Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #17

Oh Ryan, not again.....sounds like you'll be a candidate for grommets for sure. Gotta get that nasty stuff draining outta your ears mate. What a big boy! Can't belive you're 8 months already!

Woohoo happy 7 months Em.

OMG is all I can say Jodie! What a hide. Funny elmo joke too!

Vic don't you just wish they'd just decide not to make the token effort either with you or the kids or the presents? I'm sorry they're doing it to your kids. The playing sounds fun though.

Sara, don't think you'll get your christmas cheer before chirstmas....it is coming though. You are full of energy ATM.

The sleep clinic went OK yesterday. It took an hour last night, but I only had to resettle between 10.30 and 11.30, after that she did it herself til 5am, so that was good. I hate to see her cry though. I have been advised to cut out her night feeds. I didn't feel bad about this becasue she's done it herself a couple of times the last few weeks, so I knew she didn't need then. But this morning I was so full she could only fit in one side, so now I'm very sore and lopsided as she hasn't drained the other since 6 last night.....
    She even went to sleep in 20minutes this morning without a dummy. Oh and Cam put her to sleep twice yesterday for the first time in either of their lives. I can see progress, now to either fix the marriage or leave.....

As much as I never wanted to Vic, I guess that's what it is. We're giving it a go. Yes I do want it to work out I think, though sometimes it would be easier just the two of us (Darcy and I). I'm just tired of everything being so hard.
    It does seem odd that your ILs favour the sisters kids. Maybe they're doing it to hurt you more. Seems stupid at Christmas. Have they got somewhere better to go on Christmas Eve, or they just cna't be bothered?

Hi All.

I'm still around - just desperately trying to get things done. My Christmas cards MUST be sent today otherwise they probably won't get there in time!!

I'm starting to really look forward to Christmas now. I was just so busy and my plans were up in the air for the actual day that I was kind of dreading it all. But its all sorted now and I think its gonna be a great day

For the next two days I have Christmas parties and then Friday I have to do the grocery shopping and then its the weekend already!!! I will try and come back later on for personals! AFTER I have posted my cards hehe!

Gees, Vic (sorry too stupid to figure out what SD was). You're that sucks!

Jodie259 Guest

Hey Kim...
    did you only do a day clinic at sleep school? It does help... but the residential stay is the best thing ever! So if you still have trouble with Darcy down the track - insist on a residential stay!

The techniques can be a bit hard at first... especially if you're used to attending to every cry. But it doesn't take long for babies to work out that sleep is far preferable to crying! Just be consistant, and it will reward you.

Hope you can work things out with Cam.... and he makes the changes needed to make you a happy family. No doubt some sleep and getting over the PND will help you all as well. If you're feeling depressed, sometimes it might look easier to walk away from the marriage. But you might feel differently if all factors were improved. Good luck with it - whatever you decide.

Hey Sheree - hope you're feeling good. It was great to catch up with you on MSN the other night... or was that day? I have no idea at the moment.

Vic - it sounds like your in-laws have some 'issues'. When your SD turns into a nightmare teenager - they might turn to your kids for solace? but what they are doing is just RUDE!

Sara - hope you're back is feeling better... and the pregnancy isn't giving you a hard time.

I took Shaun to the day centre today as Santa was coming. He had a "santa's little helper" outfit on with a santa hat... and I got some good photos before santa arrived. But just as he arrived, my camera decided to play up. The memory card to be more specfic. It's a 4 gig card and can take 2,500 poster size photos... thankfully I had downloaded all the old photos that were on it. And all the photos I took pre-santa worked out as well. But I got no santa shots
    But the lovely people at the day care bought him an alphabet wood jigsaw! They are so sweet.

Now I'll have to take shaun to a shopping centre and get a decent photo of him with Santa.

My dad went in for surgery at 9.40am - and it's now 2.15pm and he's still not out. I'm just waiting to hear from my step-mum. She must be going nuts waiting at the hospital. He had some problem with his intestine, so they are cutting a part of it out. I'm sure he'll be fine... but I don't think he'll be home for christmas day.

Well, better do some work whilst the angel is asleep....

talk soon,
    Jodie

OMG I just got so excited cos I puit Darcy down and within 2 minutes there was no crying, so stupid me decides to go in for a stickybeak to see if she's REALLY SLEEPING, but no of course not, she's jsut settling with her eyes wide open. And of course she saw me.....
    though now two minutes later there's quiet again. Not going in this time

Evening Ladies,

WOHOOOO DARCY!!!! Keep it up little princess!!

Just poppin in quickly girls. So tired. I am over this tiredness!! I dont have any energy for personals right now. Can't promise i will later either.

Hope you are all well.

Might BBL

Just a quick pop in.

Kim - I am thinking of you all the time. Pls try and work thing out with CAm. You too are such a nice couple. If you need help pls let me know. I am here and the phone's on 24 / 7.

I survived the weekend with all the christmas stuff and Mark's parents went home yesterday so just trying to get things 'back to normal'. Kaitlyn has cracked one tiny bit of a tooth on the bottom right and has started to crawl camakazi (spelling?) Style. She's across the room in 5 seconds flat.

Gotta go,
    Kim, you home tomorrow?

Well I have cracked the code, my child won't eat solids in his high chair atm. He started so well on solids a mth ago and it has slowly but surely tappered off, to not wanting anything. I spoke to my CHN today and told her we both need a break I don't want to stress about it as he is drinking so much better and I just want to enjoy him for a change. I asked her if it was really that important cause he clamps his mouth shut, belows mmmmmmm.... and then starts crying, just doesn't want a bar of it. She said it wasn't too important but too only have a short break as we need to persist with it even if he only has a little at this stage seeing as up to 9-12mths it is really only an introduction anyway. I was so pleased with that, but she did suggest maybe giving him a cheese stick or watermelon just to see if he wants to do it himself.

Was at a friends place this arve and she gave him banana, and I fed it to him on my lap, and she thought I was a lier LOL. No seriously I told her I am coming down here to feed him all the time, because also in the bad bad days of bottle drinking he fed well at her place. Anyway came home and tried the same thing on my lap and it worked, phewww.... I thought it was our place for a minute there. So he just hates the high chair it appears atm.

My CHN was so pleased with him today. I gave her a black and white photo of him as she has started a wall collection of all her babies and I told her she should caption our picture and she said yes "One of my hardest cases" LOL.

My boy is 7mths old on Friday and weighs 6.770kgs and is still in 0000 and 000 clothes, what tha.......

To the ladies who feed their child weetbix, does it have to be a special type, wade bought us the kids one but it does say for children over 1 year of age, does that matter?

Kim - the control crying self settling thing works hey, we did it at that clinic we were just at for the week. Its all about getting rid of the sleep associations, and lachlans was mainly the dummy and me getting him to sleep by nursing etc.... It was hard the first day, I think every sleep he cried for atleast an hour, but each sleep and each day gets easier. I am so glad we did it and didn't leave it any later. And I agree with Jodie if you can get in for a week stay it is much better, you can't possibly learn everything in a day. I just put Lachlan to bed at 7.15pm and because his crying stopped and started I didn't have to go in and pat at all, and now he is sound asleep at 7.30pm. During the day time sleeps at least one of them he is asleep within 5mins.

SO WE HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A DUMMY FOR A WEEK NOW, WHAT GREAT PROGRESS!

Oh and Kim sorry to hear about your husband, hopefully you can work things out.

Jodie - nice chatting to you too, and no you are not a bad mummy, he was just tired and if he gives no other signs you are not to know.

Sara - hope this m/s ceases for you soon honey.

Well it wasn't that quick, but it was reasonably quick. She's woken twice since and resettled herself.

Sheree the Dragon's not a highchair fan either. I think it's cos she's a pipsqueak and she can move too much in it. We're getting a better one for chrissie, but I've been feeding her on the lounge. Consequently you should see her seat, but I'll clean it when she doesn't eat there anymore. I just give her my vitabrits as I'm not a weetbix fan. Just the garden variety and sweeten it with a bit of fruit.

Speaking of playing (well Vic was yesterday) we spent the arvo trawling the toy shops just trying to find some little and cheap bits and pieces for Darcy's stocking seeing as most of her stuff is huge and I can't take a photo of an empty stocking. We had a lovely normal arvo. Go figure. We played with all the toys. Darcy even picked a couple. There's not much around though for real little kids is there?

Tomorrows another day....

I forgot to say in my last post, we just got a letter from Riverton yesterday saying that Lachlan may of been exposed to chickenpox. GREAT! Just what we need!!!! I am going to ring them 2morrow and ask if the baby was in our ward or not or are they just being cautious. I asked my CHN today and she said babies don't suffer too badly from them. The letter said that we will know 10-21 days from discharge and guess what that works out to be xmas, golly gosh and there are new babies going to be there, so guess we will be spending it alone if he does infact have it. I soooo hope not, will be so lonely. What sort of a xmas will that be without family :frown:

OMG so much to catch up on!!

Chris surprised me and organised and paid for my mum to come up from melb for a few days....I had to drive her to the train station at 4.30am this morning so I am so tired as you could imagine!!

Work is going ok.....kind of getting used to the hours but its still very tough leaving Jayden. He has also been sick with Gastro not sure if I have posted that already...but I have been busy with 10+ nappies a day the poor boy.

I know its really too late but i would also like to send xmas cards out to those who want to give me their address you can email me at [email protected]

Well I better get to bed

Thinking of you all
    oxoxoxox

Jodie259 Guest

Sheree... that sucks about the chicken pox. Hopefully Lachie has missed it.
    and funny about the high chair... and eating at your friends house! You just gotta do what ever works - whatever they will eat/drink. So long as they're getting something in their tummies... it will all be okay. I tried Shaun on mince today. Thought it would be a change from the constant apple/pear and pumpkin/cauli combos I give him. So it was pumpkin/mince. He wasn't too impressed with it... and in the end just heaved it all up. No dramas or scenes. Just looks at me, and his mouth errupts like a volcano with orange/brown lava...

Kim... good to hear that Darcy has picked it up so quickly and is settling herself! YOU have to learn NOT to go in there!!!! So keep up the good work. Be strong. It will be worth it. When you call her "The Dragon".... I expect a red fire ball to come out of her mouth! Maybe you should add it to the photo??

Leeanne... LOL... I don't think it's camikazi.... I think it's called COMMANDO crawling... dragging with their arms. Camikazi's were the Japanese suicide aeroplane fighters!!! So hope Kaitlyn is not that depressed!!! Shaun does half commando/half crawl. He gets his leg up under him (like a dog)... but then can't co-ordinate his arm/leg movements. Won't be long though!

Tania - I took so long writing this post that you posted your message a minute before me! So I've come back to edit it. It's not often I do 'personals'... so I thought I should make an effort. Sorry to hear that Jayden has gastro. It's a shocker isn't it? And how lovely of Chris to get your mum up. Bless him!

After my previous post I had to go in and wake Shaun up from his 'nap'. He slept for more than 2 hours!!! He hadn't been doing much in the morning so don't know why he was so tired! Anyway, packed him up and took him to the shopping centre and got a photo with santa. Lovely old man... really patient. Shaun looked bored, and wouldn't look at the camera. So in the end, he stood up beside Santa (with his little 'santas helper' suit on) and he looked sooooo cute!!! I will have to scan it and put it on my photos site (in my spare time!!!). So I'm glad I got a photo.

I visited my Dad in hospital, and he's done well. He was a bit YELLOW though!! He looked like an oompa loompa. His surgery went well, but my stepmum says he'll be in 7-10 days. But she's a drama queen - so he might be out for Xmas (doesn't sound like it though). Oh well, at least he's okay.

Better go and sterilize bottles. Hope you're all well.

BTW.... if any of you are interested in doing a weight loss challenge in 2007 - email or msn me. I've set up a challenge online - and getting quite a number of people joining up. I need all the motivation I can get to rid myself of baby belly!!!
    Last edited by Jodie259; December 19th, 2006 at 10:37 PM.

OMG Jodie how could I have gotten commando and camakazi so wrong!!! She's def not a depressed girl. She's always happy. Hypo in fact.

I would also like your addresses for Chrissy cards. Please email me details at [email protected]

BBL for a proper post, I think I might go back to bed for a bit.

I just had to post and say ROFLMAO girls... camakazi and commando indeed

We have a Christmas Meet today so I'm about to start getting ready for that. Then another one tomorrow. Then grocery shopping Friday :eek: . Will try and pop on and keep up!!

Well I better go and get ready!

Wow, quiet in here....

Today's session didn't go too badly, I don't think. I did think they'd give us some actual things to try rather than just talking, but maybe that comes later.

That's a buggar about the CP Sheree. When do you find out if he was definiatly exposed?

Well I rang the clinic today and luckily the baby was in a different ward, pheww.... still doesn't mean it won't get it, but it is less likely. Thing is the lady said if the baby was in the playroom with us at the same time it is still possible, but I don't think I was ever in the playroom with anyone else except our ward except once that I remember so hopefully that was not the baby. Crossing my fingers that he does not get it, but looks promising at this stage.

That's good to hear Sheree.

Does anyone else baby move A LOT in thier cot? Darcy absolutley cannot crawl, is nowhere close in fact, but right now her head is where her feet should be....goodness knows what she'll be like when she can crawl/standup.

I had an offhanded compliment by a doctor. She said, "when you have a bright baby," So I said, "I have a bright baby? Thanks." She continued, "Yes when you have an extremely bright baby, that can sometimes be worse than having a handicapped child."
    I think she meant in terms of keeping them occupied, but who says that????

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast