I start solids do the number of feeds stay the same? When do they change?

Kim initially number of feeds stay the same as you only introduce a teaspoon initially etc.....

Yeah that's what I thought, it's just not written anywhere. Nor is it written when they start full meals (how longshould you give teapsoons of stuff before you give a whole meal? Three meals?) what the feed transistion is like.

Well I have one grizzly overtired cranky here today who will not go to sleep unless I nurse her (and that ain't gonna happen), and the batteries in the elmo gym 9her fave) have gone again! And I have the flu, and it's raining too much to do the washing I need to.....OK whinge over.

Woohoo I got to teenrager! What's next?

Not really sure Kim I have gave him a teaspoon of farex initially very irregular though, just every now and again. Then at 5mths I just started to introduce a variety morning and night (or twice a day) a little more then a teaspoon though this time, more like an ice cube, mixed with farex sometimes. I really just feed him until he wants to stop which is very soon in his vocabulary grrr..... Although the yoghurt is working. Last night he just kept wanting the yoghurt and then didn't feed well all night grrr...... 35ml at 6.15pm and then 60ml at 9pm, had to chuck in a couple of dreamfeeds to get up his calories for the day. But I mean the yoghurt he had to me didn't seem like that much really, but he seems to fill up real easily, but then he had fed ok all day, its either morning good/morning bad/afternoon good/afternoon bad, why can't we just have a full day of good drinking........

But on a good note, he mustn't have his cows milk protein intolerance anymore, no reaction to the yoghurt, what tha.......

Might change formulas in the next couple of weeks to see if he goes better on something else.

Chn hasn't told me to stop formula at any point in time just yet, but maybe that is because he doesn't drink enough as it is LOL.

Hope you feel better soon, that is one thing I am really thankful of, I just couldn't bare to be sick right now, haven't been sick for over a year now, how about that!!! Touch wood.

My CHN wants us to do a week visit at Riverdale in Brisbane, it is a feeding and sleeping clinic. We really need to get this feeding under control.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast